Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 5/15/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

yes,absolutely yes that I would definetely buying this product AGAIN!
any kind of products with Petroleum base used to put me off..yuck!
but this is different!,I like it better than the original Smith's rosebud(still I love them both).it makes my super dried and sensitive lips moist and healthy,and it even add a little colour to my lips!I love the minty and rosey smell.another plus is that it can heal itching,irritation,redness,burns etc..Fantastic!

PS,I'm a junkie of retro tins..so it add the extra pluses!!

on 5/12/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's exacty the same thing as the original salve, except this one contains tingly peppermint which I can feel on my lips probably for 5 seconds! When I bought this product, I was hoping that the slight pinkish hue will add a bit of colour to my lips. Turned out it doesn't happen. As they sell this product more expensive than the original salve in Melbourne, I wish I had sticked to the original Smith's Rosebud salve.

on 4/25/2008 3:39:00 AM

i adore this balm. it's just as moisturizing and healing as the strawberry & original balms, but with a little extra punch. the mint definitely gives your lip a little tingle and it provides a great light lip color tint. it's slightly stickier than the other two, but still alright to wipe off excess on yourself for moisturizing (great for dry fingers or cuticles!) rosebud salves are the best balms i've found!

on 4/21/2008 3:53:00 PM

i LOVE this balm, its my favorite, although i am intrigued by the Brambleberry one... i havent seen it newhere... but neways this is a nice subtle mint and rose, and it gives a sheer reddish color and gloss to my lips.. ive been using the same tin for a year or so now and i still have alot left! it is def. my go to lip treatment whenever my lips or dry or just need a little color. i hope they never discontinue this!! and the mint is this is nice because it freshens ur breath! LOVE

on 3/18/2008 3:59:00 AM

I always have this in my purse!This is the only thing that does not dry my lips out. I tried the C.O. Bigelow salve but that one still doesn't do this justice. The bright red turns into a really pretty light tint on my lips. Plus I love mint-flavored things so I was really excited when they finally came out with this.The only downside is the packaging...I don't like dipping my finger into the goop. But I figure it's so thick it would be hard to package into a tube or something else

on 2/17/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked this the best of all the Smith's salves, think of it as a perfect combination between the original rosebud salve and the strawberry salve with the best of both-the moisture and scent of the original with the color and slightly more smooth texture of the strawberry. Beautiful sheer red color and tingles a bit, also love the minty scent. And the packaging is great as always. It is not as thick or as moisturizing as the rosebud, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on what you like, and you do have to reapply. But, all things considered it is one of the best lip balms I've found.

on 2/16/2008 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the original Rosebud Salve, I fell in love with it instantly. After reading the good reviews of the Minted Rose Lip Balm, I went out immediately to purchase it, thinking it would offer the same results of my much loved original rose,(or maybe more.) Was I disappointed. I really wanted to like this product and tried it several times. I found that although it has a nice minty taste, it was lighter on my lips and I needed to reapply more often. I found that it did not leave my lips as moisturized or softer than the original. I will definitely stick to the original.....why mess with a good thing.

on 1/29/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this much more than the original one (I don't like the heavy honey tasts and smell of that one). I like that the salve lasts, and gives me a fresh feeling due to the oil of peppermint. I don't like the animal rights hype on the packaging though; people are animals and it's been tested on people. That's immoral to some of us.

I just edited down my review because like some recent reviewers, I can't get the lid off the new tins. I'm leaving the lid partially covering the salve, which isn't the best especially when I have windows open and neighbors are repointing their brick chimney (did not know until after the fact).

I hope to get it in the tube from now on, and if I do, I'll raise my rating accordingly back to what it was.

Based on the many positive reviews for this lip balm on MUA, I thought I had a real winner. I mean, for the first few minutes my lips looked healthy! They felt and looked moisturized, not greasy. The peppermint was a nice touch too. However....after that first few minutes were up, my lips became extremely dry. There were lines that I didn't even know I had! My lips looked like raisins to say the least. I doubt I'll try the original balm because of this. It's not worth the hassle and money.

But the tin container looks sharp. I didn't have any trouble opening it unlike some people. I'll keep it and fill it up with vaseline.

on 1/15/2008 11:36:00 PM

Like many here, my fav of all the Smith's Rosebud balms! I cannot stand the smell of the original rose (or the artificial strawberry for that matter), so this light mint is a nice compromise. I also like how the mint isn't super overpowering and doesn't cause your lips to sting like Burts Bees lip balm (with the peppermint content) does.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of that big pot packaging as it's bulky and unsanitary (although you DO get a lot of bang for your buck).

The balm goes on glossy and shiny - the consistency of a thinned vaseline, and gives your lips an ever-so-slightly reddish tint.

It's a great balm if you like glossy lips, but not my overall fav in terms of colour or moisturizing properties - I'll go back to my prada #2 lip tint for that one :)

Popular Lip Treatments