October 22, 2014 | 1393 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this after shower with my skin still wet and it works wonders! super soft skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by athan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't feel very comfortable applying body lotions and creams on my body but I need to moisturize after I take a shower. I use it on wet skin (neck to toes) and it keeps my skin very well hydrated with no greasiness at all!! In the winter time I have a bottle next to my hand soap and I use two drops on wet hands every time I wash them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago as a makeup remover and although it works perfectly to remove any trace of makeup it left my skin very greasy with the product just sitting on top without absorbing. Even if I used a regular cleanser afterwards I could feel there was a residue. Eventually it broke me out terribly. :( I also tried using it for shaving my legs, and besides resulting in very greasy/shiny skin it also encouraged ingrown hairs, which I never had before.

This "baby oil" consists mainly of mineral oil/liquid petroleum which is a by product of petroleum through destination of petroleum to produce gasoline from crude oil. But worst of all, Johnson& Johnson still performs animal testing and is not the kind of company I want to support anymore.

I have since long ago switched to extra virgin olive oil and almond oil for body- which when applied on wet skin straight in the shower absorb wonderfully, make my skin so soft and are 100% natural/botanical oils. For my face I now use pure oils such as grapeseed (when I want lighter oil), almond and rosehip (for a richer moisturizer) among many others.

If you find that baby oil/mineral oil doesn't work for you then please try some plant oils, and read reviews on MUA to see what would work for your skin type.

For a plant-based all natural baby oil for your baby or you I recommend Weleda's Calendula Oil. Another awesome body oil to use after shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as eye make-up remover. Its cheap and removes waterproof mascara very well. There is no need to buy expensive eye makeup remover. Heck, you don't have to buy the Johnson and Johnson baby oil. The generic baby oils are the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like to use this after I shower. It leaves me with silky smooth skin. I also like it to moisturize my cuticles. I'd like it more if it were fragrance free though. I don't like the smell of it.

Google "Uses fo baby oil" or "Uses for mineral oil". You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mineral oil is called:
DEOBASE; HEAVY MINERAL OIL; LIGHT MINERAL OIL; LIQUID PARAFFIN; LIQUID PETROLATUM; PARAFFIN OIL; PARAFFIN OILS; PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM; PROLATUM OIL; WHITE MINERAL OIL, PETROLEUM; PETROLEUM WHITE MINERAL OIL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

Best stuff ever for my skin head to toe. I rub this stuff on myself after I shower & pat dry & I'm left with beautiful soft skin & a lovely smell :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bathroom staple. I like it as a body moisturizer applied right out of the shower and as makeup remover. I usually soak some up with a cotton pad and hold over my eyes to dissolve, then a few swipes. Then follow with Clinique 3 step routine. I wouldn't risk using it as a face moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this differently than most people - I use mine to shave with. I take a shower and always let my body get steamed enough so it is easy to shave. I drizzle a little in my hand and then I just rub it into my skin. It locks in moisture and gives a nice smooth surface to shave on. I can use it on my arms and legs and I never get a cut. It does such a good job of keeping my skin smooth and soft that I never have to apply lotion afterward. It might be different in the winter, but through most of the year I do not need too. Because I apply it when I am still wet it locks in the moisture without leaving me with a greasy feeling. It is also much cheaper and take the place of two products : shave cream and body lotion. Such a great product and I always have it in the house.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Make up remove on a budget. One bottle of this will effectively remove even the toughest eye make up for months and months. I typically prefer Clinique make up remover because it's equally as effective and less oily, but it doesn't last nearly as long and it is triple the price. Like I already said, the only con is that it is (obviously), oily, and if you wear contact lenses, it can get on them and that can be annoying :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by gotdramma

I use this to remove my eye makeup prior to using my face wash and sometime after if there is some makeup left. Works better than ANY eye makeup remover I have ever tried, and is cheaper, and does not sting if it gets in your eyes.