July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first purchased the MSF in Natural Light, I thought it looked good..gave my skin a nice finish. After a few hours, I noticed I got quite oily..but nothing some oil blotting sheets wouldn't take care of. No biggie. The next few days, I began a series of breakouts that were cystic in nature. I hadn't broken out like this since I was in high school.. I won't be using this again. I'm not sure what ingredient in it was the culprit..but the finish wasn't that great to begin wit, imo..so I have a near full MSF Natural in Light just sitting in my make up bin. What a shame. :-(

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

My friend swears by this stuff. I was using MAC prep & prime, but since it is so translucent, I wasn't getting the coverage I normally get from other powders. I do not wear heavy foundation, so I was looking for a powder that would set, but deliver very light coverage. This is perfecto!! I use over MAC F&B and MUFE HD and great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am really loving this at the moment. I was wearing mac prep and prime transparent powder religiously, but then received this in a swap and decided to give it a go. I have normal skin leaning towards dry, and when I use this as a setting powder it locks my foundation into place but doesn't look too matte or powdery. I don't get oily like some other reviewers but as I said my skin is normal/dry. The colour match is good too, I have tried the medium shade before which was too pale IMO (I'm NC30/35) and medium plus is the perfect colour for me. The only very small downside is that I look a bit pale in photos with this on, I'm wondering if it's because of the light reflecting minerals? Anyhow this is a small price to pay if I want healthy, natural and glowing skin which MSF natural delivers. X

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by snoopysteph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product (I have it in Light Medium) but every time I use it my face turns into an oil slick and I break out really badly. Too bad I didn't keep my receipt or this would be going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally learned the perfect technique for applying this msf. I use a kabuki brush & it gives me beautiful flawless finish. For reference I am NC35 & this is a great match for me. I love it to set my make-up, and on lazy days I use concealer for my under yes & this msf over & I am good to go for the day! I've owned it for about 6 months & I did not like the coverage it was giving until I tried different brushes & when I used the kabuki it made a whole world of difference. I eod def. recommend and will repurchase when I finish it, which will be in a while as you get a lot of product. The packaging is ok, very simple, no mirror but that's ok, because I find I don't really need touch ups as long as I buff it into my skin very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this used to be one of my holy grail items... I would either use it alone, set my concealer, or set my foundation. Little did I know this was the cause of my makeup migrating around throughout the day. How did I find out? I used it to set my NARS Sheer Matte foundation (a foundation I never set because it's great by itself)... A few hours after I set my said foundation, the makeup on my nose started melting off! It's so obvious because you can see the powder sliding down to the edge of my nose and forming into little balls... Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rumtintin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I wear it over my liquid foundation as a finishing powder, and it looks great. It's easy to apply and never looks cakey.

Whenever I don't feel like looking overly done up, I'll wear this just over my moisturizer and Smashbox primer. It looks nice and fresh. I normally use a kabuki brush but sometimes when that's being washed, I can use my MAC 190 flat foundation brush, and it works fine with that brush too. The product is sheer but it is buildable. Which is why I think you can get away with wearing this without liquid foundation. I definitely don't have perfect skin but this just makes my skin tone more even.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with a few dry spots and I bought this because my Studio Fix powder was too thick and powdery looking on my skin. This is a very close match to my skin tone and I use it over my tinted moisturizer. It does give the skin a natural finish with a glow, too sheer to use alone but I do have to blot a couple times a day. I bought this in preparation for the fall/winter because mineralized makeup is amazing on my skin in the dull winter time.
***Update*** I had to return this because it's going unused because of the oil slick it creates a couple of hours later. Just got Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and the coverage is so perfect I don't need any powder on top!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by melodyylai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good Powder. It's sheer coverage, but it's definitely buildable so that a heavier coverage can be applied. Medium Plus is no longer my color, as it makes me a bit orange. But, this is a good powder to have if you want to have that no makeup look or makeup with very little actually on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FOR REFERENCE: I have warm medium skin tone with olive/yellow undertones. MMM/GGG, NC30-35, MUFE F&B #34, HD #140, Diorskin Nude 030. I got this in Medium Plus and it's a pretty close match. I have acne-prone combo-oily skin, with mild acne and scarring.

GENERAL COMMENT: If you're an anti-powdery-matte look girl who likes to look natural, yet polished, glowy and flawless then this is the perfect powder for you. I loathe the powdery look that I get from most powders and I am very picky when it comes to the finish of my face makeup. If I can like this, then all you anti-powdery-look girls may also love this.
PACKAGING: The packaging is the same as MAC's MSFs; itís a black compact with a transparent lid that has text on it. I think pictures describe this pretty well. This doesn't come with a mirror or puff/sponge, but I'm fine with that since I prefer using brushes for my makeup.
TEXTURE: Itís a pressed powder that is very finely milled. It feels so silky smooth on my skin. I would say that itís a rather 'creamy' powder if you get what I mean - not chalky or coarse at all. COVERAGE: This is meant to be a setting powder so don't expect it to have the coverage of a powder foundation. I find that it gives sheer coverage that can be built up to light coverage and although sheer, itís definitely not transparent. I use it to set my foundation and it evens everything out more with the extra coverage and soft focus finish.
FINISH: This is, in my opinion, the selling point of this powder. Itís amazingly beautiful and absolutely flawless. It looks very natural on me. Its not powdery matte and nor does it feel like that, but it's not dewy/shiny/oily looking either. It's a nice satin, semi-matte finish that makes your skin look porcelain smooth and glowy. I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so nice. I have not experienced any cakey-ness, but I haven't tried to pack it on either so I don't know if it does get cakey from building up. I've only used 2 layers at max and there were no signs of caky-ness. I've tested this in several different lightings and it performed well in all of them especially in natural light. I always go right up to the mirror because I'm very OCD about my face looking cakey, and this stuff passes the test.
LASTING POWER/OIL CONTROL: Pretty darn good. Usually I would get shine within an hour from Maybelline Dream Matte which is highly praised here but I personally dislike almost everything about it. With this, my makeup still looks flawless six hours 8 hours later.
PRICE: I got it for AU$46 (US$42) which is alright and the quality of this product is so worth it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No