August 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic body lotion if your on the go and need to absorb quickly. It also mixes well with any of the "glow" products to eliminate streaking. This is what I use it for, have L'Oreal Sublime Glow, half this lotion - works like a charm. However, for real moisturizing I turn to cocoa butter...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

Tried to get a cheaper version of my Aveeno Oatmeal lotion for budgeting reasons. Wow, this is awful! It makes me itchy - even on my hands. Plus, I do not feel moisterized either. Pretty scent, though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Sorry St. Ives, I am a big cosmetic snob and felt that because this product is so cheap, it was 'beneath' me and inferior to other more costly products. I ignored you for a long time. So when my daughter brought home a big bottle of this stuff, I totally disregarded it for at least a month. One day, I read the ingredients label and was impressed with all the good stuff, like sodium PCA, oat, shea, aloe, chamomile and vitamin E. So I gave it a try. This stuff is really good. Effective but not greasy, and soothes my dry skin itch. The next time, I enriched it by adding a few drops of avocado oil. That made it even better! This recession is hitting us all and I would rather use my spare $$ for other things than expensive lotions and potions.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

This lotion kept my legs moisturized all day long. I don't get the other reviews about the scent. It didn't change to a "chemical" like scent on my skin at all. (bad batch maybe??) The oatmeal /shea scent was very comforting and didn't overpower or interfere with my perfume at all. Very pleased w/ my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jodeygtaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this for the first time when my sister came to visit and I fell in love! The texture is so creamy and really moisturizes my skin and the smell is so sweet and heavenly. I might branch out and try the other scents. I have repurchased twice already. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I am a HUGE fan of the body wash, so I thought this was going to be pretty good too. No. Not at all. The scent is OK at first, didn't notice anything off about it like other reviewers have mentioned. The thing that bothers me the most is that it doesn't moisturize at all. I mean, it works... and it's really nice for about 5 minutes... then I have to go right back to the bottle and apply more. It's a never ended process. The lotion is pretty thin too... I kind of got spoiled by the Vaseline cocoa butter and wanted to try something new. If you don't have dry skin, this would probably make a good product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not too crazy about this one...got it initially because in the sticky nasty humid summer here I have to shower few times a day and my skin gets pretty irritated. And upon sniffing it in the store, I really liked the scent of it so I gave it a go.
But, it doesn't moisturize that well, it mostly just sits on top of my skin, and the scent turns into some chemical nastiness:-S
It is good after shaving tho, it does soothe the skin pretty good. But I'm definitely not buying it again, Jergens works so much better for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lotion for after shaving and stuff! My only complaint is that it is the pump style which makes the stuff dry up and clog the opening, but that wont stop me from buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by aprilwms2002

Love this lotion - over the summer I developed this skin virus called (Pityriasis Rosea) My Dermatologist said that the cause is unknown. She gave me medicine a foam, the foam was supposed to stop the itching it didnít. One night I was itching so badly I could not sleep; my boyfriend recommended that I use his lotion (St. Ives OSB) as soon as I put it on, and it worked immediately I was able to sleep through out the night. This is the only thing I will buy from now on. And its great for my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Dinnerwithfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cheap and it works fantastically. Keeps my skin moisturized and feeling soft, the effect doesnt wear off like a lot of other lotions I've tried lately. Not too greasy, I had to rub it into my skin a fair amount and everything was fine. I really like this and I will be buying it again (its cheap as chips, huge amount and will probably last me ages)