April 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: I am upping the rating to 5 after using it for the past week. I am really liking the color, and the sweet cotton candy scent is growing on me. But most of all, I am loving the fact I don't have to reapply my lipgloss every hour.

Original Review: I picked up this lipgloss in Barely Nude over the holidays because I was intrigued by the claim it will last 6 hours.

I'm much more of a lipgloss person than lipstick, so I'm used to my lipcolor & shine disappear after 1, 1 1/2 hours. So a lipgloss that lasts 6 hours sounds like the perfect product for me.

First, it doesn't last 6 hours. But it does last considerably longer than conventional glosses. With drinking & no eating, it lasted almost 4 hours. And the color faded evenly as it wore off. The texture & shine is somewhere between a lipgloss and a liquid lipstick. The color definitely shows up, and there is some shine, but it's not super glossy.

The color Barely Nude shows up as a creamy nudish pink (with no shimmer) quite well on my pigmented pink lips. Maybe it will be more of a true nude on someone with pale lips.

Overall, I'm happy with it, and probably will re-purchase. But I have yet to use up a single cosmetic item, lol. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sunset, a pretty cinnamon tinged peach with gold shimmer. While I like the colour, I'm disappointed with the overall performance. Even without eating or drinking, this gloss wears off within 2 hours, good for most, but not what you'd expect given the advertised 6 hours of wear. I could tolerate this but it wears off unevenly and tends to leave a line of clumpy product where my lips touch. The formula is particularly sticky, probably the reason behind the clumping. Overall a thumbs down for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this gloss. I've got it in Modern Mauve, which is really pretty against my skin. It's also nice and sheer. While it is a little on the sticky side, the stickiness isn't bad. It does last a long time, but not the 6 hours they advertise; more like 2-3 hours, which is good for a gloss. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelylibra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss, color lasts a long time, after all the times i lick my lips, drink and eat during the day the color is still there, i may need to reply mainly after i eat a big mealso lips would look good again, but it works, and i like the fact that you can see your reflection on the cap cause you can always look at you lips or make-up if you don't have you mirror on yah!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

My favorite lipgloss at the moment. I have three colors of this, and love them all. Staying power is GREAT for a lipgloss. It's on the sticky side, and tends to get more sticky as it "sets". But, of course, that's why it lasts so long. The colors are great, packaging is decent. No complaints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best lip glosses from l'oreal. I don't remember the shades I have, but they look lighter when they are on the lips. Not sure about 6 hours or not, since I have food often..but it stays on for a very decent amount of time. In my opinion, only two lip glosses from loreal can be given a "5". This is one of those two.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this gloss, i have a red shade (can't remember name) i expected it to be rubbish, but i was pleasantly suprised! it really stayed put, (ok a tiny bit comes off, but you haven't got to re apply for a few hrs) and being a high street brand its cheap! so i love it when good things are cheap, lets face it we usually get what we pay for, but this is very good, and could rival more expensive brands. Its a very nice gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jborzova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this gloss overall! It may be a little bit pricier for a drugstore brand, but is a great product. It does feel a bit heavy on the lips, but it does deliver as far as the staying power goes. I have not experienced any bunching or sliding and am very happy with the final result. It also delivers a shine that is comparable to MAC's Lipglass - fullness and bright bright shine present. GREAT gloss, will definitely recommend and buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Bloom, based on a magazine article recommending various cosmetics for women in their 20s, 30s (me), and 40s. It's HG status for sure. The shade is the perfect pink. The wand is an odd shape, and it's kind of big, but it applies fine. It does feel very sticky at first but that feeling wears off, but the gloss doesn't. It's truly long lasting IMO. No smell or taste either. I'd definitely re-purchase this color, it's my staple daily go-to lip product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Lietuva

What the hell L`Oreal was thinking while creating this gloss?? It`s an extremely weird product: very sticky,feels like a glue on the lips,plus,it gathers on the inside edges of my lips!!!!!! I just like the way my lips look after applying it and the gloss stays on for a couple of hours.
I think I`ll give it to a friend of mine who isn`t picky and I will never buy this lip gloss again,Glam Shine is waaaay better,believe me,I should have bought it instead...