April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my all-time favorite mascara. I'm so depressed they no longer sell Max Factor in the states! This mascara somehow makes your lashes very black and full-looking without weighing them down. In fact, I've noticed that they make my lashes pop and stick straight up and no other mascara has done that for me. I generally don't use an eyelash curler, though, because my eyelashes naturally curl upward, but I do sometimes notice a slight weighing down effect with other volumising mascaras while this mascara doesn't weight it down at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by minasdecobre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I use MF 2000 calorie in black/brown and at the moment I'm addicted to the effect it gives my lashes. Natural, but not too natural if you know what I mean. It doesn't really clump, which is a huge plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

very sad to learn this is no longer available for purchase in the united states. this has been my ultimate favorite mascara for over a decade. both the brown and the auburn shades are simply amazing. nothing has ever made my lashes look more beautiful. washes off easily (the non waterproof product, that is) and does not leave a residue after. no flaking, very easy to build up, just a fantastic product all the way around. when you stick by a mascara for over 10 years, you know they're doing something right. gutted it's discontinued stateside.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. I use it nearly every day. I can layer it more or less for a subtle look or a more dramatic look. I get compliments on my makeup all the time and people always ask me what mascara I use. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jesshunter

Too bad this is not sold in the U.S. anymore....this was a staple in my bag for years!! Great volume without clumps, and very good staying power with no smears or flaking. Sad to see it go :(
Check out Cover Girl Super Thick Lash as a replacement, ladies.....both CG and Max Factor are owned by the same company, and those two mascaras are almost identical!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have short Asian lashes. I'm sure you know all about them.

I curl my lashes with a mechanical curler and then apply this mascara. It doesn't clump or make my eye lashes spindly - one application of this gives me my lashes but better, and looks totally natural (apart from the fact that my lashes are now curled).

I'm about to try Max Factor False Lash Effect, but I would definitely repurchase this one if that doesn't work out.

I've only given this 4 lippies because I'm convinced there's something better out there... but maybe I'm being over-optimistic about what a product can do for my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A classic good budget mascara i like to come back to when the economy does not allow me to buy my favorite from Dior.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this mascara, it gives good volume and doesn't flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by curLRocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG drugstore mascara! I have been using this since high school and always get compliments from women when I wear this. None of them can ever believe that its a drugstore mascara!

When properly applied (with a little wiggling at the base and slowly pulled to the tips), this gives great definition and great volume. The only tiniest downside is that it can clump if too much is applied. But, like with every other mascara, I feel like you always have to get the hang of it before you can apply it well as every formula is different!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really liking this stuff, I bought it a week ago for $25 from Farmers (local department store here in New
Zealand) and I have to say I'm really digging it's staying power! It's the middle of summer here in NZ and I live in Auckland which is very humid (some days it's at 100% - it's revolting!) and this does not run or smudge but comes off cleanly with makeup remover with little effort, I have this in black and while it's not massively volumizing it does give me some thickness and does lengthen very well this has quickly become my go to everyday work mascara, I will perchase again for sure!