Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 8/3/2013 1:54:00 PM

I naturally have wavy, fine, and oily hair. However, I had really dried and damaged ends due to over processing. I bought this oil out of desperation and needed something to work. I am glad I did so. It smoothed my split ends, made my hair soft and manageable. I was trying to avoid a hair cut since I'm growing my hair and this let me do so. But I recently went in for a trim and now have healthier hair. This product feels so much better on healthier hair. I only apply this to the ends of my hair. It is also a great product in really humid locations. It last a long time and you only need a small amount (I've had my bottle for about a year). I will def buy some more when I run out :)

on 8/2/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Initially, I was very skeptical of this product.
I wouldn't have purchased it if it wasn't for my 50% discount (I work in a spa that sells it). I got the small bottle and..I like it. I don't love it. But I can totally see why people rave about it. When I wear my hair curly I prefer to use natural oils (sweet almond, jojoba, ect). However, when I wear my hair straight, this oil makes it super smooth and shiny! It smells nice and seriously gives me the BEST shine without making my hair greasy and sticky. I'm going to buy a small bottle for my hair dresser to use when she blows out my hair because currently she uses biosilk (meh).
Knocked of a lippie because of the exorbitant cost and the small bottle should come with a dropper. I mean wtf is up with pouring it in your hands all willy nilly? It's just poor design.

on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hmmmm i have a lot to say about this product.. First, to those of you who gave this low ratings because it's not the real moroccan oil, you really need to understand what this product truly is. It's not argan oil, if you want the real argan oil (natural, cold pressed) then go to gardenofwisdom, or mountainroseherbs and get it from there. i bought mine from mountainroseherbs 16oz. for about 40 dollars or so. Anyway! this product is a silicone-smoothing serum. Thats IT. it smooths fly-aways and gives heat protection. --fyi ANYTHING with silicones acts as a heat protectant, silicones shield the hair from heat damage--why? you ask. its primary ingredients are silicones, then a little bit of argan oil followed by fragrant components, and finally a little bit of colorants (no idea why theyre in here though)--stupid idea on the company's part. There's absolutely nothing wrong with silicones, my hair needs them to be styled anyway, if you want the true "moroccan oil" get unrefined cold pressed argan oil. another note, Moroccan oil is a brand you know, (TM)? it's not a type of oil like coconut oil, pomegranate oil, raspberry oil etc. How i use this I shampoo/condition as normal, then i towel press dry my hair. Don't ruffle your hair while it's wet, you'll damage it. I then set up my hair dryer (sedu 4000i--if you're interested in what i use, i set it on lower heat, higher speed, ion button ON) then while my hair is still damp i use about a penny size amount for my hair (medium longish male hair here) and distribute it throughout my entire hair. i blow dry and literally within 3-5 minutes my hair is dry. then i cool shot my hair(ion button off) for about 2-3 minutes, get a tiny bit of the moroccan oil, maybe 7-8 tiny drops and put it where i'm going to flat iron. then i iron my hair straight(GHD pro). i finish with a few drops of shu essence absolue and my hair is ridiculously soft and smooth, tell a friend ! Why i love it Tis' true, this is only silicones and shouldn't be anything special. but the silicones the company used, and the proportions they use in the lab is some sort of perfection. Because i've tried many silicone serums and heat protecants and none made my hair tHiS un-frizzed and soft. Plus this helped my hair stay straight at night, you know those cold nights where you go outside and instantly your hair frizzes and gets curly from the dew in the air. Some people claim that the original oil discolors their hair(blondes) or that it weighs their hair down, thus the "light" version was born. My hair is fine and heavily highlighted and i experienced neither. what i dont like. -the price, this is ridulously expensive, .85 oz set me back 16 bucks, so i guess ill try getting the bigger size 3.3oz for 40 bucks, ive seen an even bigger 6.8 oz size for 60. but who knows if it's real or not. -lack of parabens, yeah i said it ! i WANT this product to have parabens or some sort of preservative in here. why? they prevent the product from going bad, and prevent nasties from growing in your products, parabens aren't bad like the department stores claim. what this lack of parabens means is that you have to use this product within the 18 month span that's listed on the bottle, which is a shame because i can easily see a 3.4 or 6.8 oz bottle lasting me over 2 years with daily use, thus saving me $ and justifying the price of this product. - availability and autheticity, this product is faked quite often, which makes me apprehensive , when i consider ordering it online (i've read many reviews on amazon of fake products being sold to consumers, yikes!) and the moroccanoil website isnt helpful, the mobile (cellphone) doesnt work and the desktop doesnt even have a salon locator like it should i've looked). -Packaging,travel-ability. The package comes in a screw off top, heavy dark amber glass bottle, not very travel friendly. I don't like that it doesnt have a pump either. but it still get the amount i need easily, i can scoop what i dont need back into the bottle with ease. not a huge issue though, i can buy a bump for the bigger sizes. -The scent. yes i know this may come as a shock, since this seems to have a cult following for the scent. but i dont like it, in fact at first i hated it, i just tolerate it now. it's too powdery and musky for me, i want something sweeter and less powdery. put it's not an issue now, i'm pretty used to the scent. -lack of benefits/additional ingredients. I wouldve like to see this with at least some kind of UV protectant like shu uemura's essence absolue or other beneficial ingredients. not just silicone and a little oil. Oh by the way this isn't moisturizing, despite the company claims. remember it's just silicones, so it seals the moisture you do have into the cuticle and blocks out anything from getting in. Nobody ever goes in, nobody ever comes out, think willy wonka and the chocolate factory when it comes to silicones. For that reason, like anything with silicones, you'll need to clarify once in a while so that your hair can readily accept moisture and other goodies for the health of your hair. Constant usage of silicones without clarifying will dry out the hair bc no moisture can get in. Silicones make the hair feel amazing at first but after a while, they can have those bad effects, do NOT forget to clarify. i recommend redken cleansing cream. what i've tried ( Redken heat glide, PM super skinny, joico color endure oil, KS EU, one n only, shu essence absolue, organix ginger oil, organix dupe, proclaim argan oil, chi silk infusion, KS chroma thermique, kiehl's straightening cream, marrakesh oil, and others..) I will continue to try other things i';m sure Despite all the minor things i don't like about moroccan oil, the benefits and things it does for my hair far outweigh it. It transforms my hair to gorgeousness like no other.I will always be on the lookout for dupes to save $ and if i find something better i will let you know !

on 7/30/2013 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love Moroccanoil however the packaging is a huge turn off for me. Firstly I really dislike the glass bottle, too easy to smash (has happened once or twice) and the small bottle does not come with a pump so a lot comes out when you pour it into your hands leading to a lot of wastage. I absolutely love the product, it has done wonders for my hair and split ends. I apply it to the ends of my wet hair of a night time and let it dry naturally and let the product soak in overnight. I would recommend it to anyone considering purchasing this product!

on 7/29/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have think waivy frizzy hair and my ends are dry , I was using this oil for about 2 years and stop using it because I ran out and didn't want to spend so much money again on it but right away I notice that my hair feelt dry and just weird like not manageable so I decided to purchase it again and oh my it makes a big different in my hair I really love it except the price

on 7/27/2013 2:45:00 AM

Love the smell. Psychologically happy hat it might be doing something good. Not sure if it actually is.

on 7/21/2013 8:32:00 PM

I've been using and trying out various oils for my dry scalp problem. My hairdresser recommended the Paul Mitchell Moroccan Oil treatment. While the itch has not been solved, this is totally incredible on my hair. I swim a lot in summer and I single process color my hair. Didn't realize how dry it felt till I used the oil a few times! My hair is silky and soft now. So conditioned without weight or residue. Washes out easily. Smells heavenly. Price is high, possibly better deals around. I think this will be a beach staple on my wet hair!

on 7/19/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have long, permed, wavy dark brown, thick (Asian) hair. It used to be dry and brittle like hay, especially during the hot California summer months. If I wear tank tops where my shoulders and neck are exposed to my hair, I can feel the burn from my hair b/c it is so rough and dry.

Since I started using this Oil along with the Moroccan Oil Hydration Hair Mask once a week, my hair has never looked better.

I would massage my damp hair with a few drops of the Moroccan Oil (but not the roots) after rinsing off the hair mask at night and my hair would feel super wonderful when I wake up in the morning. It is light, smooth, soft, and healthy looking; and when I straighten it, it feels like silk and it stays soft and smooth for at least 2 days until I wash it again.

I would highly recommend this product for dry/damaged/dull hair.

on 7/16/2013 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the smell of this product! Its almost like mens perfume. And I looove mens perfume! But don't let that scare you! Once its in your hair, you wont smell like a man. Im not too happy about that its a glass bottle. Im afraid that it will fall on the floor and brake. Im on my second bottle and luckily that has not happened yet. I always take it with me if I'm sleeping over or traveling, and have only hade two spills. Just remember to lock it and for safety and put it in a zip bag. I use one pump when my hair is wet, and it considerably helps my hair dry faster! I usually just let my hair air dry, but if i blow dry or use a straightener (one pump when it's wet and) I gently take less than half a pump ca from my ears and the tips, concentrating on the tips as a last touch. Its pricey but it lasts a looong time!! But be careful of using too much. Sometimes if I'm tired and forget to put conditioner or I'm empty I just use Moroccan oil. Works for me.

on 7/13/2013 5:01:00 PM

i have read sooooo many good reviews about this, but i didn't get the results i way looking for. i only put a little in and at first my hair was nice but it ended up doing nothing for my hair so i tried putting a little more in but that just made my hair extremely oily. i don't know if i am not using it right but i got no shine and it was only a little soft. Any suggestions?

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products