July 28, 2014 | 1013 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a so-so product for me, it's not bad but neither is it great. For reference my skin is mostly normal but with an oily nose and very prone to clogging and the odd pimple.

I've been using this cleanser for just over 2 months and it has not been the cause of any of my pimples so though oils do the majority of cleansing my face this has done a nice job of removing what is left of the oil/makeup, the smell is non-offensive and it lasts a really long time so it is a good product (I spent just over 5 on a chunk and I still have 2/3 of it left) but I just can't stand it when a cleanser makes my skin squeak (nor can I stand a shampoo that makes my hair squeak) as I'm not convinced that means it is clean and it does feel as though this cleanser is leaving some sort of film on my skin that water won't wash away - I don't notice it once my skin is dry but it does feel alarmingly slimy whilst my skin is wet. Like I said, it hasn't been the cause of breakouts so I don't know what that film is but it is quite a turn off for me so I won't repurchase nor will I use the remaining cleanser on my face but I will use it up on my body.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed by this. This is supposed to be good for sensitive skin because of the calomine and chamomile.
This soap gave that "squeaky-clean" feel, like your face is so clean it's dry. It was difficult to lather against my face so I lathered in my hands, hence rendering the exfoliation useless. Overall: would not recommend for sensitive skin types and those who like creamier, more mosturizing facial soaps, and because it's not that cheap! Smells decent though, very light and mild.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ClubNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff dried my skin out big time. It made my skin feel soft and smooth, but at the same time taught and uncomfortable. I used it about 3 times before I gave up.

I have sensitive skin with an oily T-zone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

I have oily and acne prone skin but this made my skin WAY too dry. I don't recommend it for those who have the tendency to get dry skin with certain products even if you have oily skin because this will dry you out. I think soap cleansers are too drying in general though, so unless you REALLY need it, try something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd like to start off by saying I ABSOLUTELY HATE MY SKIN! Or I used to. I bought this stuff less than a week ago, and after 5 washes (translates to 2.5 days) I can already see the pesky red blotches on my cheeks and forehead just disappearing. I've tried everything up until now, and had no result. It would only help the tiniest bit if I was really meticulous and was careful not to scrub to hard. This doesn't make my skin flake, and gets it good and clean.

What I really hate about most cleansers is that I find there's always a slimy film left behind even after I wash it off thoroughly. This stuff doesn't do that. It comes off easily and feels so fresh and clean afterwards. This is what a real cleanser should feel like.

The price seems outrageous when you're standing in the store looking at it. Really, it's a GREAT price. I chopped off 2 tiny little pieces, and I've only used 1 in almost 3 days. If you've tried everything else, and still aren't happy, this is definitely the product for you.

It's got a very faint smell and it doesn't really linger after you rinse it all off. My moisturizer has a fairly strong smell though (SPF so it smells like sunscreen, but protects my face), so that may be covering up any of the scent that may stay on my skin.

As long as you don't wet the whole thing, and keep the majority of the cleanser in a dry place, you can really stretch its lifespan. I'm keeping the chopped up bits in an old Retread container, and the rest of my chunk wrapped in its original packaging, inside a ziplock baggie. Plastic isn't environmentally friendly, I know. It was my best option until I get a good air tight container big enough to fit the rest of my slice into it.

I'd be absolutely out of my mind if I said I wasn't going to buy this again. It may be a while until I need to, but when the time comes I will happily spend my $10 on this instead of dumb drugstore brands that don't do a thing. Until then, I'll be stocking my bathroom with every LUSH product I can think of!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin. So with a cleanser I need something that is going to be able to clean my face without stripping it and irritating it. Fresh Farmacy does just that. I was hesitant of the price but the SA assured me I wouldn't regret my purchase. I bought a seemingly small chunk for $10. With most Lush products, they tend to go fast if left in the bath or by the sink. So I cut Fresh Farmacy into 5 equal pieces. I have been using this for about 4 months now, so I can fully attest to how awesome this is. This is the first cleanser I have ever used that has throughly cleaned my face but still manages to be super gentle. I can even wash over my eyes with this and there's no stinging or irritation. My skin has cleared up immensely and calmed down significantly after using this. I was having a huge acne flare up when I bought this and I can testify that this is the sole reason for my skin clearing up. Amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this more than once. The lather was so-so and hard to disperse. I cut it small and the pieces wouldn't lather. I cut it big and it dried up. Too much trouble. Sorry LUSH, this was a fail. Otherwise, the ingredients are calming to acne prone or troubled skin. The smell is not offensive and it did help with my acne when paired with their other acne products.

I heard the formula was tweaked since I last used this (early 2010) so I may give it a second chance. Until then, I don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by hurleycutie142

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow im an idiot... so i listened to the lush sales person and she talked about how its a wonderful daily face wash blah blah blah... and so i used this 2 times a day... and omg my skin is so dry... and its weird cause my face all together is super oily... ughhh this has never happened so for the next couple of days im going to stop using to get my face back to normal... also i still am getting breakouts on my now dry cheeks and chin... wtf lush! well now i guess ill use it as a spot treatment and see if i like that...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

While this soap is pretty drying, I must say why this is so incredible. No, I do not use it as a facial wash soap. HOWEVER, whenever i have a breakout, I pretty much drench my blemish is Fresh Farmacy and leave it overnight and in the morning it is GONE!! If you repeat this the second night, any redness or sign of the blemish is gone. This stuff is amazing, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a face wash! Also, when you go to Lush, ask them to cut you off a very small piece - even if you use it as a soap. This stuff dries up and if you keep it for more thatn 4-6 months, it basically won't be useable. But, because i use it as a blemish treatment, I really just get a tiny amount and it lasts me a while!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by emmilyroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It is a very nice facial soap that does keep my skin in order, although at times it does dry out certain areas of my skin. Otherwise, it is wonderful!