November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by abbeyy13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is fantastic!! I used to have lots of acne and then once i finally got rid of it all i really wanted a foundation that would cover up & not clog. So one day, when i was in winnipeg, we found this foundation and my mom bought me it and the powder. I tried it & i didn't like it at first because i was wearing Clean Makeup underneath, then i stopped wearing it underneath and just the MAC stuff..it looks awesome and lasts all day for school. It doesn't clog my pores and it gives me a look of perfect skin.
I would suggest this! it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lic92

My everyday go-to foundation! This is the best foundation ever for my difficult skin, as the MAC StudioFix Fluid was a little too drying on my forehead and this is really hydrating. It provides a smooth finish and is easy to apply, especially with a duo-fibre brush - buffs in really well.
Provides a sheer-medium coverage with an easy to use pump provided for you - 1 pump is enough for the entire face.
Supposedly contains some minerals but is not technically a mineral foundation so not recommended to be left on overnight.
Only thing is that the foundation seems to contain a slight glittery product, i suppose it creates a more radiant finish and is not so noticeable on the face but seemed to bother me quite a bit when I noticed it on the back of my hand. All in all an great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jbeck14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the reason this product has so many bad comments is because people who shouldn't be using it are buying this. This foundation is for a very, VERY select group of people. Those people would be women (and i guess some men...) who have very normal to possibly SLIGHTLY dry skin, little to no acne, and basically just want to even their skin tone and look dewy. I used to have terrible acne, with very oily skin. I took Accutane (twice!), and now I have very balanced and normal skin, with the occasional period pimple.

All of my old foundations were too heavy, and all my tinted moisturizers were way too light. I went to the MAC counter, where the MUA told me that Studio Fix Fluid would be way too thick, as well as Pro Longwear. I didn't want a powder foundation (hate the finish), so she recommended this. I was matched to NC30, which is exactly my color. First off, I would never wear this foundation alone, with no powder or anything. It would be way too dewy, and I would verge on looking oily. My routine with this is about 1 1/2 pumps, dot all over my face, massage in with fingers. Then I apply my concealer, and then a light dusting of Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium. It strikes the perfect balance. Even my dad, who thinks makeup on my face other than powder is "too heavy", thought this looked great on me.

The packaging is amazing too, a perfect little pump. If you have the good skin for this foundation, go for it. If you are too oily, it will make you look like a slick. If you are too dry, it will gather in the flakes. Basically, either chemically cleared skin like mine, natural good genes, or Victoria's Secret Models should wear this.

As far as for me, I absolutely love it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Chucktucker

This foundation matches my skin tone perfectly and evens it out without looking like I have tons of makeup on. Its great if you want a light dewy coverage, plus, the pump is awesome. I think it will last a long time too, I only use 1 -1 1/2 pumps to cover my face. My biggest issue is that its a little too shimmery for me. Its really pretty around my cheeks but the sparkles really emphasize any dry spots or wrinkles you may have. I like it, but don't love it so I may not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dbgirl23

I had to try different ways of applying this foundation to make it work for me. I tried 187 brush, and also sponge. The best method for me was to apply a light coat with my fingers all over, then use a 187 brush spritzed with water to buff and blend.

I don't have an issue with oiliness and I like the slight glow it gives me. I only gave it a 3 rating because the method of application seems a little fussy.
I like the pump for the bottle, and the sheer coverage though. 1.5 pumps is good for the whole face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this along with the MSFN powder. I thought it looked great when the SA matched it on me at the counter, but I've since realized that it's mostly the MSFN that I like. This doesn't feel too heavy or masklike when I wear it, but it does have a sort of sticky/clingy feel to it which makes it kind of difficult to apply. I like the fact that it's somewhat sheer coverage- I'm not really into heavy coverage foundations. It does give a really pretty natural glowy look... for maybe an hour or two. After that I think I just look oily or sweaty. I honestly haven't worn this often enough to be able to say if it breaks me out since I hardly ever use it. It's not a terrible product, I just don't find myself reaching for it most of the time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved my sample of this, and subsequentially purchased the full bottle. i have used up nearly all of it, but realised that it is really too oily for my skin. i loved the way it looks the first two hours, but after that it goes wrong. i dont have an issue with it oxidising just the oilieness. would not repurchase for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by brasileira89

I have combo. skin that likes to freak out (I live in the desert) and this is the only MAC foundation that my skin agrees with, every other formula makes me break out. It feels light on my skin and provides some coverage, although not full coverage. I've used it for about 2 years now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lucialatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this.
I have pretty perfect skin, just gets a little oily but anyway... I purchased this in NW35 and NC44.
I LOVE it.
NW35 looks best in the winter and NC44 in the summer.
It makes me glow and stays all day, doesnt look like i have make up on at all.
Controlled oil and moisturised where needed.
I finished this off with mineralize skinfinish natural in medium deep (winter) and dark for the summer.
Looks like im radiant.
much better than studio fix fluid, which looks thick and unnatural.
I used studio fix when I was younger and had a few bumps etc but now there is no need for a mask haha :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by badgerengr

I really like the sheer coverage of this product, but it leaves straight up glitter on my face. Not shimmer...glitter. I only use about 1 to 1.5 pumps, but I always look a little costume-ish. Too bad, the consistency is really nice.