July 30, 2014 | 1530 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. It makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and my lashes look incredibly long and lush.
I don't give it a perfect score because:
*the product in the tube seems to dry out quickly around the rim. I imagine this tube will last maybe 6 weeks instead of the usual 3 months for mascara.
*it doesn't come in brown. Black mascara is kind of harsh on me
*washing it off isn't the easiest task in my nightly routine. Might be worth the trouble though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally - my HG mascara! I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, and really liked it, but I don't know if they changed the formula or what but all of a sudden it started leaving smudges under my eyes (not good, since I have dark circles already). So I switched to the waterproof formula, but it did the same exact thing. Then I tried a few more expensive brands - MAC being the one I had the most hope for, but no luck. Then an aquaintance recommended the Double Extend Beauty Tubes, I tried it, and will never try another mascara again. It DOES not smudge. Ever. And it couldn't be easier to remove - just splash a little warm water on your eyes, pinch your lashes and slide the tubes right off. It's amazing. I have to say I don't use the primer, since I found that made it clumpy, but I don't really think I need it. This mascara is perfect and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mbartol9

FINALLY, my HG mascara! This stuff is amazing. My fiancee always seems to notice how beautiful my eyes are coincidentally when I'm wearing Beauty Tubes! And something else I've never experienced with any other mascara - If I go to sleep with it on, it still looks fab the next day!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I rated this terribly about three years ago after getting a dud tube. I also think applying the first step white gook before the mascara also jaded me. This mascara is however, the only one I keep coming back to. If I use the black side only I get a decent finish. Since it comes off in tubes, I never have smearing or raccoon eyes which is a big thing for me since I do have deep set eyes and dark circles already. All in all I think this is a pretty decent mascara, it doesn't give you crazy volume or length or anything extreme.

*Edit (3/8/13) After solely using this as my mascara for a few years I noticed that my once thick/long/full (although blonde and pretty much transparent on the end half) lashes seemed much thinner and sparse then years prior. I stopped using this for a couple months and switched to Covergirl's NatureLuxe mousse mascara and I've noticed that my lashes seem fuller and healthier looking since I've made the switch. I'll still use the L'oreal Beauty tubes on days where I work a double without a break or if I'm going to be on airplanes for 8 hours without doing any touch ups, but I just don't care for how dry this makes my lashes look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This is consistently something I come back to - makes my lashes long and defined - very doll-like and looks an awful lot like false lashes for me.

I have this in Blackest Black - very deep shiny black. The primer works well for my short, squat lashes - lengthens and separates, although I don't think this is the most voluminous mascara ever - but I'm not complaining.

I do find this product dries out FAST - and I have to blot the brushes the first week I use it, which uses a lot of product, I know. Sometimes the very wet formula for the mascara will clump, too, but I find if I wait at least 2 minutes between the primer and the mascara, that's not a problem.

This formula does NOT flake. As a person with sensitive eyes, especially during allergy season, the fact that this removes as "tubes" is so wonderful - just use your makeup remover for your shadow/liner (but leave the mascara alone), and the with your cleanser, the mascara slips right off. The spider-leg effect is pretty strange at first, but you get used to is.

Though it's different than most, I'd recommend it to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by CeceBe

I dont like this very much. I like the primer, it makes my lashes nice and long but i dont like the brush for the mascara. the mascara is very wet and really clumps my lashes, and doesnt do much length or anything. its also very hard to get the mascara off - its flakes into lots of little pieces onto my face when i try to get it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a year now, I keep trying to leave it and go to other volumizing or lenghtening ones...but I really need to stop.
This stuff DOES NOT FLAKE, unless you try to use a like 2 month old bottle, but duh that's with any mascara.
It does not flake, and washes off like a DREAM. It also never gives you raccoon eyes, or flakes. It washes off in the little tubes, which is awesome.

Now, it does have buildable length, which is great, and it does look good for every day wear...now, is this going out on a date, or making your eyes look top notch mascara? No. But for the no flakes, and super super easy wash off....it's just awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ashpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I really love this mascara. I live in Florida where it is very humid and makeup likes to melt off my face, and this stuff has held up for me wonderfully. Like others have said, no more raccoon eyes!! It stays on all day, no flaking at all. I only need one coat all day, while with any other mascara's I've tried I have to reapply throughout the day here. It just stays put until you want it off, and is super easy to remove with warm water. Love this stuff, I'll be sticking with it for a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rahrahsisboomba

This stuff sucks. It did absolutly nothing for my lashes. I ended up throwing it out after using it for one week. What a waste of money,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by chacha30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great mascara for summer. For work, I really need a mascara that won't budge and tubing mascaras are the way to go. It doesn't give the length and fullness that a regular mascara can, but it does add to my lashes. 4 out of 5 for the longevity.