September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jhunter08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to have this at all times! It does wonders for my dark circles! the only thing is, is that it smears right below my eye. other than that I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by madgesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

poor coverage, didn't last, doesn't work well. in it's defense, however,
i tried it after l'ancome effacernes water proof undereye concealer.
that's a hard act to follow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by DragonsAngel71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I currently use the translucent complact powder # 710 and Stick form neutralizer. Both are excellent. I use the powder to set my blush and the neutralizer for under my eyes. I've found out by mistake that the stick neutralizer is the BEST acne healer! I use it at night on my blemishes and in a few days they are gone. I've had acne all my life and have tried several acne washes, creams, skin systems and nothing has healed my acne as fast as the stick neutralizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by dachinkyloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer in Light. It did absolutely NOTHING for me! Did not cover my dark circles or my pimples. It has no lasting power and flaked when I applied it. This is a below average drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by yjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only concealer that conceals my dark circles! =) Unfortunately, my shade isn't available. =(
I have medium Asian skin with WARM/NEUTRAL undertones. So what I do is I go over my dark circles with this and then I use Almay's sheer concealer in medium, which matches my skin tone perfectly, over it. And whoo-hoo! Dark circles concealed for the rest of the day. It's still pretty time-consuming and I really don't like how I have to use two products so I'm still looking for my HG concealer.
Pros:
- Lasts all day
- Buildable
- Opaque
Cons:
- Doesn't match my skintone!! =( It's way too pink-y for me. If you have pink undertones, this is the concealer for you!
EDIT (May 2010): Ever since discovering Revlon's Age Defying Concealer, I no longer use this as a concealer. Instead, I use it as a highlighter since it doesn't match my skin tone. I spread a bit in my cupid's bow, along the tops of my cheeks, under my brows, and in the inner corners of my eyes. It's also matte, which is not really what I'd like a highlighter to be, so on top of it I use Boots No7 Beauty Fluid, which is too shimmery to be a highlighter. Together, they give me the highlightened look I want without having to throw out any products. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Alysha1413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

You can get this concealer for less than $10.it's so great I usally go for a sephora
concealer...but now I know then don't work so well on my
combo skin.I bought this in a hurry on my way to a Xmas party for work and wow I love this stuff since then I bought like 10(just to make sure I don't run out.but I'm on my second one.)

I think this product is great for all skin types even oily!try it out!!!!

UPDATE:
I find that if you rub your finger on the concealer then apply the concealer with your finger you can get better coverage !

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mhutch79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the neutralizer.

I have red hair, fair skin with freckles.

I picked this up on a whim cause the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer i was using as concealer was breaking me out. I choose this one due to the ingredients and because I needed a cheap concealer. Generally I do not buy drugstore concealer because the color ranges just don't work for me.

For my fair skin, this seems to be perfect. It does help to neutralize my spots and dark circles. It does leave the areas a bit lighter in color than the rest of my skin, but this works just fine for under my eyes - it brightens them and makes me look not quite as tired. This is not a long lasting formula. If you touch or wipe the area, it will "disappear". It's creamy enough to blend once it's warmed to your skin. I apply it under my Bare Escentuals mineral foundation.

Edited - After I wrote this review, I became more critical of this. On occasion, I use primer. This concealer just slides off my skin if I use a primer. It is creamy. It does blend well. It does cover somewhat on me. But it's just meh. There's no wow factor to it. And I am beginning to notice that it's not covering my dark circles all that well anymore. So I had to downgrade my review.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found that this concealer ran out REALLY fast and the coverage just wasn't there. I would apply this under my nose area and when I can home, there was literally only an obvious streak left under my nose. I found this really sparkly and all my friends noticed. It did not last throughout my school hours and the cap and tube became dirty VERY quickly, I treat my products with the greatest care, yet this always seems to get dirty. It's just not a very good product at all. It didn't damage my skin or anything but I just wish there was more that came from this product. Will never repurchase,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Not overly impressed. I bought this because the ingredient list is so simple, hoping that nothing in it would break me out. I only used this to conceal break outs, I did not use it as an under eye concealer because it is thick. I can’t imagine it would be ideal for under eyes.

PROS: (1) go on smooth. (2) does not break me out, or cause irritation (stays in place)

CONS: (1) oxidizes. I bought mine in ‘fair’ for the winter, where ever I applied it, it turned orangy yellow. Yuck. (2) Starts to look cakey after about an hour.

I give this product a 2 because I believe a product should ‘conceal’ not bring attention by changing colors drawing awareness to everything you want to camouflage.
Happy Shopping.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I'll stick to Maybelline's Cover stick. It WORKED, though it was a bit thick and heavy, it covered EVERYTHING! This concealer is okay for slight dark circles and redness. It does NOT cover anything else! I have slight acne on my chin right now(hormones!)and I had to apply this over and over, and yet it still does not cover! I like the texture and how this has no smell, but it really doesn't do the job that well, even though it does glide on smoothly. My shade:Fair. Also, by the end of the day, I had it in the creases around the eye area(so I imagine this is better suited for normal/dry skin). I even used it as a foundation and it covered well(and my skin looked smooth and bright), but my skin was SO greasy! For slight flaws, this works well. However, traveling with it is a NO-NO! I kept mine in my purse and it melted!