September 16, 2014 | 1846 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by rawrrawrrawramy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has got to be the WORST product I've EVER purchased. Sure, it looks great on.. gives a nice dewey glow.. but after only a few days of using this I have five massive pimples on my face and many smaller ones. I hardly EVER break out but this really did it for me. It has CASTOR OIL in it, one of the worse things you can put on your face. I definitely wouldn't risk the chance of breaking my skin out to try this one. Back to Sephora it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by sugarycactus

I'm pretty so-so on this prodcut; it moisturizes well, has fairly decent coverage and SPF, but like others, this has oxidized orange on me. I have very fair skin with strong yellow undertones. It looks good when you first put it on, but it slowly turns orange throughout the day. This would be a great product if it stayed the color it came out of the tube.

As for coverage, it covers lightly. Enough to even out your skin tone, but not enough to cover dark circles or acne/acne scars. I really like the hydrating effect, but until they come out with a formula that won't turn me orange, I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I really wish I could say I love this. I do love how it covers, how it feels, how easy it is to apply. However like others I get the orange cast with it. I got Light/Medium and it should match my winter medium skin. I am really sad cause it does feel great and for the most part looks great, except the orange hue :(

it got 2 lippies because its a nice texture and provides smooth application. The color is just all wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by totopuff

This product makes my face glow. My bf met me at the airport after being apart for a while and asked me what I did with my skin! It's Fall now so I think the moisturizing ingredients in BalmShelter are appropriate. It will probably be too oily for the more humid months.

I've been trying to simplify my daily regimen and find stuff that's a great value - this product does the job at less than $25 for a big tube. Will buy again, although it might take a while to finish using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I just started using this product but here are my initial findings. I like this TM. I usually just use moisturizer and powder (no foundations or tm) but this had such good reviews and I have been so into TheBalm brand lately, I figured I would give it a try. While applying, it doesn't appear to be covering much, but by the time you are done it will look like a huge difference....you just appear more even toned and polished. My skin has lots of light freckles allllll over and plenty of redness from old blemishes, but after applying this and a powder I look flawless. Also, I find with most TM that they don't cover my under eye darkness at all....but this one does! and the redness on my upper lid as well. I still need concealer, but this really improves the appearance of my nasty darkness. I think you should definitely set this TM with a powder, unless you are going for a dewy look as it looks very dewy on your skin. I used a light brushing of clinique powder over it, and that worked fine. I find the smell of it plesant, but I love the smell of sunscreen. (reminds me of summer!) the smell fades about 10 seconds after you apply though, so even if you don't like it, it shouldn't be an issue. Overall, I would say give it a try! I'm loving it! I'm going to wear it while I work out tonight, so if there are any changes in my review I will update :)

Update: I am in love with this tm!!!! I wear it every day now, and my skin looks great. I use Sexy Mama powder from TheBalm to set it and my concealer, and I have a perfect, polished face :) love!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Heather09103

I agree with the reviewer below. This product provides great coverage at a decent price and the squeeze tube lasts awhile. I really liked this TM in the winter, it made my skin glowy and dewey. However, now that it is getting warmer out I find that I feel and look like an oil slick by the end of the day. So I will be continuing my search for my HG TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Hasmik19

This product definitely has both good and bad qualities!

GOOD:
- great coverage! (i have no complaints on this..i LOVE how it covers my redness)
-not a bad price
- lasts a long time

BAD:
- shiny (I love that in winter, in summer not a big fan)
- SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (horrible sunscreen smell)
- smudges (my boyfriend had to change two white t-shirts within 30 minutes!)

NONETHELess, I wore this product A LOT since I purchased it. It kept me satisfied Im not going to lie...i got used to the smell, waited until it completely tried before I hugged my boyfriend (lol) and I've always been a big fan of a dewy look, so the shininess didn't bother me TOO much. However, I believe I can find a TM that does not have the negatives that this one does. WOuld not repurchase...im once on the quest for the perfect TM...got i've tried soooo many already.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is so incredibly awful, I wish I could give it negative lippies. Luckily, I didn't actually buy this crap! Sephora screwed up yet another order (is anyone else having this problem?), and this was included in the package instead of something else. In theory, the shade they sent should be my color, but it's SO dark and orange-looking (this is the lightest shade, and I'm really fair). Gee, thanks, Sephora, for letting me keep your screw-up. Probably it's because you can't even GIVE this stuff away! Greasy, thick, obvious, ugly color. Bleh. Just don't.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

I got this recently because I was finding my BE to be too dry during the winter. It's my first TM and I find it to be worth the price $30CND at Sephora. I'm sure it's not the best TM out there, it takes awhile to settle into the skin, but a little bit goes a long way. It has decent coverage but isn't really going to hide anything major. I needed to put my regular moisturizer on before I applied this because my skin is dry in the winter and balmshelter doesn't provide enough moisture. I like it because it's fast to apply, just dab and blend well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Oh boy. I couldn't even give this a decent test-run because it was just too orange on me. It looks orange coming out of the tube and, well-blended into my light, yellow-toned skin, looks peach. Are there really folks out there that have apricot undertones? I just don't understand. The texture, etc. seemed OK, but again--the color put me off so much that I couldn't give it even a day of wear. Maybe if I swing by another Sephora I'll check out the Light color. But they really need to expand their color range. Anyway, since I don't fancy the idea of a peachy face and yellowy neck, I will stick to my Laura Mercier Nude.