September 17, 2014 | 1761 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this much more than the original one (I don't like the heavy honey tasts and smell of that one). I like that the salve lasts, and gives me a fresh feeling due to the oil of peppermint. I don't like the animal rights hype on the packaging though; people are animals and it's been tested on people. That's immoral to some of us.

I just edited down my review because like some recent reviewers, I can't get the lid off the new tins. I'm leaving the lid partially covering the salve, which isn't the best especially when I have windows open and neighbors are repointing their brick chimney (did not know until after the fact).

I hope to get it in the tube from now on, and if I do, I'll raise my rating accordingly back to what it was.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

Based on the many positive reviews for this lip balm on MUA, I thought I had a real winner. I mean, for the first few minutes my lips looked healthy! They felt and looked moisturized, not greasy. The peppermint was a nice touch too. However....after that first few minutes were up, my lips became extremely dry. There were lines that I didn't even know I had! My lips looked like raisins to say the least. I doubt I'll try the original balm because of this. It's not worth the hassle and money.

But the tin container looks sharp. I didn't have any trouble opening it unlike some people. I'll keep it and fill it up with vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many here, my fav of all the Smith's Rosebud balms! I cannot stand the smell of the original rose (or the artificial strawberry for that matter), so this light mint is a nice compromise. I also like how the mint isn't super overpowering and doesn't cause your lips to sting like Burts Bees lip balm (with the peppermint content) does.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of that big pot packaging as it's bulky and unsanitary (although you DO get a lot of bang for your buck).

The balm goes on glossy and shiny - the consistency of a thinned vaseline, and gives your lips an ever-so-slightly reddish tint.

It's a great balm if you like glossy lips, but not my overall fav in terms of colour or moisturizing properties - I'll go back to my prada #2 lip tint for that one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by rapkat0021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this all the time on my lips. It gives my lips a slight barely noticeable red tint.
I dont really use it on my skin.
Didn't give the packaging quality a 5 because it's pretty freaking disgusting dipping my dirty fingers into it and putting it on my lips. Oh well. :) I'm a dirty girl anyways. Hahaha jk

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by anniemoos

This looks reddish in the package, but completely colorless on my pigmented lips. I really like the mint flavor; it feels refreshing when I first apply it. I know that this is basically scented petroleum jelly, but to me, it feels a little lighter and less oily than plain vaseline (may just be my imagination).

I like the way the packaging looks; but the tin is a little big for a pants pocket or small clutch, sometimes it's a bit hard to close, and it could be unsanitary to use on-the-go without also toting around a lip brush. I sometimes use it on my cuticles, too. Overall, pretty good, but not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:21:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. It perfectly moisturized my lips and left time soft, plump, shiny, with a hint of natural redness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Minted Rose. It is my favorite out to the Smithís line (I havenít tried Brambleberry Rose yet, however it should be arriving at my house shortly thanks to www.sephora.com). I love the smell. I also love the consistency of the balm, which is similar to Vaseline. Minted Rose makes my lips shiny and it has a hint of color. It will enhance your natural lip color.

I also use this on my hands. My knuckles sometimes crack in winter due to the cold and dry weather paired with my compulsive hand washing. This balm (as well as the original Rosebud Salve and the Mentholated Salve) help soothe the dry patches. I love multiuse products.

I bought Minted Rose from www.drugstore.com (www.beauty.com).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this sephora exclusive product is great stuff. It plumps up the lips, gives just a hint of red color (with no pink tones), and has an ever-so-slight sheen to it. unlike many lip balms I've tried, it also does NOT dry out my lips! Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by bambi53

This is one of my favorites. It's very moisturizing and non sticky. The lips feel very soft, and they get a perfect shiny look. I like that the mint makes it feel, like it really works, without being too much.
Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sxy_blond

I do like this balm, its nice and moisturizing and non stickey. It does itsjob of protecting my lips from the cold Toronto winters. the packaging tends to be difficult to open, and since its a metal box, it can dent making it almost inpossible to open. I do not liek the red tint it leaves on lips, i prefer the look of the regular rosebud salve.