April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Xinya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love it. It's a basic lip balm with cherry flavor. My boyfriend gave this to me. I will use this balm and will try others if I finish this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mz_simmonz

Used to be one of my favorites when I was a kid but I become allergic to it--it made my lips sooo irritated, they turned bright red and flaked really badly and it took a whole week for them to get back to normal. Cherry and the Strawberry are the only 2 in this line that I'm allergic to, must be something in the red dye?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by lljohnson3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this chapstick, I use it every day and night. I like the light smell and it feels really nice on. I just wear it by itself, no lipstick or anything. I like simple healthy looking lips. HG lip product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cuz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oldie but goodie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I estimate that I have spent over $2000 on lipsticks and balms since I started wearing makeup. Not one of those lipsticks - high end or drugstore - make my lips look as good as Cherry Chapstick! This is very moisturising, leaves a sheer hint of color and gives my lips a natural shine. I'm not too bothered about the cherry flavor, if this was unflavored then I would still buy it for the way it makes my lips look. The packaging is basic, it is cheap and sold everywhere. It also seems to make my lips look more plumped. A definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by worldwidepigs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great lip balm with a little hint for rosy lips. Whenever I try new lip balms I always have to return to this one and I'm gonna stick with this one from now on. It's cheap, convienient, and it actually moisturizes.
The texture is not glossy or shiny. It gives a very natural supple moisturized look. Don't waste your money on more expensive products that don't work as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gotta say, Cherry ChapStick is largely a nostalgia thing for me-- each winter my dad would buy a couple of flavored ChapSticks for me and my brother and we would compulsively apply (and eat) them while skiing. This isn't the best cherry scent in the world (it has a medicinal tinge) but it is a very distinctive aroma and if you like it, you love it. I haven't noticed any discernible pink tint on my lips, and I'm a PPP. However, I really like the texture of this product-- once again, oldies but goodies do it best. It's smooth and creamy, but waxy enough to protect lips. The packaging isn't too classy (the cap is made of very thin plastic and the tube has plain text and no graphics) but the pleasure the product provides more than makes up for it. At $1-$2 a pop, how can you lose?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the cherry flavor only. This review is not for the quality of the lip product itself.

The Cherry flavor is a reliable classic that has been featured in magazines/t.v. (Cosmopolitan, Fashion Police) and as a celebrity bargain favorite. Girls like how Cherry Chapstick gives lips a sheer pinkish tint. The cherry flavor smells/tastes moderately pleasant too. It's the trusty lip balm flavor that I always come back to and have always used. It's also sold almost everywhere, which is convenient. However, I wish that the Cherry Chapstick gave off a more visible, darker, deeper, and redder tint like the Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. I also wish this balm was softer and creamier. I also wish it had a spf 15 instead of the spf 4.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What more could you want? Cherry Chapstick gives your lips a slight pink tint, it's cheap, and it keeps your lips moist but not sticky. When I used this every night while I slept, my lips were so soft all the time. It's perhaps a slight bit less "moisturizing" than Vaseline, but Cherry Chapstick is also more waxy so stays in place more. I always have some in my medicine cabinet.

I like this more than the pricier Kiehls #1 and Smith's Rosebud Salve, which I may have been allergic to since they actually dried my lips out. I like Cherry Chapstick a bit more than Vaseline, too, just because it's more portable and tinted. And it's far more portable, especially if you dislike dipping your fingers into a tub or that using that rounded applicator Cherry Vaseline tube has.

The only downsides to Cherry Chapstick? The Chapstick itself can get stuck in the tube, so you may have to push the substance back down into the tube after using it. (I just push with my lips.) The other downside happens to those of us who use lip products on the slant- you will eventually wear the lipstick into a very sharp slant, and you may eventually break the very tip off, which sometimes can't be salvaged. All in all, I don't think you can beat Cherry Chapstick when it comes to price and benefits. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by saffronh

This has to be my fave lip treament. After all that i have tried: Rosebud salve, Vaseline, aquaphor, Burt's bees, Softlips, Labello, Numerous H/E brands. I finally came back to this one night and have never looked back. Gives me a soft pink look to my lips and makes them oh so soft feeling. Works perfectly under drier lipstick formulas too. Never gooey, sticky, it's perfect! Will rebuy forever ;)