December 21, 2014 | 1066 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

COLOR: Neutral shimmery bronze, more gold than brown or copper, but without an obvious green undertone. Beautiful neutral-with-a-kick.

TEXTURE: Buttery-smooth and creamy, like most non-glittery UD eyeshadows.

WEAR: I had no problems with fading, creasing or migrating, though I generally don't ever have these issues.

PACKAGING: Chunky plastic subway-token compact. It seems a bit wasteful in terms of both materials and space--I prefer small, thin compacts. The good news is that UD eyeshadow is very easy to de-pot and fits into MAC or E.L.F. empty palettes.

PRICE: 17 USD

REPURCHASE?: Absolutely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great as a crease color, perfect for brown eyed girls

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sunshine880

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great eye shadow and I have gotten several compliments on it. I really like UD eye shadows for their lasting power and pigmentation. I find that I use this one the most out of all my eyeshadows. It is neutral enough for every day use and goes nicely with my brown eyes. It has just the right amount of shimmer. It is also a perfect shade to pair with darker ones for a more dramatic effect. I use it with Urban Decay Primer Portion in Sin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in the Queen for a Day e/s quad collection and it is my favorite shade it looks bronze in the pot but it's really a chameleon like e/s bcuz whatever U pair it with looks HOTTT and the paris pink color next to it is also very pretty with toasted the benefits of this e/s and colour is a must have:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect shade of coppery bronze. It goes on effortlessly with a brush and lasts all day, NO CREASING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first UD shadow and I loooooooove it! It's velvety texture makes it super easy to sweep over my lids. In the pan, Toasted looks like a slightly warm shade of bronzey-brown. On my olive-tan skin, it's a bronze shade with a subtle pink sheen. Very pretty. I would totally buy this again -- can't wait to try more UD shadows!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful light toasty brown color. I love UD eyeshadows. Goes on smooth, no fall out. Color stays true all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

LOVE THIS! I have worn light-colored eye shadow for years, because I can never find a nice neutral brown-tone that doesn't make me look like I have black eyes. This is it. Beautiful. Shimmery, but no glitter (hate glitter). Looks great with Yeyo as a highlight color. Hadn't heard much about this color, but tried it on in Sephora. Really glad I did. I wear it all the time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow! A lovely warm brown-bronze. I am in awe of UD eyeshadows; they blend so smoothly. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and they last all day. I picked this when deciding between it and YBF, but I might go back and get that one too! I like that this shadow isn't glittery like other UD shadows, its more shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by diggity

This shadow should have more reviews. It's great! I bought this after another MUA indicated it's similar to the lighter color in Nars Kalahari (which I also love). That's true, they have some very similar qualities. I would say Toasted is a bit more bronzey and definitely more pigmented. It's a complicated color to explain. It looks a bit orangey in the pan (in my opinion, anyway) and I was worried it might have too many orange or red tones. But when applied, it's just a beautiful subtle bronze brown color, perfect for everyday wear (or can be made more striking with dark liner for night time). Toasted is very smooth in texture, reminds me of MAC Satin Taupe in that aspect (FYI the Kalahari shade got slightly gritty and not as smooth after some use). It's shimmery but NOT glittery (many UD shadows are, and I am personally not a fan of the chunky glitter). I'm really happy with this purchase. I think it's one of UD's best shades and very under-appreciated!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No