St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 9/3/2010 9:33:00 AM

I really like this product. For the price, it's a great moisturiser. I like to use it on my feet, legs, arms and funny bone area after I've showered and before I go to bed. It smells wonderful, and is great for my sensitive skin - even after shaving. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a budget moisturiser, which is specially important during winter. I go through moisturiser like it's nobody's business, so cheap and effective is the way forward!

on 7/20/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This lotion is great. It's exactly what I've been looking for, and fits perfectly into my budget. A full 18 oz pump bottle for $3, smells wonderful, and keeps my skin feeling comfortable and soft. It absorbs quickly, so I don't have to worry about sticking to everything (one reason why I don't apply lotion as often as I should). The scent is sweet, but not overpowering and won't interfere with my perfumes. My skin isn't overly dry, but due to my crappy apartment water it does get tight and itchy if I don't use lotion every so often, which makes this the perfect lotion for me. I'd definitely recommend this to those with normal skin just looking for a simple, everyday lotion. For $3 you can't ask for more.

on 6/10/2010 9:48:00 PM

Between constant dry skin and working at Bath and Body Works, I've tried my fair share of lotions in my 22 years. St. Ives is hands down the best lotion brand I've found for minimizing the appearance of my keratosis pilaris, and the Oatmeal and Shea Butter is one of my favorites. It's very thick but not greasy. The packaging is fine until it gets too low, then I have to move the remainder to a jar. I'm not a huge fan of strongly-scented lotions, but this smells quite soothing. And the price! I just got some more today on sale at Target for 2.99. Awesome.

on 5/27/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this product. It smells amazing, provides excellent moisture for my dry skin. It comes in a large bottle, so you get lots. Only downside I would say is that there always seems to be like a cup of lotion left in the bottom after the pump stops working. That drives me up the wall! But it is the same for brands too I have noticed.....oh well. It is regularly like 7$ but it goes on sale pretty often and you can get it for like 3$. AND they don't test on animals which I love! *wink* ;)

on 5/18/2010 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this lotion. When I first bought it was very surprised how thick it was and how well it moisturized. It is inexpensive and helps soothe my sensitive skin. It is a HG for me.

on 4/7/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product! Finally, my HG lotion. :)

The price is reasonable, you get a huge bottle with a pump for 6 bucks I think?

Smells fabulous. :) Moisturizes perfectly. Non-sticky, non-greasy. Love it!

Will definitely repurchase!

Love this! I like a cheap everyday body lotion that I can pick up whenever I run out. I actually like this more than bath and body works body lotions. I also love the fact that you can use it on your hands; it doesn't feel weird or gross on hands like some lotions do. Smell is amazing. It smells like coconuts to me for some reason.

on 3/28/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I saw this at the local dollar store for $3 and HAD to buy it, because hey, I use the oatmeal & shea butter body wash and I love to match! :P The lotion I bought came in a nice pump bottle for a good price. You get plenty of product, but the bottle doesn't take up half the counter. The lotion itself is really moisturzing, non-greasy, rubs right in to the skin, and doesn't break me out on my chest or back. The only downside is that when you rub this in right after showering (when your skin is still damp), it smells a little rancid, like mildew, which is why I took a lippie off. Just let it sit for an hour or so and the smell will "relax" in to the normal soft, sweet smell. Also, it doesn't smell bad at all if you rub it on when you're completely dry. All in all, this is an awesome lotion for winter and summer, and I'll definitely repurchase!

on 3/25/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am no lotion afficianado. But this stuff is the best lotion I've ever used, hands down.

It's non-greasy and actually absorbs into your skin rather than sitting on top of it like a greasy film. It absorbs quickly. My skin feels immediately soft after using it. The best part for me though, is that I have eczema pretty bad on my hands, and unlike many other lotions, this does not sting them. The scent is very pleasant, too. Kinda vanilla-ish. It's really the only thing that's saved my hands this winter. I will continue to buy.

on 3/16/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up from the trial size bins at Target. I think this is a pretty good overall lotion. I am using on my hands.

Pros: Absorbs quickly and leaves a nice soft feel to the skin. Just enough, and not at all greasy.

Cons: The scent is a little bit playdoughy, but dissipates quickly after rubbing in.

I would repurchase for hand use, but if you really have some seriously dry skin on your hands or legs, I would go with something heavier