Physicians Formula Conceal RX

3.9

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4, DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3, DIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-12, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, PANTHENOL, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIDECETH-9PG-AMODIMETHICONE, TRIDECETH-12, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON DIOXIDES, TALC, ULTRAMARINES, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN.

on 8/1/2010 4:18:00 PM

I bought this concealer after seeing it in a haul on Youtube.
The concealer itself is full-coverage. I use it on my acne scars and my blemishes. The reason I gave it a 3 is because 1.) They need to make a better color for lighter skin tones- the lightest one was very pink on me no matter how much i blended. I always end up using foundation too just to even on my skin tone. And 2.) because it tends to come off on the lightest touch. I have to use a toner beforehand to make it stick, and then it doesn't blend all that well. I'm sure its better on darker skin tones. Overall, its a good concealer.

on 7/12/2010 6:33:00 PM

Love this product for my dark undereye circles! It has very good coverage that lasts and lasts, and the yellow completely cancels out the purply, brown discoloration under my eyes. One caveat, it will look cakey unless you use a very emollient moisturizer underneath, once the product is set however, it will stay on until you choose to take it off. I will not leave the house without it.

on 7/11/2010 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been shopping for an HG concealer for quite some time now with little luck. I have some pretty prominent eye bags -- I'm not talking about dark under-eye circles, but straight-up sagging U-shaped purple BAGS, which, when coupled with lack of sleep and all-night ragers, look like death on my face. In the past I've tried out various powder concealers, Benefit's Boi-ing, and MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, but none of them did as good a job of covering up my eye bags as Concealer RX.

Pros:
1. Industrial strength, provides excellent coverage that lasts allll day. Only a tiny, tiny amount of product required to cover up my problem areas

2. Cheaap. Got this at a BOGO 50% sale, so this set me back approx. $3

3. I have a hard time finding concealers and foundations that match my pale, yellow Asian skin tone. Most concealers are too pink/orange for me. Natural Light is the perfect fit for me because it has yellow undertones. For reference I've been matched to NW20-25.

4. I generally like the sticky consistency. I don't like it when concealers are too watery or runny because they tend to look streaky on my face. The key is to dab it on with your finger and work quickly because this dries pretty quickly.

Cons:
1. Natural Light works for me, but the fact that this product only has two colors pretty much sucks for anyone who's darker.

2. Can definitely be drying, so moisturize well. I could see how this product wouldn't work well on dry skin types

Overall I am a very happy camper :)

on 7/4/2010 1:53:00 PM

I have this in the fair light shade, and I've repurchased this 3 times already. But let me tell you, I'm not 100% in love with this concealer. Maybe I keep going back to it because I hate trying to find a new concealer that works. The way I use this is I'll dot it here and there where I have spots and then tap tap tap it in with my pinkie. I use the tiniest amount and it's fine. I've also mixed this into tinted moisturizer for more coverage. I don't like this for under eye circles, it looks fake and cakey. That's probably because it's going over a larger area, and thus harder to blend.
Side note - a reason why I've repurchased this: Don't leave in your hot car! It will ruin the formula and it will separate in the tube. boo!

on 7/4/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This for me has proved to be an excellent concealer. I have spots of hyperpigmentation and this has done a fabulous job of covering them up, more so than anything else I have tried. I have to admit I am surprised that I need the darker of the 2 colors they offer as I am pretty pale but that is no biggie. I have repurchased this many times and will continue to do so. Highly recommended!

on 6/18/2010 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is like waterproof glue. I apply the concealer on the back of my hand and then smooth it on with either a concealer brush or my finger. I recommend the finger method because this stuff dries on .47 seconds. And when I try to wipe the excess off my hand, I generally have to wash it with soap and water. But my gosh does it work good. It's like Revlons Colorstay times a bazillion. Once you figure out the best method for this product, you will love it. The color selection does suck, but it's a concealer. It doesn't matter the shade if you intend to use a foundation over it. All in all, this concealer is awesome and it can be used as an eye lid primer. Remember, it's like Elmer's glue, your shadow will stay put for the whole day.

on 6/5/2010 11:02:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product out. I had no doubt that I would love it based on all of the great reviews here. However, this just did not work for me. First of all, the color selection is terrible. I chose natural light, and it was so white on me even though I wouldn't consider myself to be tan at all! I found it to be very drying and chalky. As for the coverage, I found it to not be so great at covering my blemishes. I have combination skin, but mostly oily in the summer. I really wish that this concealer worked for me. :/

on 6/1/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- great coverage
- little goes a long way

CONS

- dries quickly
- very thick

COMMENTS: This is so damn thick, so you have to work fast because it also dries quickly. However, I don't use this as a concealer as I find it too dry. This works wonders as an eye shadow primer, though - lasts all day and no creasing.

WILL REPURCHASE.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my lord. This concealer is *wonderful* for my perpetual under eye circles (oh the joys of being a student).

I love that it's in a tube and I can just squeeze out a tiny bit, more hygienic than a pot or a doe foot applicator. I warm it with my fingers and blend it under my eyes. Set with a little translucent mineral powder and you're good to go. This lasted 12 hours in 85 degree humid weather with sporadic showers. I use it in the lightest shade.

on 4/25/2010 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

full coverage
little bit goes a long way
creamy and easy to blend

limitied selection of shades