December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by taralynn0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ew, I hate this remover! I generally only wear e/s and mascara (non-waterproof) and it takes about 10 rubs of my cotton ball to completely remove it all!! By the time I am done, my eyelids and under my eyes are actually sore!!

I do think the bottle is cute though, LOL. But that is the only positive about this remover :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by nmone84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using the Almay pads (see my review) and having them burn the heck out of my eyes, I tried this and had no problems. It removed my eye makeup in just a few swipes (I don't use waterproof mascara so I'm sure that made it easier) and had absolutely no irritation. Even though the package said it wasn't necessary, I did rinse my eyes after I used it (just in case - didn't want a repeat of the Almay incident). I don't know if it was necessary or not but none the less, I had no problems.
One gripe though, and this goes for many eye makeup removers: they REALLY should put a safety seal over the bottle opening under the cap. I'm shocked that many companies still don't do this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by avila004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sucks! But at least the bottle looks pretty on my dresser :) Does not take of any of my waterproof masacara at all..but I didn't think it burned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't buy it for the sake of your eyes! "But the package is cute..." JUST SAY NO! This is hideous, I found myself avoiding it because it stung and burned so badly. "Refreshing" is code for "harsh stinging acid." I would literally rather sleep in my makeup or use vaseline to remove it. It requires much painful tugging and rubbing to remove all traces of makeup as well. The bottle is also horribly designed to frustrate you as there is no possible way to avoid gushing huge amounts of product out of the abnormally large opening. And it reeks of chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by emms1186

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this eye makeup remover at all. I dont have sensitive eyes, yet this really irritated them. The liquid stings like crazy and also irritated the skin underneath and around my eyes, almost like a chemical burn?? Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by reinventingyourexit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the person who said this is a great sub. for water. It doesn't get my makeup off at all, and I don't use waterproof eye makeup. It says it's suppose to be refreshing and gentle, but it irritated my eyes a lot. I've tried it numerous times and get the same results. Not good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jjlee

I've been using this for years. Inexpensive, removes all my makeup easily and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I can't stand oily eye makeup removers, so this product is perfect. However, I don't use waterproof eyeliner/mascara, so I don't know how effective it would be in removing those products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Ambersnf

I love this product. I usually will wash make up off first and then use it to remove the remaining eye make up. I have used it with different mascaras and did not find a problem. I haven't noticed any odor to this at all. It's not oily and never burned my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff a lot. I use it to remove liquid eyeliner every day and it's very gentle; doesn't sting at all. I'm on my second bottle. The bottle is cute too. It does feel refreshing and not oily. It feels like water. But more effective, haha. Also lasts quite a while. Pretty good stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by va1ba1

This is a great substitute for water. doesn't remove anything more than just water would.