October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am no lotion afficianado. But this stuff is the best lotion I've ever used, hands down.

It's non-greasy and actually absorbs into your skin rather than sitting on top of it like a greasy film. It absorbs quickly. My skin feels immediately soft after using it. The best part for me though, is that I have eczema pretty bad on my hands, and unlike many other lotions, this does not sting them. The scent is very pleasant, too. Kinda vanilla-ish. It's really the only thing that's saved my hands this winter. I will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up from the trial size bins at Target. I think this is a pretty good overall lotion. I am using on my hands.

Pros: Absorbs quickly and leaves a nice soft feel to the skin. Just enough, and not at all greasy.

Cons: The scent is a little bit playdoughy, but dissipates quickly after rubbing in.

I would repurchase for hand use, but if you really have some seriously dry skin on your hands or legs, I would go with something heavier

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I love this stuff. I used some of a friends and just had to buy some I love it. It dont make me itch or anything. I love the smell to. It helps my dry skin and hands. I will def buy more

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by beelovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is aweful ! Its supposed to be to calm and soothe dry skin , and it did nothing for my skin . It made it itchy and dry . I really try to love St.Ives products but just doesnt happen .. Will never buy this again and St.Ives products period

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by francesmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter moisturizer - as a body moisturizer only (I should point out). It absorbs so nicely into your skin, leaves it feeling soothed and moisturized. The scent is nice too, not too overpowering. I cannot use the Vaseline Shea lotion that so many reviewers have preferred, I don't find it absorbs well and I don't like their use of petroleum.
But St. Ives is natural, doesn't test on animals and has a great ingredient list. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic body lotion if your on the go and need to absorb quickly. It also mixes well with any of the "glow" products to eliminate streaking. This is what I use it for, have L'Oreal Sublime Glow, half this lotion - works like a charm. However, for real moisturizing I turn to cocoa butter...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

Tried to get a cheaper version of my Aveeno Oatmeal lotion for budgeting reasons. Wow, this is awful! It makes me itchy - even on my hands. Plus, I do not feel moisterized either. Pretty scent, though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Sorry St. Ives, I am a big cosmetic snob and felt that because this product is so cheap, it was 'beneath' me and inferior to other more costly products. I ignored you for a long time. So when my daughter brought home a big bottle of this stuff, I totally disregarded it for at least a month. One day, I read the ingredients label and was impressed with all the good stuff, like sodium PCA, oat, shea, aloe, chamomile and vitamin E. So I gave it a try. This stuff is really good. Effective but not greasy, and soothes my dry skin itch. The next time, I enriched it by adding a few drops of avocado oil. That made it even better! This recession is hitting us all and I would rather use my spare $$ for other things than expensive lotions and potions.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

This lotion kept my legs moisturized all day long. I don't get the other reviews about the scent. It didn't change to a "chemical" like scent on my skin at all. (bad batch maybe??) The oatmeal /shea scent was very comforting and didn't overpower or interfere with my perfume at all. Very pleased w/ my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jodeygtaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this for the first time when my sister came to visit and I fell in love! The texture is so creamy and really moisturizes my skin and the smell is so sweet and heavenly. I might branch out and try the other scents. I have repurchased twice already. Highly recommend.