Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

Well I was reading reviews about Johnson's Baby Oil and thought...hmmm I don't remember ever using this to remove eye makeup or makeup in general. Now I remember why......it leaves a nasty residue around my eyes that interferes with my contact lenses. Can't do it. Surprisingly I use Pond's Cold Cream which is also Mineral Oil based on my eyes but somehow the combination of ingredients emulsifies and I don't get the same residual effect as from straight Mineral Oil. Crazy I know.

As far as a body moisturiser - AWESOME. I use it while I'm in the shower at the end of my routine while the water is still running. I just quickly put a few drops on my hand and run it over my body (not my face though). If the water is still running it doesn't matter because it won't wash off with just water anyhow. The secret to applying it this way is to lock the natural water moisture retained in your skin from the shower exposure. Makes your skin soft, supple and well moisturised (not greasy feeling). I towel dry afterwards and my skin is never itchy anymore in the winter. Cheap, efficient and yet another thing I can accomplish in the shower to cut down on the morning routine time!

on 1/1/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like to use this a makeup remover. It's great at removing hard to remove makeup, love it. The only downfall is probably squeezing the baby oil out, it can become very messy.

on 11/28/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used this and other drugstore brand baby oil and I absolutely love it as a body moisturizer. I keep a bottle on the ledge of my tub so as soon as I turn the shower off and put my hair in a towel, I slather baby oil right on my wet skin and rub. It takes much less time than moisturizer and the results are amazing. My skin has never been so soft and moisturized as it is when I use this.

It does take a little while to fully sink in but as long as you have some 'garbage' PJ pants and t-shirt to slip into immediately after, it shouldn't be a problem (I do not towel dry when I use this, so my skin is still damp - and now oily! - so 'garbage' clothes are a necessity for me when doing this routine). Once it does get absorbed, you're fine to wear clothes or hop into bed! I love this in both the summer and the winter - summer when you want something light and don't want to rub a heavy lotion on your body, and winter because it's extremely moisturizing.

This is very cost efficient, simple, and above all else, very effective! I have not had any issues with it clogging my pores or anything like that. Give this a try - there are usually small travel bottles available (pretty much any brand) if you don't want to take the plunge and get a large bottle!

on 11/25/2010 1:41:00 PM

This is my go-to winter skin treatment. I use it two-three times a week as a deep treatment, along with Vaseline Intensive Rescue. I know all the haters can't stant mineral oil, the main ingredient in this, but this saves my skin every year.

I also use it as a waterproof eye makeup remover, no tugging or pulling, all-clean in two sweeps of a cotton ball.

on 11/25/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't live without Baby Oil anymore. It's my all-time favorite, fail-proof, trustworthy, loyal makeup remover. It breaks down anything - from waterproof mascara to long lasting lipsticks to literally anything. Love love love. It also works great as a post-shower moisturizer on damp skin... obviously. So unbelievably effective, and so inexpensive. Only product I could ever swear by. Recommended more than anything.

on 11/25/2010 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A bathroom classic. Great great product. It works wonders after a shower or after shaving your legs but also as an eye make up remover. I love the smell and the soft glow on your skin. However, the packaging should be changed into a pump because it would be much easier to use and less spilling.

on 11/17/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love love LOOOOVE using baby oil as a body moisturizer. However, I never use it by itself, because if do then it tends to feel a little greasy and sticky on me after a while. When I first used it, I just slathered a whole bunch on after my shower and couldn't understand why I felt like an oil slick. I got smart after a while and figured out a better way to use it. (I normally only use this on my legs after a shower when I've shaved, but this is wonderful on the rest of the body, too). I use the tiniest bit to rub onto my legs (an amount I'd say about the size of a nickel or quarter, user's preference) and afterward I use a regular body lotion right on top of it. No greasy feeling, no stickiness or slippery-ness, and my skin is incredibly soft. It also makes your skin look very healthy and very glowy. This is a staple in my bathroom especially in the winter months and I hope everyone who uses it (and finds a way to use it correctly for their body type) can enjoy it as much as I do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am in looooove with this product. I slather some on as soon as I step out of the shower after I have shaved and when my legs are still wet. I also use it on my whole body (stomach, breasts, arms, elbows, feet). I get told by everyone that my skin is 'smooth as a baby's butt.' When you first begin to use this you don't have to wait to see results. It moisturizes immediately. My skin looks the best it ever has. Sometimes I pour some of this on my skin then pump Body Drench Original lotion in my hands and rub in. Only complaint? The packaging. If I have a pump bottle on hand I'll transfer the oil to the pump bottle. Much easier to use and harder to spill.

on 11/2/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

i use this after shower with my skin still wet and it works wonders! super soft skin!

on 10/23/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't feel very comfortable applying body lotions and creams on my body but I need to moisturize after I take a shower. I use it on wet skin (neck to toes) and it keeps my skin very well hydrated with no greasiness at all!! In the winter time I have a bottle next to my hand soap and I use two drops on wet hands every time I wash them.

Popular Body Skincare Products