Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A cheap skin saver. Simple as that.
I apply on my face with fingers or q-tips - if I have enough time, I'll apply a light layer, let it dry, and apply a second with q-tips.
I use it alone or mix it with cucumber juice (great for pimples and skin redness), crushed aspirin (for blackheads and pimples) or honey (for dry skin).

Flawless, pale, milky skin every time, and major shrinking of any blemishes. Only downside is the messiness, but worth it for me.
I only wish I remembered to do this regularly.

on 3/5/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Feels lovely and soothing on my face and immediately after washing it off my skin looks glowing and supple. HOWEVER, a couple hours later my skin will rebel with little red bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. I can't tell whether I have a sensitivity to yoghurt (I also break out if I eat it) or if they're just clogged pores but either way I'll have to give it a miss.

I just tried this about 3 hours ago for the first time. I don't think my skin has looked this good since before the days of pimples and blackheads took control of my once clear face. I didn't use any fancy brand, or special yogurt. Nope. Just plain ole Walmart brand yogurt.
Wanting to eat this while taking a bath, I took a spoonful and was disgusted by how it tasted. After all, plain yogurt. So I remembered reading on here how it was a good mask. I thought what the heck and started slathering it all over my face. Having some leftover, I put more on my neck and chest aswell.
Wooooow. When I washed this off my face felt gross. I was disappointed that it hadn't worked. My excema on my chest was still there, but worse. So I lathered up my Dove beauty bar and washed my face and chest.. got out of the bath and looked in the mirror. I looked horrible. Blotchy and gross.
30 mins later I looked in the mirror again and WOW. Perfect, flawless skin (minus the large zit right beside my lip). All of my marks were barely noticeable. My blackheads on my nose were GONE. However, the pesky blackheads above my lip still remained. All 4 of them, quite large.
My chest was smooth and silky looking.
I'm very happy with the results. I think I might do it again tomorrow. And include my back into the mix which has tons of marks.
:) very good, everyone should try it.

on 2/24/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading some fab review about plain yogurt mask I decided to give it a try. I only used a tea spoon on my face and left it for 15 minutes. After rising it off, my face looked brighter and it felt silky smooth! I've been using this twice a week and have seen in a difference in my skin texture. I try to avoid putting this on my nose because I'm afraid it will clog up my pores. Overall this is a cheap and effective mask!

on 2/20/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There's a bajillion reasons why I love yoghurt. And then a few reasons why I don't.

Why I LOVE yoghurt like my firstborn child :

1) When you scoop it out of the tub, cold and creamy, it's just a wonderful tactile experience and when I spread it all over my face and its so cold and calming and I'm just like "asdasdfsdfkjhkj WHOOOOOOO!!!"

2) Yoghurt, when left on for 25 minutes or more - while i just sit there and watch an episode (or two. or three.) of Friends, leaves my face calm and irritation free. I have issues where I pick at the bumps (clogged pores) on my face like nobody's business, and then they bleed and scab over (ew). Yoghurt saves my skin and leaves it pale and creamy and moisturized.

3) I love that you can customize your mask as your skin changes. I envision myself mixing yoghurt with lemon juice and strawberries now, when my skin is dry-sensitive-supercalifragilistic-acne-prone, and moving up to honey and mashed bananas when I get older and hopefully my skin is dry but not-as-acne-prone. It's just a great base mask that helps to solve most of my skin problems and the fact that it's so adaptable makes me want to have a fit of glee.

4) Cheap as hell. 'Nuff said.

And THEN, there are reasons why I do not like yoghurt and all that it stands forrr:

1) Well, if you don't get humanely-sourced dairy , there's this whole shindig about animal cruelty. I do get guilty feelings whenever I use yoghurt because it's animal-derived, and I just hope that I get more money and I can buy organic yoghurt! (which costs a ton in my country).

2) The smell IS a little unpleasant. It smells like milk but to be fair, the smell of milk always makes me a little queasy.

3) Full-fat may be a little too much for oily skinned people. Yoghurt will probably still work for them, but I think it's better that they get fat-free or the 99.99999999238108% fat reduced kind, because the higher the fat percentage, the more your skin is coated with a film, which I don't mind because I find it moisturizing yet it doesn't clog my pores, which is great!

Like all products, just be careful if your skin is massively reactive like mine. I ventured in with the highest expectations and thankfully, I was not disappointed.

on 2/11/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love yogurt masks! I had a terrible cold and underneath my nose was left very raw, red and peeling - not pretty. I remembered reading about the yogurt mask and rushed to the fridge, I used the 2% Fage Greek yogurt, and slathered on generous helping and left it for 20 minutes. To my pleasant surprise, not only was the redness reduced significantly but the dry peeling skin was whisked away and my skin was super smooth. Definitely a part of my smooth skin arsenal.

on 1/22/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE my yoghurt honey masks! I mix around 2 tablespoons of organic yoghurt with a generous squeeze of honey (amount of honey depends on how dry/flaky my skin is - the drier the skin, the greater the honey).

I have this bad habit of squeezing blackheads and whiteheads out of my nose (i feel tempted to do this everyday with my metal blackhead extractor). So, what happens is that my nose is usually left peeling and flaky which makes my nose area look extremely gross when I put foundation on). I find this mask to work wonders to help sooth out my skin! I seriously do not know how it does this but it leaves it all smooth and soft and I am left without flaky nose skin. Also, I have these tiny pimple like dots on the side of my cheeks which I have tried many products to erase. This mask has helped me reduce them heaps. However, I find myself experiencing tingly sensations when I put this mask on and the right side of check is permanently pink for some reason (happens when I don't put face cream on in winter) for at least 12 hours after I wash this mask off. But other than that, I love this mask so much simply because I have finally found something that's helping me get rid of my flaky skin around and on my nose. YAY! No cleansers or scrubs have helped me to achieve this yet. I am going to keep putting this mask on my face (hopefully at least twice or thrice a week).

on 1/13/2012 11:09:00 PM

Unfortunately, this did not work well with my skin. I used it several times. At one moment I thought it might have brighten my skin, but I realized that it clogged my skin more than anything :( My skin felt congested with a bunch of white heads, which is a huge sign for me that my skin is not reacting nicely to the product. :(

on 12/6/2011 4:03:00 PM

Fantastic facial, honey and yogurt really works miracles, and nothing in it you can't eat. WARNING, however: recent studies show that 80% of the honey we buy now is "funny honey" from China, cut with (or mostly) high fructose corn syrup or worse - and relabeled to hide its origin. so you can't trust anything that you don't buy from your local beekeepers, co-op grocery or farmers market. Look it up!

on 11/28/2011 1:38:00 PM

Amazing. I actually used plain (no honey) lowfat organic yogurt. I figured that because lactic acid is a very mild beta-hydroxy there would be absolutely no effect on the bumpiness I had on my chin for weeks but what the heck. Smooshed some on all over then towelled off with a microfiber cloth, smooshed more on and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinsed off and my bumps were gone and my skin felt amazing. I should note I'm a NON-fan of the aspirin mask and was totally skeptical of this!

Popular Masks