July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by jennailin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG! THe staying power is like no other - it stays perfect even after a long swim. The pigmentation is thick and dark and looks amazing. The drawback is that it dries up super fast and the brush is a load of rubbish. I just substitute it with my eyeliner brush from bobbi brown and it does wonders. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

This liner wears like IRON. You pretty much need an oil/thick cream cleanser to get it off. It's a very dark, true black and it sets pretty fast. The only problem is the brush is rubbish and since the formula dries fast you need to apply relatively quickly because it will get gunky on the brush. I use generic art store fine liner brushes that cost 4 or so dollars and they're loads better than the one that comes with it. You can get a really good fine line with these brushes and this liner, and the result is pretty hot. However, if you aren't used to liquid liners this is not the one to start off with. I still slightly prefer MAC fluidline in Blacktrack simply because it is loads easier to work with. If you need something that is truly waterproof though, you can't beat Liquidlast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this liquidliner stays on, is a true waterproof eyeliner and glides smoothly. My only con is the price almost $15 for something that I have to toss away after 3 months since I am hygiene freak I will toss it automatically. Will I be buying it well if I find it under $10 with shipping included yes or when I find a real job that pays me well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by seizingthelight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Excellent staying power
Cons: Brush is ok, may not be easy to apply if you're not good at using liquid eyeliners

I wore this swimming, then I washed my face and it still stayed on. I use Pond's cold cream and it takes it off very easily. Also, when applying I dip a q-tip in the cold cream to correct any mistakes. It does take a minute to dry so you just have to be careful to not blink. I have never used any other liquid eyeliner that has stayed on so well. Will definitely re purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I call this my "special events eyeliner." I don't use this everyday because non-waterproof eyeliner (like Wet'n'Wild's) works fine for me, plus it's way cheaper. I only bought this eyeliner because I wanted a really good waterproof liner for a formal dance I was going to. However, for me, it's more difficult to apply because the brush isn't the best, the formula is more thick and sticky and less liquid-y, and once you make a mistake, you can't just wipe it off with your finger. Example, this eyeliner takes me like 5+ mins to put on when Wet'n'Wild's takes me like 1 min. Still looks the same as any liquid eyeliner when applied on, it's just more of a hassle trying to make it look perfect. I'll keep using this until I run out, and purchase a cheaper, drugstore waterproof liner when I need one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jenbrog1

I did not like this eyeliner, its hard to work with and hard to remove if you have a mistake. I dont think I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by azng4life

The brush is horrible, absolutely, positively horrible. The eyeliner itself just clumps all over it, and any attempt to wipe it off on the sides of the liner bottle is futile because it will never get a distinctly pointy tip. Also, you have to be careful not to wipe too much on the sides of the bottle because, like nail polish, you will never be able to get it open again. I am in love with the staying power though, because it truly lasts all day, even though it's horrible application ended up on my eyes for a whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by OvaryAction

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a good liquid liner, and stays put very well, but you have to be very adept with liquid liners and I feel that you have to use a separate brush to get best results.

It's a thick formula, so you have to be careful not to apply too much, or it doesn't dry properly. You also have to avoid blinking until it's dry, or you'll get transfer.

A MAC artist sold me this way before I was good enough with liner, let alone liquid liner, to be able to use it properly. I kept getting a gloopy, thick mess all over my lids and lashes.

A year later, I have now had a lot of practice with gel and liquid liners, and can apply it deftly with a thin, angled brush (clean that brush well, or the Liquidlast will dry and ruin it!). It does stay put incredibly (I just wore it in a mosh pit during Iggy and the Stooges, and it didn't move), but the learning curve is a bit high for Liquidlast newbies. I went through a phase when I ditched it in a drawer because the application is so difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by katjanatasha

I bought this after seeing it in a video tutorial by Pixiwoo on YouTube. I needed to create a Marilyn Monroe look for the stage, and I must say this product lived up to its name. Even sweating under hot lights, it lasted without budging. You have to take special care when putting it on; it takes a couple minutes to dry completely and you don't want to glance up too quickly and then give yourself a transfer mark along your upper eye. But for me, it was worth a little extra care in application to know it would stay put. A good bi-phase eyemakeup remover is necessary -- and in fact, even when I used Bi-Facil by Lancome, I had to make several passes at the liner to completely remove it. So, perhaps my only complaint is that the liner lasts almost too well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Crystalx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a liner to use once because I was going swimming. I bought it thinking it was waterproof but I was wrong. The liner flaked off as I was swimming and it was really embarrassing. The formula is way too thick and it was hard to work with because once it's dry, you can't fix it. For the price I paid, it definitely wasn't worth it.