DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 2/7/2010 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this stuff. It's called venom, I expect it to tingle--and it does. It has a nice noticable but not painful tingle when you apply it and for a good while afterwards. It gives my lips a nice bit of color and a little plumpness. I don't buy it for plumping though, I enjoy the shine, the color it gives my lips, and the tingle. It is definitely expensive for the amount you get, but this is the only downside for me. I have bought the original, the gold and silver flash, and most recently the moon venom. I would definitely buy again despite crying a little on the inside over the price.

on 2/2/2010 1:14:00 AM

Love this plumper, worked for me although I lost mine it seemed to go a long way for such a little amount!

on 1/31/2010 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I liked the smell, the shine and I liked the sting. But I did not notice any plumping effects and the consistency of is too thin and slippery. It does not last and it just seemed like I was getting a lot of it in my mouth. no good. I will stick to BE buxoms.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A little sting, no plump. The consistency of this gloss is uncomfortable... it's slick but thin, almost as if you got olive oil on your lips. It's also very expensive for a very TINY vial. This was returned.

on 1/25/2010 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only buy this occasionally because while I like the product itself--the applicator is too short to make use of all of the product and it's spendy for what you get. That being said I like the tingling sensation I get from the blend of cinnamon and ginger, the shine, and the nice natural rosy color from increased circulation. It plumps my lips but not a whole lot which is alright because I already have full lips. The tingling only lasts a half hour for me but the the overall effect lasts about an hour.

on 1/23/2010 7:11:00 PM

Meh-as far as lip plumpers go, the Too Faced lip injection glosses are far more effective and longer lasting. There's nothing particularly wrong with the lip venom, but I've been around the block with plumpers and it just doesn't do it.

on 1/16/2010 12:49:00 AM

i have to say that the lip venoms are some of my favorite lipglosses!

of course, the price is fairly large for the size of the product (it's about the size of your pinky). HOWEVER, i love it, so i keep buying it!

i like venom so much because of the smell, the consistency, and the results. many duwop products seem to have that cinnamon-y, peppermint-y, delicious smell that i just LOVE, lip venom included. duwop is also a fairly good balance between a slick gloss & a sticky gloss--it provides the perfect amount of "grab" so that it's not sliding off of my lips, but my hair isn't getting stuck in it, either.

finally, duwop adds plumpness & incredible shine to my lips. i actually do not have a problem with this product "tingling" or "burning" AT ALL--it's actually one of the more "sensitive" lip plumpers i have purchased. that being said, this will not give you huge, honkin', angelina-jolie lips. what it WILL give you is super shiny lips, and the shine adds the illusion of fullness.

hope that helps someone!

on 1/15/2010 11:57:00 PM

OMG this lipgloss is so small for the price I was expecting something bit bigger. Also it does not plump your lips at all the only thing I can say is that it stays true to it's name "lip Venom" when I put it on my lips felt like they were on fire!! on top of everything it's a sticky and thick lip gloss! would NEVER buy again!

on 1/2/2010 11:32:00 AM

Despite what a lot of people are saying, I don't find the lip venom to be painful in any way, though I do tend to like lip glosses and balms that tingle on my lips. I absolutely love the cinnamon-y scent, and after about 3 minutes my lips are noticeably redder. The staying power isn't fantastic, but it is definitely better than a LOT of other glosses.

While the package is unfortunately tiny, I only need to use the tiniest bit. The only reason I'm NOT giving it five stars is because of the price. I DO think that $16 is too much to pay for such a tiny amount, but mine has lasted me a looonnnnggg time, and I use it almost every day.

on 1/2/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The true test of beauty, how much pain do you endure to look fabulous? My answer, none. This feels like a bee was locked in the tube and it stung me as I applied it. The sensation lingered for an hour.
The plus size is that is does temporarily plump the lips and gave me beautiful, pouty lips. The only reason why I didn't give this 1 lippie.

Note - If you are on the receiving end of a kiss (the person kissing you is wearing this), the sting transfers!

Only Lipfusion XL gave me the fullness like this product. Shell out the $$ for Lipfusion XL as it's less painful than Lip Venom but works just as well.

Recommended for Medium Skin