September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder- it's my first "mineral" powder (and I put that in quotes because I'm not entirely certain it counts as mineral makeup) and it really does do a lot more for my skin than some other powders I've tried! I sometimes use this over the studio stick foundation just for my cheeks and undereyes for a light look, and I use it to set liquid foundations too. I would swear this powder has a tiny bit of shimmer in it, but it could be contamination from my brush (I sometimes use the Mineralize Satinfinish underneath and that certainly has a shimmer in it, or my brush might get a little glitter on it from my other brushes...). It's not a heavy coverage powder by any means, but it is what it says on the package- a very natural look. You don't need to use a lot so the compact lasts for a pretty long time too. I do get a little oily/sweaty throughout the day but I seem to have that problem no matter what I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by TheeGlamGal2

This is definetly one of my Holy Grail items. I mostly use this as a light foundation. I wouldnt recomend this over another foundation though, It gives you that ''Cake face'' look.

Its light - medium coverage, perfect for gals' that dont want a whole face of makeup or young. It makes my skin look so smooth and wonderful, does the other half for me. You know?

Throw some coverup on, and dust this miracle worker on and your all set! It feels natural and light. It does a even job of controling my oil too.

I totally swear by this, im actually in Medium Dark.

Good job Mac!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first purchased the MSF in Natural Light, I thought it looked good..gave my skin a nice finish. After a few hours, I noticed I got quite oily..but nothing some oil blotting sheets wouldn't take care of. No biggie. The next few days, I began a series of breakouts that were cystic in nature. I hadn't broken out like this since I was in high school.. I won't be using this again. I'm not sure what ingredient in it was the culprit..but the finish wasn't that great to begin wit, imo..so I have a near full MSF Natural in Light just sitting in my make up bin. What a shame. :-(

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

My friend swears by this stuff. I was using MAC prep & prime, but since it is so translucent, I wasn't getting the coverage I normally get from other powders. I do not wear heavy foundation, so I was looking for a powder that would set, but deliver very light coverage. This is perfecto!! I use over MAC F&B and MUFE HD and great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am really loving this at the moment. I was wearing mac prep and prime transparent powder religiously, but then received this in a swap and decided to give it a go. I have normal skin leaning towards dry, and when I use this as a setting powder it locks my foundation into place but doesn't look too matte or powdery. I don't get oily like some other reviewers but as I said my skin is normal/dry. The colour match is good too, I have tried the medium shade before which was too pale IMO (I'm NC30/35) and medium plus is the perfect colour for me. The only very small downside is that I look a bit pale in photos with this on, I'm wondering if it's because of the light reflecting minerals? Anyhow this is a small price to pay if I want healthy, natural and glowing skin which MSF natural delivers. X

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by snoopysteph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product (I have it in Light Medium) but every time I use it my face turns into an oil slick and I break out really badly. Too bad I didn't keep my receipt or this would be going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally learned the perfect technique for applying this msf. I use a kabuki brush & it gives me beautiful flawless finish. For reference I am NC35 & this is a great match for me. I love it to set my make-up, and on lazy days I use concealer for my under yes & this msf over & I am good to go for the day! I've owned it for about 6 months & I did not like the coverage it was giving until I tried different brushes & when I used the kabuki it made a whole world of difference. I eod def. recommend and will repurchase when I finish it, which will be in a while as you get a lot of product. The packaging is ok, very simple, no mirror but that's ok, because I find I don't really need touch ups as long as I buff it into my skin very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this used to be one of my holy grail items... I would either use it alone, set my concealer, or set my foundation. Little did I know this was the cause of my makeup migrating around throughout the day. How did I find out? I used it to set my NARS Sheer Matte foundation (a foundation I never set because it's great by itself)... A few hours after I set my said foundation, the makeup on my nose started melting off! It's so obvious because you can see the powder sliding down to the edge of my nose and forming into little balls... Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rumtintin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I wear it over my liquid foundation as a finishing powder, and it looks great. It's easy to apply and never looks cakey.

Whenever I don't feel like looking overly done up, I'll wear this just over my moisturizer and Smashbox primer. It looks nice and fresh. I normally use a kabuki brush but sometimes when that's being washed, I can use my MAC 190 flat foundation brush, and it works fine with that brush too. The product is sheer but it is buildable. Which is why I think you can get away with wearing this without liquid foundation. I definitely don't have perfect skin but this just makes my skin tone more even.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with a few dry spots and I bought this because my Studio Fix powder was too thick and powdery looking on my skin. This is a very close match to my skin tone and I use it over my tinted moisturizer. It does give the skin a natural finish with a glow, too sheer to use alone but I do have to blot a couple times a day. I bought this in preparation for the fall/winter because mineralized makeup is amazing on my skin in the dull winter time.
***Update*** I had to return this because it's going unused because of the oil slick it creates a couple of hours later. Just got Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and the coverage is so perfect I don't need any powder on top!