April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Treatments - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by APD

My news years resolution this year was to improve my skin – I purchased a range of SKII products and have committed to using them daily for a few months. See my thoughts so far below.

First some background, my skin type is normal to combination, generally it's pretty good. My concerns are – constant redness on my cheeks, many visible pores (black heads) on my nose which I have never been able to shift, every few weeks I get some white heads coming through on my forehead and chin area and general skin tone unevenness. In the past I have used all sorts of products most recently Clarins and Algologie but I have been thinking about SKII for some time now and decided it was time to give it a go!

I purchased the following products which I have now been using daily since Jan 1 – Facial Treatment Essence, Skin Signature (day) moisturiser, Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, Facial Treatment Gentle Cleaner (tube) and the Facial Cleansing Gel (pot).

I bought the two cleaners as the sales assistant suggested I should use the Gel at night to remove make up and the Gentle cleaner in the morning as it's more gentle (and it smells really nice and rosey). However, I have not been using the tube cleaner recently as I don’t like the way it feels on my skin – my skin feels to 'squeaky clean' and a bit dry after using it (which is strange as its supposed to be the more gentle of the two). On the other hand I LOVE the Gel cleanser, which does not leave my skin with this feeling, it feels beautiful and silky on my skin so I've been using this day and night.

All other products have been great so far – While I still have the same pores on my nose, my skin looked really great during week 2.

Now its week 3 and we've had a few really hot days in a row and I had some pimples come through on my forehead and chin.

Overall, I'm very happy with the range so far but am looking forward to continuing to monitor my skins progress over the next few weeks with the products. It is very expensive and I want to see some serious results if I'm going to purchase again.

I love searching this site for others thoughts and reviews – if anyone is interested, I'll continue to post my progress with the range over the next few months!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i put 2 for my review product when i know i would not purchase it again but i don't hate it. I wanted to try this product as advert and reviews were all around about how wonderful SKII was. I have used it for 6 weeks, day and night after cleansing. I don't mind the gentle smell but besides that I did not see any effects to my skin. I felt it was like another toner , nothing obviously special but saying so, personally I never noticed anything good about toner, sometimes I could leave it out without noticing any differences. May be its just me, so good that it work for others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by karina54

I regret using this product. After using it for 2 months, my skin became very sensitive. I got breakout and I stopped this product. After that, whatever products I tried made my skin breakout. Now I'm using acne treatment from my doctor :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hybiscuskiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you can afford this product, I'd indulge in it! It's not a miracle worker, but I think it nicely evens out skin tone and texture, especially in the mornings when I'm a bit puffy and ruddy. It's just that extra "something that I can't quit put my finger on" when looking at my skin after. It seems healthier, glowy and smoother without being obvious. It feels like it's balancing out my skin's moisture as well without leaving any residue or filmy feeling. I will say that it seems most effective when you first start using it vs long term...I think your skin gets used to it and it's less effective, so I periodically take breaks from it and use other products like the toner or the serum. Pricey, but definitely an indulgence!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by hlnren

I recieved a sample from my friend.
I must say this product is amazing! It makes my skin clean and clear after each wash. The result is very noticeble!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by wentan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Seeing all the beautiful faces on TV & magazines intrigued me to try this treatment essence. Unfortunately, it failed me terribly. Even after iaving a 2nd bottle another try... I'm truly disappointed. I dont see any improvement in my skin tone nor in the suppleness of my skin. My skin is still oily on the T-zone & dry on the cheeks.

NOPE, will never buy it again. The two bottle I bought was more than enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by canyonbreeze

I used this for ficial mask the first three weeks I got it, and it did improved the skin tone, accelerated the healing process. Now I'm using it just as toner, and it works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by stl

I was a bit hesitant to try this, because of mixed reviews here. I am glad I did at last. I use this as a toner, or sometimes after toner, by patting this directly to my face. I absolutely love how my skin is instantly smooth and soft. It does hydrate my skin and sometimes when it's too hot I will skip moisturising. I've noticed that my skin is lighter and acne pigmentation (marks of the bygone acne) are not as visible anymore. Also it definately made my skin less oily, but not drying. I've been using it for 3 weeks and so far my skin has not broken out. I will update if anything happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mikky2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can honestly say that this product changed my life! When I hit my 30's, my skin and hair changed a lot. All of a sudden my drug store brands seemed useless.
A couple weeks after having my child, we moved to an extremely dry climate...and my face went crazy. I had terrible acne and nothing would help. I saw a dermatologist but 6 months after using perscription, the acne came back.
Years prior a friend gave me the signs treatment eye masks, and it was like a miracle....so I figured, why not!
With in days my skin cleared up and the natural glow I once had in my 20's came back. I was so happy that I purchased their skin signature cream, which was also great. I still get the occasional pre period pimple but now I only get 2 or 3 rather than 15...plus they are half the size. When I feel those coming on I also use the treatment mask and it really helps with the clear up time.
This line is expensive, but I have found it is worth every penny. Unless my body goes through another drastic change, I will never stop using this amazing line.
Update:
I am still 100% in love with the entire SK II line. I just wanted to share a website I discovered. beautykat.com has sample sizes for purchase. Given that this line is so expensive, it's a nice option to buy a smaller size to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by freddy1

The facial treatment mask did made my skin look the best it ever has andvi was told that the this product is the same thing in essence form so I decided to give it a go.

I don't have sensitive skin. It's practically flawless beside the occasional pimple and I've never had any problem with it.

The first day I put this on my skin felt really itchy and irritated, but I'd heard about the 'purging' process and decided to persist. The irritation wasn't so bad after that, but the skin around my nose and mouth has become dry, red and bumpy. I haven't even noticed a great change to my skin like I did with the mask. After almost two weeks I think I'm going to give up and go back to the cellumination mask in treatment and the mask.

Disappointed :(

EDIT: It definately was this product that was casing the irritation. I don;t know what ingredient it could be. I've heard that the pitera yeast can cause irratations, but it can;t be that because it's in the cellumination aswell, which i use There are a few essence-related bumps/redness left, but my skin is looking nice again only a few days later :)