April 18, 2014 | 2010 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

When I had applied the MAC Face and Body foundation for the first time I loved how sheer it was and how it allowed my skin to show through. I prefer water based foundations and seeing as this is one, I thought it would be perfect for me. In terms of MAC foundations I am usually somewhere between MAC NC25-30 however the sales assistant had matched me up to a C3. It was a bit too yellow but seeing as it is such a sheer foundation, it wasn't a big deal.

Like many other reviewers, my skin reacted to this foundation. I tried this product on 3x separate occasions and I noticed that every time I had used this foundation I would find little pink spots coming up on my face. I have combination skin however I rarely suffer from any break outs. I discontinued using this product and the little pink spots went away shorty after discontinuing it. I ended up giving this foundation away to a friend (who also has clear skin) seeing as I had the 120ml bottle and it would have been such a waste. This foundation wasn't for me but I'd recommend it to those who have quite clear skin and just want a very light foundation. Don't forget to make sure you give it a good shake up before you apply it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Heenaj1

This product is really good, if you have no imperfections on your skin and just want something to even out your skin tone. This was my first big foundation and I didn't want something to heavy so I brought it. At first I liked it I thought it was good coverage but through the winter it stuck to dry patches and made me feel like I needed a lot of coverage even though my skin is ok. It's a good foundation for the summer although you should set it with a powder otherwise it transfers everywhere and has a great colour range to suit anyone. I wouldn't buy it again because its not worth the price because there are better drug store foundations available and packaging gets really messy after a while due to all the shaking which is a waste of product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

Awful. Made me break out with whiteheads and little bumps everywhere!! That has never happened to me before. Loved the way it looked though, its too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Big no. Allergy galore. Loved how sheer and natural this looks on the skin but for the bumpy, itchy rash, I'll pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bcvshygirl

I remember buying this foundation In the bigger bottle.I initially loved it but didn't use it everyday and it went to waste. I just bought the smaller bottle yesterday and am wearing it today. Application is tricky at first. Rub it on your fingers and then work it onto the face. I applied msf natural on tap and just pat the powder on with my elf flat top powder brush. It's mid day and the foundation is holding up really well. This also looks awesome on legs!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. It does takes a while to get used to it, it is quite different from all the other foundation I had, most of them are cream foundations, so in the beginning I was a little confused, it was so watery, really sheer coverage, and so shinny (I have dry combination skin), so I thought it was not for me... I didn't give up right away, I watched some toturials, and start trying to apply with bare hands, it worked! It takes lots of blending with the hand into the skin, but once it sets it gives a very beautiful finish, it is still quite dewy, very moisturizing, so it's very comfortable to wear, and it depends on how much I pour in the hand, it can give a sheer to medium coverage. Since it is very moisturizing, so it is quite shinny, so I learn to use a mattifing primer before, it is very long lastning as well. I definitely recomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by EmmaRobyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when i was on the hunt for a foundation without SPF. I didn't expect to like it for my skin, but I love this foundation! It is a light but build-able coverage. I have combination to oily spot pone skin. I use one later day to day in N1 (two on a night out) I use mineralize concealer and then sweep MSF natural in medium plus over the top! It looks flawless!! I will definitely be repurchasing the 120ml bottle. Shame I couldn't get the bigger bottle from the counter initially as it's such good value too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

For Reference: NC20 (winter), up to NC 30 (summer), oily skin with dry patches. I use C2.

Pros:
-This thing has a really interesting texture, the more you blend it, the thicker and heavier it gets
-Very light weighted
-Sheer coverage but buildable
-Gives a very natural, dewy finish even after layering couple times
-Waterproof (went swimming with it once)
-Sweatproof (does not slide off after sweating my balls out LOL!)
-transfer resistant
-Does not emphasize dry patches
-Decent packaging/bottle
-Great price!!

Cons:
-My oily area gets really shiny after 2.5 hours :/
-Dries pretty slow (if you want to layer it up, you need to wait for about 3-5 minutes for the previous layer to completely dry)

i personally prefer to apply it with my fingers

For a light coverage:
I apply foundation according to sections. So i dot some product on my cheeks first, rub it into my skin, then my forehead, chin, and nose. since i have a really oily T-zone, i set it with a setting powder like Rimmel Stay Matte. No one can tell that i'm wearing foundation!

For a medium coverage (my favourite):
I apply the product like how i mentioned above, let it dry for 3-5 minutes (meanwhile, i do my eye makeup or take a dump!). Then i apply another layer. Then, i use a powder brush and pat on, PAT ON, a powder foundation like the MUFE or Mac studio fix. The finish is not dewy but not matte. No one can tell that i'm wearing foundation as well!

For a full coverage:
I never tried to attemp going for a full coverage but i guess if you keep layering it, maybe set it with a heavy layer of powder foundation, you will achieve it.

Overall, i really like it. Even though it does not last very long on my oily area, i can blot it once or twice throughout the day and get away with it. I would not wear this when im attending some sort of special event, but when i go out with some friends, grocery shopping, or out for a walk. You can definitely fool yourself thinking that you're not wearing foundation at all~

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by malhawary

When I first bought this foundation I did not really like it, it was too sheer for me and the more product I added the more cakey it looked, and I usually like more coverage. After watching a pixiwoo video of mac foundation reviews and learned that the more you blend it the more coverage it gives, I realized that this was the most amazing foundation I have ever used. The size of its packaging makes me not want to use it as much as I wish I could, but nonetheless you do not need a lot of product to perfectly (in my case) cover your entire face.
My shade is an N3 and even when I am a bit more tanned during the summer it goes on well.
This foundation if applied well, its true potential shows. Don't apply any other face products right after using it give it 5-10 minutes to set. It photographs amazingly too.
I use either my hands or a buffing brush when applying it and blend the most on top of any blemishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I bought the 50ml after rave pixiwoo reviews and overall, just in time the tiny version of it came out. My main concerne was the lightness of my face and neck compared to the rest of the face, so I thought if I get the color to balance it out, I don't really have much to cover anyways. Bare in mind, my SA poured me quite a large sample as I now realize from the large 120ml bottle, which I loved - you could layer it for thicker coverage, it actually covered something and was sort of dewy matte. When I went to purchase it, I decided to go with the smaller bottle, thinking I'd never be able to use the large one out. BIG mistake.

As I later discovered, 50ml has nothing to do with the Face&Body after all, besides the name and similar packaging. They've got completely different ingredients! It's super greasy (not dewy), it's wet, it doesn't dry, it doesn't like setting powder. I now only use it on good days when I just want my blusher to last longer. Color-wise, the SA matched me with a wrong color, which was the color of my face, not my body (amazing helpful MAC customer service, hello) - which was the main reason for purchasing the foundation in the first place. This foundation does ab-so-lu-te-ly no-thing! I might as well apply a heavy moisturizer with a thick sunscreen to get the effect.. It also breaks me out outrageously. Overall - do not buy, incredibly disappointed, waste of money - nothing left to say about this one.