Lancome Hydra Zen

3.5

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stereate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Paeonia Suffruticosa/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Eugenol, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silica, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polycaprolactone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Capryl Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Geraniol, Farnesol, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Dextran Sulfate, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

I personally think this is a great product from lancome. The texture is just so beautiful to the senses. It smells great. I have combination skin with sensitive skin on the cheeks and oily skin in the T-zone. Well I have to say this product improves my texture a lot!! deeply calms and hydrate my dehydrated areas. HOwever, the shortcoming of this product is that it does not contain an SPF. So it might not be a good choice in summer time =)

btw, I use EL Idealist under this =) and the result is great!!

Ironic that this is supposed to calm skin, because any lotion with that much perfume (granted, it smells nice) tends to irritate skin. When a moisturizer stings upon application as Hydra Zen does, it has too much fragrance. The texture isn't bad, I kind of like it and see the appeal for others. The fluid isn't meant for dry skin, so if you are looking for mega-moisture, this might not be it. Itís nice and light, which can be a good thing, depending on the weather and other conditions that affect skin requirements. Without the scent, I can see it working well for combo skin. I do find some Lancome moisturizers roll-off under foundation, as humorously mentioned and well-described in another review, but I didnít experience it with this one. I tend to have the gunky-ball problem with sunscreen moisturizers, as I am trying to get complete coverage and use too much.

I used both the Hydra Zen cream and the pump bottle lotion a few years ago, then other products lured me away. I recently rediscovered these products in my cabinet and have fallen in love with them again. This winter, I fought the flakies constantly. When I started using the Hydra Zen products, the flakies disappeared. Both absorb nicely into my combination skin and I have also noticed a reduction in redness and general irritation. I usually use the heavier cream formula at night, then the lotion formula for day. I just wish that it had sunscreen!!

Luckily I Got the sample of this before buying it.This was not moisturizing enough and I hated that strong perfume. And it does not even have sunscreen so that I could use it at summer when my skin is not so dry.

This is the worst moisturizer I have ever used. I tried it for a couple of weeks and my skin appeared drier during the time I was using this cream. Would not purchase again.

another mid-winter dryness-battling dud. it was all aromatherapy and no moisture. i think this is what finally made me stop buying lancome.

Less is always more with Lancome products, and if one does not slather this stuff on, the product does its job. I've now moved on to Gatineau face care, but I can see myself buying this again in a pinch. The smell doesn't turn me off, either.

This product was a nightmare. It smelled great but when I put it on my skin it did two things:
1: it left a sticky FILM on my face that lasted for hours
2: it made my foundation go on as though i was rubbing a rubber pencil-eraser over my skin, makeup looked caked AND blotchy and rolled off in places into little bits of foundation/hydra zen gunk.

Also, applying this product without makeup did NOTHING to "calm skin's tired appearance." Acticalm (tm) appears to be yet another gimmicky name for a set of standard drugstore emollients in pretty packaging.

Application was also tricky: too little and there were absolutely ZERO moisturizing effects, my oily/combo skin actually got CHAPPED in certain places. Too much of this product and it lays on the skin in a sticky film.

I'm disappointed by Lancome lately. Their products are gimmicky with little or no focus on actual science or clinical results and the fact that their quality has sunk below drugstore makes their counter the biggest sham at the department store.

I'm in love with this stuff! The cream-gel smoothes on like silk and absorbs quickly. I use it on my dry cheeks and it makes them feel soft and hydrated during the day. THe scent is so lovely and light and flowery :) continued >>

Felt this moisturiser really was very calming and although I don't normally like any scented face creams I didn't mind the gentle rose smell in this cream, which wears off quickly. However it does not contain any SPF which is a prerequisite for me for a day cream, and it's not moisturising enough to use at night time, so although I liked it enough to go through a couple of bottles, it didn't meet all my needs.

Am now using 'Hydrazen Nuit' which is the new(ish) nightcream version and I'm loving the light gel-cream texture and same subtle scent and calming effects on my skin.