Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 11/28/2012 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not understand why this is so popular. I do not mind a more abrasive scrub, so that is not why i disliked it. This is just meh for me. I am Middle Eastern though and have used Moroccan mits a lot though so maybe thats why this wasn't so impressive for me?! The Salux towel lathers well.

I was born and raised in Hawaii and I can remember using this bath towel from when I younger. I take it with me whenever we go on trips. I just cant see using anything else. Its also great cause you can actually wash your back with ease. They last very long. There are other ones similar out there on the market and with the Japanese writing and lady, however dont be fooled it is NOT the same. Unless, you find that this wash rag is a little too abrasive then maybe the "copycats" are for you. Since moving away I have made sure to request this whenever any of my family member ask what I would like sent from back home. Hope this helps you make your decision. Aloha! :)

on 11/13/2012 12:47:00 AM

Thank you MUA for letting me know about these towels! They are exactly what I was looking for. Your skin becomes baby soft with continued use and they are long so you can easily scrub your back; they also dry very quickly so no funky smell like a wet washcloth. I get mine at the Daiso japanese dollar store in San Francisco's Japantown for 1.50$ each. Daiso also sells them online in packs of 10 - http://www.daisojapan.com/c-248-body-washing.aspx

on 11/3/2012 3:40:00 PM

I LOVE my Salux cloth however they do need replacing every 6 months or so. I've had one for 6 months now and it's not as scrubby as when I first got it. Its very comfortable on my face now, so I would recommend using the older cloths on the face (maybe cut in thirds?) and get a newer one for the body every 6 months or so.

I plan to cut mine in thirds and use to wash my face at the sink and take one to the gym in my gym bag. No need to toss!

on 11/3/2012 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Ok so this is my very first review here. (Yaaay me) and I just wanted to share my experience with these cloths. I love them and will never ever be without. I've been using them for over six months (have to give it time to work) and I must say that my skin has become the softest and smoothest it's ever been. I have a friend that lives in Hawaii and they sells these in the local Walmart. I make sure that he sends me tons to last me a while and they only cost 3 bucks (actually $2.88 plus tax). If you keep at it with these cloths then you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

How have I never heard of this!? I bought a Salux Japanese bath towel from eBay($5ish) after reading reviews and am amazed at how great it is at exfoliating.
I love using it on my legs before shaving to get a closer shave. It was kinda confusing how to use. I found the easiest way was to just scrunch it up like a pouf. I will definitely buy again when my current one quits!

on 10/17/2012 1:19:00 AM

I love this so much! It is definitely very scratchy, but that is okay for the skin on my body. I use it everyday in the shower, and it makes my skin feel so smooth! I've never used anything that made my skin feel this smooth. It helps prevent ingrown hairs, and it got rid of the bumps I had on my thighs.

on 10/12/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

O My Gawd...this thing is amazinggggggggg in the shower!

I cannot live without these Bath Towels and since I got a couple...my mom is hooked on them too now.

Definitely a must have beauty tool...its so cheap, effective and lasts a while too!

I love this towel. I used to to use a loofah, and it didn't clean my skin nearly as well. This exfoliates, and I use less soap. Love!

Such a great product- way better than a loofah! It's actually sort of like an unraveled loofah sheet, and because of that, it's so much better than a loofah at getting everywhere clean. I can bunch it up and use it to scrub my arms and legs, and then hold onto it on both ends and use it to clean my back. It actually really helped me fade my bacne scars, haha, since it got at at the previously inaccessible back area. Not only that, it leaves your skin extremely soft and I can tell my skin absorbs lotion so much better. It prevents ingrown hairs, too, because it exfoliates so well. It also lathers up realllly well- you don't need to use a lot of product (soap, body wash, whatever) to get a really good lather. Also, it's super cheap and easy to find at any Asian grocery store/drug store. You can get it off Amazon or something, too. I've been using these for at least a year now, and I suggest buying a few, since they do fray over time and you probably want to change them every few months just for sanitary reasons.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools