September 24, 2014 | 1492 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sophieerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I was on the LUSH website about a week ago this caught my eye in the cleansers section, I had previously been looking for a cleanser that would be good for acne, but soothing at the same time and also to help redness. I hadn't found anything until I found this. I went to the nearby LUSH to purchase and have been using it every since. I use it day and night and then follow with LUSH's Vanishing Cream moisturiser. They work really well together and the Fresh Farmacy's definitely giving me the results I want and need. A big plus side to this is that even for just 100g you get a lot of product which lasts you for about 5 - 7 months ! Would definitely recommend to anyone with acne prone skin or needs help with redness etc. also very calming and soothing like it claims!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by burgois

I bought this because I had acne and I was told it would soothe my skin. How wrong I was. The first time I used this my forehead began to sting and itch like you wouldn't believe. I had to get it off straight away and stuck my head in a basin full of cold water just to cool it down. The next couple of days afterwards I had little red bumps on my forehead. Very strange reaction and clearly there's an ingredient that didn't agree with my skin. I would never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by koragemma

Fresh Farmacy has almost completely cured my acne!
I've been using it for about 2 years, twice a day and love what it's done for me, pretty much right from the beginning. I have combination/oily skin and have been battling acne since I was a teen (now in mid twenties). It might be too drying for dry skin. Its calamine and chamomile have calmed my skin down, made it less oily, and now I only get pimples around my time of month (used to be a daily heartbreaking battle!).
I've tried lots of cleaners and scrubs to fight my acne, but maybe they just were too harsh and chemically for my skin (mine is moderately sensitive).
One con is sometimes it doesn't want to rinse off and will leave a white film, but when that happens its usually because I didn't get it foamed up enough in my hands first. Because it's natural, it can either melt if left in water, or dry out if it's been a while from the store. I keep it in a travel soap box so I can keep it lidded. (If it dries out just put a little bit of water in the soap dish with it and it'll get nice and creamy again) That small con is worth the huge benefit! The 3.5 ounce bar will last forever- I cut it in half and each half lasts 2-3 months. $10 for 6 months of product is a steal!
It would be PERFECT if it also exfoliated, or left my skin softer, which it does not, but I just use other products for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

The sales lady at Lush gave me a sample of this since I occasionally breakout on my forehead. I have combination skin and have been using it for the past week and a bit and have noticed a pretty big difference in the appearance of my skin. The couple of pimples that I had on my forehead have now shrunk massively! I'm pretty happy with the way my skin is looking now since some of the redness around my nose is also clearing up. It contains calamine powder which is what is helping clearing away the redness, and the floral oils of chamomile, rose, tea tree and lavender help to soothe skin. After using this, my skin feels tighter and also slightly drier which is why I didn't give it 5 lippy's. I think if you occasionally get the odd breakout and want a fast solution, you should definitely try this out. But for very oily acne-prone skin, I don't think it might be the best solution since their 'coal face' soap may be better. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the Lush cleanser I use every night before I sleep. I buy small pieces, roughly $5 worth, and then cut it in thirds to use. I wet my face and rub the cleanser on my face directly. Because a little goes a long way, each small piece lasts me around 2 months. This cleanser has helped clear up the acne on my dry, sensitive skin. Additionally, it doesn't dry out my skin further or irritate my skin. This is definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

HG product! I had perfect skin until my 20's and then I started having breakouts but fresh farmacy has truly changed my whole skin care routine. I'm oily, with dry spots in winter. Loves it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a so-so product for me, it's not bad but neither is it great. For reference my skin is mostly normal but with an oily nose and very prone to clogging and the odd pimple.

I've been using this cleanser for just over 2 months and it has not been the cause of any of my pimples so though oils do the majority of cleansing my face this has done a nice job of removing what is left of the oil/makeup, the smell is non-offensive and it lasts a really long time so it is a good product (I spent just over 5 on a chunk and I still have 2/3 of it left) but I just can't stand it when a cleanser makes my skin squeak (nor can I stand a shampoo that makes my hair squeak) as I'm not convinced that means it is clean and it does feel as though this cleanser is leaving some sort of film on my skin that water won't wash away - I don't notice it once my skin is dry but it does feel alarmingly slimy whilst my skin is wet. Like I said, it hasn't been the cause of breakouts so I don't know what that film is but it is quite a turn off for me so I won't repurchase nor will I use the remaining cleanser on my face but I will use it up on my body.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed by this. This is supposed to be good for sensitive skin because of the calomine and chamomile.
This soap gave that "squeaky-clean" feel, like your face is so clean it's dry. It was difficult to lather against my face so I lathered in my hands, hence rendering the exfoliation useless. Overall: would not recommend for sensitive skin types and those who like creamier, more mosturizing facial soaps, and because it's not that cheap! Smells decent though, very light and mild.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ClubNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff dried my skin out big time. It made my skin feel soft and smooth, but at the same time taught and uncomfortable. I used it about 3 times before I gave up.

I have sensitive skin with an oily T-zone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

I have oily and acne prone skin but this made my skin WAY too dry. I don't recommend it for those who have the tendency to get dry skin with certain products even if you have oily skin because this will dry you out. I think soap cleansers are too drying in general though, so unless you REALLY need it, try something else!