Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Who doesn't love baby oil? Of course, we all love it,

However, I no longer use this - I've replaced it with Coconut Oil. Everything Baby Oil does, coconut oil does better - removes eye makeup, moisturizes skin, can use as a hot oil treatment on hair, can use as a leave in for hair before styling, can use for oil rinsing for whiter teeth, a lubricant without irritation that can also prevent yeast infections, anti-inflamatory properties and kills athletes foot while keeping feet pretty and soft, and if you eat it boosts your immune system, helps you lose weight, increases energy, and kills bacterial infections. You can cook with it and improve heart health, use it for body massages, scalp massages...the list goes on, and on, and on.

If you dont believe me, look it up. Coconut Oil is just as cheap as J&J Baby Oil - and is only $4 on Vitacost - seeing the value in a huge 16oz jar of it, there hasn't been baby oil in my home for years. It now reminds me of melted plastic that just sits on my skin.

But I have fond memories of it. And its a great alternative to goo gone for getting those price stickers off of plates from TJ maxx. So, 4 lippies for being good, but its not the best! :)

on 2/23/2011 8:18:00 PM

I use this as an eye makeup remover. Why pay a lot of money when you can spend $2.00 for this and it even protects against wrinkles. And the smell is awesome.

on 2/22/2011 10:07:00 PM

Works well as a moisturizer. Hate smelling like baby powder. Will repurchase the unscented version.

on 2/21/2011 10:41:00 PM

This is a fantastic after-shower moisturizer. It's best to apply when your skin is still dripping wet, then I let myself air dry for a little bit, and then sit around in my bathrobe until it's all soaked in. I can't use this every day as an after-shower moisturizer because of how long it takes for the oil to soak in completely, but doing it at least once a week keeps me relatively moisturized throughout the week. Since I've started to use this baby oil, my skin isn't itchy anymore throughout the winter :)

I am really excited now to see that it's also an effective eye makeup remover, because I currently use Lancome's Bi-Facil, which I thought I would never give up or change! I'll edit once I've tried the baby oil as an eye makeup remover.

EDIT: Tried this as a makeup remover with Lancome Hypnose Drama in Waterproof (because I find Lancome's waterproof mascaras to be the BEST). It took quite a bit of rubbing, but this definitely did an great job of taking off my most stubborn waterproof makeup. When I'm on a tight budget, I'll definitely use this!

Will definitely repurchase!

on 1/23/2011 9:45:00 AM

I have to agree with a poster below, why spend $$$ on eye makeup remover. This gets the most stubborn water proof mascara off the eyelashes. I love this stuff as an eye makeup remover and as an after shower moisturizer. I always come back to this even after I have used more expensive removers (as a GWP or a gift). I have an old Lancome Bifacial gwp bottle I refill in my cabinet. I like the smallish size (gwp) and the large lip on the container and the gwp bottle stays closed very well. I find baby oil to be soothing to my eye and moisturizes the eye area really well. I have purchased the store brand in baby oil and had the same wonderful result. This product can be used for so much more than eye makeup remover. I use it in the winter for when my skin gets dry as an after shower moisturizer.

on 1/22/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Why in the world does anyone spend the money on fancy eye makeup removers? This is so basic to have around the house, for eye makeup remover, moisturizer, I sometimes use it to clean my Persian cat's face, and my husband uses it with his drill to drill through glass easier :) I buy the Kroger brand, so it's even cheaper than J&J.

on 1/8/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I tend to get very dry skin on the legs, so this is my must-have after shower.. makes the skin so smooth, smells lovely and provides a nice glow. I haven't used this as a make up remover yet, only for moisturizing the dry areas of my body. I'd definitely repurchase though I hate the package. I don't know if I'm too dumb or what but geting the oil out without making a mess turned out to be difficult for me. think I'm too used to pumps and squeeze bottles...

on 1/2/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Great product. I have used it as a moisturizer before after showering, but for some reason I always end up using too much. But after reading some of the reviews I think I might try using less and along with lotion to eliminate the greasy/sticky feeling.
This is also the only product that works as a makeup remover. I don't use waterproof mascaras and such, but I can never seem to remove mascaras with just soap and water (or a facial cleanser); it just does not work for me at all and I find that baby oil works wonders.
I find that it removes makeup and moisturizes the skin around my eyes really nicely as well. It is also cheaper than any other makeup remover - can't go wrong there.
Will repurchase, though probably won't have to for a while since a bottle lasts me forever.

Well I was reading reviews about Johnson's Baby Oil and thought...hmmm I don't remember ever using this to remove eye makeup or makeup in general. Now I remember why......it leaves a nasty residue around my eyes that interferes with my contact lenses. Can't do it. Surprisingly I use Pond's Cold Cream which is also Mineral Oil based on my eyes but somehow the combination of ingredients emulsifies and I don't get the same residual effect as from straight Mineral Oil. Crazy I know.

As far as a body moisturiser - AWESOME. I use it while I'm in the shower at the end of my routine while the water is still running. I just quickly put a few drops on my hand and run it over my body (not my face though). If the water is still running it doesn't matter because it won't wash off with just water anyhow. The secret to applying it this way is to lock the natural water moisture retained in your skin from the shower exposure. Makes your skin soft, supple and well moisturised (not greasy feeling). I towel dry afterwards and my skin is never itchy anymore in the winter. Cheap, efficient and yet another thing I can accomplish in the shower to cut down on the morning routine time!

on 1/1/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like to use this a makeup remover. It's great at removing hard to remove makeup, love it. The only downfall is probably squeezing the baby oil out, it can become very messy.

Popular Body Skincare Products