December 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Jamkat412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered this on one of Kandee Johnson's videos and i had to try it after seeing how white her teeth are. Call me a sucker, but it was $6, so what was there to lose? NOTHING! This is absolutely amazing! It will addict you to whitening your teeth after you start seeing the immediate results! I noticed my teeth were whiter after the first use. I had previously used the crest strips which also work, but after a while i began encountering sensitivity. I did with this product too, but that's MY teeth. You may not have that same problem... BUT, if you do, i really really recommend getting sensodyne toothpaste and brushing with that a few times before/after/while using this. My teeth have become very sensitive when it comes to whitening but after brushing with that and then using this whitening gel, i don't feel a thing! It's better to have mouth trays or go the popular economy-friendly way and go mold your teeth into a mouth guard.. But i myself, apply this with a q-tip and leave it on for about 5-10 min without trays or anything holding it into place. It foams where applied and may sting your gums for a minute or two. If you do try it this way just make sure you do not swallow it! It just may be easier to use trays, and the product recommends it as well. So, it doesn't matter how you do it, but if this gel is on your teeth, they will whiten! I actually liked the smell, it was an almost spearmint type of smell, not bad at all. It tastes like hydrogen peroxide, but to me that doesn't matter. IT WHITENS YOUR TEETH. And it does a damn good job! It's not for smelling and tasting good! :) Over all, i will continue to buy this. The strips and all of those other methods really pale in comparison when you can get the same thing for a fraction of the price at almost any drugstore you can buy the $30-$60 strips at!!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I watched a Youtube review about this product and thought give it a try. I've been using goSmile whitening kit before this - which doesn't work BTW. However, this one works like a charm for the fraction of the price. I bought this together with a pre whitening liquid that comes in as a kit. The liquid is wonderful too - used in lieu of toothpaste and you're supposed to follow with the gel. It really did make a huge difference in just two weeks. My teeth are 10x whiter now. The instruction said to cut down on the frequency after two weeks, so now I don't use it everyday - only 3x a week. HIGHLY recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before trying Plus White 5 Minute Whitening system, I was skeptical; the allegations just sounded too good to be true but this product really exceeded my expectations. I noticed results instantaneously. I have been using this product for 2 weeks, almost everyday. This product is inexpensive and easily attained (it can be purchased at Shoppers Drugmart in Canada). I will definitly be using this product from now on, I will probably be taking it to the grave. I will be flashing my white chompers at Heaven's/Hell's gates!

Note: There is a bit of sensitivity after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by abigailmay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried the Crest Whitening strips (all of them, actually!) and they just don't work for me anymore. They give me the worst sensitivity, too!

I love Plus White because:

1) It's cheap
2) There's a lot of product
3) It's not tested on animals
and
4) It works!

If you read the back of the bottle, it says the product STARTS to work in 5 minutes. So if you take it out after 5 minutes, of course you won't see good results. I personally keep mine in (I use a mouth guard) for about 20 minutes or sometimes 40 minutes if I'm on the computer and I forgot. I've seen stupendous results! Highly recommended! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

In 5 minutes, this product will really whiten your teeth. I've never liked the taste of Crest white strips, but the 5 mins speed gel kit comes with a mouth guard that will easily keep the whitening gel in place.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:55:00 AM More reviews by daisydude

A friend of mine went to the US recently and i asked her to pick me up this product as it is not really available in the UK.

After many good reviews, i had to try it. my teeth are not badly yellow but they are noticeably stained after years of being a tea drinker.

I've used this for about a week and a half, almost every day. I have noticed a slight difference, but honestly nothing major. i thought this product would have worked more by now.

Sensitivity- i do experience some sensitivity generally (when eatin ice cream for instance) and after i use this my teeth feel more sensitive, but this feeling goes after about an hour.

I will continue to use this product and hopefully see better results. I have also been using the gel for 15mins not 5min. so it's not a "speed whitening" treatment in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this about 8 months ago, one of the best whiteners ive purchased and it was only $5 dollars! It works great, I see a difference after one use. Will purchase again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Kellyga26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product ! the price is great ! I saw improvement after first use ! I will buy this product again !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by eyelove187

I bought this today at walgreens and there was no recall notice for it here in NYC. I actually tried it tonight. It says to soak for about 5-10 minutes but I left it in for 40 minutes and saw results already. It's not paper white but I'm sure with more uses, it will be a lot whiter. I tried googling about the recall but I can't find anything on it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by nightlydevil

I just wanted to let everyone know that this stuff has been recalled...I'm not sure if there was a bad batch somewhere or if it's been discontinued altogether, but I tried to pick up a tube at Walgreens tonight, and they wouldn't let me buy it! The clerk said there was a recall notice on the computer system.

Sorry this isn't really a review (I gave it a neutral rating since I haven't actually tried it), I just though I'd get the word out and maybe save someone a trip to the drugstore.

I hope I'm wrong - please post if you have more information!