Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/26/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily eyelids and skin so all my eye makeup would crease and melt off not long after applying it. I was SO frustrated. I thought it was because I was wearing cheap eyeshadow.
So,I went to Sephora in search of better eyeshadow. A helpful woman who worked there told me it's not my eyeshadow that's the problem,that I needed a primer. She put the too faced primer on her hand,applied shadow on top and on another part of her hand without the primer. OMG! It was like night and day. The primer made the eyeshadows color really pop out. I was sold.
I've been using it ever since,going on over year. I would never be without this product. My eye makeup stays in place all day and looks perfectly applied at the end of the day. I got a sample of the UD primer and well...it sucks compared to this.
If you're thinking about trying this primer go do the hand test yourself and you'll be sold too! I showed my Husband what a difference it makes and even he was amazed! The only downfall is the price but it lasts forever,I just recently bought my second tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was expecting it to be better since it is Too Faced, but i didn't find it to insure as much as I wanted to. I have oily lids by midday so I think i just need a stronger primer.

on 8/31/2013 7:32:00 PM

Meh, im not sold. The product doesn't exactly dry and stayed somewhat sticky so the eyeshadows had much difficulty blending and didn't apply evenly at all. Whats the point in having your eyeshadow stay on all day when it doesn't get applied correctly to begin with??? This was a total No Go for me and I was expecting a lot more from this after all of the hype. I prefer NYX & ELF to be honest. Not too shabby for under 6 bucks!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This primer was ok for me. I found that blending eyeshadows was a lot harder. I prefer urban decays primer potion

on 8/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good primer. I have very oily lids so a primer is absolutely essential for me, otherwise powder shadows crease within half an hour. TFSI makes the shadows crease-free for much longer, around 4 hours. I also use Urban Decay's Primer Potion. On my skin, UDPP lasts much longer, making shadows crease-free for around 8 hours. However, the consistency of TFSI is much thinner than that of UDPP, so it is much easier and nicer to apply evenly without tugging. Because of this, I tend to use TFSI during the day, when I'll only be out for a few hours or am not too bothered about slight creasing, and UDPP when I really want my eye make-up to look perfect, like when I'm going out or going somewhere important. Both UDPP and TFSI have the downside that they work a bit like glue, so they make eyeshadow harder to blend and they make some glowy/shimmery transparent eyeshadows look more opaque.

on 8/12/2013 6:03:00 PM

I like this primer, however I think it is not worth the price. It works well in keeping your eyeshadow on and preventing creasing but I feel like the ELF eyelid primer works exactly the same. This is a little thick for me and sets quite quickly, but you do get a lot of product so it will last a long time. However I will be repurchasing the ELF in the future because this is a bit too pricey!

on 8/9/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

definitely my favorite eyeshadow primer. I originally ordered this because I have oily eyelids, but it really does a great job keeping my eyeshadow and eyeliner in tact for the day. it glides on really smoothly, and feels light on the skin. this is definitely my favorite eye primer and I'll never stop buying it! (I even like it better than urban decay's primer potion)

on 8/7/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best eyelid primer I've ever used. I have tried them all and this is the best by far. I have very oily skin and that includes my lids. This stays on all day for hours and hours. A+++

on 8/1/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product at Sephora in Paris. The shop-assistant was so convincing bout this product (of course she was) that I had to try it... I have a very oily skin and Asian eyelids, so my eyeshadow always creases after a few hours. I always had to check my eyelids and apply new eye shadow in the middle of the day. The first time I tried this, I was so surprised how good this product works. This product definitely does everything what it claims to! It really prevents creasing and my eye shadow stays all day long. It works sooo good that I have to use more eye make-up remover to take it off! It's very easy to use. You just need a little bit and apply it on your eyelids with your fingers, let it dry and then apply your eyeshadow. It's quite expensive, I paid 18 but definitely worth the money. Since you don't need a lot. I have been using my first tube almost everyday for 4 months now and it's still not finished. I already bought a second tube, just to be safe.

on 7/23/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. It is literally like glue, your eyeshadow will stay on ALLLLL day and it makes your eyeshadow stand out so much more. This stuff even makes cheap eyeshadows look good. It works really well if you let it dry for a couple of seconds, don't put eyeshadow on right after you put it on. Also it works better when you put it on with your finger! I like this stuff so much more than the Urban Decay Potion primer, and I am a definite Urban Decay groupie.