November 23, 2014 | 2103 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdgewood

Personally, I did not like this liner. The felt tip made it harder to apply the liner. I had to keep dipping the wand back in the tube to get more liquid liner out to apply. Also, this is not good for oily eyes, as it will flake easily. I think it is too expensive for the quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a love-hate relationship with this liner. it's suuuuuper black definitley one of the bhlackest liners I have ever tried and it's reallly easy to use. easy to control. but it's annoying hwen i have to dip the brush back into the cap every 5 seconds and shake the whole thing before i can continue with my line because it ran out of ink. also it smudges so you hav toh wait a while like a minute before you can open your eyes completely after finishing your eyeliner. also it fades arghhh its annoying because you have to reotuch up during the day. i prefer jordana which doenst smudge OR fade and its dirt cheap. it is a littl eharder to contorl though because the felt tip is bigger

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by roar00

I tried to love this product...but my oily eye lids did not. The eyeliner would flake after couple hours of wear even with primer. Even after applying eyeliner and primer, I could kind of smudge the eyeliner, which I say should not even happen... Though I do love felt tip liners as it make applying eye liner for shaky hands easier, but I simply can't stand the flakiness :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by blushkittie

Guys, I am totally in love with this product!

To be honest, for the past few years I've been shelling out $26 for the Lancome Artliner and decided I should become a more frugal shopper. Armed with MUA reviews and my own research on other drugstore liners, I was pleased to find this pretty good dupe of the Artliner from L'Oreal, sold as the "L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner." Priced at about $8-9, I thought, this is an amazing deal, especially since L'Oreal actually owns Lancome brand. So I made the purchase and came home to test out the felt liner.

I'd been using the Noir and Brown shades from Lancome, and the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense that I bought was a comparable shade to Lancome's Noir.

The product is very easy to use, especially since it's similar to the felt tip liner that Artliner has. I'm so pleased that the application is quite comfortable and on par with Lancome, considering the price is less than half what it cost for me to purchase Artliner! I just apply the liner beginning from the inner corner of my eyes, sweeping out to the sides and usually ending in a cat eye. The color pay-off is great too, definitely a pretty shade of true black. During the day I did not get any flakiness or smudging--by the end of four hours it had not moved, which is a thumbs up (it does say it holds up for at least 8 hours)

I believe that some reviewers were complaining about the product being unflattering due to its "shiny" texture, but I do not find that this is the case for me. The color dries to a perfect matte carbon black. I think the product that they are actually describing is an alternate shade of the Lineur Intense, called "Black Mica" which actually means there is some shimmer in the product. (The packaging is a different color as well, it's in a pale shimmery gold tube as opposed to black.)

My only negative is that I wish there were more shades for this! As far as I know, there are only three shades-- Carbon Black, Brown, and Black Mica (please let me know if there are others!) I hope this was helpful for you all! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Best eyeliner hands down! I've been using this for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

In the hierarchy of eyeliners, liquid falls near the bottom for me. I prefer the precision of gel and the convenience of pencil. That said, this product caused a lot of talk and so I bought one in 2011 (I say this because there is some discussion of the formula changing). This is extremely black but still needs two coats. I have to go over my winged liner more than once to get the opacity I want and sometimes the felt applicator gets dry and removes product instead of adding more.

I absolutely HATE the glossy sheen of this liner. It is not flattering on my skin and diminishes the drama of cat eyes so minus a lippie. It makes my lid skin feel a little tight underneath the line, like it's pulling. Also, despite the use of primer, I find my sharp wing usually flakes off at some point, which I have never experienced with another product. I will say I love this liner when I am in a rush because it requires no brush or anything. It photographs rather nicely as well. I continue to use this eyeliner but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by alicekingderp

I really really like this liquid eyeliner! I use it nearly everyday
Why?
1. It's easy to apply and get nice fine or thick lines
2. the formula its self is really nice and even smudge-proof to a point
3. It's a really nice intense black that doesnt fade
4. it comes off easily with makeup remover and water, unlike other liners I've used that tend to linger in dry flakes on my eyelashes.

Overall it really is a nice product. The packaging isn't phenomenal but it's not terrible either. I say this was a win :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

So this is one of those rare times that the reviews here led me astray and persuaded me to make a bad purchase. Doesn't go on black, more like a watery grey (yes i do shake before use). Shiny finish. Doesn't last long. Gotta go over the same line repeatedly for it to look decent. No 7 liquid liner is far better, as well as all gel liners ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite liquid liner that I've tried. I recently converted to liquid after years of gel/brush. This is a lovely, precise liner with great pigmentation. Definitely the darkest black of all my other liners in comparison (MAC Fluidline, Clinique Brush on).

I rate this high because of ease of application and pigmentation. The staying power on me is a full day and I have no complaints of flaking (I even have oily lids).

This loses a rating for me because:
- I wish the tip was a little bitter narrower to do winged liner. To do my favourite winged top liner I have to use this thinly across the lid and finish the wing with a brush and gel liner.
- The felt tip tends to get ratty and worn quickly. It seems every time I pull this out of the tube another piece of felt has flaked off.

Overall this is a lovely liner but you do have to work with it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Melodiee

This is an HG eyeliner for me. The color is a true black. The felt tip makes it super easy to apply while getting a true black color the first time through. I don't know why people are saying it flakes off. It hasn't flaked at all for me. I usually put some MAC Carbon Black eyeshadow on top of it to smudge it a bit since I'm terrible at applying eyeliner in straight line. I've bought this over and over!