April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

Best stuff ever for my skin head to toe. I rub this stuff on myself after I shower & pat dry & I'm left with beautiful soft skin & a lovely smell :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bathroom staple. I like it as a body moisturizer applied right out of the shower and as makeup remover. I usually soak some up with a cotton pad and hold over my eyes to dissolve, then a few swipes. Then follow with Clinique 3 step routine. I wouldn't risk using it as a face moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this differently than most people - I use mine to shave with. I take a shower and always let my body get steamed enough so it is easy to shave. I drizzle a little in my hand and then I just rub it into my skin. It locks in moisture and gives a nice smooth surface to shave on. I can use it on my arms and legs and I never get a cut. It does such a good job of keeping my skin smooth and soft that I never have to apply lotion afterward. It might be different in the winter, but through most of the year I do not need too. Because I apply it when I am still wet it locks in the moisture without leaving me with a greasy feeling. It is also much cheaper and take the place of two products : shave cream and body lotion. Such a great product and I always have it in the house.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Make up remove on a budget. One bottle of this will effectively remove even the toughest eye make up for months and months. I typically prefer Clinique make up remover because it's equally as effective and less oily, but it doesn't last nearly as long and it is triple the price. Like I already said, the only con is that it is (obviously), oily, and if you wear contact lenses, it can get on them and that can be annoying :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by gotdramma

I use this to remove my eye makeup prior to using my face wash and sometime after if there is some makeup left. Works better than ANY eye makeup remover I have ever tried, and is cheaper, and does not sting if it gets in your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this between showering and toweling, and it works! I have really soft skin and it's dirt cheap! I use the non-scented one (so that it doesn't clash with my fragrance).
EDIT: oops! I use Natusan baby oil, not J&J... Well it's probably about the same...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

SO FAR... this seems to be fine as a make-up remover, and a remover ONLY.

I have the bottle with the twist off cap so I put my palm to the bottle and turn it over about five times, because you don't want to overdo it with this stuff.

Mineral oil doesn't moisturize my skin properly, but as long as you're rinsing, and then washing it off, how can it hurt? My Missha brand oil cleanser had a main ingredient of mineral oil as well as Laura Mercier ($42--yikes!!) Yes, they emulsify upon contact with water unlike baby oil, but I simply use a foaming wash for my skin type and get the same results...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a super effective makeup/sunscreen remover. I wouldn't be able to wear Japanese waterproof sunscreen without it! It dissolves everything. Currently my routine is to massage a little on to my face and tissue it off. Then I take a cotton pad, put a few drops of baby oil on it, and wipe my face again. I use a baby wipe to help get most of the oil off before I use my cleanser.

It melts everything off so effectively that I can't imagine using anything else. It's my greasy godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Before I read the reviews, I used the oil like I would with any other lotion. It didn't absorb, it was greasy and it got everywhere. For a minute, I thought the product was overrated. Then I read the reviews and realized that I made a mistake and that it should be used after shower, before toweling. I used that method on my face just to test it out and my face was incredibly smooth after I wiped the oil off with a hot towel. I applied Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to secure the moisture and my face felt great! I paid $7 CAD for 414ml. I'm going to be using this after shower everyday from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using jojoba oil to remove my make-up but it's a little pricey. I read the reviews here on MUA and decided to try this baby oil as a cheaper alternative. I had been using it for about a week and noticed a rash-like break-out over my entire face. My sister-in-law kept asking if I was using a new detergent or something but it didn't even register that it might be this baby oil...until I went home and was going to clean off my make-up with it. I then realized it must be the baby oil making me break-out.

It took about four days of not using it and my face is almost back to normal with the rash pretty much all gone! I actually realized I don't need any oil to remove my make-up and just make sure I cleanse thoroughly with my regular face wash! Annoying lesson to learn but it appears to work really well for some...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No