October 31, 2014 | 1649 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by fluffy88

This product is the holy grail for frizzy/dry curly hair! I could wear a little drop of this and my hair would stay frizz free all day, without the help of any other product. I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by AVinden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be a really good product which I loved and couldn't get enough of, THEN they changed their formula! Wish I had of known before I wasted my money on two more bottles, the new formula leaves your hair feeling sticky and lank.

If you can get the old stuff go for it, but if not give this a miss and spend your money more wisely elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Glor21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You must to Buy it! Leaves your hair soft amd silky.. no matter how damaged your hair

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best and probably only serum I can use when straightening my fine, frizzy, thin hair. It makes my hair sleek, smooth, and easy to flat iron without turning it into a greasy, flat mess. My hair actually keeps some body, gains smoothness and shine, and I can go for days before rewashing. Price-wise, I need to use only a very small amount...about a pea-sized drop. So a travel-sized bottle will last me at least 6 months.

I don't see any difference between this and the light Moroccanoil Treatment. It lists the same ingredients on the back and everyone has a different explanation of why it is light....for light-haired people...for fine hair. I'm pretty sure both products are the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by katelynn89

drop a small amount into your palms and use on the mid to ends of wet hair. roll your hair in your palms, then blow dry as usual and voila, shiny beautiful hair! don't use too much though or it will make your hair really greasy. i can't get enough of the smell, it's seriously soo good.

if you use small amounts every time you can make the bottle last!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I did really bad things to my hair:
1) chemical straightening
2) dyed hair
3) blow dry and straighten almost every day
4) wash hair everyday

My hair is extremely dry now. The ends feel like straw. It bothered me so much that I bought this. The price is extremely high but it instantly moisturizers your hair. I only use it on the ends and it feels so soft. The good thing is that you only have to use very little.

I have to add though: I HATE THE SMELL. But otherwise its pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Jenkrupz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product works perfectly for me. I've died my hair 100 different colours in the past, although I don't die my hair often any more, my ends are still pretty fried. I use this when I get out of the shower and my hair is still damp. It makes my hair feel so soft without weighing it down. You have to be care though, you can over do it and your hair can end up looking greasy. But as long as you're cautious of how much you're using, it should work well!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Hanneliane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this a week ago after my hair stylist used it on my hair after having colored my hair. I was initially so happy as my frizzy hair instantly transformed into the soft and shiny mane of my dreams. As I'm saving for long hair (it's shoulder length now) I'm picky about what I put in my hair to keep it as healthy as possible. I looked up the Moroccanoil Oil Treatment ingredients to recommend it to my silicone-avoiding friend. And I was so dissappointed when I discovered that the first three (!) ingredients in the list are all silicones! (Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone) No wonder my hair is shiny - I've put almost pure silicone in it! Cyclopentasiloxane I learned is not bio degradable or water soluble so to get it out of your hair you need a strong tenside (soap) - that will also dry out your hair. I also found long term silicone use can lead to your hair becoming brittle and may lead to breakage. I remember my hair stylist saying that the hair stays shiny also after you've washed it, thus testamenting to it actually doing good for your hair. I now realize this is must be because I haven't gotten rid of all of the silicone in this 'treatment' after washing. According to styleicons.com.au major brands like Moroccanoil only have 1 - 2% argan oil in their products. The rest is mostly silicone (ca 75%), artificial color, fragrances and preservatives. I'm SO disappointed and will look for a silicone free argan oil. I feel ripped off.

21 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by AbigailBrogan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As I bleach my hair quiet a lot I was hearing a lot of hype over this
I love the smell! such a lovely smell I must admit its just a real shame
about the product itself, I didn't find it did any different to my hair,
it just made it kind of greasy in a slight way, I wouldn't buy the product
again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really do not feel that much of a difference when I use and when I do not use this product ...
I have long thick coarse Asian hair and it helps a little bit with the frizz and untangling. My hair also feels a little fluffier and airier, but that is it. I noticed these results using on dry hair and when the weather is also dry. Using it with damp hair was no good for me and did not see any difference in cutting the drying time either.
I consider this a leave-in finishing product but never a treatment. As an oil treatment that really nourishes and hydrates the hair I would recommend the Trichup Oil (from India). To use the same way as the MO I would say Tsubaki (camellia) oil is just as good and costs half of the price.
Just got mine because I ve been to Israel and a 100ml bottle only costs 23 dollars over there.
I will never purchase it again because the results do not justify its price.
The only thing I really like is the smell. Although it does not linger on the hair long enough, I can smell it on my hands. Very 80s but kind of cheers me up !!