August 23, 2014 | 1896 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by raeofsunshine

Love it love it love it . Best mineral makeup I've used !!!! When I went in I was having a breakout ugggh but the lady showed me just how well it covered and i was amazed !!! Ohh and she told me it has zinc in it so i researched it and zinc helps acne !!!!! woooo hoooo!!!!!!!!! Nice to know that there is a makeup out there that can help my skin =]]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by girliegalhev

Love this! It goes on really well after I moisturize my dry skin. I have very sensitive skin also and it doesn't seem to bother it at all. You get so much makeup also. I have use other mineral makeups but this is so far my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After much deliberation on this product, I think I've finally decided that I love it. At first, I had some trouble getting over the fact that it has a slight shimmer, since I have always liked my foundation very matte, but I've come to the conclusion that it is more of a glow. The coverage is surprisingly excellent, though I would still recommend using a concealer underneath. It just looks like beautiful, flawless skin. I actually found that it controls oil better than most other foundations I have used in the past.
EDIT: I've had a love/hate relationship w this foundation. I loved the way it looked initially, but as the day went on, I just felt sooooo shiny. This also made my skin itch and feel uncomfortable. I can't use this. I like something more matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LBinNH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would give this 4.5 lippies. It is really a fantastic mineral makeup. VERY natural looking. I use a lot of it and it doesn't look cakey at all. I only wish that they would make it in a compact form. I almost didn't buy it because I do not like the way loose powder gets all over the place when you apply it. But, I relied on MUA and went ahead and purchased anyway. Sure glad I did because it's the best mineral foundation I have ever used. Thanks MUAers!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by dbethch

My first experience with mineral makeup world was with Bare Escentuals and I had been pleased with it. But after trying the MN product I became an instant convert! It sits on my skin more naturally and doesn't show up my lines. The finish is very flattering, as if my face were "lit up". My MN consultant showed me a tip I very much like: put your blush or bronzer on first, under the foundation. I like the softer look and it's much more natural. Can't beat the price too--a much better deal than BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Tahoe17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really happy with the way this product made my face look younger and smoother after the girl at the shop gave me a free mini-facial. I didn't think twice about buying it, I think it's fabulous. It's also very, very lightweight and you don't feel you have any makeup on. One other thing, I haven't noticed it getting on any of my clothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by skye2123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 3 months now and really like it. I have really oily, blemish prone skin, and I'm always fighting the shine. I like this product because it gives me a matte look, it lasts all day, and it's one step! I wore BE for over a year, and I like this product better. My only complaint is that it doesn't work well as a concealer like the BE foundation does, but overall I like Merle Norman's mineral makeup better.
Update: While I still think this foundation is good, I've switched to Everyday Minerals because I like their color selection better plus they have a Matte formula. My face was still shiny with the Merele Norman Mineral makeup, and with oily skin, that's not what I wanted.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My comments are based on testing this product in the store. I felt that there wasn't buildable coverage and when I reapplied it just looked powdery, nothing else. I also must say that the store I went to was small, crowded and the saleperson was not particularly helpful. I tried this product, the brow powder, and lipstick. Just not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, everything I try in the Merle Norman foundation line has been fantastic! I have been wearing their liquid foundation mixed with my own moisturizer to create my own 'tinted moisturizer', with some of the ultra powder foundation on top. I started to think that I was getting to be a little too matte looking, and would try their mineral foundation on top instead of the powder foundation. Mind you, I have tried EM, Fyrinnae, and BE Minerals and none really did the trick. I tried the MN version and it looked good, but I was having a hard time getting it to not be too shiny, even with keeping the 'less is more' idea in mind. I literally had the foundation boxed up and ready to return, and decided I'd try one last ditch effort. I used the minerals by themself, without the 'tinted moisturizer' underneath, just my moisturizer alone....wonderful. I've found the best option is to apply it, dab some on with a concealer brush as concealer, add blush, do eye makeup, and then do one more very, very light layer. I realized that my face gets a little pink during the application (just from buffing the brush), and a few minutes later it looks great. Also, I dab a little pressed powder on (usually around an hour or two later), and I'm set for the day, literally. I have had extremely good luck with everything I have tried in the MN line. I am not terribly loyal either, I love trying new things, but can safely say there will always be MN products in my bag!! EDIT: After using for about 10 days, I started breaking out. :( Had to return it. But, see my review for Physican's Formula Talc Free Mineral Pressed Powder. It does what I wanted, and no breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

I REALLY LIKE THIS STUFF. THE COVERAGE IS GREAT, AND I NEED ALOT, BUT IT'S STILL NATURAL LOOKING, NOTHING LIKE A MASK. THE OTHER BIG PLUS IS THAT YOU GET TWICE THE PRODUCT FOR LESS THAN MOST OTHER HIGH-END MINERALS. I USED TO WEAR ARBONNE MINERALS, WHICH I STILL LOVE. I DECIDED I'D TRY MERLE NORMAN SINCE THERE IS A BOUTIQUE IN MY TOWN AND IT WOULD BE MORE READILY AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT, JUST GO GRAB SOME...YOU ALWAYS HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT ;-)