April 17, 2014 | 1870 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for this at first. I've had this for a year and it just sat on my vanity unloved. I have combination skin with an extremely oily tzone. In the summer, my whole face can turn oily. When I applied this over my foundation to "set" I didn't notice any shine control. It would make me look shine free for maybe 30 minutes tops. I had to apply this over and over during the day and this powder is not travel friendly! I searched the reviews here and a few reviews sparked my interest "using this before foundation". For me, this is key for my skin. I just recently tried using this before my foundation and my skin stayed shine free for most of a hot day. In fact, I didn't even need any powder on top of my foundation and I still stayed shine free. Now that I know how to use this for my needs, I found a new love in my stash!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for new make up as my skin was getting really strange, with dry patches and spots. I went to a Make Up Forever store in Brussels and got advised on some of their products.
The sales assistant then did my make up with the HD foundation (at first I thought I had find my HG foundation just to find out a week later that it was breaking me out and making me skin even dryer) and the HD powder. I gave the foundation to my sister who loves it, but kept the powder. I really like that it's so light that you really don't need a lot to do your face. It suits every skin tone, which is great, I don't have to fear having the wrong shade and looking like a clown! I've been using it for a few month now and the pot still looks full, so even if it's quite expensive a little really goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I didn't buy this but instead got it through a swap so I can't really say if it was an expensive purchase or not. But if I had to go out and buy this, I'd probably think long and hard about this. It does smooth out my skin really nicely and makes it look so nice and soft which I love. I haven't noticed any white cast when I use this but I'm also really quite pale and I tend to use only a tiny amount. The powder does tend to go everywhere and poof up everywhere when I swirl my brush around to grab product though. So I tend to just dispense a tiny bit into the cap, and tend dab the brush in to grab the product instead of swirling my brush. It doesn't break me out either but very few product do. I probably won't purchase again as I have a lot of product left still and I'm always trying new things. But it really does give a nice soft focus look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by rachelxelizabeth

I really like this, but not sure if I'd repurchase for the cost. Too expensive for what it is. I bought the full size so I'll be stocked for a while but in the meantime I'm gonna look for alternatives. It never made me look ghostly or anything but you do not need a lot, just a tiny bit. It makes my face look more natural after foundation & its great but not for the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Uglyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Way to fine. You'd think with the $32 price in US that it would be a lot better and do what in promises. Well sorry to say, but it sucks. The powder is so fine that it floats around EVERYWHERE but onto your face. You literally have to tilt your head back to catch all the fly away product. and it really doesn't do anything to set make-up. It leaves an unattractive ghostly shimmer for both real life and photography, flies every which way besides onto your skin, and is over priced. Unless you're into that gothic "I haven't seen the sun in decades and decided to throw some baby powder onto my face" type look.. Steer clear of this product. Especially darker colored women, it will do you absolutely no justice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got the travel size, which is $15 but i think its still expensive. this can leave a slight white cask if applied too much. i looked ghostly white in flash photography. it made me skin feel dry... weird, which never happened to me with any kind of powder. i really wanted to like this...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly was not impressed with this product at all. Not as much as i was impressed with the whole HD collection anyway.

it's an 'alright' product. I like the fact that it makes the skin feels very smooth/soft and it sets the foundation nicely. but other than that .. there's nothing special about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

not a fan. i swapped it for a coach perfume. a lot of people love it, but i didn't. i guess you really just have to try it in the store before you buy it. But if you are looking to camouflage pores, i can tell you this is not the best. too faced or benefit is your best bet

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I bought the sample size and Im glad I didnt sink 30$ into the full size.
Packaging:The sample size is so small, its impossible to apply unless you are using a tiny tiny brush, for my preferred application method...just not feasible. I like to use a puff to place it in the t-zone, then blend with a large fan brush. Luckily, I was out of my ELF Setting Powder, so I dumped the MUFE powder into that container, which made at least application more sensible.
Performance: I found this to be incredibly hard to blend. Itís like it immediately soaks right into where ever you pat it, giving you no window for blending. With my NW-43 skin, Iím sure you can see my frustrations. It looks ok (I guess) once I spray some Fix+ over it, but if you look close, you can still see a splotchy mess. It does absolutely nothing as far as any kind of oil control. I feel like it almost gives my makeup a dull, caked on appearance. Its alright(I guess), but honestly, I like the 6$ ELF powder much, much more.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.