Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 5/10/2007 2:11:00 AM

Luscious. This is one of those fragrances I'm always happy to wear. It's full bodied but not overpowering.

on 3/20/2007 4:53:00 PM

Had an ex who wore this in the 80's - along with his sunglasses at night and that jaded expression Robert Downey Jr. had in all of his 80's movies. This cologne is very much like that ex, overbearing and obnoxious and something happily left behind in that era.

on 3/15/2007 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is warm, smoky and very sexy. It is a very strong fragrance so I dont recommend spaying it directly onto your skin. You will choke everyone in a 5 mile radius. I spritz the air then walk through it. The result is truly seductive. I am surprised I like this as much as I do. Its definitely not a fragrance for everyone.

on 2/22/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Just elegant and lovely. I love the warm, smoky vanilla. So sophisticated. I used to hate this perfume and thought it was too strong, but it grew on me. I'm starting to like these eigthies perfumes.

on 2/18/2007 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This fragrance is a man magnet- guaranteed! I get compliments every single time I wear this. Just apply lightly, though- I spray it in the air once, then walk into it. The scent lasts ALL DAY long. If you want to attract men & make an impression, this is your scent. I've had a few guys ask me what scent I'm wearing- when I say "Obsession" they tell me the name fits it perfectly (wink!)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I find it amusing that people complain of this scent being "too strong" or "loud like the 80s". In this era of Angel, Prada (which is a direct Obsession rip-off), Lolita Lempicka, Addict, Black Orchid, etc...Obsession seems almost quiet by comparison! If you just don't like it, that's fine, but the "too strong" complaint doesn't hold water. I bet the next generation will be saying the same thing about Angel....

There will always be perfumes that define an era, and for good reason. Obsession has stood the test of time and is still one of the sexiest fragrances out there...like it or not. :)

on 2/6/2007 12:02:00 PM

Classic, sexy, appetizing. My mom wore this for many years and I always thought it was too old for me. However I finally broke down and began wearing Obsession myself and immediately knew why it was her "go to" fragrance. Never before have I had so many compliments, especially from men. Years have gone by and I've switched to a lighter fragrance. The other day, my husband commented - "Remember when you used to wear that perfume that smelled so good?" I guess it is time to go back to Obesession. He said, "Even your car used to smell so good." I think wearing this fragrance takes confidence but at the same time it gives an air of confidence. I highly recommend this to anyone, any age, for any occasion.

on 1/26/2007 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

my best friend wore this back in the day, but i never did. jump ahead twenty years, and my local cvs had all their perfume minis on sale for christmas, so on a whim i bought some obsession. one whiff took me back, but now i love this for me. the initial burst is crisp and refreshing, citrus, but the drydown is the best - a pleasant dryness, slighty masculine but still feminine, not at all sweet. i think it's the coriander that you either love or hate. like all calvin klein fragrances, it lasts a good long time. at ten bucks for a little spray bottle - which will last me a while since i like lots of different scents - it's a portable bargain that i'll definitely repurchase. i actually find myself craving the smell sometimes. i don't read this as sexy, more as a powerful confidence-booster anytime. apply lightly.

on 12/25/2006 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although I don't like this on me,on my mother,it smells wonderful. On her, a spritz or 2 lasts all day & it has a warm vanilla-y/amber drydown,that's distinctive,but not in your face.

on 12/25/2006 12:05:00 PM

I know it's so 80's but I still love this fragrance. It's a nice alternative to the frou frou florals & foodie fragrances that seem to dominate nowdays. I always get tons of compliments when I wear it so it does work for me. Initially, when you apply it, it is potent but it dries down to a musky/vanilla & stays all day on me. I prefer stronger fragrances & this one definitely makes a statement.

Popular Fragrances