April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:21:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. It perfectly moisturized my lips and left time soft, plump, shiny, with a hint of natural redness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Minted Rose. It is my favorite out to the Smithís line (I havenít tried Brambleberry Rose yet, however it should be arriving at my house shortly thanks to www.sephora.com). I love the smell. I also love the consistency of the balm, which is similar to Vaseline. Minted Rose makes my lips shiny and it has a hint of color. It will enhance your natural lip color.

I also use this on my hands. My knuckles sometimes crack in winter due to the cold and dry weather paired with my compulsive hand washing. This balm (as well as the original Rosebud Salve and the Mentholated Salve) help soothe the dry patches. I love multiuse products.

I bought Minted Rose from www.drugstore.com (www.beauty.com).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this sephora exclusive product is great stuff. It plumps up the lips, gives just a hint of red color (with no pink tones), and has an ever-so-slight sheen to it. unlike many lip balms I've tried, it also does NOT dry out my lips! Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by bambi53

This is one of my favorites. It's very moisturizing and non sticky. The lips feel very soft, and they get a perfect shiny look. I like that the mint makes it feel, like it really works, without being too much.
Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sxy_blond

I do like this balm, its nice and moisturizing and non stickey. It does itsjob of protecting my lips from the cold Toronto winters. the packaging tends to be difficult to open, and since its a metal box, it can dent making it almost inpossible to open. I do not liek the red tint it leaves on lips, i prefer the look of the regular rosebud salve.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Am i the only that find the smell gagworthy? :\ I mean your nose is RIGHT above your mouths people! :P
Owwa :( I wanted these for so long and being in the UK i spent a little extra and ordered a few tins off eBay (which will be goin up onto my swap list). I do like the healthy slight red tint and tingle it gives but it's just not something i want to smell all day and i also found it didn't keep my lips moisturised very long at all.
As soon as i got these I compared it with my 'Rose & Co Cherry Kiss' lip balm which i prefer A LOTTT more, it's abit thicker &goopy..er than the Smith's (but i don't get any white stuff ..you know what im talking about!), it ALSO gives the same red tint, and ALSO comes in a cute vintage tin, aaand the lovely cherry scent DOESN'T make me wana gag! I doubt i'll be purchasing this again, not really worth the hassle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

Eh. This stuff just works ok. The mint version is 10x better than the original. This is a sheer moisturizer that adds a healthy glow to the lips - for about 10 minutes. It is very lightly tinted, but not so much so that my husband can not use. The color it gives is more of a natural lip color than an actual color. The mint is refreshing. It does not stay on all that long. I have to reapply more than once every hour.
The packaging is a real issue. It is really cute - I love the retro theme. But the container can be very hard to open. I have a few containers of this that have been sitting around because I can't get them open. I guess the cover just gets on there the wrong way, and when that happens, it is stuck. When I get desperate, I have to pry it open with my husband's swiss army knife, and it takes a long time. Now I just immediately put the salve into another container to avoid this problem.
The price is actually a bargain for the amount of use you should get out of it. One tub lasts me a year. Might repurchase, but DHC's lip cream is still the best lip moisturizer I have found. It can run circles around this and the tube is a lot more convenient than this rickety little tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by twizzyrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the original, which I liked okay, but only used it as one of many lipbalms. This one I use alll the time, and I've even stopped wearing anything else, which is weird for me because I've been addicted to lipstick and stains forever. I agree with the previous reviewer that it leaves a slight tint- it looks so pretty. I think the little tin is really cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

I absolutely love this product! It's so much better than the original. If you're stuck between the two, definitely opt for this one. Not only does it have a lovely fresh feeling - it's got the slightest natural tint to it.

I wish Smith's would make a cheek stain with the same tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the mint version of my favorite rosebud salve! Great flavor, great consistency. I keep this at my desk at work. You get a lot of product for $7 and the tin lasts me forever.