September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Based on reading the reviews, this looks like a great product. It is for some gals. It didn't work for me though. I tried it twice due to the good reviews, but my skin being oily as the main problem, this foundation was sliding off my face. It is watery consistency and when applied, I don't think it ever caught onto my skin which is why when my natural oils came out, it just slided off. My face became an oily mess after an hour of wearing this foundation. I think if you have the right skin, this would be beautiful but it didn't work for me sadly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by esparza888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation!

This is definitely my HG makeup product. I used to wear bare minerals matte foundation but wanted something that would last a little longer. I've never worn foundation in my life, so I tried tons of other foundations (including other MAC products) and this was by far my favorite. I don't really have any acne scars or pimples, so this works perfectly for me. When I want more of a matte finish, I apply MAC sheer pressed powder over it with a powder brush and the finish is flawless.

Pros:
-Evens out skin tone
-Gives a healthy glow to your skin
-Doesn't cake even if you add a couple layers
-Lasts throughout the day
-Covers dark circles under eyes pretty well.
-$33 for a bottle that lasts around 6 months (for me anyway)

Cons:
-Takes a couple mins to dry on your skin (I usually wait before applying blush)
-Doesn't cover blemishes on days when I do get a pimple.
-Can get shiny/oily towards the middle of the day (I just use blotting sheets)
-The inside of the cap can get pretty messy because of the pointed tip.

Overall a great value for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by impact_player

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(Shade reviewed: C2) I loved this for the short while I was able to use it. Was looking for a water based foundation that was less expensive than Make Up Forever's which I really liked and ran out of. Compared to MUF, this was thicker but still easy to work with. I was color matched to C2 although I was tanner at that time and so I'm sure it would be somewhat dark/off for my naturally fair skin. I personally liked the liquidy consistency of this and found the coverage to be good for what I wanted which was mainly evening out the skin tone.. Don't know how high coverage this is as I never really built it up. It left such a beautiful, dewy, non-cakey finish. Alas, I believe this irritated my skin and gave me minor breakouts, so I stopped using it. I might dare to give it another go but I hate to risk it. I'd still recommend this for others to try since everyone's skin reacts differently to things.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by kirstiebegbie

i got this foundation after i went to the mac shop to get my makeup done for my formal, and the lady recommended this foundation as i wanted something with a light coverage. i love this foundation but the only down side is that it broke me out around my chin and side of the nose. the color selection is great they have yellow/netural/pink undertones and the amount of product you get is great for how much you pay. its very hydrating but if you do have normal/oily i would set this with a powder.

i personally wouldn't buy it again due to the fact that it broke me out

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall I would say this foundation is just okay. The 120ml bottle is great value for money as the watery consistency of the liquid means it goes far. This would be a good foundation for anyone seeking light coverage, but nothing more. It will not cover scars or pimples, and after a few hours I found it looked as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. I've used this when I'm running to the shops or down the street, as a BB cream sort of thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mackenziebadham

I purchased this after hearing good things about being able to build up the coverage and the color selection was decent. I should have known when I went in to be color matched and she just picked a shade and went with it that it wouldn't be a good start to my MAC face product journey. After trying it the next morning, I was appalled. The color was WAY off, even though it's the color I would have picked as well (C1), and it was a ridiculous consistency and coverage. I was very very disappointed. As for price and packaging- the price isn't terrible. It was $29 after tax which is still cheaper than most you can find at sephora or ulta. The packaging doesn't bother me but I can see it being an issue when you get closer to the end of the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Looked quite nice initially but after a few hours it looked horrible. It had settled into lines very badly and was way too oily (I had primed and powdered even though I'm not terribly oily). Definite 'no' from me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is a plastic bottle which is handy for travelling. I believe its a water base thus it has a runny consistency. It has a build able coverage, but the finish is great (still looks like skin). It does last for bout 8 hours with powder ( i live in a humid weather ). Would definitely repurchase it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

I don't like it at all! It's sheer and it doesn't cover almost anything. You can build it up but personally I don't want spend the time to build the foundation.Furthermore, it's not appropriate for acne-prone or oily skin. It makes the skin seem greasy. It must be though good enough for dry skin. Definitely wouldn't spend the money on that again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is now my second review on this product. I cant remember what i said in my last review other than i liked it alot. I am now onto my third bottle in N2. Now i have done more research, tried alot of other foundations, tried this foundation in many different scenarios (winter, summer, work, night, events, daily) with other products (mac studio fix powder, mac mineralize powder, nars creamy concealer, mac and nars blush etc) and brushes (real techniques, beauty blender) and application techniques (thin, layered, finger application, sponge, brush) and in comparison to every foundation i have tried this is by far the best looking one. It makes my skin glow. It doesnt look like makeup, just my skin but better! And it lasts all day with out creasing or moving with out the need for a primer or powder. Yesterday for example i had on loreal true match and it made me look weird and patchy. I had this on today for a 9.5hr shift in hospitality and it looked so natural and was so fuss free i didnt need to touch up or even think about my makeup. I have pimples on my chin and to cover i just put a second layer on. The more you blend this product into the skin the better it gets. You can apply it any way you want and it still ends up looking great. Seriously i think this is my HG foundation!!