November 24, 2014 | 1750 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

THE best mascara for monolids. I disliked it as first but after getting the hang of the primer, I loved it. Though I don't use the primer on an everyday bases due to too much hassle. Even without the primer, it is still very lengthening and voluminous if you wiggle it at the roots like you should xP Oh I forgot, the reason I love it is because it never smudge, washes away very easily with warm water, and the cheapest tube technology mascara. Worth repurchasing, and repurchasing, and never look at another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mimepanda

I have short, stick-straight (they point directly downward too darn it) eye lashes that are sparse and not very noticeable. On top of that my eyes are hooded and lids tend to be oily.

This is the absolute best mascara I've found. With this mascara my eyelashes are not only visible, they're visibly long and curled! It has never smudged on my upper or lower eye area and is so easy to remove. Sometimes I forget to take it off (just wet a piece of paper towel and press lashes in between for about 30 seconds and gently wipe off) and it just comes off in the shower. It very rarely clumps however it also builds virtually no volume, but I think you can probably layer this with another mascara? Haven't tried because I am just so happy that I finally have long long lashes! Will keep buying for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very short, straight, lashes and have tried MANY different mascaras and this is by far the best that I've tried and will continue to purchase. It made my lashes so much longer! It doesn't clump or smudge. I like putting mascara on my bottom lashes and many mascaras turn into a black mess under my eyes. This mascara stays looking fresh and doesn't flake either. It holds curl well also. You do have to figure out the right technique to apply but once you know how your lashes look great. My lashes look like they're someone elses, that's how much of a difference it makes. It is a more wet mascara so you have to be careful when applying it. It comes off so well when washing my face and it doesn't pull or break my lashes either. I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by libbyfish1

I discovered tube mascaras about 6 months ago after years of irritated raccoon eyes. They were the only thing that could get me to spend on pricy department store brands -- I started with Blinc's Kiss Me (tubes were a revelation, but the formula/application/result was meh), then moved onto Clinique Lash Power (applied well and looked better than the Blinc, but removal was a nightmare -- it flaked off in bits rather than coming off in tubes, and always got in my eyes). Then I moved onto L'Oreal Beauty Tubes, the drugstore version, and so far it's far superior.

Beauty Tubes definitely gives the most dramatic results -- it gives a lot of length and a decent amount of volume. The formula goes on well, although the primer step is a little weird; it can get a little clumpy, but a quick pass with a lash comb should solve it. It lasts all day with no budging. The formula is a little sticky -- if I have it on top and bottom, I can feel myself blinking sometimes, but it's not unpleasant. Removal is a dream.

The price seems good -- it's about $10 or $11 at Target, a few dollars cheaper than Clinique and substantially cheaper than Blinc -- except that you really don't get very much product. The tube is huge, but the two wells of mascara (primer and top coat) take up maybe a third of it. I only use my mascaras for 3 months for health reasons, so if it lasts that long it's not a problem. If not, though, it's not such a bargain after all, and I might try Trish McEvoy or another high-end tube version next.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow this stuff is really horrible. I have been using it daily for a week trying to get used to it. Not happening. I really hate the end result and the way it makes my lashes feel - heavy, rubbery, sticky, pasted together. The tiniest bit of moisture causes a blob of lashes to stick together and when that happens there is NO separating them again without washing everything off and starting over.

The white primer is extremely thick and it dries lightning fast. If you don't get the mascara on IMMEDIATELY, there is just no hope. It has to be so immediate that literally you barely have time to get the white wand back in the tube, and take the mascara wand out. If you wait more than 5 seconds, the primer is dried hard and you absolutely cannot get the mascara over it.

The tips of the lashes (mine are long) stay stubbornly white and the mascara will not cover them no matter how much I try. The primer is so dense and opaque that when you put the black mascara on it, the overall color is sort of a grayish green looking color - NOT black. Ugh just awful.

Using the mascara without the primer is useless because any amount of length or volume at all comes from the primer.

Washing it off is fairly easy using lots of warm water. I had no problems with the removal aspect of it.

I have nice eyelashes with a natural curl. I never use a curler and the tips of my lashes hit my brow bone. Maybe if you have tiny short lashes this would work for you, but if you have long, sweeping lashes, the end result is just a godawful hot mess.

I have used all sorts of mascara from various high ends to just about every drug store brand out there. My favorite ones are the Physician's Formula shimmer mascara in the square tube that is black on one end and colored on the other end. Lash Blast is good also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by onenorahs

Love this stuff!! Been using for a couple of years now. I've tried all the tube mascaras from the dept. stores. Even sent off to Japan for Fiberwig and this one's definitely the best!! I'm lucky having long thick lashes. Adding this they look like I'm wearing falsies. By the end of the work day I've rubbed my makeup off but this stuff stays fresh all day. I love how it rolls off with water instead of giving you raccoon eyes when removing. And it's inexpensive. My daily product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by phantasmox

I need to wear tubing mascara because any other mascara turns me into a raccoon an hour into wearing it. That being said, this is a godsend, being the only tubing drugstore mascara (that I'm aware of). It initially weighs down my eyelashes, but I carefully curl them again after it dries and it'll stay up the rest of the day. I wish it would weigh my bottom lashes down more because they tend to stick straight out. I get nice volume out of this mascara too, and I could wear it for both a day or night look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I've used this product for over 18 months now so I consider myself having enough knowledge about it for a review. This mascara is good if you like the idea of a lengthening, smudge proof, deep black mascara. It makes my lashes rather hard after application, with or without the primer. It also weights my curled lashes down a lot, to the point where it looks like I never curled them. The idea of it is great: rubbery tubes that envelop your lashes that you can wash off simply with warm water and soap. But the results that it gives me are not worth it. If you try to curl your lashes after application, you're asking for flakes! I wear contact lenses daily with ultra-sensitive eyes and I cannot tolerate any flakes of makeup inside my eyes. Hence, this product gets a less than stellar rating from me and I will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I don't feel like applying false eyelashes, I reach for this product! Super easy to apply and it lasts all day. I think the 'magic' of the product lies in the primer. The mascara, I feel, is good- but not excellent. I'd buy this again because it's at a good price, and works very well. Ideally, I'd like to purchase the primer separately, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best mascara I have ever used. Absolutely NO smudging, or flaking and it removes VERY easily at night (just gently tug your lashes and it will dislodge the "tube" which will then come right off). Perhaps best of all, as others have mentioned below, this makes me look like I have falsies on (in a good way!). I have the ladies of MUA to thank for recommending this to me; prior to this, even the most gentle mascara was running into my eyes and I was about to give up on all of it until I was turned onto this. There is a slight learning curve to applying this, so don't get discouraged if you try the first few times and it looks bad, you just have to tweek it to work with your lashes! Overall, so happy this product exists!