April 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by willozza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The sales assistant recommended this to me because I said that I wanted something to line my inner rims. I usually use MAC's fluidline but I don't like using the gel and brush on my lower inner rim so I thought I'll get something that was a bit softer. Everything about this Revlon eyeliner is great except for one thing. It tends to tug my eyelids abit when I try to draw the line on the top of my eye. I think I'll keep this until I finished with it but I don't think I'll be repurchasing because of the tugging factor. Also, you need to keep the eyeliner sharp if you don't want to have a space between your liner and your eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by equestrian6791

I bought this after reading the "rave" reviews on this product. I have the hardest time with eyeliners and the package said it will stay on for 16 hours. Yea Right! I put it on my inner rim and it lasted about two hours and then it was everywhere. So I put it below the waterline and it was even less time. I hated it and threw it out. The only good thing about this product is the sharpener on the other end. Will not buy again or reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Christmaself55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best and blackest eyeliner ever! I would not buy another eyeliner. I actaully recommend this eyeliner and when Wal mart sells the double pack I stock up. Totally love it and it's so black! It doesn't really run on my face either even though my face is an oil slick.. Check out my blog and yummymakeup.blogspot.com :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MiuMiuLvoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

anther cheap product that pleasantly surprised me. goes on smooth, doesn't smudge yet looks natural and not made up sharp line. im very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

99% of the time if I am lining my eyes then I am lining the inner rims so needless to say I want something that stays put, basically somethng strong enough to go against the natural cleaning abilities of my eye moisture (as bad as that sounds). MAC Powerpoints don't stay much at all, Clinique Quickliners didnt do much better. I tried countless khol formulas and none of theose worked either.The only thing that was right was MAC Fluidlines but they were so messy, the creamy thick liner got on to my contacts and traveled like everywhere into my eye socket...sure it looked good that day / night but they next day no matter how well I removed there were still traces of the liner all over. Which is kind of gross. Then I tried this; it actually sticks to my inner rims and does not go all over my eye socket and on my contacts! It doesnt bleed or fade away at all. 5 minutes after I apply to my inner rims or 5 hours it looks the same. It's the best liner for the inner rims I have ever tried. Its a staple for me. I'll never buy another liner for the inside of my eye, ever. I apply this a certain way; I put one swipe in my inner rim and then let it "set" for about 10 seconds and then I go in and darken up the lines with with short little dash line stroked of the pencil until I get the darkness I want. The I try not to bick for about 10 to 20 seconds and let it all "set", works wonders! The price is reasonable and its available everywhere, drugstores, grocery stores, walmart, target...This eyeliner is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have very oily eyes and almost every eyeliner pencil get me smudge. ill say this one prevent smudge somewhat but not completely. but for a eyeliner pencil it is pretty good and worths it.
EDIT: just a warning. for those who wear contact lenses for have sensative eyes, please dont use it. it irritates badly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

I love this! It goes on so smoothly, and is REALLY dark. Perfect pigmentation, and it lasts for a long time on my eyes.
It is creamy and smooth, and absolutely no tugging at all.
My HG black pencil liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just started using this, and the one I bought is in new packaging which states "New look...richer color...now with carbon black". I don't know how it compares to the original, but I agree that this is a true black -no charcoal gray, blue or purple undertones. I don't agree that it's foolproof "Colorstay". This traveled and faded a bit on my lower lashline, but that could have been from my eye cream which is really moisturizing. Smudging will definitely be more of a problem for those who have oily skin. Still, this is the best non-liquid black eyeliner that I've tried. It looks fantastic on - my eyes stand out like no other, the crayon is soft enough to draw easily along my lashline and inner rims without any harsh tugging or pressing needed, and my eyes don't get red or irritated. I like the built in sharpener as well (it's not really necessary since this is an automatic pencil, but it's handy if you really need an ultra fine point). To remove the product, you definitely need an oil-based remover. I use Lancome Bi-Facil which melts it right off.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kayyy

In my opinion, this eyeliner was horrible. It did everything for me but STAY! would not recommend this to anyone who wants their eyeliner to stay on without continuously checking it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Another eyeliner to add on my search for my HG liner...

What my eyes are like: oily-lidded, Asian, creased, fairly dense lashes.

What I'm looking for: something that lasts all day without (any major) smudging, doesn't make me look raccoon-eyed, fairly easy to remove with Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, waterproof.

What I use it for: tightlining (for which, smudging and all that jazz is not really a concern) and lining over my lower lash line.

Verdict on this liner: Unfortunately, it goes back to the store. I'd give it 3.5 lippies because it had pretty good staying power in terms of when I touched my eye right on the liner and because it was very smooth and didn't skip or tug. Too bad it made me raccoon-eyed within about 4 hours and it wasn't an easily fixable racoon-eye that would go away with a swipe of a finger. When I removed it the same way I'd always remove my liner from my lower lash line...LASHES FELL OUT...that's NEVER happened with me. Also, I twisted up the whole pencil...there is VERY little product here. That makes this a very expensive liner in the long run. I'd rather just buy a more expensive pencil that would last me a year...All in all, I won't repurchase. So my search for my HG liner continues...