August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I liked the smell, the shine and I liked the sting. But I did not notice any plumping effects and the consistency of is too thin and slippery. It does not last and it just seemed like I was getting a lot of it in my mouth. no good. I will stick to BE buxoms.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A little sting, no plump. The consistency of this gloss is uncomfortable... it's slick but thin, almost as if you got olive oil on your lips. It's also very expensive for a very TINY vial. This was returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by fiamma84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only buy this occasionally because while I like the product itself--the applicator is too short to make use of all of the product and it's spendy for what you get. That being said I like the tingling sensation I get from the blend of cinnamon and ginger, the shine, and the nice natural rosy color from increased circulation. It plumps my lips but not a whole lot which is alright because I already have full lips. The tingling only lasts a half hour for me but the the overall effect lasts about an hour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh-as far as lip plumpers go, the Too Faced lip injection glosses are far more effective and longer lasting. There's nothing particularly wrong with the lip venom, but I've been around the block with plumpers and it just doesn't do it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by misakiichii

i have to say that the lip venoms are some of my favorite lipglosses!

of course, the price is fairly large for the size of the product (it's about the size of your pinky). HOWEVER, i love it, so i keep buying it!

i like venom so much because of the smell, the consistency, and the results. many duwop products seem to have that cinnamon-y, peppermint-y, delicious smell that i just LOVE, lip venom included. duwop is also a fairly good balance between a slick gloss & a sticky gloss--it provides the perfect amount of "grab" so that it's not sliding off of my lips, but my hair isn't getting stuck in it, either.

finally, duwop adds plumpness & incredible shine to my lips. i actually do not have a problem with this product "tingling" or "burning" AT ALL--it's actually one of the more "sensitive" lip plumpers i have purchased. that being said, this will not give you huge, honkin', angelina-jolie lips. what it WILL give you is super shiny lips, and the shine adds the illusion of fullness.

hope that helps someone!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mshotpink

OMG this lipgloss is so small for the price I was expecting something bit bigger. Also it does not plump your lips at all the only thing I can say is that it stays true to it's name "lip Venom" when I put it on my lips felt like they were on fire!! on top of everything it's a sticky and thick lip gloss! would NEVER buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by zephyr8989

Despite what a lot of people are saying, I don't find the lip venom to be painful in any way, though I do tend to like lip glosses and balms that tingle on my lips. I absolutely love the cinnamon-y scent, and after about 3 minutes my lips are noticeably redder. The staying power isn't fantastic, but it is definitely better than a LOT of other glosses.

While the package is unfortunately tiny, I only need to use the tiniest bit. The only reason I'm NOT giving it five stars is because of the price. I DO think that $16 is too much to pay for such a tiny amount, but mine has lasted me a looonnnnggg time, and I use it almost every day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The true test of beauty, how much pain do you endure to look fabulous? My answer, none. This feels like a bee was locked in the tube and it stung me as I applied it. The sensation lingered for an hour.
The plus size is that is does temporarily plump the lips and gave me beautiful, pouty lips. The only reason why I didn't give this 1 lippie.

Note - If you are on the receiving end of a kiss (the person kissing you is wearing this), the sting transfers!

Only Lipfusion XL gave me the fullness like this product. Shell out the $$ for Lipfusion XL as it's less painful than Lip Venom but works just as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by KathyWong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first obsession with makeup came in the form of lip plumpers. I already have full lips, but the idea of having massive lips is so attractive to me.. (I was born/raised in Orange County... and now live in West Hollywood... oops?)

This a great product... I like to consider Ms. Bartolucci as the innovator of all things plump. It's a great formula, which has some tingle. The one fault of DuWop is that they seem to be outdated and packaging is not bad, but it's nothing exciting like Urban Decay.

I probably would buy it again if it were on sale.. but prefer Too Faced's Lip Injection.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

"This works, but it hurts. The snake venom stings. Get a plumper without snake venom"

I actually laughed out loud when I read this review. There is no "venom" in your lip venom ladies, just essential oils, mostly cinnamon, that "tingle", some say burn, the lips and stimulate the blood vessels so your lips appear a little fuller and rosier. That said, I don't think it's everything it's cracked up to be. It's fun once in a while, but with it's big price tag for such a small vial I don't think I will be buying this again. Save your money and start chewing BIg Red gum, it will do basically the same thing for under $1.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No