Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Overall I am satisfied with this palette. I bought mine from sedonalace.com (though, I think they sell the same palettes as costal scents does) and I couldn't believe how intricate the packaging was. The palette was wrapped in bubble wrap, put into a box, then the box was wrapped in larger bubble wrap, and put into a bigger box full of foam peanuts. Amazing. Points always go to companies who package their products well.
And it only took me 2 days to receive my palette! This company is based in Florida (Not in Hong Kong like many other brands) so it was way faster this way!

My only downside and the reason for rating it a 4 is that the matte palette isn't really matte at all. The majority, yes, are matte. But out of the 88, 33 or so (give or take) are either a satin, shimmer, or frost finish. Totally wasn't expecting that. The seller didn't mention this even though I think this it's a pretty important detail. But thats my only complaint.

The price is unbeatable there so I can't really complain too much. The shadows are fairly pigmented, everything was carefully packaged, I got it in two days, AND I got a free brush! So total A+ very satisfied.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great palette for people who are new to makeup or just want to have a a lot of good quality eyeshadows for a good price. The color payoff is great. With a primer the shadows will last all day. I like these shadows more than my mac ones. For the price, these are AMAZING!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think this is a must have for a real make up lover! After seeing and hearing so much about this palette, I defenitely wanted to give it a try. I absolutely love this palette. You can create any look you want. The colors are pretty pigmented, blend well with other colors, worth your money. Im really glad I got this palette. A must have I say! =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Coastal Scents new 88 Metal Mania palette:
I gave it an overall rating of 5 because the colors it has are unlike all the other 88 palettes. The texture is buttery soft but what I was impressed with the most is the finish. It is indeed metallic like, but it's buildable, meaning that if one day all I want is a soft metallic finish I can easily achieve but if I want an all out metallic finish, then all I have to do is apply a first coat dry, and the second coat wet. The colors are not crazy colors but everyday wearable color. Its almost like the 88 warm palette gone metallic with a twist. I would definitely purchase it again! LuVs iTT :-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate the packaging. The hinge broke on me after a few days. The product itself is pretty chalky compared to higher end makeup. When I started out with makeup, I thought this was pretty good. You will need a eye primer for this. I use the Two Face Shadow Insurance. But then after a while, I graduated to more well known brands. Please note, well known doesn't always mean expensive. I recently tossed this palette since it was just sitting in my drawer collecting dust. I am also unsure about the source of this makeup. I prefer more well known brands just for security in the ingredients and process of making the product. I have no clue behind this makeup line. I bought this since a friend was so excited about it. For the price, I think its pretty cheap, but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Fun to play with, yes, and a great bang for your buck. They aren't MAC though but they are definitely better than cheapy chalky covergirl shadow. The mattes are kind of dusty though.

I think the shimmers are much more pigmented, smooth, and easier to work with.

I'd say it's fun to have just to play with and experiment with weird colors. I wouldn't use it as a work palette or anything though lol. I wouldn't repurchase just because I think I'd never run out! I use with toofaced shadow insurance and it stays on pretty well. Great product for younger makeup lovers and for people who love to play with different colors =)

This is my go-to palette for everyday looks, even though there is only a small section for the browns and neutral colors. I don't wear colorful eyeshadow all too often, so the dime-sized pans don't really bother me. I've had my palette for about 6 months now, and even with everyday use of some of the colors, I've barely dented them. If you want to experiment with different colored eyeshadows but don't wanted to splurge on full-sized versions, invest in this :) Offers great pigmentation and wide variety of colors, doesn't irritate my eyes, and is travel-friendly. AMAZING!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good palette! I love that I buy this palette and don't have to buy many other when I have this one.

Yes, the pigmentation is very good, but I find the colours in the pans don't have the same density. For example, the pan that is nearly a MAC Cork dupe is a lot more crumbly than the shimmery yellow one, which I really need to dig at to get any product. I realize that it may be different with other palettes. But that doesn't affect the blending or pigmentation.

All in all, very glad I found this. :)

I really don't trust this product, but being naive i bought one a few months back and have to say i really dont like it. I saw a reviewer a couple down saying she got headaches, strangely i did too, it could be coincidence but it did make the skin on my eyes red and blotchy, and for this reason im suspicious of this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you love makeup then i think you should own one of these. This pallete has all the colors you would need in creating any eye look, and has any blendy color you can spontaneously think of. The size of the eye shadows are small [so sad :( ] and the silvers suck as well as the black. I had to repeatedly pick up the eye shadow several times to get the color from the silvers and that single black.

Other than that these colors are wearable and this will decrease the amount of money you will spend on high end makeup brand eye shadows. The price is great , and i really dont need to buy hella eye shadows anymore.

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products