October 25, 2014 | 1635 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

AMAZING! There isn't much I can add that hasn't been said before but if you have fairly nice skin and are looking for a lightweight, medium coverage, very natural finish foundation with quick/easy application that doesn't oxidize then this is the foundation for you. I have invested in many foundations and the SKII AirTouch is by far the most natural looking foundation I have experienced....it beat out GA, CdP, MAC, La Mer, BB, LM, MUFE, Vincent Longo, Kevyn Aucion, Kanebo among a few hands down. It just gives me a dewy/polished fresh face look that doesn't look heavy or chalky at a fraction of the time it would take me to apply normal foundation with a brush. There are drawbacks but they haven't been a deterrent for me yet. You do need to keep beyond the 4" zone when applying otherwise it does go on too thick, once applied it does take a few minutes to dry, the foundation packet needs to be removed and capped if you don't use it everyday otherwise it will dry out and finally, the color selection is very limited. I was lucky enough to find a very close match with op3....for reference I'm a LM Warm Ivory, CdP O10, GA LSF/MSF #4. I also want to mention that I have oily skin and I use Shiseido spf55 cream as a base since it seems to help the foundation stay on longer. I just think the whole concept is innovative and execution is amazing. Thrilled with my purchase and would highly recommend! UPDATE:I found it hard to get refills once it pulled out from my bloomingdale's so I've moved on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mocha147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This little machine is the bomb laides! I have pinkish, combonation skin with some redness from Retin-A micro, and the Air Touch was able to even out my complexion greatly. However ladies, make sure you hold the machine at the right distance! Too close, and it looks a bit cakey(first time I applied i held it way too close). Make sure it's at least 4 inches away from your face, and you should have no problems! I used the OP-1 shade, and it really works wonders for my pale slightly red face. I recommend OP-1 to pale individuals. I really like the fact that the foundation greatly improves the skin, yet it doesn't look like makeup! For most people, a quick, 30 second "mist" should do fine. Those who want a lot of coverage or a super polished look, go for about 40-60 seconds. The application was a dream too! I didn't even realize foundation was coming out the first time I used! Bottom line, great product, obviously not cheap, but worth the bucks. Again, the look is natural, and one is left with a great complexion. I know some individuals have had problems with the colors and application, but after one use, I learned how to easily apply. If you can afford it and find the right shade of foundation, I easily recommend this product! BRAVO to SKII!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkpetal

Until i tried GA Lsf had been using this but there is no comparison. This is great if you have almost perfect skin but doesn't give much coverage and when you start to layer it draws more attention to anywhere your trying to cover. It also takes forever to dry and rubs off easily if you touch your face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by shoobysue1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! This foundation spray is amazing, it makes my skin look perfect and its far from perfect. It looks smooth soft and even, the only downfall is the price, but I will repurchase this product - I love it!

I am a NC25-30 in MAC, I was give BP4 (rosy tone) by the SA as the OP3 was too yellow, they only do 4 colours in the UK: OP1, OP3, BP4 and BR6. I found the BP4 a bit pink so after researching the internet I ordered OB2 from Japan which is a natural undertone (no pink) this is a much better match it is near enough the same colour as MAC NC25.
    UPDATE: I have now purchased the BE2 (beige with a slight yellow undertone) which has slightly more colour than the OB2 it is more nearer to MAC NC25-NC30. It is a perfect match for me.

I love putting my foundation on in the morning and my skin is not as greasy anymore, I use this with the SKII Facial treatment essence and Advanced Signs Treatment my skin has dramatically improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Wow, wow, wow! I think I have finally found my HG!!!! This foundation totally blew me away! I have never felt so happy and excited in a foundation before! Even my boyfriend loved it! This foundation gives you medium coverage, if not, full..it is definitely buildable, yet at the same time, it gives you a natural-looking, polished finish! It is not so matte, not so dewy, it just looks so natural! For a medium-full coverage, it doesn't feel heavy compared to other foundations I've tried such as Estee Lauder Double Wear. Another thing I love about this is that it lasts all day too. Their color shades run very light. I am a very light-skinned asian girl, and I got matched for their darket shade, br6. This definitely costs a FORTUNE, but to me, it is worth it!! Their gadget is so nifty. I will definitely repurchase this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I haven't decided if I should be glad that I sauntered over to the SKII counter at Bloomie's on 59th, or if, for my wallet's sake, if I should simply have just stayed away! I've been intrigued by this foundation since its launch, but was too afraid of the hefty price tag to dare to try it. However, on Friday afternoon, without the sensibility of a shopping partner, I plunked down the $150 and got this foundation!

For reference, I am an NC20 in MAC, Stila 30 Watts, Estee Lauder Linen, and I was matched with the color OP-3, which is probably one of the most flawless matches that I have seen in a while.

As other reviewers have described, there is a slight learning curve to learning to use this product. You must hold it at 4-inches from your face -- any closer, and it has a tendency to go on clumpy -- any further, and you're just dispersing foundation into the air. I use the "droplet" function to put a couple of drops around my nose before I go to the "on" functiion to mist my face. I do my face in sections -- forehead first, then right cheek, then nose/chin, and then left cheek. I've been using up-and-down motions, which has worked pretty well.

The mist is very, very light on the face, and the particles come out very fine. Compared to aerosol sprays like DiorFlash and Era, the mist of the SKII hardly feels like anything -- just an ever-so-slight breeze on the face. Because of this, the coverage is buildable, and you can do several layers without any sort of cakiness. Due to the ion technology employed by the SKII machine, the mist also doesn't get all over the hair and eyebrows or clothes (as the Dior always did). I was wearing a white dress shirt when I applied this foundation this morning, and my shirt is perfectly white and unmarred.

To this end, you have to make sure your face is evenly and throughly moisturized for the best effect. I think the ions make the foundation attracted to moisture, so it helps to apply a light lotion first.

As for the actual quality of the foundation, it is sheer and lightweight, yet miraculously evens out the complexion. Obviously, for dark circles and blemishes, I still use a concealer beforehand, but this foundation does a good job at evening everything out. It also has a dewy finish, which I personally like (I think it makes the skin look more natural), although those who are used to super-matte might find it hard to get used to. It has an imperceptible finish -- just looks like my skin is really nice, not that I'm wearing foundation.

I've only been using this since Friday, but I really love it. I think this will be my HG. It's quick to apply (about 1 minute), and I don't have to worry about getting my hands dirty or having to use a sponge/brush. My only complaint is the price, but if I continue to have good results with this, then I will continue to use it!

I highly recommend to anyone looking for a sheer foundation!
    continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by PrincessT28

I love everything about this foundation except the price; of course, the initial investment is more expensive because of the airbrush applicator, and the refills are more affordable. It also takes a little bit of time to master applying the product properly. The first couple of times, I got overly excited and sprayed way too much on my face. It looked fine, but it felt strange, like a mask. Now that I've got distance and speed of application down pat, i get a flawless and dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by verycoolgirl

AMAZING..my HG foundation! i have dry, high maintenance skin, and this is simple to use, and leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless. I feel it even improves the quality of my skin..even when i take it off at the end of the day, my skin is still looking healthy and glowing. It seems to hydrate my skin throughout the day too....with other foundations i would look worse and worse as the day wore on, with dry patches appearing...but this is fantastic this foundation. cannot rave about it enough....totally worth every cent imo.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by chocolatelady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another u0pdate. I ordered ob2 and it also ok . Honestly there doesnt seem to be much difference in color. I cant figure out why japan offer op3 op1 and ob 2 4 adn 6 but in the us they offer bp2 and bp4 I cnat seem to find out the difference. Anyone have any insight?

second update...... Oc1 ended up a little light for me so Im back to op3. The most difficult part of this whole thing is getting the right color when the us stores only have 4 colors and ordering from japan is hard ordering colors without seeing it .

Update: I was using op3 and I wear a nc15 in mac and its was ok but I ordered oc1 from japan and its a MUCH better color less orangy and more neutral . Also when using this use vertical and well as horizonal strokes for the best coverage and finish.

Ive had this about a week and its alot of fun to work with. I can see there is a learning curve to getting it exactly right.
    Its a handy little airbrush thing you hold in your hand and it sprays a fine fine mist of foundation . You need to make sure you hold it at least 4 inches from your face to get the best results.
    It does have a somewhat dewy finish I hope they come out with a mat finish soon. The whole unit plus a foundation is 150 and refills are 80 for 2 and they say each one lasts as long as a bottle of foundaion would but I cant say for sure since Ive only been using it a week or so .
    Its pricy but you can touch up on the road or where ever you are adn it doesnt stickto hair or clothing. I am suprised there is not more buzz about this. Im putting soem loose powder on first and sometimes some foundation then spraying with this to finish everything off.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by fancyface

I have mixed feelings on this product. When I first tried it at SAKS, they put it on over my Shiesedo foundation and I must say, I thought it looked FABULOUS. They used the pink toned one (BP-4). I bought the set. When I got home however, I had mixed luck with it, and it definitely has a pink tone on me, which I don't care for generally. It was hit or miss on being able to apply it properly for me and a lot of the results depended on how good my skin was on that day.

I tried the darkest yellow-based foundation color and found it to be too light of a color/coverage worn by itself. Again, hit or miss with the application for me.

Overall, this is a hard one to review- it is definitely different, it can sometimes give you great results, but it just as often can look like my complexion wasn't in any way improved and that it is splotchy and mottled. A lot of potential for user error here, and I apparently am not all that good at it! I have used it since over a foundation and tend to like it better as a final "seal" to even all the edges out, but then I feel like I've put too much gunk on my face. It's a coin toss for me- not sure on this one.