Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 12/14/2008 3:33:00 PM

This is the best deodorant ever! All natural, non-staining, lasts forever, and keeps you from smelling bad! I use is right after my shower when I'm still wet under the arms. It can be used on freshly cleaned feet too! No more stinky shoes! Another wonderful thing about this Crystal Deodorant Stick is that your body won't get immune to it. That always seems to be the problem with regular type deodorants and you have to keep changing to another brand. I have gotten my husband to use it in the spray form and he's completely sold on it. He's even gotten our 11 year old girl athlete to start. Over the 12 years since I've been using it, I only dropped it once. It chipped a little but with regular use, the chip is smoothed over.

on 11/26/2008 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the crystal stick exclusively for a few years now and I'm quite happy. The typical anti perspirants I had always used started to make my armpits itch a few years back and I began looking for alternatives. In the humid summer heat I was getting a bad metallic BO chemical smell anyway which told me anti-perspirants weren't working for me. I decided to try the crystal. I won't go back to antiperspirants.

It seems some people love the crystal and others hate it. So far it has worked for me. I apply it every night immediately after my shower when my underarms are still wet. I run the crystal very liberally over the entire underarm area for about 30 seconds for each side. If it's not wet enough it can pull on your skin so just re-wet it and apply. I have even come home from work, washed my underarms with a washcloth and soap and re-applied the crystal before going to the gym and although I sweated, I did not stink after working out! I believe in this product for me.
EDIT: I want to add that I moved to a warm and humid climate a year and a half ago and am still using the crystal stick every night immediately after my shower and it's still working for me. I have had the same stick for over two years now, I use it every day and there is still plenty more to go. If my underarms dry before I get to apply it I run it under the faucet to wet it, but I have found that this can cause the water to run into the container and the crystal can melt and loosen in the container -- my original stick finally loosened enough where one day it fell right out of the container and shattered. Bummer. Now I don't run the stick under the faucet but I wet my hands and use them to wet my under arms and then apply the crystal.
Some folks have said their crystal has taken on a BO odor and I have experienced this too on occasion. I had found that if I simply leave the cap off my crystal stick, it allows the stick to remain dry and there is no more odor. I haven't tried the spray version of this but I'm curious. I am so pleased with this product and love that after showering I can apply this and it feels like nothing, as opposed to getting fresh out from the shower and having to apply a sticky, thick anti-perspirant. I will use the crytal stick for as long as it keeps working for me.

on 10/14/2008 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried lots of antiperspirant /deodorants in my time. Even the ones that work pretty well would create this weird (at least to me) funk that was worse than regular BO, especially if I wore synthetic fabrics. As long as the anti-pers part worked, things were cool. But if there was any breakthru sweat...gah.
Thus my motivation for another method.

Disclaimer: I am not that into the "natural" part, and I don't have issues with chemicals, interfering with the natural process, or aluminum. I love chemicals, as long as they're doing what they're supposed to do.

So, I was test-driving LUSH Aromacreme (so far, so good) when I realized that the synthetic fabric I was wearing, plus the heat, plus anxiety over giving a presentation after work, was making me feel like I might have been overpowering the LUSH. I stopped at a CVS, bought a Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal Stick and discreetly applied as per directions. It totally took care of BO, although I was a bit damp.

Today, I applied, let dry, then applied the Aromacreme. After 12 hours, again, some dampness, no BO .

I splash on a bit of generic Tendskin, let dry, do the crystal, let dry, then the Aromacreme. So far, no irritation and it all works. I do use an Emjoi instead of shaving, so maybe that's why there's no irritation (or maybe that's ahead, and I'll update if that's the case).

I took off a lippie as I don't know how this would do on it's own, and it appears you do have to do some tweaking.

on 10/9/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Like the last reviewer, I was also allergic to this. I have no idea why,it's supposed to be all natural but I suppose that doesn't matter, you can be allergic to something natural. My underarms were raw meat after one day's use!

I was really excited about this product as it's all natural and doesn't contain any aluminium but I shouldn't have been for two reasons. No. 1: It does nothing to prevent sweating, neither the smell nor the moisture. It actuallt made me sweat more! No. 2: It made my armpits all red and itchy after a few days. The itch was so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night from itching. I don't even have sensitive skin or any allergies. Luckily it went away after I stopped using it. Try to get a sample or borrow someones before you buy to see if it works for you or not so you won't waste any money and will be left with a deodorant you can't use in your bathroom cabinet.

I'm only giving this a 2 instead of a one because it doesn't contain all those toxic chemicals that most other deodorants have. That being said, if you have any problems with sweating or odor; this probably isn't going to work for you. If you're one of those annoying people who never sweats and rarely stinks, have at it! Here's a tip for those complaining of the crystal itself smelling like BO: Fill a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol (or you could try 1/2 water, half alcohol), and use that to wet the crystal. It will kill any bacteria on it. I also gave it a spray after using it too.

on 8/15/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This did absolutely nothing for me - in fact it seemed to make me smell worse! As someone else noted, when I dampened the stick, the crystal itself stank of B.O.! Did nothing for odour control & at 6 for a deodorant I'll never use it was a total waste of money :(

on 8/6/2008 12:21:00 PM

I am forever a skeptic and really didn't think this would work but hubby was buying groceries one day so I thought what the heck, it's his dime if it doesn't work. Well I've been proven wrong, this stuff really does work. I put it on in the morning after I get out of the shower while i'm still wet and work it around until it dries up, I put on a lot. At the end of the day, there is no trace of pit stink at all. Now it does nothing to fight wetness but I don't have a huge issue with that and I've never found anything that stops wetness completely anyway and it doesn't claim to be an antipersperant so no lippies off for that. One lippie off for the fact that if it does fail, it fails hard and you are left with some majorly stinky pits but that has only happened when I failed to put it on properly. I will repurchase if I ever run out, this thing is going to last forever.

on 8/6/2008 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Touch wood this deo never stops working for me. I have the kind of armpits that have made me go home and change in the middle of a working day. All chemical deos usually work for a couple of weeks then I have to resort to having to find a new one so I've tried pretty much every deo out there until I found dove which seemed a winner, but not perfect since I could still smell a whiff at the end of the day. At one point I did try a crystal spay which seemed pretty decent but again stopped working one horrible day. I was hestitant to try this because of what happened but glad I did. Currently using the travel size just incase I wasnt happy and wouldnt feel too bad if I chucked it. I use this at night straight after coming out of a shower whilst I'm wet, I wet the stick, rub till it dry or I think its enough. I dont smell anything for two day, I pretty sure I could get away for longer than that. Amazing!!

on 7/31/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Crystal stick is a deodorant made from natural alum salts (if you're worried about the aluminum in regular deo getting in your pores, this stuff contains aluminum molecules TOO large to pass through, therefore making it safe)

This stuff works well when I paired it with Certain Dri, I had dry, non smelling pits. As if I never sweat or emanated b/o in my entire life. But to get it to work this way, you need PATIENCE. You need to either wet the rock OR your underarm till its soaked. Then rub this product in all over until your pits are dry. This could take about 2 minutes more or less per underarm. I would use it only after a shower b/c the rock tends to pick up scent. eww.

A little advice, the crystal may have jagged edges so I usually fire those down with a nail file.

The only reason I gave this 4 lippies and would not buy again is because I got sick of taking 4 minutes to put on deodorant every morning. But if you have that kind of patience and are looking for a natural alternative to deodorant, or want a deodorant that will NEVER stain clothes and is free oils, waxes, etc this is a perfect choice. I went back to using regular deo (Degree) though b/c I don't worry about sweat anymore (Certain Dri!!)

Of course, I used this with Certain Dri at night (a sweat preventing antiperspirant), so my pits were bone dry. If you use this by itself, you'll still sweat, but won't stink!

Video Reviews & Tutorials