SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 12/10/2012 5:47:00 PM

I have been using this for about 3 months day and night but I have not seen any noticeable results nor any improvements. I bought this because I have sensitive, dry , and acne-prone skin so wanted to improve on my acne scarring and overall but I feel like this doesn't help one bit. I gave it a two star because at least it doesn't make my skin dry or irritate them.

on 12/4/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Knowing the expensive price, I bought a small trial bottle off Amazon before buying the 215ml bottle. I tried the small bottle for about 3 weeks and my skin did get more supple and a bit more radiant. Seeing the results, I decided to buy the 215ml bottle. Both the products were the same, but once I started using the 215ml bottle, I started breaking out. It wasn't horribly bad, but it was enough that it was abnormal. A major part of this could be that this interfered with my acne medication from my dermatologist (I use Tazorac and Acanya combo). Either way, I stopped using it, and just used my acne medication, and my acne went away immediately. I might be tempted to try again with different combinations (a week or two without my medication and only SKII, or using SKII once a day in combination with acne medication) but I do not want to risk getting any more scars on my face from the acne.

on 12/3/2012 10:10:00 PM

This product does work. I had breakouts at first but it was soon gone after 3-4 days. Then my skin regained moisture and radiance. And surprisingly, it started glowing again. Seems like I am back to my 20s. Since I've been using the essence, the comprehensive routine includes just cleanser (scrub or exfoliates twice a week), SKII essence and day/night cream. Easy but effective.

on 12/3/2012 11:42:00 AM

First impression for this product is good from packaging, advertise and cataloque. I have been tried this product since 1 years ago and result is quite good, my skin become glowing and i use this lotion to repair my skin after had acne problem because i like to try new product like antiaging cream ( dont try other cream which doesnt fit with your skin).every night i use it with cotton pad to compress my face and in the morning my skin feel fresh and also glowing
.highly recommend.

on 11/26/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good water. this is so true called as miracle water.
Makes my skin brighter
but what i dont like is all about the smell.

on 11/25/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! Before buying skin care products, I do research. Also, I am not one to buy a product unless there are scientific facts supporting some sort of improvement. My routine used to consist of using a good cleanser (although now the oil cleansing method), toning (Perricone ... which I still love) and exfoliation (Retin A at night). My skin is better than average just by using this routine and a SPF sunscreen of 25 and above. But, now I use the Facial Treatment Essence instead of my regular toner and my skin looks plump and has a glow (ass all the other reviewers have said). Because of this I purchase some other SKII products as well. The masks are amazing as is the essential power moisturizer. Anyways, they are pricey but nothing has done for my skin what this has. At first I thought what is Patera... sounds gimicky (sorry about the spelling). But, it actually works( and this from someone who really just thought only Retin A can make actual changes). Patera is packed with nutrients and my skin has been transforming in front of my eyes. It seems that the old dull skin has been replaced with new more translucent skin ... just as the product promises. Anyways, that is how it has worked for my skin. As I said, I do research ... one thing I know is that it is difficult to take skin care reviews from what others have experienced and expect the same results. Everyone's skin is so unique. But, it does work for me just as I said it does. For others it might not . Generally, what I do is look at percentages .... the SKII product line is rated pretty high by the users on this sight. Most of the reviews are positive and mention the things I have said (a glow and translucencey). For me the SKII products are worth it ... I have had better results with this than with professional facials and IPL. If you can purchase just one thing from this product line I would purchase the Facial Treatment Essence .... it is transforming. Then I would purchase the moisturizer, serums and masks. I have not yet had one bad experience or been disappointed in any of my purchases.

on 11/20/2012 5:12:00 AM

I really want to like this product, but unfortunately, my skin doesn't like it. I have combination, acne prone skin which is quiet sensitive. I brought this because it said to regulate sebum and help with hydrating and increase skin radiant. But upon first application i immediately noticed my skin goes red. After persisted usages i noticed red bumps on my skin which is a sign that my skin doesn't like it. However, this stuff does make your skin glow this healthy radiant that even other complimented me on that. But due to my skin sensitivity, I will not repurchased.

Pros:
- Radiant, skin
- Pores less noticeable

Cons
- Skin inflammation
- Red bumps on face

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is life saver for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone, yet dehydrated skin. Since my skin is acne-prone and dehydrated, I do still need moisturizer, but a LOT of them just break me out. This FTE is light enough, yet moisturing enough, that my skin improved SO much all my friends and family notice and compliments my skin.
I used SK-II exclusively last year, and I no longer have acne-prone skin :) In the morning, I used Facial Treatment Cleanser (soft foaming cleanser) Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, Brightening Derm Specialist and sunscreen. In the evening, I used SKII oil cleanser, facial treatment cleanser, facial treatment lotion, brightening derm specialist, and either lift emulsion or whitening source skin brightner, or signs cream. Basically I have tried all the SK-II products except their eye film, skin refining treatment, "ultimate revival' series, and signs up-lifter. If you suffer from acne, and is oily skinned, but still dehydrated, please give SK-II a try. I've used SK-II for past 2.5 years, I dont really notice that "amzingness" anymore, because my skin is so used to pitera products, so I'll try some other skincare and come back to SK-II again when my skin is used to other products.

I belong to the side of users for whom this product does not suit. The 1st bottle didn't do anything for me. Thinking that my skin needed a longer time to see the effects of this so-called 'miracle water', I bought a second bottle when I finished the first one.

Big mistake.

During the 1st week onto my 2nd bottle, my skin did glowed and my boyfriend commented that I look radiant. However this radiance may be induced by the beginning of skin irritation that caused my complexion to look ruddier than usual (normally my skin is quite pale). Within a couple of days of this radiance, my skin started to feel really tight and dry on the surface. At the same time, oil production seemed to have increased. The worst part is, my skin started to break-out around my chin and forehead! I was horrified as I haven't had an outbreak like this since puberty! And I'm now in my mid-30s!

SKII? Never again!

on 10/28/2012 11:17:00 PM

I love the SKII range. I came across it about a month ago so decided to use it a few weeks before posting comments. My skin has a new glow to it, its pretty amazing. I have good skin, very clear but it has always been sensitive. The SKII range is amazing on. I use the treatment essence post cleansing with the foam cleanser and toning with the clear lotion. I used to apply it with my hands but I prefer to press it in with a cotton pad. It does mean you use more but I find it more effective and a better way to apply. Love this! My wallet is not loving that I am now addicted to the range as very expensive, but worth it.

Popular Treatments (Face)