September 17, 2014 | 1998 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by msmille

SKII is one of the brands which does not seem to entice me at all. My initial impression of the brand is that it is overpriced and overrated. I've heard about reviews from both sides; from those who love it (40 year old and yet flawless!) and those who would not purchase it again ('it did nothing for me!').

So one day when my local departmental store had a sale (gift with purchase and additional cash coupons), I decided to get a small little bottle, just to test it out.

I had no expectations. I used it like a serum, a few drops on to my palms and dab it around my face. (Can't afford to use it with cotton heh). Then followed by my serum and moisturiser.

After using it for a week, i noticed that my pores became smaller. It was a pleasant surprise because I've tried many 'pore minimising' products but none has actually reduced the pore size.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this (too pricey), but i'll observe what it'll do for me in months to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Carlala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is great! I use about five drops per application and finds that it covers my entire face. Since I've started using this, my acne has decreased considerably, and I've gotten compliments on how dewy and clear my skin looks (although I still get the occasional pimple here and there)! One 250 mL bottle can last me over half a year, so though the product seems pricey, it's completely worth it! My SA advised me to either apply this using a cotton pad or using my palms. Personally, I prefer using my palms: I put the five drops on my palm and pat my hands together lightly. Then, I press my wet palms onto my skin. I find this works better than using the pad because the cotton absorbs so much of this product that less goes on my skin and therefore, I get less of FTE benefits! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells like crap, but I find it really good for my oily/combination skin as it acts as a moisturizer without clogging my pores or turning my face into a greasy mess. It definitely has made my complexion brighter and helped with reducing pore size and redness. I like it as a night treatment as well since it's really light you can't feel it on your face once it absorbs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by gracegracegracegrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product. My skin is so dehydrated and sensitive after I delivered my first child. I started using this 6 months ago and I can see the result. My friends always commented I look glowing. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't really need this product. I only used it because my mom used SK II products. This doesn't irritate my really sensitive skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. This is too expensive for me to purchase, and I'm sure I can find a product that works similarly for a fraction of the price :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

I don't know if it's cause I want to see the difference, or if it really works, but I do notice my skin turnover rate accelerate when I use this. Helps my skin recover from blemishes more quickly which I love.

The dispenser is just a hole at the top of the bottle which makes it difficult to control the amount that comes out. I know you should use a cotton pad to wipe your face with this, but I don't like tugging on my face unnecessarily. So I just pour out some in my palm and pat it into my face. Just gotta be careful not to let it back wash so bacteria from your hand doesn't contaminate the rest.

Am on my second giant bottle. Lasts quite long cos I find I don't need as much using my method of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

great product. one word, great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i purchased a 30ml sample size for FTE online and have been using this product for 2 weeks now. I have read quite a fair bit of negative reviews of FTE before i purchased it, but i still gave it a try due to the 'miracle water' name given to it. becoz most of the negative reviews were relating to skin sensitivity and allergy, so i was extremely careful about testing this product on my neck area and waited for 2 days before applying it to my face.

overall, i am satisfied by the result so far. it has made my face significantly brighter and clearer, somehow reduced the redness on my cheeks and around the nose area, and made my t-zone less oily.. and it seemed to premature my pimples on my chin so they went away faster. I have realised since using FTE, i have got a few tiny whiteheads appearing on my face (one on each cheek and two on the side of my nose).. i am not sure whehter this is due to the 'purging' effect that some people talked about.. but as they are not obvious and i dont see any other allergic effects, i will continue to use this product and will definitely report back when i finish my sample sized bottle. all in all, if it goes well, i will definitely repurchase this product again and again.

EDIT: i should have edited this review ages ago... girls...dun ever buy SKII products off ebay!! the sample one i got was fake... i had no idea why the heck i would think that was some sort of purging cleansing effect! it was not! it was a breakout! 2 weeks after using that sample bottle i broke out on my eyelids! bad white heads + pimples! i never ever had anything on my eyelids. then i suspected it was dodgy n researched on fake SKII and how to identify them. the real SKII FTE smells like off-food...like fermented stuff...whereas my sample bottle smells like cheap perfume! luckily my breakout went away in 3 days after stop using the sample bottle. then i bought a 75ml FTE off strawberrynet n this time it was the real stuff. no breakout, no purging or whatsoever, and with all the benefits FTE should give u.

girls if u r having a bad 'purging' from FTE u should consider 1. whether u r allergic to it. 2. whether u bought the real stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

Heard alot abt this and decided to try. My skin is more radiant and translucent after 2 weeks. I just pat this onto my skin before my serum and see my skin glow overnight. Really like this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jdorris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product, "holy water" as they described has not done one thing for my face. I have brown spots- melasma from pregnancies and dry skin. I am really upset that I purchased this as well as the C repair. Truly has not made one bit of difference. Try a sample first. I should have.