Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/23/2011 9:45:00 AM

I have to agree with a poster below, why spend $$$ on eye makeup remover. This gets the most stubborn water proof mascara off the eyelashes. I love this stuff as an eye makeup remover and as an after shower moisturizer. I always come back to this even after I have used more expensive removers (as a GWP or a gift). I have an old Lancome Bifacial gwp bottle I refill in my cabinet. I like the smallish size (gwp) and the large lip on the container and the gwp bottle stays closed very well. I find baby oil to be soothing to my eye and moisturizes the eye area really well. I have purchased the store brand in baby oil and had the same wonderful result. This product can be used for so much more than eye makeup remover. I use it in the winter for when my skin gets dry as an after shower moisturizer.

on 1/22/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Why in the world does anyone spend the money on fancy eye makeup removers? This is so basic to have around the house, for eye makeup remover, moisturizer, I sometimes use it to clean my Persian cat's face, and my husband uses it with his drill to drill through glass easier :) I buy the Kroger brand, so it's even cheaper than J&J.

on 1/8/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I tend to get very dry skin on the legs, so this is my must-have after shower.. makes the skin so smooth, smells lovely and provides a nice glow. I haven't used this as a make up remover yet, only for moisturizing the dry areas of my body. I'd definitely repurchase though I hate the package. I don't know if I'm too dumb or what but geting the oil out without making a mess turned out to be difficult for me. think I'm too used to pumps and squeeze bottles...

on 1/2/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Great product. I have used it as a moisturizer before after showering, but for some reason I always end up using too much. But after reading some of the reviews I think I might try using less and along with lotion to eliminate the greasy/sticky feeling.
This is also the only product that works as a makeup remover. I don't use waterproof mascaras and such, but I can never seem to remove mascaras with just soap and water (or a facial cleanser); it just does not work for me at all and I find that baby oil works wonders.
I find that it removes makeup and moisturizes the skin around my eyes really nicely as well. It is also cheaper than any other makeup remover - can't go wrong there.
Will repurchase, though probably won't have to for a while since a bottle lasts me forever.

Well I was reading reviews about Johnson's Baby Oil and thought...hmmm I don't remember ever using this to remove eye makeup or makeup in general. Now I remember why......it leaves a nasty residue around my eyes that interferes with my contact lenses. Can't do it. Surprisingly I use Pond's Cold Cream which is also Mineral Oil based on my eyes but somehow the combination of ingredients emulsifies and I don't get the same residual effect as from straight Mineral Oil. Crazy I know.

As far as a body moisturiser - AWESOME. I use it while I'm in the shower at the end of my routine while the water is still running. I just quickly put a few drops on my hand and run it over my body (not my face though). If the water is still running it doesn't matter because it won't wash off with just water anyhow. The secret to applying it this way is to lock the natural water moisture retained in your skin from the shower exposure. Makes your skin soft, supple and well moisturised (not greasy feeling). I towel dry afterwards and my skin is never itchy anymore in the winter. Cheap, efficient and yet another thing I can accomplish in the shower to cut down on the morning routine time!

on 1/1/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like to use this a makeup remover. It's great at removing hard to remove makeup, love it. The only downfall is probably squeezing the baby oil out, it can become very messy.

on 11/28/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used this and other drugstore brand baby oil and I absolutely love it as a body moisturizer. I keep a bottle on the ledge of my tub so as soon as I turn the shower off and put my hair in a towel, I slather baby oil right on my wet skin and rub. It takes much less time than moisturizer and the results are amazing. My skin has never been so soft and moisturized as it is when I use this.

It does take a little while to fully sink in but as long as you have some 'garbage' PJ pants and t-shirt to slip into immediately after, it shouldn't be a problem (I do not towel dry when I use this, so my skin is still damp - and now oily! - so 'garbage' clothes are a necessity for me when doing this routine). Once it does get absorbed, you're fine to wear clothes or hop into bed! I love this in both the summer and the winter - summer when you want something light and don't want to rub a heavy lotion on your body, and winter because it's extremely moisturizing.

This is very cost efficient, simple, and above all else, very effective! I have not had any issues with it clogging my pores or anything like that. Give this a try - there are usually small travel bottles available (pretty much any brand) if you don't want to take the plunge and get a large bottle!

on 11/25/2010 1:41:00 PM

This is my go-to winter skin treatment. I use it two-three times a week as a deep treatment, along with Vaseline Intensive Rescue. I know all the haters can't stant mineral oil, the main ingredient in this, but this saves my skin every year.

I also use it as a waterproof eye makeup remover, no tugging or pulling, all-clean in two sweeps of a cotton ball.

on 11/25/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't live without Baby Oil anymore. It's my all-time favorite, fail-proof, trustworthy, loyal makeup remover. It breaks down anything - from waterproof mascara to long lasting lipsticks to literally anything. Love love love. It also works great as a post-shower moisturizer on damp skin... obviously. So unbelievably effective, and so inexpensive. Only product I could ever swear by. Recommended more than anything.

on 11/25/2010 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A bathroom classic. Great great product. It works wonders after a shower or after shaving your legs but also as an eye make up remover. I love the smell and the soft glow on your skin. However, the packaging should be changed into a pump because it would be much easier to use and less spilling.

Popular Body Skincare Products