September 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Leah786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one product i would not be able to live without. I never use makeup, so i dont know how good it is for keeping makeup fresh and whatnot.
Thankfully, ive got good skin and i use this alone. I moisturize my face and then put this on and nothing else, except when i have an off day and feel i need concealer on a few areas.
That Gal first off has the most amazing smell, it literally smells like bubblegum, but its not so strong where its offputting and the smell doesnt last long either.
The primer has a pinkish tint to it, and because im very fair, i was worried at fist, but once rubbed onto the skin that disappeared.
The best thing about this primer is that it leaves my skin with an amazing glow. Whenever i have this on, i always get people asking me what makeup im using, and theyre always shocked when i say i dont wear any, just That Gal primer. It literally is that good. It doesnt leave skin oily, and it certainly doesnt clog my pores; ive actually found that since using it my skin is alot softer. It smoothens out the complexion most definitely, but i wouldnt say it completely covers pores. Thankfully, mine arent huge and visible so thats not a problem for me.
Yes the primer is quite expensive, but then again BeneFit products always seem to be overpriced. With That Gal however, i feel its justified just because it gives my skin the most amazing finish. I literally do not leave my house without first putting this on.
The one bad point about this is the packaging. I hate the fact that you cant see how much is left, so when your clicking away and find nothings coming out, its extremely irritating. However, ive been using it long enough to know that you should always have an extra one about as you never know when its going to finish; it definitely saves me from that mad dash to the shops.
Needless to say, i absolutely adore this product and i cant live without it. Its texture and luminating finish are incredible. The best thing about most BeneFit products is that it enhances what youve already got instead of trying to dramatically change your appearance.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by TeacherCarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have the sample size included in BeneFit's Confessions of a Concealaholic collection. So, this review has nothing to do with the packaging of the normal sized That Gal. But, I must say, this stuff is not very good for a person with super oily skin!

I had never used an all-over face primer before and my skin is very oily (all over, not just the T-zone). I put just a dab on the back of my hand and spread it all over my face. It doesn't keep my makeup on unfortunately because of my oily skin, it slides off instead. The smell is nice as everyone says and it glides on quickly. I'm not sure if the brightening bit works on me though, I didn't notice a huge difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. Works to brighten my skin but makes me look greasy by the end of the day. Also not very good as a primer. Makeup slid right off. Benefit products are so cute but really expensive, particularly for the amount of product you receive. No repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by beyondtheskyline

This primer by benefit is actually good if applied properly, however the packaging make it look nothing less than a glue stick with a fancy design, yeah it does smell good, but it doesn't give the 'glow' i was ensured to get by the saleswoman, so i would still wear it with make up, but if you have this be careful! put a little on the back of your hand then pat on to you're skin rather than blending on because the primer ends up stretching your foundation. Trust me not a good look. on the other hand if its applied well it does actually keep your make up on most of the day.

so...
Packaging: 3/10
Texture:7/10
Smell: 9/10
Price:2/10 (seriously £22 i think it was!!)
Appearance With make up: 7/10

hope i helped :)
xx

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by erihether

I'm currently really unhappy with my skin (acne/clogged pores), and That Gal is part of the lineup. When the girl at the benefit store put it on my face, it felt so cool and nice. It also smells quite nice, and does give your face a nice sheen. But like other reviewers have said, it's really inappropriate for people with even remotely oily skin (as I've found most benefit products to be). I currently have difficulty with clogged pores, and while I can't isolate a single culprit, I have my suspicions that That Gal really isn't helping...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product on my cheeks and chin. It makes my face look radiant/alive if that makes sense. I can tell the difference with and without it. I love the smell of this stuff! It smells like raspberries. However, I found a replacement products and primers that have the same effect and are made with natural ingredients, but I've been thinking about buying this product again and I probably will. I used this before putting on my graduation makeup and didn't use a powder blush. My face looks natural but awake in the pictures and it's noticeable to me. Probably won't be noticeable to your husband/SO's but at least you'll be happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I am very surprised at so many bad ratings for this!! First off, yes, this product is costly, ALL of Benefit's products are. But as far as i'm concerned you get what you pay for!!! This product is a nice light, creamy primer that basically just disappears when you rub it in. It does leave a slight pink luminescence to the skin. It really does brighten up my complexion, but the primer alone is not enough to get make up to smooth on well, i need some moisturizer also. As someone with an oily t-zone i found this to not aggravate the situation at all, in fact I may notice a slight improvement after a few hours of make up wear. A tip for this i found helpful- i smooth a few dots right under my eyes and on top of cheeks under and some times on top of make up...really wakes up the skin/complexion, pat it in lightly and don't rub. I give it a 4 because i'm not crazy about the packaging, a regular squirt bottle would have been just fine!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hellybelly1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Stay away from this if you have combination or oily skin. When I first apply this product it gives me a lovely dewy glow but after a few hours I look like a giant greaseball and it makes my pores look huge. Urgh. What a waste. Not good benefit, even the cute packaging can't save you this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Hysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like to experiment with my make up and i've never bought any make up item twice. Why, if there are so much to try out there?
The only exception is this product. i've used three or four in a year (even though it's a bit pricey for me) and i just can't get enough of it.
First, i love the smell a lot. But what's important is how it makes my dull combination skin look like. It really lightens up the whole face and gives this nice pink glowy undertone, makes my pores invisible and does not make my skin greasy or oily at all.
Absolutely love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynnr

I bought the mini size of this produce from the "one prime day" set at sephora. Since I didn't want to use it all up at once, I applied my normal primer and then this primer to wherever I would highlight my face and it showed through my foundation and looked really pretty! However, I think the full size product is a little too expensive for me. So, I won't be repurchasing.