December 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by mia92jie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought Spring Valleys 1000 mcg Biotin. About three months ago I cut almost 10 inches of my hair off because it was dry and thinning. And my hair also grows so freaking slow. Call me impatient. I bought the biotin for my hair because its got so thin. Which became even worse due to a poor diet, stress, plus I never got trims. I've been taking two 1000 mcg a day for almost a month and I swear I already see results. I haven't noticed any hair growth but I noticed a few days ago that it feels silky and its more bouncy. It hasn't felt this healthy since I was little! I haven't seen a difference in my nails. The number one reason I'm going to keep taking biotin is because there's hardly any hair in my brushes! Before the biotin, I hardly ever brushed my hair because of how much it fell out. Now there's NEXT TO NO hair fall! Its amazing and it makes me so happy! I love brushing my hair because its been a while. I also drink multiple glasses of water everyday so I think that's why I haven't experienced any bad breakouts. But I totally recommend this to anyone. The Spring Valley 1000 mcg Biotin is cheap. You get 150 of them and they're really easy to swallow. I wonder why I haven't always taken this stuff! So good luck, I hope everyones results are as good as mine! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by preciousfudge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Biotin Works really great, i take them everyday and drink water ... trust me the more you drink water the faster the biotin work in your body.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

My mom and I have both been taking these, and I believe it's worked better for her than for me. I have seriously acne prone skin, while she doesn't. For her, it's done a little for her hair and a lot for her nails. For me, it helped make my hair longer and stronger (but I have natrually thick hair, so it's no big deal for me) and my nails grow faster. But this made me break out! And I only just attributated it to this, which stinks, because I liked these. Now, I gave it a 4/5 because it does everything for me that it's supossed to do, but it really made me break out. It you are not acne prone, I would reccomend it, but if you are prone to breakouts, this may not be for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by makeuptianna

This is a great product. Promotes healthy skin and nails but it is a must that you drink alot of water with this product. If not you will have acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Life saver! I use the one by Nature Made, I think I got it for like $8 for the small bottle (forget how much is in it) and it has lasted FOREVER. Almost 2 months, which is pretty good for such a small bottle. I purchased this after a very bad hair cut and my hair has grown so fast. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair or skin but that's okay. I take two a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by catseyes7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where do I begin with biotin?? .. I first started taking it around 18 months back as I've been having a massive shed. I've been taking a high dose as I really wanted to see results.. anywhere from 5000mcg - 15000mcg daily. I haven't broken out from it luckily. My nails grow so fast that I need to cut them every 6 - 7 days but the quality of my nails hasn't improved at all. They still have lines in them and chip or flake fairly easily. Where my hair is concerned, it has been growing faster, but there has been NO reduction in hair fall at all, nor has my hair quality improved, nor gone back to the normal soft and silky hair I had before my shedding started. So, all in all it's really a 3.5 for me, but I'll keep taking it as I want my hair to get to waist length :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kushqueen

ive been reading a lot of pros and cons about biotin, but i recently just chopped off 8 inches of my hair and im sooo desperate for it to grow. At first i bought Formula HSN from GNC (hair, skin, nails) but they must of switched the formula and the biotin amount is very very low in that formula, so i just bought straight up biotin from GNC and have been taking 5 (500 mcg) a day. Not going to lie i was extremely hesitant about taking Biotin in the first place because of all the acne horror stories ive read but then i came across a tip, that you should be taking ZINC along with your Biotin to help control skin. I did a lot of research regarding Biotin alone, Zinc alone, Biotin and Zinc together. and Zinc actually is a supplement some derms recommend to their patients because it helps control acne so much. I take 50 mg of Zinc with 2500 mcg of Biotin, and so far no acne. I will keep updating though because i havent had any real results regarding hair or nail growth. But for everyone breaking out while on Biotin, try taking a zinc supplement too.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by molls88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently decided to end my horrible nail biting habit after many, many years of biting. When I stopped, my nails were in horrible shape. They were thin and super short, and I was embarrassed for people to even see them. But I was able to end the habit, and wanted to take a supplement to help with the strength and growth. I had heard good things about Biotin, so I started taking 2500 mcg (softgels) once a day along with a multivitamin. I bought mine at Target on sale for about $7. I have also been applying strengthener and keeping my nails moisturized, which has probably helped. My results have been amazing. It has been just over a month since I started, and my nails are very strong and have grown at least 5mm (not an exaggeration..I've been monitoring them closely). They are now to my fingertips and look so much healthier. I have also noticed faster hair growth, although this was not my reason for taking Biotin. I have not had any bad acne like I have heard of others experiencing. This may be because I have been drinking plenty of water. I cannot recommend this enough! I will definitely continue to repurchase! I can't believe the price considering how well this stuff works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I love this so much! I take six of the 5000 mcg (three a time, morning and night) and it worked miracles for me. Yes I know that may be a lot, but whatever your body doesn't need comes out in your pee lol..and it never broke me out. Some brands are expensive, but the Target brand (60 5000 mcg capsules) is around 6 or 7 bucks when other brands with a lower mcg can be up to 12. Since this also helps metabolism, I noticed my stomach is a bit slimmer (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

I went through a very stressful time in my life and my hair started falling out like crazy. I used to have thick hair and it was disappearing right before my eyes.
My friend suggested that I start taking biotin supplements so I did.
While this is no miracle product...you will not get double the hair you have now or anything...it did help my hair get stronger and look better. However, yes, if you take too much, you will end up with giant zits on my face (I accidentally took two supplements with biotin in one sitting and now I have 3 cystic zits on my face).

Overall, I think it's a good supplement. However, with all supplements, you can't take more than the daily recommended amount. Otherwise, it will have unwanted results.