October 31, 2014 | 1412 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far so good. Since I have this new Strawberry hair color I continue to be dissatisfied with most of my eyebrow products. The huge variety is great for my clients but did not satisfy me for this new hair color.

My eyebrows are fine -- not that sparse but definitely in need of definition.
Pencils are sometimes too dramatic for defining my eyebrows as I don't like a very defined look. Gels are ok.. but just that, ok. Most powders are too dark or too grey for me now and gels are good but sometimes messy with the heat where I live. Grr. I have this powder in various shades for clients and they work wonderfully. I just bought this shade for me to try and I am in love.

I have found a great little product in a lovely case and the contents are amazing for light/strawberry red blonde hair.

I think for now my quest is over.. at least until I re-do my haircolor..lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not quite sure whether I LOVE this product or am unsatisfied..
I have very light, ash blonde hair, and brow products are always too dark and/or too orange/yellow/warm and look unatural.

I saw this in Ash Blonde, and the light colour looked like just what I needed for everyday. I love the soft, fine-milled consistency, it doesn't apply "powdery", and it really lasts.

My problem is, it applies quite a bit darker than it looks in the compact, and on my finger!
I am thinking it has something to do with my eyebrows being moist from my moisturizer.. Applying shadow with wet brushes is suppose to give richer colour payoff, but it is annyoing the hell out of me, because I want the exact colour - like it shows up on my finger, when I brush it over the powder.

I am thinking I will continue to experiment with ways to make my brows super dry prior to application, because this really is a good brow product with excellent colour choices - if you're willing to spend big bucks on it. I am mostly using it as an eyeshadow now though, and saving the brow application for nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

My HG brow product!!!! I have the brunette color, and it looks very natural when filling in my sparse eyebrows! My best friend who is a makeup artist says my eyebrows look really natural, and that it doesn't look like I fill them in at all! I've also received many compliments how beautiful my eyebrows are (when in fact they are actually quite sparse). The staying power is also amazing. I use this with the Anastasia browwiz pencil for defining, and together, they make the perfect duo! It is definitely a staple in my makeup bag and I will not hesitate to purchase again!

***Update: Now that my hair color is back to its natural black color (it was colored brown when I wrote the review), medium ash with the taupe undertone is now a better color match than the brunette color with the red undertone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product, in my opinion, is pure useless crap, but marketing genius. I don't wear brow powder daily or even yearly, but have worn if for photos & weddings. Does not hold a candle to Shiseido's brow powder, and the darkest color of Ebony duo, has a warm undertone that may suit those with dark skins and dark brows, but not someone like me with medium-light skin and super dark brows. A good eye shadow would better than this junk. The product is too powdery and does not work well with mixing mediums.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I began using this last month and thank god because an esthetician had totally botched my brows...luckily this powder easily fills in areas, makes my brows look natural and stays put all day. I absolutely love it and since I found it when it was 50% off, I bought two more as back-ups! This is definitely my favourite brow product and I have tried more than a few!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy Grail! I've tried powders, pencils, lipink (kind of like fingernail polish) and even graphite pencils, and this is by far the best. Wish I had found it years ago. I have medium brown hair with a few tiny highlights and lots of grey (white) hair coming in. Knowing most pencils are too red or orange, I chose the ash blonde which is perfect. I almost got the medium ash, but I think it would have been too dark. I didn't try this for a long time because it is expensive and I thought it would be just another brow powder. But this Anastasia brow powder lasts a long time, does not settle in my pores, is the perfect color, and gives me great looking brows that look natural. I have sparse brows with some white and this seems to cover the white ones. I just got this two weeks ago and already purchased a second one to carry in my purse. Awesome product to replace hundreds of not-quite-good-enough brow pencils and powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product with a recent Sephora online order. It came with the Ash Blonde and the Brunette on little cards, enough to try the product for several days. I've used it every day since then (about a week and a half) and yesterday I went to purchase the full size. I knew after the first use that this was finally the brow product that I've been looking for. I don't like to use pencils on my brows and every other powders I've used have looked too harsh and/or didn't last on my oily skin. This powder is well pigmented, it goes on smoothly (I use my 266 brush) and stays on ALL DAY and all night without budging. I like to use the lighter shade (in the Brunette duo) for the thickest part of my brows then blend it out into the darker color for the tails. Be aware that the package, while cute, is deceptively large. When I opened it I expected there to be much more product than there actually was (1.60g). You need very little, however, so I think that this will last me quite a long time. Overall I am highly impressed with this powder and I will absolutely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by VVV

HOLY GRAIL! I have been on the hunt for the perfect pale ash blonde brow powder and this is it. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is perfect!

COLOR: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in comes in six different choices of shade: Ash Blonde (cool taupe), Golden Blonde (warm gold), Strawburn (reddish blonde), Medium Ash (taupe based brown), Brunette (dark warm brown), and Ebony (deep neutral brown). I love how this line has a whopping THREE different shade choices for blondes - a cool ash, a warm gold, and a strawberry auburn. It's so difficult to find the right shade of blonde brow color, let alone the correct undertone - but Anastasia has them all covered. Even better - they're duos! Each shade choice comes with two colors so you're guaranteed to have one or the other (or a combination of both) be your perfect shade.

Ash Blonde (cool taupe) is the color I've been searching for that has been missing from all the other lines I've bought brow color from. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is the perfect pair of cool, ash toned light blonde shades! Both my natural hair color and my bleached/toned hair color have ash undertones (with no gold or red) so I'm ecstatic to finally have a brow color that matches in both shade & undertone. I absolutely LOVE both colors that came in the duo. The lighter shade is light enough for the lightest ash blonde brows while still having enough color to show up and define the brows beautifully. The darker shade is just dark enough to mimic my natural brow color (which is dark ash blonde).

APPLICATION: I use MAC's 266 brush and a spoolie with Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I use the darker shade in the duo with the 266 to extend the outer edge of my eyebrow to a nice point & to fill in any sparse areas. I use the lighter shade in the duo with the 266 also and apply it all over & through my brows, I also use a combination of both shades to fill in a little bald patch I have on one of my eyebrows - I carefully add a few brush strokes of the darker shade that mimic the direction of the surrounding brow hairs and then go over the entire area with the lighter shade. After I'm done applying the brow powder with the 266 I use a spoolie to pull the color through my brows and lightly blend. The two colors work wonderfully together to achieve beautifully defined brows that look entirely natural.

FORMULA: Anastasia's Brow Powders are very pigmented and very easy to blend. There is some wax mixed in with the powder so the product actually stays put all day (or all night) long and doesn't fade or travel.

PACKAGING: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is a pressed powder product that comes in a pretty flip-top compact. It's very convenient and extremely easy to use. It even has a little mirror. I use this product every single time I do my makeup and 10 months later there is still a fair amount of product in my compact - this stuff really lasts!

INGREDIENTS (all shades): Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

BOTTOM LINE: ♥Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is my HG!♥ Ahhh, it feels so good to say that considering how many pencils, waxes, & other brow powders I've been disappointed by. I love the color selection in this line and believe there is something for everyone in it. This line is especially nice for blondes like me who feel they have been one-size-fits-all'ed by other brands who have brow color choices like: "Light", "Medium", "Dark". I love how easy this product is to use - it's perfect for first-time beginners and experts in a rush. The difference this product makes in my appearance is really profound, night and day. Defined brows frame my eyes and make my entire look more polished. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I'd highly recommend Anastasia's Brow Powder Duos to anyone looking for perfectly defined brows that look entirely natural (I think that's everyone, lol!). If you are unsure which shade to choose go with the lighter one - it will look more natural and be easier to apply.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I almost didnt get this, because i thought it was steep for a brow powder. But I really like this. It lasts all day, and is a decent match for my natural brows.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by nnylanna

I really liked this product at first. It applied it with a light hand, but I never really got the natural look I wanted. I got the Brunette and one side is too light and the other too dark. When I mix it, it still isn't natural looking. I love the staying power, but for the price, it doesn't perform like I want it too. BE's brow powder in Dark Blonde/Medium is perfect for those with black hair and dark eyebrows that aren't exactly black.