April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fun to play with, yes, and a great bang for your buck. They aren't MAC though but they are definitely better than cheapy chalky covergirl shadow. The mattes are kind of dusty though.

I think the shimmers are much more pigmented, smooth, and easier to work with.

I'd say it's fun to have just to play with and experiment with weird colors. I wouldn't use it as a work palette or anything though lol. I wouldn't repurchase just because I think I'd never run out! I use with toofaced shadow insurance and it stays on pretty well. Great product for younger makeup lovers and for people who love to play with different colors =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by flukii

This is my go-to palette for everyday looks, even though there is only a small section for the browns and neutral colors. I don't wear colorful eyeshadow all too often, so the dime-sized pans don't really bother me. I've had my palette for about 6 months now, and even with everyday use of some of the colors, I've barely dented them. If you want to experiment with different colored eyeshadows but don't wanted to splurge on full-sized versions, invest in this :) Offers great pigmentation and wide variety of colors, doesn't irritate my eyes, and is travel-friendly. AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mbasham369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Good palette! I love that I buy this palette and don't have to buy many other when I have this one.

Yes, the pigmentation is very good, but I find the colours in the pans don't have the same density. For example, the pan that is nearly a MAC Cork dupe is a lot more crumbly than the shimmery yellow one, which I really need to dig at to get any product. I realize that it may be different with other palettes. But that doesn't affect the blending or pigmentation.

All in all, very glad I found this. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't trust this product, but being naive i bought one a few months back and have to say i really dont like it. I saw a reviewer a couple down saying she got headaches, strangely i did too, it could be coincidence but it did make the skin on my eyes red and blotchy, and for this reason im suspicious of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by helenabinky

If you love makeup then i think you should own one of these. This pallete has all the colors you would need in creating any eye look, and has any blendy color you can spontaneously think of. The size of the eye shadows are small [so sad :( ] and the silvers suck as well as the black. I had to repeatedly pick up the eye shadow several times to get the color from the silvers and that single black.

Other than that these colors are wearable and this will decrease the amount of money you will spend on high end makeup brand eye shadows. The price is great , and i really dont need to buy hella eye shadows anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by penguin6278

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette!!! the color variation is amazing. And the pigmentaition - beautiful. It is soooo inexpensive, less than 50 cents and eyeshadow, and is definitally a must have for any makeup lover. i have the matte palette, and it is the best purchase i have ever made!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by coldkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors are beautiful in the palette, ranging from matte and satiny shades. Typically pigmented, nothing too amazing. I found the texture rather disturbing, too powdery and dry, like pure talc. Reminds me of chalk. On my eyes, the colors tend to look blotchy and cheap. Very drying to my eyes and the colors look dull, but not because they're matte! The "shimmery" colors (like the silver) are so frosty (not in a good way) that it's impossible to apply it with fallout. While all the colors are THAT powdery and horribly made they will fallout, but the sparkly shades will go all over your face. This is so unnecessarily powdery that it will break and you loose so much product when you dip your brush/sponge applicator in it. The one matte blue color (the second to last in the middle) oxidizes so much, and other colors do as well. Most end up looking muddy and just.. ew. Plus, the packaging is so crappy and cheap, it fell off almost immediately.

**WARNING!!
As well as that, these eyeshadows BURN my eyes. I don't even have sensitive eyes and they sting my lids so intensely that they give me an eyeshadow. This has happened to me with the 120 palettes. This is has NEVER happened to me before, and I hate to be this way, but I strongly suspect this has lead in it. My first bad reaction to eyeshadow, and it's unregulated, Chinese makeup. We all know China has a bad reputation for lead poisoning. Come on now guys, a HEADACHE?! It happens every time I apply this to my bare lids, as well as a few minor, but still annoying, thrusts in my hand and arm.

Lead has a negative effect on the brain, causing neurological disorders. Maybe that's why I felt my head throbbing. Even a swatch on my hand gives me a bad reaction

Remember, with a lot of these Asian ebay/Coastal/wholesale makeup palettes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!

And the fact that I am not the only one who got this bad reaction scares me! On Youtube, Livejournal, and on here, I have seen people complaining about something funky happening to their eyes.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kellydorado

I wanted this product for a very long time. When I first got it i was so excited. I got the 88 shimmer eyeshadows. I absolutely love it! A little bit goes a long way and they last all day for the most part. You can blend them to make any color as if the 88 isn't enough. I will definately buy it again should I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by julia0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing.
as a newbie with the whole makeup thing..(i've been really INTO makeup for about a year now) this palette has done amazing things for me and let me try out new looks. plus the pigmentation is INCREDIBLE...and for only like what 20 bucks? btw...i suggest checking for this on ebay and NOT coastalscents.com bc its like 10 bucks shipping on coastal scents...lameee and ebay you can prob get it for wayy cheaper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this pallette. Has any and every color you could ever need. Given, some colors are more pigmented than others. They last pretty well if you use a primer or a cream shadow as a base. Alone I dont think they would do too well. The blues, greens and purples are fabulous but the yellows dont show up at all. This is my favorite pallette from coastal scents. I have the shimmer pallette as well, but I use this alot more. Ideal for budget buyers and those just starting out in makeup.