Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 5/7/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

*I uploaded a picture of my lashes curled and with Colossal*

Ref: I'm Asian w/ thin, longish lashes

I have the waterproof version and have been liking it so far! I've been using it for 2 weeks or so and it really holds up my lashes all day - morning to night! (on a work day too)
It lengthens pretty well, holds my curl and it's cheap! $6 at Target
No problem with flaking either.

The way I put it on is I swipe on one coat, let it dry a bit.. then go on to swipe on more coats by wiggling my way up and using the end tip to kinda individually swipe up! Letting the 1st coat dry first makes it able to lengthen my lashes with more coats! Otherwise this mascara does nothing :/

~I do use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and other tricks that help keep my lashes curled all day!

I put castor oil at night on my lashes to GROW (and my eyebrows hehe) + curl with my Shu curler + put Colossal + and if I have time, I'll give my lashes more oomph and put on a coat of "Benefits They're Real"!

If I ever wear the Benefits They're Real, I HAVE to layer a 1st coat with Colossal waterproof!! Benefit's TR alone never holds on to my curl!! Grrr.

This is a really great mascara. It definitely gave me tons of added volume. I would totally recommend it for beginner mascara users because it's easy to take off and put on.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the first mascara I actually hated... I read and saw so many great reviews on it, so I decided to try it out when I ran out of my Maybelline Rocket mascara. Mistake, for me at least. It's a very wet mascara which means when it dries it hardens and begins to flake. Maybe it was just me, but it also burned and irritated my eyes. It looks nice on, when it's not clumped together, but with the flakiness and hardening it was definitely not worth it. Going back to the Rocket mascara, I really liked that one much better :)

on 4/15/2014 4:59:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE drugstore mascara ever! I LOVEE the volume and length it gives my lashes.

When I first got it, I had a love/hate relationship but I gave it another try a month later and fell in love. I have been using it for 2 years now, it's truly the best.

I once went to the nail salon and the lady doing my nails thought my lashes were false lashes and she made all the people working there come look at my lashes. She wouldn't believe that I just had 2 coats of the Colossal by Maybelline. It was a nice thing that people actually noticed my lashes.

The brush is absolutely perfect! It's a "fat" brush but it's easy to use and doesn't hurt or bother my eyes at all. The bristles aren't stiff or hard. The brush is the reason my lashes look great after I use this product. Amazing results. 100% recommend without hesitation! Great job Maybelline!

At first, I loved this mascara. It made my lashes appear longer and thicker with one coat. After using it for a few months I started noticing the not-so-good things about it. After a few hours of wear, it will flake little black specs under your eyes no matter how many coats you put on. It dries out very quickly, and that's not even from day-to-day use.
For the price and being a drugstore mascara, I do like it. I would repurchase it and I will continue to use it..until I find a better one.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara!
I love the formula and the brush!
Builds very nicely. Gives me doll lashes!
I've used it in classic black and glam black.
I always go back to this mascara and maybelline full n' soft.
I feel like they are both gentle on my lashes and wear very well.
For the price and the quality I get with this product, it has been something I pick up again and again. It's under $6 and easy to find.
I have had problems with the plunger on the tube coming away with the wand. Gets a bit messy but nothing that can't be fixed easily.
Overall, I would buy it again.

on 3/23/2014 9:32:00 PM

I don't typically use mascara. I have big eyelashes as it is. so when I use this my lashes are huge. I never understood why mascara had to smell so funny, and this on is no exception. it's not too bad to wash off. overall its a good mascara.

on 3/18/2014 3:30:00 PM

I wasn't crazy about this mascara. I just recently started using mascara and I prefer mascaras that have more natural effect. For the longest time I used to just curl my lashes. I think I have decent lashes, so I was looking for mascara that would separate them, if it also added some volume and length then great. First of all, this mascara was very wet, also it made my lashes clamp up with only just one coat ( I only wear 1 coat of mascara). I started wiping bush on tissue and then it was ok but still not great. Overall it's an OK mascara.

amazing mascara. I've owned the waterproof and non waterproof version and both are very good, but I prefer waterproof more. this mascara gives great volume to my lashes with an occasional clump here and there but I don't mind. It holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge. it's my favourite mascara that I use everyday

on 3/15/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The best one out of drugstore mascaras!

I always liked big brushes when it comes to mascaras and this one has a really big one. It gives my lashes a lot of volume, it gives them length and it holds a curl.
Usually i use a lash curler firstly, then apply one layer of this mascara, leave it to dry, then I use lash curler once more and apply a second coat of mascara and it gives me beautiful, long, separated lashes with loads of volume.
Also, it doesn´t clump and it stays all day, it never smudged on me.
Really like this one!