Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite of the Smith's Rosebud Salves (I've tried original and strawberry, too). The texture is a little goopy, and it tends to melt easily. The scent is really mild and the mint feels great- nice and tingly without being too intense (like lip venom- ouch!). It also has a faint reddish tint on my lips. I wish the packaging was a stick or tube so I didn't have to use my hands, but otherwise I love this stuff and will definitely buy it again. The tin lasts a long time, too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this product since I see it on so many must-have lists, and the little tin is very cute and retro. But I couldn't figure out why I kept putting it in the drawer and using something else. Then I read that it contains borax. (I checked on several websites to be sure.) That explains it - borax is used in small amount as an emulsifier - it helps oil-based and water-based ingredients to mix together smoothly. But borax is also a desiccant. That means it is a drying agent. Now, there is probably only a tiny amount in the tin, but still, I don't want a drying agent in my lip moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the texture, scent, and tingle of this product, but I hate how red it makes my lips. I wasn't expecting it to be so tinted; it's almost like a brighter version of BeneTint. My lips are already deeply pigmented and don't need the extra colour, and against my pale skin I feel like this makes me look clownish. I wouldn't buy it again myself, but I would recommend it to someone who likes minty lip balms that are light in texture, and provide a bit of a tint and gloss. The scent is unusual and, in my opinion, fantastic, and the tin is adorable (if a bit hard to open).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

yes,absolutely yes that I would definetely buying this product AGAIN!
any kind of products with Petroleum base used to put me off..yuck!
but this is different!,I like it better than the original Smith's rosebud(still I love them both).it makes my super dried and sensitive lips moist and healthy,and it even add a little colour to my lips!I love the minty and rosey smell.another plus is that it can heal itching,irritation,redness,burns etc..Fantastic!

PS,I'm a junkie of retro tins..so it add the extra pluses!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's exacty the same thing as the original salve, except this one contains tingly peppermint which I can feel on my lips probably for 5 seconds! When I bought this product, I was hoping that the slight pinkish hue will add a bit of colour to my lips. Turned out it doesn't happen. As they sell this product more expensive than the original salve in Melbourne, I wish I had sticked to the original Smith's Rosebud salve.

i adore this balm. it's just as moisturizing and healing as the strawberry & original balms, but with a little extra punch. the mint definitely gives your lip a little tingle and it provides a great light lip color tint. it's slightly stickier than the other two, but still alright to wipe off excess on yourself for moisturizing (great for dry fingers or cuticles!) rosebud salves are the best balms i've found!

i LOVE this balm, its my favorite, although i am intrigued by the Brambleberry one... i havent seen it newhere... but neways this is a nice subtle mint and rose, and it gives a sheer reddish color and gloss to my lips.. ive been using the same tin for a year or so now and i still have alot left! it is def. my go to lip treatment whenever my lips or dry or just need a little color. i hope they never discontinue this!! and the mint is this is nice because it freshens ur breath! LOVE

I always have this in my purse!This is the only thing that does not dry my lips out. I tried the C.O. Bigelow salve but that one still doesn't do this justice. The bright red turns into a really pretty light tint on my lips. Plus I love mint-flavored things so I was really excited when they finally came out with this.The only downside is the packaging...I don't like dipping my finger into the goop. But I figure it's so thick it would be hard to package into a tube or something else

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked this the best of all the Smith's salves, think of it as a perfect combination between the original rosebud salve and the strawberry salve with the best of both-the moisture and scent of the original with the color and slightly more smooth texture of the strawberry. Beautiful sheer red color and tingles a bit, also love the minty scent. And the packaging is great as always. It is not as thick or as moisturizing as the rosebud, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on what you like, and you do have to reapply. But, all things considered it is one of the best lip balms I've found.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the original Rosebud Salve, I fell in love with it instantly. After reading the good reviews of the Minted Rose Lip Balm, I went out immediately to purchase it, thinking it would offer the same results of my much loved original rose,(or maybe more.) Was I disappointed. I really wanted to like this product and tried it several times. I found that although it has a nice minty taste, it was lighter on my lips and I needed to reapply more often. I found that it did not leave my lips as moisturized or softer than the original. I will definitely stick to the original.....why mess with a good thing.

Popular Lip Treatments