October 24, 2014 | 1004 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave in to the hype that swept the UK about this product and last week bought some.At this point....8 days later after following the instructions and applying it twice daily before moisturiser (Boots time dealay rejuvenating day moisturiser) I am so far very happy with the results.My dry/combination skin has only reacted in a positive way feeling smooth and I'm sure less crinkly around the crows feet area and enabling me to wear a concealer I had put to one side (Estee Lauder double wear) as it had previously looked too crepey.
My only gripe is that you seem to have to use quite a lot to cover face and neck and as a result may need to buy another tube fairly quickly but time will tell.
I would have preferred a pump dispenser which delivered a suitable amount for one application,as I may be putting on too much.
Will update in 3 weeks when I will apparently see results.
Edit...Much longer than 3 wks lol.Used the whole tube but felt that the effects were superficial and underneath it my skin looked the same as before using.Also felt the product was very "Chemically" if that makes sense and do prefer to use more natural products.Overall,not bowled over enough to buy another tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by nanabee22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE PROTECT AND PERFECT!!!!!!! Ive only been using it for 4 days and i already want to stock up on it before its not available again.there are no miracles, if you want one then mayby you should try getting into the anti wrinkle business. i suggest for anyone who says it does not work sorry but you should try changing your exercise and diet before its too late because remember you are what you eat, and exercise helps to clear your skin of toxins so that it enter your pores.This left my skin so so soft and my pores are not noticeable unlike before.my mom taught me well at 49 she looks like 35 so i have no wrinkles but i had puffiness in my face. im addicted to good skin care, thats why i reccommend good dieting, (so that creams enters your pores well) and boots along with creme de la mer (and a glass of wine!!!!!!).Dont leave the veggies on tour plate and remember your exercise and protein.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Nikiya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I managed to get one of these after a huge hype here in the UK left Boots' shelves empty and people queuing.
I did watch the program extoling the virtues of a moisturizer with vitamins C & E but after reading every label available could not spot which one it was, so I would really like to know why this is "the one".
Anyway, I have been using it for just a few days and cannot say if it makes a real difference. It is really pleasant to apply, feels very nice and absorbs quickly. However, I find my skin is stil "hungry" very soon afterwards. I am over 50 with dry skin. I wonder it someone else has had a similar experience....
I would not have given marks yet, but you must if you want to publish your review. I might change my views after a few weeks but wanted to share my experience in the meantime.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by cafscafe

I've been using this product for approx 6 weeks. I'm 38 with combination skin and occassional breakouts on my chin. I've been using this in the mornings only as I'm also a fan of Dr Hauschka products especially for cleansing which is against using night moisturisers (another story). Since using Protect & Perfect I have noticed a refinement of the large pores either side of my nose and a general improvement in skin tone and smoothness. I must add that I have been burning the candles at both ends for too long now and have shadows under my eyes most days from lack of sleep so that has damped the effect. Despite, I have had various comments over the last couple of weeks about how nice my skins looking, more interestingly from people I see regularly but do not know I have been using this! It may partly be purely cosmetic differences i.e, silcone etc but it really does seem to have made a difference even when I wake up in the morning without anything on my face from the night before. Bottom Line - There are no 'miracle' potions but this does work better than anything I've ever tried which is most of the High Street ranges. No breakouts or dry areas either.
P.S. Ponds Cold cream cleanser is superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

Gave into the hype and bought one 2 weeks ago once all the queues have died down. I was very skeptical about this and as I've been using avene ystheal I really thought I wasn't going to be seeing any difference to my skin. So it has been 2 weeks of twice daily use along with the Age Rewind Day cream and the Hydro Quench Overnight Cream Sorbert (yes, got sucked into the 3 for 2 as well... :P) and I must say my skin has never been better. But now I have no idea which one of these 3 new products is giving the result. To tell you the truth, I suspect it's the Age Rewind Day Cream because on my first application I was in a rush to go out so decided to start the Protect and Perfect in the evening and I already saw a significant difference in my skin. On first application my skin was already soft and glowing. Anyway, I don't really care which is doing the most good as long as all 3 work well together and don't cause breakouts/irritation on my sensitive skin! Yay, will continue to use this. On a side note, my mum has been using the Refine and Rewind way before this wave of Protect and Perfect madness. They say these 2 are very similar but the texture is very different and I much prefer the Protect and Perfect. Edit 20/07/07: It's been a few more weeks and I've stopped using the Age Rewind and Overnight Cream sorbet. They were clogging my pores like crazy! Took me at least 2 weeks to clear my skin again! And since I've stopped using them my skin has become even better than before, so it must be the Protect and Perfect that was doing the work! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The miracle serum that BBC or the whole Britain is raving about, the No7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum, as discussed today on MUA cafe board, basically is equivalent to this Restore and renew serum.

The following is from Boots in the U.S. official site:
"No7 Protect & Perfect was shown scientifically to repair photo-aged skin and improve the fine wrinkles associated with photo-ageing. No7 Protect & Perfect’s affect on collagen production is on par with the performance of retinoic-acid or Tretinoin - prescription drugs used to treat severe sun damage of the skin!
The good news is that Boots sells an equivalent product the US called No7 Restore & Renew Beauty Serum, which is a similar intensive serum which, in tests carried out by Boots in real-use conditions on their own volunteers, produced similarly strong results."

In short, Protect and perfect serum is equivalent to Restore and renew serum in the u. s. .

Actually I was reading on Cafe board today and saw people were talking about it; then I remember I have it myself for quite some days. I bought mine at Target too. This product didn't wow me at all. I suspect it contains silicone which gives artificial soomthness of your skin; that was why I stopped using it after few days.

I did little research today about the ingredients in this product.
It actually contains a lot of silicone.

The FIRST ingredient on the list is Cyclopentasiloxane: "Cyclopentasiloxane is a silicone fluid commonly used in cosmetics such as deodorants, sunblocks and hair sprays"

The forth ingredient on the list is Dimethicone crosspolymer:
Dimethicone is another name for Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS); it is the most widely used silicon-based organic polymer.

A lot of people got blocked pores or reacted badly ( such as breaking out) to silicone. You can find this out just by reading reviews on MUA.
So, just be very careful!

25 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 4:33:00 AM More reviews by fentti

Hi Ladies, I have been trying to get hold of this product for weeks but everytime I have gone to buy it its been sold out everywhere! Today however my fortunes changed and I managed to get hold of a bottle, I used my mums last night and this morning to try it out, as have quite sensitive skin, but so far no bad reactions or anything! for reference I am 28 yrs old and have quite sensitive, combo, fair skin! I will proceed to use the cream for the next couple of weeks and then let you know my results!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I've had this on the go now for just over a week, and boy am I impressed!!!!!
I usually hate serums as having combi skin they usually feel sticky and tacky and I can't tolerate wearing them for any length of time. This is absorbed very well indeed, leaves a very pleasant texture on the skin, and in even this short time is making a difference to my skin: it's clearer, less pigmented, it seems softer and slightly plumper and I do think my lines (not that I have that many ;-) ) are softening a bit. It's hugely better than the very expensive Prevage - which I had as a freebie (full size ) as a promotion on getting a subsription from Vogue magazine here in the UK. That stuff at 145 quid really stings and iritates and doesn't seem to do anything at all. Why pay almost £150 for hype when you can have something that works and which is nice to use for only £17? Now if only they can match this with an antiwrinkle eye cream at such a competitive price, I'll be a happy bunny indeed!!!
EDIT: April 08: Well the first flush of being impressed with this has worn off, as the benefits seem mainly to be in that first couple of months. * IF* this is still helping my collagen to build etc then I'm no longer aware of further improvement. I have a huge 'giant-sized' version of this and am now using it by day instead of night, having changed my regime slightly. Actually it works pretty well as a primer - far, far better than any primer I have tried before. I feel it's quite nice to have a primer which may be helping my skin in some way, but when I finish this and my Prevage I think I may invest in the IS Clinical Youth Complex and see if that is any better over time (having had a few samples to try recently, I feel it may be more 'active'). Anyway I have removed one lippie to account for this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bunnyclown

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the Refine & Rewind serum. It is terrific. I saw an immediate difference in my skin the first time I used it. I am so glad I read the reviews here and tried it. My face looks smoother and my pores are smaller. My face looks and feels great - so soft. I am addicted to this product. Bought it on sale at Target and have used 3/4 of the bottle so far. I use it after cleansing, then this serum, the Boots No. 7 moisture quench cream and Boots No. 7 tinted moisturizer. Love all the products I have tried in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Webster2000

I can't believe how great this product is! I've been using it for 18 days, and my skin is so much clearer and brighter. My pores are smaller too. Just fabulous. (I am 45 with combination skin and occasional breakouts.) Actually, I was so thrilled with the product that after just a few days I bought two more bottles! I use it at night and in the morning after cleansing and toner. At night I use Boots Time-Resisting night cream as well. In response to the previous post, you can buy this product at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada, and it sold under the name "Restore and Renew". "Refine and Rewind" is supposed to be a stronger formulation of the same product, but I haven't heard anything specific about its performance.