October 2, 2014 | 961 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

First of all, I said I'd buy it again but I don't know when because I have a jar for 3 years and not even half the product is gone. And I use it every day.

Well, I should say that if I know I'm taking pictures I use less of it, or use any other powder because it does flash very poorly, even for me, pale as a ghost. But on every day basis is great.

This ties all my make up together! It's makes my face look flawless with much less visible pores and it feels like silk, trying is believing because it's very hard to describe how dramatically it changes my make up for better. I think it does foundation and concealer stay in place and last a longer, but it's also very nice for when I overblush, or overbronzer, I take a kabuki with a little of HD powder and it makes the colors fade better, more naturaly.

It does not control oils but it doesn't make me get oilier, neither did it break me out. I actually concealed some very nasty pimples with concealer + hd powder. The apearance after putting it on it's not matte, it's like skin, like real skin, which results in a very natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Over my foundation - it's worthless and a waste of money. Under my foundation - it's a magical mystical combination when used with MUFE primer. Literally, applied with my big fluffy brush over my MUFE primer with my Duo Mat foundation - my skin is a dream. I used to apply this over my foundation and bam! 3 hours later - I was a greaseball. Long story short, one day I applied this under my foundation with MUFE primer and voila! Tons of compliments on my skin! I highly recommend trying it under your foundation before you return it! I think you may be pleasantly surprised. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder for a while, it is my current HG. I have true combo skin - it's dry & needs moisture but is also shiny in areas by mid-day. I read a review a while ago before purchasing that this powder looks like you but better, like after a glass of shiraz, blurred just so slightly & I think that is great description. Packing is fine, lid stays on tight, I find the size of the jar to fit easily into make up bags. As with any mineral makeup I don't peel off the sticker, I just poke holes into it with a pin or needle. This allows just enough product to escape with out making a huge mess. If you hate the packaging of mineral makeup try this - we love the lack of fillers that make mineral makeup better for your skin, but those are the ingredients that make it set up in a pan. I'd rather go without icky ingredients on items I use every day. I use my EcoTools Bronzing Brush with this powder, pat on & buff or brush on. I've never had a problem with white powder showing, even in photographs & under stage lights. It takes such a small amount, I'm nowhere near finished with the jar so that offsets the cost for me. I do have a little shine but less & later in the day then I have with other powders (BE mineral veil, Sephora finishing). Great for no makeup days (just this powder to keep the shine away) & wonderful to take the shine off sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by cherrytruffle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't know what all the hype is over this stuff. I bought the travel size to give it a try after reading so many glowing reviews,its not that great and certainly not worth the price. I'm returning my unused portion to Sephora. I tried and used BM's mineral veil and the concept and feel is very similar although I preferred the mineral veil if I had to chose-it has a silkier feel. This stuff tends to make dry spots around my nose area, and its drying overall and I have to apply quite a bit to get any noticeable effect. Its going back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave it 4 instead of 5 lippies because of the packaging and how to get it out of the package in a good way. :P

PROS: slightly oil mattifying (for me), sets every type of make-up, smooth looking finish, does not hurt/affect my sensitive skin, does not make my face look "white" (since powder is white), price is good for quantity, stuff goes a LONG way.

CONS: packaging and application period! I don't normally use loose powder because packaging and application are never easy. I like this product so much that I use it but grumble over the packaging and application. Its easy to get too much powder on the brush and then its a process to get the right amount tapped off for a smooth application on my face.

If you can overcome the challenge of application - message me and tell me your trick! I love this product and will keep buying it even if I grumble over the application.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

First thing that struck me was the size of the bottle. It's much smaller and easier to carry around in my make up pouch which is great. However, when it gets bumped around, the powder tends to escape. So when I remove the cap, powder gets everywhere and a lot is wasted. This is bad when the stuff is so pricey.

The powder is really fine and blends in pretty well. It's white which I feel makes me look fairer. I'm OK with that but have to be careful to blend it in properly and not to apply too much. I don't wear much of this during the day so I can't say how it looks in sunlight but looks fine at night.

Staying powder seems OK used together with the HD primer & liquid foundation.

No major complaints about this product. It's OK, which is a problem because it costs a fair bit. But I reckon this will last for a while so won't have to worry about that so soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

i would buy it again.. IF I HAD THE $.
i'm more of a drugstore gal because i like to experiment, but i thought this would be really nice for my graduation party. and.. it was perfect.
i have no acne- knock on wood- combination skin, and a yellow undertone skin (nw25) so when i wore this to my graduation party in which i was sweating like a pig, it did not let my makeup glide off my face. it stayed on. And when i look back at the photos i took with an hd camera, i looked flawless. I had some visible bumps on my face, but this powder basically photoshopped them out. just apply enough to lightly dust your face, not glod it on

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

I'm not sure about this one. I bought it, returned it, bought it back. Overall, I like its ability to set my makeup. But it is so messy. Even just putting a little in the lid and swishing it around with a brush...its getting in my eyes, nose and mouth. More so than other loose powder I've used before, I think because it is so fine.

It does what its supposed to do though, so I'd probably repurchase. Its expensive, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I didn't realize how great this product was until I went without it. I've been using this to set both liquid and mineral powder foundations for a while. One day, I packed up my HD powder in an overnight bag. The next morning, I applied my mineral powder foundation without the MUFE HD over it. Four hours later I glanced in the mirror and was horrified to see how oily my skin was, especially around my nose. I blotted the oil and a few hours later, I needed to blot again. Keep in mind that my foundation was in a powder form. I usually don't have to blot my face when wearing the powder foundation and MUFE HD unless I'm blotting off sweat. Like a fool, I have since purcashed another finishing powder. It just doesn't do what the MUFE HD does. I can't wait to finish what I have so I can get more MUFE HD.