August 28, 2014 | 587 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I did really bad things to my hair:
1) chemical straightening
2) dyed hair
3) blow dry and straighten almost every day
4) wash hair everyday

My hair is extremely dry now. The ends feel like straw. It bothered me so much that I bought this. The price is extremely high but it instantly moisturizers your hair. I only use it on the ends and it feels so soft. The good thing is that you only have to use very little.

I have to add though: I HATE THE SMELL. But otherwise its pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Jenkrupz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product works perfectly for me. I've died my hair 100 different colours in the past, although I don't die my hair often any more, my ends are still pretty fried. I use this when I get out of the shower and my hair is still damp. It makes my hair feel so soft without weighing it down. You have to be care though, you can over do it and your hair can end up looking greasy. But as long as you're cautious of how much you're using, it should work well!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Hanneliane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this a week ago after my hair stylist used it on my hair after having colored my hair. I was initially so happy as my frizzy hair instantly transformed into the soft and shiny mane of my dreams. As I'm saving for long hair (it's shoulder length now) I'm picky about what I put in my hair to keep it as healthy as possible. I looked up the Moroccanoil Oil Treatment ingredients to recommend it to my silicone-avoiding friend. And I was so dissappointed when I discovered that the first three (!) ingredients in the list are all silicones! (Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone) No wonder my hair is shiny - I've put almost pure silicone in it! Cyclopentasiloxane I learned is not bio degradable or water soluble so to get it out of your hair you need a strong tenside (soap) - that will also dry out your hair. I also found long term silicone use can lead to your hair becoming brittle and may lead to breakage. I remember my hair stylist saying that the hair stays shiny also after you've washed it, thus testamenting to it actually doing good for your hair. I now realize this is must be because I haven't gotten rid of all of the silicone in this 'treatment' after washing. According to styleicons.com.au major brands like Moroccanoil only have 1 - 2% argan oil in their products. The rest is mostly silicone (ca 75%), artificial color, fragrances and preservatives. I'm SO disappointed and will look for a silicone free argan oil. I feel ripped off.

20 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by AbigailBrogan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As I bleach my hair quiet a lot I was hearing a lot of hype over this
I love the smell! such a lovely smell I must admit its just a real shame
about the product itself, I didn't find it did any different to my hair,
it just made it kind of greasy in a slight way, I wouldn't buy the product
again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really do not feel that much of a difference when I use and when I do not use this product ...
I have long thick coarse Asian hair and it helps a little bit with the frizz and untangling. My hair also feels a little fluffier and airier, but that is it. I noticed these results using on dry hair and when the weather is also dry. Using it with damp hair was no good for me and did not see any difference in cutting the drying time either.
I consider this a leave-in finishing product but never a treatment. As an oil treatment that really nourishes and hydrates the hair I would recommend the Trichup Oil (from India). To use the same way as the MO I would say Tsubaki (camellia) oil is just as good and costs half of the price.
Just got mine because I ve been to Israel and a 100ml bottle only costs 23 dollars over there.
I will never purchase it again because the results do not justify its price.
The only thing I really like is the smell. Although it does not linger on the hair long enough, I can smell it on my hands. Very 80s but kind of cheers me up !!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nySuesan

Love Moroccan oil treatment, yes it is expensive but worth it, just a little scrunched in my wet hair after a shower, I have lovely soft waves, not had to blow dry my hair as much since using, I just repurchased, got 20% off, so made up ... I tried a cheaper argan oil, did not enjoy using it smelled like a salad dressing in the bin sticking with Moroccan oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Great stuff. A little pricy, but since you don't need a lot of product it is a good value. I stopped using this for a month or two to try out some new products and my hairdresser noticed. She said my hair didn't grow as much as it usually did between visits and my hair was more dry. This was the only thing in my routine that I changed! I use it on damp hair every other day after I wash it. I use a little less than a dime size amount for my fine-but-coarse type 2C hair that I blow-dry straight. ( I have recently cut back on the amount because I have started using Kerastase Oleo Relax serum and i dont want my hair to be greasy. Using that little bit of MO on my ends seems to help protect my hair before I put on the Oleo Relax). I also use it 1 or 2x a week in my dry hair before I go to bed and wash it out in the morning. Guaranteed good hair day!
UPDATE: This is still great for an overnight treatment, but since discovering Shu Essence Absolute I don't think MO (or anything else) can hold a candle. Still a great product though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing and really does work. It is pricey but gives your hair a beautiful finish without making it greasy. Hair feels soft to touch and it also reduces frizz. The smell is very distinctive - all their products have similar smell and I really love it. I would definitely repurchase again but I think it will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by princexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this treatment after reading a lot of positive reviews and there was a lot of hype about how great it was. I bought the 100ml bottle in October 2011 and I still have about 1 month's worth of treatment to go, so a little does go a long way with this product. I use a pump to get the treatment out, I find that it's the easiest way. I use two pumps for my hair and it's medium length and I have between fine - medium hair thickness.

I bought it for $40 (Australian dollars) off eBay, however the RRP in Australia is $49.95 for a 100ml bottle so that could be slightly expensive for some people.

The treatment works for wonders for me. It does reduce drying time as it states. It gives my hair a smooth, shiny finish and does not make my hair look unnaturally oil at all. I use it after I have towel dried my hair and I let it dry naturally. The smell is also very pleasant.

I would buy this product over and over. But for those who aren't a fan of the price, you can opt for a generic argan oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Purchases this as I'd heard positive comments on this and a hairdresser applied some to my hair and I liked the result. (Although she's done a Moroccanoil mask and shampoo and it was straightened).

It smells lovely but isn't easy to get out of the bottle as it was a small bottle without a pump. I got the small size just to try as it is so expensive. I apply it to the lengths and ends.

It surprisingly does reduce drying time and makes my hair really soft without being at all greasy.

I would probably buy this again if I can't buy an alternative product with argan oil in it. Very expensive though but it will probably last ages and I can share it.