October 20, 2014 | 1032 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

I'm always looking for a good concealer as it is something I use everyday, so decided to try Becca compact concealer in "Banane". Overall, I am satisfied with this product: good shade selection -- great match for covering dark undereye circles and redness on my NC25-ish skin, and wears well. The only negatives was that I found the product consistency a little drier than I would ideally like ... so it takes time for me to spread the product and blend it into my skin. I like using my fingers to apply my makeup, so this dry creamy consistency tugs at my skin a bit -- however, those who like using a concealer brush might like this consistency. Also, I feel it is a tad pricey. However, it does work quite well and I would consider buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Ann523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the range of colors of her concealers....Totally worth checking out

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Crescendo

This is by far the best concealer! I just came back from Sephora and had to buy it! It made such a HUGE difference in my appearance. It matched my skin perfectly (something that has never happened before). I highly recommend it for something that goes on natural and with the color options you can't lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Becca's Compact Concealer is a wonder product. Similar in texture and workability to Laura Mercier's "Undercover", but no comparison when it comes to color matching.

There is a color for every skin tone, and as a makeup artist, I can still find room to pack most of them in my kit.

The left side is more heavily pigmented and needs to be warmed up on the skin before blending. While the right side is perfect for undereye cover. It's much more sheer in texture, but still had good pigment for cover.

And it will truly last a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by MeowGirl1

I don't quite understand the raves about this product. I gave it two lippies instead of one because the color range is amazing and I was able to find a perfect match. However, this stuff felt gross on my skin! I need to cover blemishes on my chin, and this covered it all right, and looked extremely cakey even after serious blending. The worst part was the feel -- it felt like I had Vaseline on my chin! I didn't use this for long because I didn't want to tempt my skin into breaking out. I personally wouldn't buy this again. *EDIT: yep, my chin broke out for weeks afterward, including two cysts! I'm definitely avoiding this one. Knocked this down to one lippie.**

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 6:45:00 AM More reviews by valngau

Becca's concealer is the best, even better than Laura Mercier's or Bobbi's. It comes in so many shades that you'll definitely find one that matches your skin perfectly. Initially, I bought Honeycomb but it was a tad dark for me but I found the perfect shade in Banana. Previously, I bought yellow shade concealers or foundation thinking that since I am Asian, I should be yellow but the Banana shade blends perfectly even though it is categories under as a neutral. Oh yes, it comes in 2 textures (medium & opaque) for where you need the coverage and it lasts & lasts. Lately, the brand pulled out of Malaysia and I have no hopes of buying it anymore. Boo hoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2005 12:42:00 AM More reviews by bereck

Do not get the color Cashew!!! Yellow, yellow, yellow.
Before I got it, I read one review that said the same thing, and I was like, oh one review, that doesn't matter. But, one review is enough, don't let the one review pitfull grab you. One review can be as truthful as 30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally! I have found my HG concealer! Not only does this stuff work to cover undereye circles - the compact also contains a "lighter" more sheer version for blemishes and other skin irregularities. I will repurchase until it is discontinued and if this ever happens, I will throw myself in front of the Decision Makers at Becca and beg them to keep producing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kbayless

After many years of searching, I have finally found my ideal concealer. This concealer stays put better than many other concealers I have tried even though it doesn't claim to be especially long-wearing. It also doesn't give my skin that eerie pinkish glow where I've applied it like many drugstore brands do. It has two compartments with the same color - one is a lighter consistency that I use around my eyes (after moisturizing) and nose or when I need less coverage. The other side is a slightly heavier consistency that truly overs great coverage without looking cakey. I never leave the house without this and my Bobbi Brown concealer brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This comes in a huge, impressive range of shades. I got this in Praline. It looked a bit light for me, but the Nordstrom makeup artist looked me over and swore Praline would be the right choice. She was right. I am simply amazed at how far just a dab of this goes. Plus the versatility of two texture choices (heavy and medium) in the same compact really opens up coverage options . Also, the tough-but-soft rubberized compact is outstanding. I have had this for seven months now and I am not even half way through it. I use it under my eyes and to spot-touch ruddy areas and/or acne. Also, Becca concealer lasts on my very oily skin. This blows my old HG (Bobbi Brown) out of the water. I would definitely repurchase this.