November 26, 2014 | 1255 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I watched a Youtube review about this product and thought give it a try. I've been using goSmile whitening kit before this - which doesn't work BTW. However, this one works like a charm for the fraction of the price. I bought this together with a pre whitening liquid that comes in as a kit. The liquid is wonderful too - used in lieu of toothpaste and you're supposed to follow with the gel. It really did make a huge difference in just two weeks. My teeth are 10x whiter now. The instruction said to cut down on the frequency after two weeks, so now I don't use it everyday - only 3x a week. HIGHLY recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before trying Plus White 5 Minute Whitening system, I was skeptical; the allegations just sounded too good to be true but this product really exceeded my expectations. I noticed results instantaneously. I have been using this product for 2 weeks, almost everyday. This product is inexpensive and easily attained (it can be purchased at Shoppers Drugmart in Canada). I will definitly be using this product from now on, I will probably be taking it to the grave. I will be flashing my white chompers at Heaven's/Hell's gates!

Note: There is a bit of sensitivity after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by abigailmay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried the Crest Whitening strips (all of them, actually!) and they just don't work for me anymore. They give me the worst sensitivity, too!

I love Plus White because:

1) It's cheap
2) There's a lot of product
3) It's not tested on animals
and
4) It works!

If you read the back of the bottle, it says the product STARTS to work in 5 minutes. So if you take it out after 5 minutes, of course you won't see good results. I personally keep mine in (I use a mouth guard) for about 20 minutes or sometimes 40 minutes if I'm on the computer and I forgot. I've seen stupendous results! Highly recommended! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

In 5 minutes, this product will really whiten your teeth. I've never liked the taste of Crest white strips, but the 5 mins speed gel kit comes with a mouth guard that will easily keep the whitening gel in place.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:55:00 AM More reviews by daisydude

A friend of mine went to the US recently and i asked her to pick me up this product as it is not really available in the UK.

After many good reviews, i had to try it. my teeth are not badly yellow but they are noticeably stained after years of being a tea drinker.

I've used this for about a week and a half, almost every day. I have noticed a slight difference, but honestly nothing major. i thought this product would have worked more by now.

Sensitivity- i do experience some sensitivity generally (when eatin ice cream for instance) and after i use this my teeth feel more sensitive, but this feeling goes after about an hour.

I will continue to use this product and hopefully see better results. I have also been using the gel for 15mins not 5min. so it's not a "speed whitening" treatment in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this about 8 months ago, one of the best whiteners ive purchased and it was only $5 dollars! It works great, I see a difference after one use. Will purchase again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Kellyga26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product ! the price is great ! I saw improvement after first use ! I will buy this product again !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by eyelove187

I bought this today at walgreens and there was no recall notice for it here in NYC. I actually tried it tonight. It says to soak for about 5-10 minutes but I left it in for 40 minutes and saw results already. It's not paper white but I'm sure with more uses, it will be a lot whiter. I tried googling about the recall but I can't find anything on it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by nightlydevil

I just wanted to let everyone know that this stuff has been recalled...I'm not sure if there was a bad batch somewhere or if it's been discontinued altogether, but I tried to pick up a tube at Walgreens tonight, and they wouldn't let me buy it! The clerk said there was a recall notice on the computer system.

Sorry this isn't really a review (I gave it a neutral rating since I haven't actually tried it), I just though I'd get the word out and maybe save someone a trip to the drugstore.

I hope I'm wrong - please post if you have more information!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by twinklystarangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought the tube separately from the kit and realized I wanted those mouth guard things to put the gel into so I ran out and bought a pair. After using this whitening system for about 2 weeks and more (everyday) I didn't really notice a difference in the color of my teeth. They still looked yellow but kind of white, I don't know how to explain. So I stopped for a week or two. Then I noticed my teeth were actually getting darker (yellowish) so I started using it again. This time around, I realized it does actually work because after using it it was back to the color that it was when I was using it. So yes, it did whiten my teeth slightly. But nothing major.
This is an affordable product and does the job.