November 27, 2014 | 971 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just elegant and lovely. I love the warm, smoky vanilla. So sophisticated. I used to hate this perfume and thought it was too strong, but it grew on me. I'm starting to like these eigthies perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This fragrance is a man magnet- guaranteed! I get compliments every single time I wear this. Just apply lightly, though- I spray it in the air once, then walk into it. The scent lasts ALL DAY long. If you want to attract men & make an impression, this is your scent. I've had a few guys ask me what scent I'm wearing- when I say "Obsession" they tell me the name fits it perfectly (wink!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

I find it amusing that people complain of this scent being "too strong" or "loud like the 80s". In this era of Angel, Prada (which is a direct Obsession rip-off), Lolita Lempicka, Addict, Black Orchid, etc...Obsession seems almost quiet by comparison! If you just don't like it, that's fine, but the "too strong" complaint doesn't hold water. I bet the next generation will be saying the same thing about Angel....

There will always be perfumes that define an era, and for good reason. Obsession has stood the test of time and is still one of the sexiest fragrances out there...like it or not. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ashlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Classic, sexy, appetizing. My mom wore this for many years and I always thought it was too old for me. However I finally broke down and began wearing Obsession myself and immediately knew why it was her "go to" fragrance. Never before have I had so many compliments, especially from men. Years have gone by and I've switched to a lighter fragrance. The other day, my husband commented - "Remember when you used to wear that perfume that smelled so good?" I guess it is time to go back to Obesession. He said, "Even your car used to smell so good." I think wearing this fragrance takes confidence but at the same time it gives an air of confidence. I highly recommend this to anyone, any age, for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my best friend wore this back in the day, but i never did. jump ahead twenty years, and my local cvs had all their perfume minis on sale for christmas, so on a whim i bought some obsession. one whiff took me back, but now i love this for me. the initial burst is crisp and refreshing, citrus, but the drydown is the best - a pleasant dryness, slighty masculine but still feminine, not at all sweet. i think it's the coriander that you either love or hate. like all calvin klein fragrances, it lasts a good long time. at ten bucks for a little spray bottle - which will last me a while since i like lots of different scents - it's a portable bargain that i'll definitely repurchase. i actually find myself craving the smell sometimes. i don't read this as sexy, more as a powerful confidence-booster anytime. apply lightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jan0124

Although I don't like this on me,on my mother,it smells wonderful. On her, a spritz or 2 lasts all day & it has a warm vanilla-y/amber drydown,that's distinctive,but not in your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by casabeav

I know it's so 80's but I still love this fragrance. It's a nice alternative to the frou frou florals & foodie fragrances that seem to dominate nowdays. I always get tons of compliments when I wear it so it does work for me. Initially, when you apply it, it is potent but it dries down to a musky/vanilla & stays all day on me. I prefer stronger fragrances & this one definitely makes a statement.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JadedPlastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tend to prefer lighter scents, but Obsession is the ace sexbomb. One part: vanilla. Two parts: exoticism that brings the nookie.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Mia_8030

80's baby here, so I don't remember the hype and overwear of this perfume and thus have no negative associations with it. My only complaint is the slight bitter tinge to this fragrance, that all CK scents seem to have. Other than that, and since it disappears after the initial drydown, this perfume is pure, powerful, seductive spice. It is overbearing if too much is applied, but just a spray and twirl application is perfect. It mellows out after a while and blends well with my chemistry. I'm the type that obvious florals smell yucky when they dry down, and any fruit scent other than citrus smells like stanky old cheesy feet on my skin (I'm dead serious). This fragrance works very well for me, and I love it to death. A nicer alternative if this is just too strong is Organza Indecence by Givenchy (my personal HG). I affectionately call Obsession my "mother of all perfumes".

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 5:46:00 PM More reviews by divini

I would give it five thousand lippies if I could! It so agrees with my chemistry. I appreciate the "brut" quality, there is nothing sweet about the fragrance, imo. But it is rounded, not sharp, after the initial blow. I dontīt really care what it smells of - it is my most personal fragrance. And, at least here, NOBODY is wearing it. I am surprised shops still carry it.