August 23, 2014 | 920 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product with a recent Sephora online order. It came with the Ash Blonde and the Brunette on little cards, enough to try the product for several days. I've used it every day since then (about a week and a half) and yesterday I went to purchase the full size. I knew after the first use that this was finally the brow product that I've been looking for. I don't like to use pencils on my brows and every other powders I've used have looked too harsh and/or didn't last on my oily skin. This powder is well pigmented, it goes on smoothly (I use my 266 brush) and stays on ALL DAY and all night without budging. I like to use the lighter shade (in the Brunette duo) for the thickest part of my brows then blend it out into the darker color for the tails. Be aware that the package, while cute, is deceptively large. When I opened it I expected there to be much more product than there actually was (1.60g). You need very little, however, so I think that this will last me quite a long time. Overall I am highly impressed with this powder and I will absolutely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by VVV

HOLY GRAIL! I have been on the hunt for the perfect pale ash blonde brow powder and this is it. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is perfect!

COLOR: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in comes in six different choices of shade: Ash Blonde (cool taupe), Golden Blonde (warm gold), Strawburn (reddish blonde), Medium Ash (taupe based brown), Brunette (dark warm brown), and Ebony (deep neutral brown). I love how this line has a whopping THREE different shade choices for blondes - a cool ash, a warm gold, and a strawberry auburn. It's so difficult to find the right shade of blonde brow color, let alone the correct undertone - but Anastasia has them all covered. Even better - they're duos! Each shade choice comes with two colors so you're guaranteed to have one or the other (or a combination of both) be your perfect shade.

Ash Blonde (cool taupe) is the color I've been searching for that has been missing from all the other lines I've bought brow color from. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is the perfect pair of cool, ash toned light blonde shades! Both my natural hair color and my bleached/toned hair color have ash undertones (with no gold or red) so I'm ecstatic to finally have a brow color that matches in both shade & undertone. I absolutely LOVE both colors that came in the duo. The lighter shade is light enough for the lightest ash blonde brows while still having enough color to show up and define the brows beautifully. The darker shade is just dark enough to mimic my natural brow color (which is dark ash blonde).

APPLICATION: I use MAC's 266 brush and a spoolie with Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I use the darker shade in the duo with the 266 to extend the outer edge of my eyebrow to a nice point & to fill in any sparse areas. I use the lighter shade in the duo with the 266 also and apply it all over & through my brows, I also use a combination of both shades to fill in a little bald patch I have on one of my eyebrows - I carefully add a few brush strokes of the darker shade that mimic the direction of the surrounding brow hairs and then go over the entire area with the lighter shade. After I'm done applying the brow powder with the 266 I use a spoolie to pull the color through my brows and lightly blend. The two colors work wonderfully together to achieve beautifully defined brows that look entirely natural.

FORMULA: Anastasia's Brow Powders are very pigmented and very easy to blend. There is some wax mixed in with the powder so the product actually stays put all day (or all night) long and doesn't fade or travel.

PACKAGING: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is a pressed powder product that comes in a pretty flip-top compact. It's very convenient and extremely easy to use. It even has a little mirror. I use this product every single time I do my makeup and 10 months later there is still a fair amount of product in my compact - this stuff really lasts!

INGREDIENTS (all shades): Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

BOTTOM LINE: ♥Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is my HG!♥ Ahhh, it feels so good to say that considering how many pencils, waxes, & other brow powders I've been disappointed by. I love the color selection in this line and believe there is something for everyone in it. This line is especially nice for blondes like me who feel they have been one-size-fits-all'ed by other brands who have brow color choices like: "Light", "Medium", "Dark". I love how easy this product is to use - it's perfect for first-time beginners and experts in a rush. The difference this product makes in my appearance is really profound, night and day. Defined brows frame my eyes and make my entire look more polished. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I'd highly recommend Anastasia's Brow Powder Duos to anyone looking for perfectly defined brows that look entirely natural (I think that's everyone, lol!). If you are unsure which shade to choose go with the lighter one - it will look more natural and be easier to apply.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I almost didnt get this, because i thought it was steep for a brow powder. But I really like this. It lasts all day, and is a decent match for my natural brows.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by nnylanna

I really liked this product at first. It applied it with a light hand, but I never really got the natural look I wanted. I got the Brunette and one side is too light and the other too dark. When I mix it, it still isn't natural looking. I love the staying power, but for the price, it doesn't perform like I want it too. BE's brow powder in Dark Blonde/Medium is perfect for those with black hair and dark eyebrows that aren't exactly black.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ilovebronzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had blonde/invisible eyebrows, and I couldn't use anything to darken them because it wouldn't look natural. The strawburn color matches my hair almost exactly. It looks very natural, and the colors can be mixed to get exacty the shade you want. It also lasts all day. Highly recommended for redheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I am a redhead and it is very difficult to get a good color match that doesn't make your brows look overdone. Each palette comes with 2 colors that you can blend to custom make the color you want. In the fall and winter I can go slightly darker than in the summer months so this product is perfect. The power looks completely natural and wears really well. I use the Strawburn but it looks like the brand has all of the hair colors covered. If you are looking for a great product for brows, try this! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by SofieZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brow powder is a great match for me. I am an Asian with black hair, black brows, and brown eyes. I purchased the Anastasia brow powder in medium brown. At first, I was deciding between medium brown and ebony. I have normal black eyebrows; my brows are not sparse and not bushy. I wanted a brow powder that will just make my brows looked more polished and neat, not obviously painted on or brown. When I first opened my brow powder, it looked so light and no where close to my black eyebrow color. But the dark and even the light powder matched my brows PERFECTLY. I layered too much of the dark powder on and my eyebrows looked way too dark. My second try was more successful and more natural looking. The brow powder has more of a grayish rather than brownish undertone, which looked very natural and lovely on my eyebrows and fair skin. If you're a fair skinned asian like me, get this.

Also, if you want to see how this looks, you can search Michelle Phan's video on Youtube. She uses this brow powder in medium brown in one of her Valentine makeup videos and it looks black. In other videos, she uses the same exact brow in medium brown and it looks brown. She also has black hair and brows and somewhat fair skin. After seeing the versatility of color in her videos, I decided with the medium brown rather than the ebony. Hope this was helpful!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the ash blonde duo and the colors are bang on. I've always used pencils in the past so I've been very pleased with my results using Anastasia powder. Its very easy to apply and gives me a more natural look than pencil. The tiny compact will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

Ahhhh... perfection. If you can't seem to find anything that compliments your brow hair color or nicely creates the illusion of brow hair, then you must try this. I tried a lot of drugstore brow fillers and they were mostly failures. If you got some $$ to burn or if you really obsess over your brows (like I do) and want nothing less than outstanding, try Anastasia Brow Powder.

The coloring system here is so thoroughly researched and perfected that I can say they have a color for virtually every one. I have very difficult to match "ashy" brown brows. Most brows sticks and/or powders I've tried are too red, too black, too heavy, too waxy. The medium ash color works wonders for me. It looks *just* like my natural brow hair, nothing fake about it. The colors are quite unflattering in the pan, a very blah grey and a darker charcoal, but they work so well with my natural brow color - it's almost scary.

The texture of the powder is so smooth and blends on the skin wonderfully. It's not messy and does not flake during application. It's smooth texture allows for a very precise application - your brows look natural, clean, yet noticeably defined (and refined : )).

The pigment is very rich and withstands a lot of activity. After a sweaty jog, I don't really notice anything wrong with my brows, everything is kept in place. Even after a long day, my brows still look pretty good.

It's formula allows for versatility. You can go easy with the powder and add just a wash of color and soft lines to make brows naturally full, or you can use a more heavy hand to sculpt a more dramatic look.

Although it's pricey, it's worth every penny! I bought mine months ago and have yet to even see the bottom of the pan! The packaging is adorable yet functional - I dropped it several times on hard flooring and the product never cracked. However, because it's so compact, it's kinda hard to find. I panic when I can't find it in the morning! It's so essential. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Standardtoaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyebrow powder. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. The packing is super dooper cute. :) I feel so cool carry it with me, lol.

Anyways, I first got this in Ebony since I'm asian with black hair. I had another brow powder from before by Milani but it was way too brown for my brows and didn't look right with my black hair. xD

Ebony is the perfect match for me. I use the light shade for the inner and middle part of my brows and the darker shade for the out arch. IT IS LOVE. I am always excited to do my brows now.

I later bought one in Medium Ash and I think it has a great shade of colors too. I've only used the darker shade though but it's great. It's a bit more natural than the Ebony duo. But what I like about the Medium Ash one is that you could build up on the powder and it won't look unnatural at all!

I also purchased the duo spooley and angled brush and it is the best tool for this powder. It's the perfect size to put in my makeup bag too.

The staying power is pretty good too. It pretty much last all day.