Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

on 10/1/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up on a whim from SDM, on sale for $3.99 - it works wonders! I use it in conjunction with a boil and bite teeth whitening tray, squeezing a thin strip of gel in each tray. I keep it in for about 20 minutes and use it once a week to maintain my results. It's cheap and far more effective for me than Crest White Strips, Rembrandt 1 hour whitening and even Zoom whitening, done at the dentist's. Love it!

ETA: I started getting tooth and gum sensitivity after a while. To get around the gum/lip sensitivity, I recommend putting some vitamin E oil on a qtip and using it to coat your gums and lips. I also started using sensodyne to brush with and mix a tiny bit in with the plus white.

Also, if you're a coffee or tea drinker, my dentist recommends waiting a couple of hours after whitening to drink the beverage. (You can also use a straw which I do sometimes but I feel like a total dork and get comments from my co-workers. Anything to preserve my white smile, I guess!)

on 9/12/2010 11:08:00 PM

I initially purchased the kit that includes a pre-rinse and a mouthgard in addition to the tube of whitening gel (I think it was under $10 at Walmart). Love, love, love this stuff! I have to be VERY careful about any products I use on my teeth due to my sensitive (and probably thinning) enamel. Anything containing abrasives = I cannot use per my dentist. This stuff works for me in 3 uses. Love the mouthpiece (it reminds me of what you see football players and boxers put in their mouths - a sports guard.) Its cheap (whoo hoo!) It worx as well as the custom stuff I got at my dentist office for a lot cheaper!

My 2nd tube - I wish I had shaken it in Walmart prior to purchasing, but I had no idea to do so, and when I came home to use, discovered it was totally liquified + the silver seal was missing - CRAP! Had totally lsot the receipt too (which is soo not like me, especially in the span of a few hours!) So please be warned and shake your tube before purchasing - I did not dare use that tube = tossed it and purchased another (and yes, shook it in the store = no product moving about in the tube = good to go).

5 minutes to use, I have had NO tooth sensitivity and my dentist saw nothing negative on my most recent exam (and I had used 6x) - I did not tell him I was using this - just asked if there were any detrimental changes to my enamel.

Not only will re-purchase, have already done so! NOTE - my tube looks a bit different/updated from the image here, so I added another image in - my tube came in the blue box.

on 8/25/2010 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this product, it makes my teeth white and it works super fast. Usually my regimen with teeth whitening is, using Ultrabrite toothpaste, which I love also in conjuction with Arm and Hammer whitening boost. But every month or so I pick this up and use it for a powerful whitening and use the boost and the toothpaste for maintenance. I am giving this a 4 because when I tried using it the other day it turned into a liquid not a gel, it was almost gone but good enough for one last use. Don't know if it was sitting in the cabinet too long or what, but it was too runny to use. Otherwise good product.

on 8/24/2010 8:34:00 AM

GOOD STUFF! I've been using this product for about a week now...and it is AWESOME! I noticed a difference after the second day...Love this and will definitely buy again.

on 7/17/2010 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I discovered this on one of Kandee Johnson's videos and i had to try it after seeing how white her teeth are. Call me a sucker, but it was $6, so what was there to lose? NOTHING! This is absolutely amazing! It will addict you to whitening your teeth after you start seeing the immediate results! I noticed my teeth were whiter after the first use. I had previously used the crest strips which also work, but after a while i began encountering sensitivity. I did with this product too, but that's MY teeth. You may not have that same problem... BUT, if you do, i really really recommend getting sensodyne toothpaste and brushing with that a few times before/after/while using this. My teeth have become very sensitive when it comes to whitening but after brushing with that and then using this whitening gel, i don't feel a thing! It's better to have mouth trays or go the popular economy-friendly way and go mold your teeth into a mouth guard.. But i myself, apply this with a q-tip and leave it on for about 5-10 min without trays or anything holding it into place. It foams where applied and may sting your gums for a minute or two. If you do try it this way just make sure you do not swallow it! It just may be easier to use trays, and the product recommends it as well. So, it doesn't matter how you do it, but if this gel is on your teeth, they will whiten! I actually liked the smell, it was an almost spearmint type of smell, not bad at all. It tastes like hydrogen peroxide, but to me that doesn't matter. IT WHITENS YOUR TEETH. And it does a damn good job! It's not for smelling and tasting good! :) Over all, i will continue to buy this. The strips and all of those other methods really pale in comparison when you can get the same thing for a fraction of the price at almost any drugstore you can buy the $30-$60 strips at!!

on 6/20/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I watched a Youtube review about this product and thought give it a try. I've been using goSmile whitening kit before this - which doesn't work BTW. However, this one works like a charm for the fraction of the price. I bought this together with a pre whitening liquid that comes in as a kit. The liquid is wonderful too - used in lieu of toothpaste and you're supposed to follow with the gel. It really did make a huge difference in just two weeks. My teeth are 10x whiter now. The instruction said to cut down on the frequency after two weeks, so now I don't use it everyday - only 3x a week. HIGHLY recommended.

on 6/20/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before trying Plus White 5 Minute Whitening system, I was skeptical; the allegations just sounded too good to be true but this product really exceeded my expectations. I noticed results instantaneously. I have been using this product for 2 weeks, almost everyday. This product is inexpensive and easily attained (it can be purchased at Shoppers Drugmart in Canada). I will definitly be using this product from now on, I will probably be taking it to the grave. I will be flashing my white chompers at Heaven's/Hell's gates!

Note: There is a bit of sensitivity after using this product.

on 6/11/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried the Crest Whitening strips (all of them, actually!) and they just don't work for me anymore. They give me the worst sensitivity, too!

I love Plus White because:

1) It's cheap
2) There's a lot of product
3) It's not tested on animals
and
4) It works!

If you read the back of the bottle, it says the product STARTS to work in 5 minutes. So if you take it out after 5 minutes, of course you won't see good results. I personally keep mine in (I use a mouth guard) for about 20 minutes or sometimes 40 minutes if I'm on the computer and I forgot. I've seen stupendous results! Highly recommended! :)

on 6/7/2010 4:39:00 PM

In 5 minutes, this product will really whiten your teeth. I've never liked the taste of Crest white strips, but the 5 mins speed gel kit comes with a mouth guard that will easily keep the whitening gel in place.

on 6/7/2010 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A friend of mine went to the US recently and i asked her to pick me up this product as it is not really available in the UK.

After many good reviews, i had to try it. my teeth are not badly yellow but they are noticeably stained after years of being a tea drinker.

I've used this for about a week and a half, almost every day. I have noticed a slight difference, but honestly nothing major. i thought this product would have worked more by now.

Sensitivity- i do experience some sensitivity generally (when eatin ice cream for instance) and after i use this my teeth feel more sensitive, but this feeling goes after about an hour.

I will continue to use this product and hopefully see better results. I have also been using the gel for 15mins not 5min. so it's not a "speed whitening" treatment in my opinion.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools