August 30, 2014 | 1583 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by phantasmox

I need to wear tubing mascara because any other mascara turns me into a raccoon an hour into wearing it. That being said, this is a godsend, being the only tubing drugstore mascara (that I'm aware of). It initially weighs down my eyelashes, but I carefully curl them again after it dries and it'll stay up the rest of the day. I wish it would weigh my bottom lashes down more because they tend to stick straight out. I get nice volume out of this mascara too, and I could wear it for both a day or night look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I've used this product for over 18 months now so I consider myself having enough knowledge about it for a review. This mascara is good if you like the idea of a lengthening, smudge proof, deep black mascara. It makes my lashes rather hard after application, with or without the primer. It also weights my curled lashes down a lot, to the point where it looks like I never curled them. The idea of it is great: rubbery tubes that envelop your lashes that you can wash off simply with warm water and soap. But the results that it gives me are not worth it. If you try to curl your lashes after application, you're asking for flakes! I wear contact lenses daily with ultra-sensitive eyes and I cannot tolerate any flakes of makeup inside my eyes. Hence, this product gets a less than stellar rating from me and I will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I don't feel like applying false eyelashes, I reach for this product! Super easy to apply and it lasts all day. I think the 'magic' of the product lies in the primer. The mascara, I feel, is good- but not excellent. I'd buy this again because it's at a good price, and works very well. Ideally, I'd like to purchase the primer separately, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best mascara I have ever used. Absolutely NO smudging, or flaking and it removes VERY easily at night (just gently tug your lashes and it will dislodge the "tube" which will then come right off). Perhaps best of all, as others have mentioned below, this makes me look like I have falsies on (in a good way!). I have the ladies of MUA to thank for recommending this to me; prior to this, even the most gentle mascara was running into my eyes and I was about to give up on all of it until I was turned onto this. There is a slight learning curve to applying this, so don't get discouraged if you try the first few times and it looks bad, you just have to tweek it to work with your lashes! Overall, so happy this product exists!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara feels good to put on and take off. The formula feels cold and wet (for both the primer and the mascara), and it goes on quite smoothly. My lashes get quite long and separated after this (+), but there is one HUGE downfall for me. It does NOT hold my curl! I have Asian lashes that are pretty long, but they stick out straight, so I have to curl them. I tried the primer + mascara... my lashes fell. I tried just the mascara... they fell. How am I supposed to show off the beautiful long eyelashes if they don't curl up? I tried curling them afterwards (for once - I never do that), and it ended up scaring me because the lashes almost stuck to the curler. It's also a little bit expensive and the product is separated in half, which means you have less than you would normally get (because of the primer). Many people love this product - I don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. It makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and my lashes look incredibly long and lush.
I don't give it a perfect score because:
*the product in the tube seems to dry out quickly around the rim. I imagine this tube will last maybe 6 weeks instead of the usual 3 months for mascara.
*it doesn't come in brown. Black mascara is kind of harsh on me
*washing it off isn't the easiest task in my nightly routine. Might be worth the trouble though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally - my HG mascara! I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, and really liked it, but I don't know if they changed the formula or what but all of a sudden it started leaving smudges under my eyes (not good, since I have dark circles already). So I switched to the waterproof formula, but it did the same exact thing. Then I tried a few more expensive brands - MAC being the one I had the most hope for, but no luck. Then an aquaintance recommended the Double Extend Beauty Tubes, I tried it, and will never try another mascara again. It DOES not smudge. Ever. And it couldn't be easier to remove - just splash a little warm water on your eyes, pinch your lashes and slide the tubes right off. It's amazing. I have to say I don't use the primer, since I found that made it clumpy, but I don't really think I need it. This mascara is perfect and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mbartol9

FINALLY, my HG mascara! This stuff is amazing. My fiancee always seems to notice how beautiful my eyes are coincidentally when I'm wearing Beauty Tubes! And something else I've never experienced with any other mascara - If I go to sleep with it on, it still looks fab the next day!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I rated this terribly about three years ago after getting a dud tube. I also think applying the first step white gook before the mascara also jaded me. This mascara is however, the only one I keep coming back to. If I use the black side only I get a decent finish. Since it comes off in tubes, I never have smearing or raccoon eyes which is a big thing for me since I do have deep set eyes and dark circles already. All in all I think this is a pretty decent mascara, it doesn't give you crazy volume or length or anything extreme.

*Edit (3/8/13) After solely using this as my mascara for a few years I noticed that my once thick/long/full (although blonde and pretty much transparent on the end half) lashes seemed much thinner and sparse then years prior. I stopped using this for a couple months and switched to Covergirl's NatureLuxe mousse mascara and I've noticed that my lashes seem fuller and healthier looking since I've made the switch. I'll still use the L'oreal Beauty tubes on days where I work a double without a break or if I'm going to be on airplanes for 8 hours without doing any touch ups, but I just don't care for how dry this makes my lashes look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This is consistently something I come back to - makes my lashes long and defined - very doll-like and looks an awful lot like false lashes for me.

I have this in Blackest Black - very deep shiny black. The primer works well for my short, squat lashes - lengthens and separates, although I don't think this is the most voluminous mascara ever - but I'm not complaining.

I do find this product dries out FAST - and I have to blot the brushes the first week I use it, which uses a lot of product, I know. Sometimes the very wet formula for the mascara will clump, too, but I find if I wait at least 2 minutes between the primer and the mascara, that's not a problem.

This formula does NOT flake. As a person with sensitive eyes, especially during allergy season, the fact that this removes as "tubes" is so wonderful - just use your makeup remover for your shadow/liner (but leave the mascara alone), and the with your cleanser, the mascara slips right off. The spider-leg effect is pretty strange at first, but you get used to is.

Though it's different than most, I'd recommend it to anyone.