MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow. This eyeliner stays on ALL day. It's amazing.
I put it on every morning and it stays on all day without fading or smudging. I can rub my eye and not worry about it!
When I put it on, it felt warm, which I find really cool, since all other liquid eyeliners I've tried felt really cold on my eye.
It even stays on my waterline. It's that amazing.
Once I went to bed without removing my eyeliner, and it stayed on after sleeping, without smudging or fading. This eyeliner is awesome.
The one downside is that it's so long wearing that it's REALLY hard to get off. I use cheap makeup wipes to remove my makeup, and removing this takes forever.

on 11/10/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, this stuff seriously STAYS PUT all day. Even on those crappy, windy, blisteringly cold days when I'm walking to the subway in the morning and my eyes are tearing like crazy - this stuff does not budge! It goes on very black, too.

There are a few cons about this product. I have been doing cat-eye liner almost every day for years now, and this stuff was a little challenging for me to get the hang of. You have to be very careful when applying this - if I drew too thick of a cat-eye and blinked by mistake, this stuff would smear onto the tops of my eyelids. It also does have a tendency to start gooping up I'd say about halfway through the product's life. Eyeshadow also seems to stick to this a little, so when I would get home from work there would sometimes be a very slight powdery residue on top of the eyeliner. This can be easily fixed by just touching it up, but I figured it's worth noting.

Basically, at the end of the day, this eyeliner does exactly what it says it will do - wears all day long. It's practically semi-permanent, so you have to use a good eye MU remover to take it off. Very good product that I will repurchase for those days when I need eyeliner that wears like crazy.

on 10/31/2010 3:10:00 AM

This is definitely the BEST liquid eyeliner I've ever purchased. Finally, a liquid eyeliner that actually lasts the entire day. It's waterproof and smudgeproof, and doesn't budge at all on my oily lids. But you definitely have to be careful about making mistakes. I use MAC's Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover to get it off. The only problem I have is that after a few months, the consistency is a little goopy and some of the liquid has dried up.

on 10/29/2010 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is, hands-down, my favorite eyeliner in existence (never mind favorite liquid liner, for me it beats them all). I have tried loads of liquid liners, gel liners, the ones with little felt-tips, and not one of them comes close to liquidlast. It does not budge all day, which is exactly what I'm looking for, doesn't smudge up and leave residue on my undereyes/face.

That said, it is a task to remove it, but armed with the proper tools it's almost a breeze. I just swipe on some A&D ointment, or Vaseline but I prefer the former, and let it sit for a few minutes. After that, it wipes off neatly.

I despise the container. I really hate the brush, and never use it. Instead I use either a MAC 266 or comparable brush, depending on the kind of line I'd like. The downside is getting the liner onto the brush isn't the easiest, but it works.

I wear almost nothing else, and can't recommend this liner enough!

on 10/29/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the blackest black liner on the market. A tad trickier to apply than the normal felt-tip liquid liners, but it grows on you after a little practice. This goes on as a thick liquid and it is absolutely FORBIDDEN to blink or raise your eyes in any direction while it's still wet, because it is guaranteed to transfer to your lid/browbone, and it will stay there till the end of time. Once it's on, there's no getting it off. No space for mistakes with this one - you really need to get the hang of applying it before actually using it for a proper look. Once it's dry, it looks sort of alien on your lid, it doesn't feel like paint or stain or any other familiar form of face color. It looks more like a thin stripe of shiny new ashpalt, or some sort of glossy black mud from hell. Believe it or not, I mean well when using these terms, it's actually quite an accomplishment for a product to look so interesting, compact and unmovable from your skin. Now that last bit, you'll find to be an issue. Say you apply it perfectly and enjoy it all night long, and the next day, and the day after (yes it won't smudge at all) - how do you get it off? Well, good luck with that. It does not come off. It litterally sticks to your skin and holds onto it for dear life; unless you have a really oil-enforced cleanser that will eventually manage to break it down and remove it, your eyes will suffer a great ordeal. This liner is unforgiving and indestructible. That said, the decision is up to you. I would personally opt out of it since it's the least handy product to use, despite its incomparable performance.

on 10/18/2010 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This liquid liner has the absolute best staying power I have ever come across. I gave this a go after seeing tons of rave reviews about this product and I'm glad I did. It is definately waterproof and smudgeproof, I can swim, have showers and even sleep in this eyeliner without worrying about it smearing down my face. the only slight problem I have with it is that the thick consistency makes it a little difficult to apply but with practice, it is fine.

on 10/3/2010 11:52:00 AM

This is by far the most waterproof liner I have ever tried! Which is a good thing since my eyes water soo easily that buying non-waterproof liners is just a waste of my money. It's my HG liner.
It takes a while to get a good technique with the brush and the amount of product you have on at first but once you have managed this you are granted with a solid black color and a line that can be anything from very thin to very thick. It takes a bit time to dry but I'm willing to be very patient for a product with such good lasting power.
Will def repurchase.

on 9/16/2010 6:23:00 PM

This definitely has the BEST staying-power out of any eye liner I have ever tried!!! The rich black color is so beautiful too. I did find the liquid to be a bit clumpy coming out of the bottle, so you need to wipe some off on the rim. It is also a little tricky to apply at first, you definitely need a steady hand.
A lot of people have complained at how hard it is to remove this stuff-- but I find dipping a Q-tip in Jojoba oil removes the eye liner very easily.

on 9/10/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The brush is hard to get used to, but once you do (it takes a lot of practice) this liner is the BEST. It does not budge! My eyes sometimes water, so other liquid liners sometimes run, but this stays put. It even stays put in water. Removes easily with any makeup remover that can be used for waterproof mascara... I love this stuff!

on 9/10/2010 2:45:00 AM

This is the only liquid eyeliner i ever use! i searched for months for a liquid liner that didn't budge, and here it is. the only complaint i have can be overcome, and has not stopped me from wearing this almost everyday and re-purchasing the liner time and time again. it's the brush- it was very difficult for me to get used to in the beginning, involved me scrubbing out lines in the mirror for 20 mins each morning. but, now that i've nailed it, it's quick, stays put all day, and i find most other eyeliner brushes easy to weild (when doing eyeliner away from home etc.).

Top Rated MAC Products