Lancome Hydra Zen

3.6

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stereate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Paeonia Suffruticosa/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Eugenol, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silica, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polycaprolactone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Capryl Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Geraniol, Farnesol, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Dextran Sulfate, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

on 3/3/2003 2:38:00 PM

Luckily I Got the sample of this before buying it.This was not moisturizing enough and I hated that strong perfume. And it does not even have sunscreen so that I could use it at summer when my skin is not so dry.

on 2/16/2003 3:36:00 PM

This is the worst moisturizer I have ever used. I tried it for a couple of weeks and my skin appeared drier during the time I was using this cream. Would not purchase again.

on 2/15/2003 5:00:00 PM

another mid-winter dryness-battling dud. it was all aromatherapy and no moisture. i think this is what finally made me stop buying lancome.

on 2/8/2003 3:15:00 AM

Less is always more with Lancome products, and if one does not slather this stuff on, the product does its job. I've now moved on to Gatineau face care, but I can see myself buying this again in a pinch. The smell doesn't turn me off, either.

on 1/31/2003 2:25:00 PM

This product was a nightmare. It smelled great but when I put it on my skin it did two things:
1: it left a sticky FILM on my face that lasted for hours
2: it made my foundation go on as though i was rubbing a rubber pencil-eraser over my skin, makeup looked caked AND blotchy and rolled off in places into little bits of foundation/hydra zen gunk.

Also, applying this product without makeup did NOTHING to "calm skin's tired appearance." Acticalm (tm) appears to be yet another gimmicky name for a set of standard drugstore emollients in pretty packaging.

Application was also tricky: too little and there were absolutely ZERO moisturizing effects, my oily/combo skin actually got CHAPPED in certain places. Too much of this product and it lays on the skin in a sticky film.

I'm disappointed by Lancome lately. Their products are gimmicky with little or no focus on actual science or clinical results and the fact that their quality has sunk below drugstore makes their counter the biggest sham at the department store.

on 12/21/2002 6:50:00 PM

I'm in love with this stuff! The cream-gel smoothes on like silk and absorbs quickly. I use it on my dry cheeks and it makes them feel soft and hydrated during the day. THe scent is so lovely and light and flowery :) continued >>

on 12/17/2002 6:15:00 AM

Felt this moisturiser really was very calming and although I don't normally like any scented face creams I didn't mind the gentle rose smell in this cream, which wears off quickly. However it does not contain any SPF which is a prerequisite for me for a day cream, and it's not moisturising enough to use at night time, so although I liked it enough to go through a couple of bottles, it didn't meet all my needs.

Am now using 'Hydrazen Nuit' which is the new(ish) nightcream version and I'm loving the light gel-cream texture and same subtle scent and calming effects on my skin.

on 10/17/2002 9:07:00 AM

Did really nothing special for my face!

I thought this was a pretty good moisturizer, though I agree with the review below that it probably would not be enough in the winter. It has a gellike texture, and a rose fragrance, that might bother or irritate some people.

on 8/2/2002 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my main moisturizer since the spring, and I'm almost finished with the bottle. My skin tends to be slightly oily in the summer, and I've been using a separate sunscreen, but break-outs have been pretty rare. I like the texture, the smell is pleasant enough, and it absorbs so easily that you end up needing to use a lot of product for your entire face. I'm not certain if this would do the job of heavy-duty moisturizing that I need in the winter. The cost will deter me from buying this again for myself, since I received it as a gift.

Popular Moisturizers