Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush

4.3

on 5/20/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I finally found this unicorn! My Target finally stocked up on it and I was so happy after always looking for it when I went shopping there. Yes, this was worth the wait. I am so into skunk brushes that I have so many of them, including the highly coveted MAC 187. This applies my makeup the exact same way as the 187. I use it to apply liquid foundation and some highly pigmented blushes; sometimes I use it for powders and mineral makeup. It is such a versatile brush. The surface seems bigger than my 187 so I find I can cover more area in less time. The bristles are soft but not flimsy. If you can't get the 187, then I recommend this one for sure. If I would have gotten this first, then I would not have gotten the 187 since to me it's a good dupe. The handle is not as good quality as the MAC but who cares, the application is what matters. Get this if you can find it! Your makeup will look flawless.

on 5/20/2009 9:46:00 AM

I have been looking all over the place for this brush and I finally found one when I was out of town. I only wish I would have bought two instead!! This brush is way better than the MAC 187SE brush. I do not have the MAC 187 brush to compare it with so I can't say anything about that. It does a great job with applying my liquid foundation on evenly and without making it look so caked on. I do have the MAC 188 and use that for my blush now. I found that it took to long to put foundation on with that brush, some people use the 188 for "hard to reach areas" but I found that using the sonia Kashuk brush works in all areas for me. I will have to go find another one now! Buy two if you get the chance.

on 5/20/2009 9:27:00 AM

LOVE ITTTTTTT, just go get it you wont regret buy it. i found at my local target gonna go get alot moreeee. i also saw it at ebay too. i used it with my foundation this morning then i understand what the flawless skin mean! Just GO AND GET IT!

on 5/18/2009 10:17:00 AM

The only problem with this brush is that once you own it, you need MORE! One for deeply pigmented mineral blushes (cream and pressed, too), one for bronzers, one for finishing powder, one for highlighting powders, etc! Just wonderful, ab fab. Find one-er, three :)

on 5/18/2009 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

OMG this brush is the best! So soft, very comparable to the MAC and only $12! It gives me such an airbrushed finish w/ my makeup- and I only need 1/2-1 pump instead of 2 that I need w/ other brushes or sponges! HG!

on 5/15/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

wow! what a great buy..most definitely a lot cheaper then the mac brushes..and its almost the same exact quality! i love this brush..i use to apply my tinted moisturizer. so much better than buying a 40 dollar brush.

on 5/14/2009 2:50:00 AM

I finally found these brush at my local target, i was so excited? I just went to buy some stuff today and decided to check the Sonia Kashuk stuff and to my surprise found a whole row of these highlighting brushes, i was so happy to finally buy one, i think there was 5 of them. I haven't try it yet, but can wait to. =) I bought mine at my local target here in Hanford, CA. I hope these will help to who ever is still looking for one. =)................

on 5/9/2009 11:04:00 AM

I absolutely love this brush for the airbrushed look. Picks up a small amount of tiny dots of foundation so you are using less product but getting a flawless look. I wash my brush close to everyday and noticed minimal shedding. I also have a backup brush I use for blush/bronzer. This brush was sort of hard to find but luckily I found it at one of the Targets in MA. Overall really makes a difference in the appearence of your foundation, but make sure to stipple with this brush and not swirl to get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really, really like this brush. I used the coastal scents stippling brush for a few months, this one is much better. The bristles hold up better and it uses less product. It works great for foundation and blush. I am so happy that I found it. I went to two Targets and both of them had multiples.
The only thing I didn't like was the packaging which squishes the brush head. It does quickly go back to it's shape.
I've had no shedding, but haven't yet washed it. I was to excited to use it!
So, not only was this a great product, but I got it 10% off! Yay!

on 4/30/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I FINALLY found these brushes at my Target yesterday and I bought two of them. I love how my foundation looks, I use a LOT LESS product (MAC SFF) and because I'm not using that much product, the foundation feels light on my face as well.

I would definitely buy more of these brushes. I don't own the MAC 187 but I'm 100% happy with my skunk brushes so while I can't compare side to side, I feel like I don't need it. :)

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products