September 20, 2014 | 1218 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow this stuff is really horrible. I have been using it daily for a week trying to get used to it. Not happening. I really hate the end result and the way it makes my lashes feel - heavy, rubbery, sticky, pasted together. The tiniest bit of moisture causes a blob of lashes to stick together and when that happens there is NO separating them again without washing everything off and starting over.

The white primer is extremely thick and it dries lightning fast. If you don't get the mascara on IMMEDIATELY, there is just no hope. It has to be so immediate that literally you barely have time to get the white wand back in the tube, and take the mascara wand out. If you wait more than 5 seconds, the primer is dried hard and you absolutely cannot get the mascara over it.

The tips of the lashes (mine are long) stay stubbornly white and the mascara will not cover them no matter how much I try. The primer is so dense and opaque that when you put the black mascara on it, the overall color is sort of a grayish green looking color - NOT black. Ugh just awful.

Using the mascara without the primer is useless because any amount of length or volume at all comes from the primer.

Washing it off is fairly easy using lots of warm water. I had no problems with the removal aspect of it.

I have nice eyelashes with a natural curl. I never use a curler and the tips of my lashes hit my brow bone. Maybe if you have tiny short lashes this would work for you, but if you have long, sweeping lashes, the end result is just a godawful hot mess.

I have used all sorts of mascara from various high ends to just about every drug store brand out there. My favorite ones are the Physician's Formula shimmer mascara in the square tube that is black on one end and colored on the other end. Lash Blast is good also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by onenorahs

Love this stuff!! Been using for a couple of years now. I've tried all the tube mascaras from the dept. stores. Even sent off to Japan for Fiberwig and this one's definitely the best!! I'm lucky having long thick lashes. Adding this they look like I'm wearing falsies. By the end of the work day I've rubbed my makeup off but this stuff stays fresh all day. I love how it rolls off with water instead of giving you raccoon eyes when removing. And it's inexpensive. My daily product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by phantasmox

I need to wear tubing mascara because any other mascara turns me into a raccoon an hour into wearing it. That being said, this is a godsend, being the only tubing drugstore mascara (that I'm aware of). It initially weighs down my eyelashes, but I carefully curl them again after it dries and it'll stay up the rest of the day. I wish it would weigh my bottom lashes down more because they tend to stick straight out. I get nice volume out of this mascara too, and I could wear it for both a day or night look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I've used this product for over 18 months now so I consider myself having enough knowledge about it for a review. This mascara is good if you like the idea of a lengthening, smudge proof, deep black mascara. It makes my lashes rather hard after application, with or without the primer. It also weights my curled lashes down a lot, to the point where it looks like I never curled them. The idea of it is great: rubbery tubes that envelop your lashes that you can wash off simply with warm water and soap. But the results that it gives me are not worth it. If you try to curl your lashes after application, you're asking for flakes! I wear contact lenses daily with ultra-sensitive eyes and I cannot tolerate any flakes of makeup inside my eyes. Hence, this product gets a less than stellar rating from me and I will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I don't feel like applying false eyelashes, I reach for this product! Super easy to apply and it lasts all day. I think the 'magic' of the product lies in the primer. The mascara, I feel, is good- but not excellent. I'd buy this again because it's at a good price, and works very well. Ideally, I'd like to purchase the primer separately, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best mascara I have ever used. Absolutely NO smudging, or flaking and it removes VERY easily at night (just gently tug your lashes and it will dislodge the "tube" which will then come right off). Perhaps best of all, as others have mentioned below, this makes me look like I have falsies on (in a good way!). I have the ladies of MUA to thank for recommending this to me; prior to this, even the most gentle mascara was running into my eyes and I was about to give up on all of it until I was turned onto this. There is a slight learning curve to applying this, so don't get discouraged if you try the first few times and it looks bad, you just have to tweek it to work with your lashes! Overall, so happy this product exists!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara feels good to put on and take off. The formula feels cold and wet (for both the primer and the mascara), and it goes on quite smoothly. My lashes get quite long and separated after this (+), but there is one HUGE downfall for me. It does NOT hold my curl! I have Asian lashes that are pretty long, but they stick out straight, so I have to curl them. I tried the primer + mascara... my lashes fell. I tried just the mascara... they fell. How am I supposed to show off the beautiful long eyelashes if they don't curl up? I tried curling them afterwards (for once - I never do that), and it ended up scaring me because the lashes almost stuck to the curler. It's also a little bit expensive and the product is separated in half, which means you have less than you would normally get (because of the primer). Many people love this product - I don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. It makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and my lashes look incredibly long and lush.
I don't give it a perfect score because:
*the product in the tube seems to dry out quickly around the rim. I imagine this tube will last maybe 6 weeks instead of the usual 3 months for mascara.
*it doesn't come in brown. Black mascara is kind of harsh on me
*washing it off isn't the easiest task in my nightly routine. Might be worth the trouble though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally - my HG mascara! I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, and really liked it, but I don't know if they changed the formula or what but all of a sudden it started leaving smudges under my eyes (not good, since I have dark circles already). So I switched to the waterproof formula, but it did the same exact thing. Then I tried a few more expensive brands - MAC being the one I had the most hope for, but no luck. Then an aquaintance recommended the Double Extend Beauty Tubes, I tried it, and will never try another mascara again. It DOES not smudge. Ever. And it couldn't be easier to remove - just splash a little warm water on your eyes, pinch your lashes and slide the tubes right off. It's amazing. I have to say I don't use the primer, since I found that made it clumpy, but I don't really think I need it. This mascara is perfect and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mbartol9

FINALLY, my HG mascara! This stuff is amazing. My fiancee always seems to notice how beautiful my eyes are coincidentally when I'm wearing Beauty Tubes! And something else I've never experienced with any other mascara - If I go to sleep with it on, it still looks fab the next day!