Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

Wow. So glad I picked Chloe up while browsing the fragrance section at Sephora. It is heavenly! Definitely soft floral fragrance. It's so alluring and sweet. Thankfully, my best friend bought me a set for Christmas. Definitely pricey, but worth it. It makes me happy just smelling it! Its lasting power is the best I've tried on perfumes! It'll last throughout the second day and I can still smell whiffs of it. Like previous reviewers below, it does provoke a vintage feeling. Very romantic yet chic, I can't put my finger on it. I've found that men love it as well ;)

When I first smelled Chloe 3 years ago I didn't smell anything. It was as if it didn't smell at all. Then when I started to smell something in it, I did't like it very much. Now I started to love it and I'm obsessed with this fragrance. It smells really good to me and sometimes I just open it and smell it deeply because I like it so much. I would compare it to a floral powder. I also have the body lotion which came with the fragrance. Chloe is pretty expensive but definitely worth buying.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

yes i agree with a reviewer below about fragrances being individualistic because of body chem. but i still like to read reviews because of the listed notes, etc. anyway, i tried this yesterday and it was VERY strong. gave me such a headache i started feeling nauseous. the dry down was very sweet and full of amber. then i actually started smelling a little...farty? something sour started coming out. didnt work with my chemistry unfortunately. i give it a two because i like sweet and it has great staying power.

At first, I was put off by this fragrance, but as time went on, I started to really fall in love with it. The reason is that it has a strong amber base with strong sillage. If you like amber, this one is for you. Usually, I prefer a vanilla base, but after smelling so many vanilla perfumes, it's nice to have this amber in my perfume collection. To me, it smells sophisticated and chic. I recommend testing it on your skin before buying it because not only is it expensive compared to other perfumes, but for me, I wasn't sure about the amber base at first.

I absolutely adore this perfume. I have an embarrassing collection of Bath and Body Shop products and I was on the hunt for an actual perfume. I was in Sephora about two weeks ago sniffing through their samples and finding few that I liked. Once I realized that I could not afford to drop $80 on the Gucci EDT 2, I started digging through their roller ball perfumes. I was growing desperate for a new perfume and came across Chloe. I didn't expect to like it the way I did because I usually stick to very sweet scents, but I can't get over Chloe.
I got the rollerball for around $22, I think, which isn't a bad price since it seems to be lasting a long time. However, I find I have to reapply often. Maybe it's a different formula in the roller ball, but it seems to fade after an hour or so. Either way, I love the scent. I'm surprised every time I put it on how much I love it. It's a light, clean floral scent. I have allergies to floral perfumes and I don't have an issue with this one.
Anyway, it's a wonderfully light and floral scent that doesn't seem to last terribly long, but maybe the full size bottle is different. I don't think it's appropriate for really young girls-teenagers, I'm 23 and I think I'm around the age it's for.

I've been wanting this perfume for the longest time before finally getting it, and i love how it smells - a lil musky and vintage. Somehow it always smells familiar to me. This scent is probably my favorite for winter.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I cannot pin-point the exact reason why, but "new" Chloe makes me think of Quelques Fleurs. Chloe doesn't smell anything like Quelques Fleurs, but, to me, Chloe has a vintage, highly feminine feel that evokes a similar atmosphere. Chloe brings to mind Rosaline lace, vanity sets, and jet jewelry. Chloe is a rosy fragrance that smells like perfume. It makes no attempt to smell alive, or to replicate a garden, and that's what I love best about it. When I first tested Chloe several years ago, I was surprised (and delighted) that a fragrance so classic in feel, and in packaging, would be launched in department stores. In some circles, there is no insult worse for a perfume than being accused of smelling like "an old lady" (a cruel phrase if I've ever heard one), and when I sniffed Chloe, I immediately pictured masses of pinched faces and cries of, "This smells like my grandmother." (In this, I suppose I'm showing my age. Many younger fragrances-wearers associate Amazing Grace and dryer-sheet notes with their grandmothers.) My nose categorizes Chloe with time-honored perfumes that my classy Nanas might have worn (but didn't - one wore Royal Secret, the other wore Fabergé Tigress) like Emeraude, L'Aimant, or L'Air du Temps: unabashedly synthetic prima donnas, flaunting powder and sharp, lily of the valley-soaked rose. I adore Chloe because Chloe smells like perfume; not like laundry soap, shampoo, or deodorant. As Chloe warms on my skin it gets "rosier" but it's never a blatant rose-watery scent. It's very, very beautiful. My husband really likes Chloe, and that alone makes it special for me, because he has an aversion to many, many fragrances.

This is for the new one. Nothing like the classic. I like the scent, but it is gone in 2hours from my skin. There is something interesting about this that does catch my attention, tho. I could wear this to the office as it is not strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Chloe smells like roses and clean laundry. The roses are just a bit too strong for me. It makes me sneeze. I do like floral scents, but this one is overpowering. It's definitely a feminine scent. Not too young, not too old. I'd say it's best for a woman in her 20s-30s. My boyfriend wasn't a fan of it either. I wore it for 2 weeks straight, and every time I'd spray it in the morning, he'd cringe and tell me that he didn't like it. It's not a "stinky" scent, it just makes my nose runny and itchy.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The fragrance is that of a green rose-very pure and simple! Although I am not generally a rose scent fan, I rather enjoy this, especially as a day fragrance when I do not wan anything more complicated. Good sillage and average lasting power. I don't think it is full bottle worthy, though.

Popular Fragrances