LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 6/3/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

True Rating: 3.5/5.0

I bought this cleanser in addition to the Herbalism cleanser to try them for the acne treatment properties. See my other review if you're interested.

This cleanser comes in bar form so its better transportation wise than Herbalism. A little of the bar does go a long way so the price isn't too bad. The ingredients include tea tree oil, chamomile, rose and lavender oil. The tea tree oil is what provides the acne treatment because it has anti bacterial properties. The rest of the oils are there to calm skin etc.

I've been using the bar soap for about a month now and I've still had breakouts. They weren't caused by the product but I wouldn't say this is a miracle, must have product. The bar soap leaves a squeaky clean that most would have to follow with moisturizer.

Overall I wouldn't say this is a bad cleanser but I wouldn't say its a miracle product. You would still need an exfoliater, and a moisturizer. This is a natural product though if you love that type of thing. I also wouldn't repurchase because the sales people I find to be way too pushy. continued >>

This is a very good basic cleanser. I have tried many cleansers and I didn't feel like they were actually doing a very good job a cleansing my skin like they should. They never really helped with my minor/medium skin issues either. After using this I moisturize immediately because my skin has a tendency to get dry/patchy/red. It makes my skin feel very clean. You don't need much at all, so it lasts forever. Make sure you store it in a dry place. I haven't had any major breakouts since I've been using this, and I feel like my skin is congested as it used to be. So BIG thumbs up for that!

on 5/26/2011 5:13:00 PM

Was on the pill for 7 years got off it and skin went nuts.Blemishes on my neck ,checks,t-zone.I'm recently switched to more natural products and read other reviews and decided to give it a shot .Glad I did although it has not wiped my problems away it has helped calm them down less redness and soreness .I Don't like how it does seem to dry out my skin and tighten it but after a hour or so it seems to loosen up. It is not the most expensive face wash but it seem to do it's money's worth.I will keep using it.

on 5/9/2011 5:47:00 PM

When I was on the LUSH website about a week ago this caught my eye in the cleansers section, I had previously been looking for a cleanser that would be good for acne, but soothing at the same time and also to help redness. I hadn't found anything until I found this. I went to the nearby LUSH to purchase and have been using it every since. I use it day and night and then follow with LUSH's Vanishing Cream moisturiser. They work really well together and the Fresh Farmacy's definitely giving me the results I want and need. A big plus side to this is that even for just 100g you get a lot of product which lasts you for about 5 - 7 months ! Would definitely recommend to anyone with acne prone skin or needs help with redness etc. also very calming and soothing like it claims!

on 5/6/2011 10:53:00 PM

I bought this because I had acne and I was told it would soothe my skin. How wrong I was. The first time I used this my forehead began to sting and itch like you wouldn't believe. I had to get it off straight away and stuck my head in a basin full of cold water just to cool it down. The next couple of days afterwards I had little red bumps on my forehead. Very strange reaction and clearly there's an ingredient that didn't agree with my skin. I would never buy this again.

on 5/6/2011 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Fresh Farmacy has almost completely cured my acne!
I've been using it for about 2 years, twice a day and love what it's done for me, pretty much right from the beginning. I have combination/oily skin and have been battling acne since I was a teen (now in mid twenties). It might be too drying for dry skin. Its calamine and chamomile have calmed my skin down, made it less oily, and now I only get pimples around my time of month (used to be a daily heartbreaking battle!).
I've tried lots of cleaners and scrubs to fight my acne, but maybe they just were too harsh and chemically for my skin (mine is moderately sensitive).
One con is sometimes it doesn't want to rinse off and will leave a white film, but when that happens its usually because I didn't get it foamed up enough in my hands first. Because it's natural, it can either melt if left in water, or dry out if it's been a while from the store. I keep it in a travel soap box so I can keep it lidded. (If it dries out just put a little bit of water in the soap dish with it and it'll get nice and creamy again) That small con is worth the huge benefit! The 3.5 ounce bar will last forever- I cut it in half and each half lasts 2-3 months. $10 for 6 months of product is a steal!
It would be PERFECT if it also exfoliated, or left my skin softer, which it does not, but I just use other products for that.

on 4/28/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The sales lady at Lush gave me a sample of this since I occasionally breakout on my forehead. I have combination skin and have been using it for the past week and a bit and have noticed a pretty big difference in the appearance of my skin. The couple of pimples that I had on my forehead have now shrunk massively! I'm pretty happy with the way my skin is looking now since some of the redness around my nose is also clearing up. It contains calamine powder which is what is helping clearing away the redness, and the floral oils of chamomile, rose, tea tree and lavender help to soothe skin. After using this, my skin feels tighter and also slightly drier which is why I didn't give it 5 lippy's. I think if you occasionally get the odd breakout and want a fast solution, you should definitely try this out. But for very oily acne-prone skin, I don't think it might be the best solution since their 'coal face' soap may be better. :)

on 4/22/2011 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the Lush cleanser I use every night before I sleep. I buy small pieces, roughly $5 worth, and then cut it in thirds to use. I wet my face and rub the cleanser on my face directly. Because a little goes a long way, each small piece lasts me around 2 months. This cleanser has helped clear up the acne on my dry, sensitive skin. Additionally, it doesn't dry out my skin further or irritate my skin. This is definitely a repurchase.

on 4/13/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG product! I had perfect skin until my 20's and then I started having breakouts but fresh farmacy has truly changed my whole skin care routine. I'm oily, with dry spots in winter. Loves it!!

on 4/6/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a so-so product for me, it's not bad but neither is it great. For reference my skin is mostly normal but with an oily nose and very prone to clogging and the odd pimple.

I've been using this cleanser for just over 2 months and it has not been the cause of any of my pimples so though oils do the majority of cleansing my face this has done a nice job of removing what is left of the oil/makeup, the smell is non-offensive and it lasts a really long time so it is a good product (I spent just over 5 on a chunk and I still have 2/3 of it left) but I just can't stand it when a cleanser makes my skin squeak (nor can I stand a shampoo that makes my hair squeak) as I'm not convinced that means it is clean and it does feel as though this cleanser is leaving some sort of film on my skin that water won't wash away - I don't notice it once my skin is dry but it does feel alarmingly slimy whilst my skin is wet. Like I said, it hasn't been the cause of breakouts so I don't know what that film is but it is quite a turn off for me so I won't repurchase nor will I use the remaining cleanser on my face but I will use it up on my body.