October 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by skincarenightmare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it to remove my make up by I smothering it all over my face and then using a face wipe. I also use it as a body moisturizer. Leaves the skin on my face and body feeling really soft. Love it!!! It is also good for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on my hair as a mask and it has made my hair look and feel great. I suffer from dry scalp and after I dry my hair, I always get peeling skin right at my hairline, at the top of my forehead. It's so incredibly annoying. I dab just a little bit of coconut oil on the flaky spots and they behave all day. I am going to give some of this to my sister to use on my niece's eczema since I have heard it works wonders there too.
Just for fun I rubbed this on my arms and elbows and it worked as a great moisturizer with a little sheen, I can see myself using this on my legs during the summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MUA, you suggested it and now I'm hooked! I started by using a tiny bit on the dry ends of my hair, got brave enough to try it on my face and found out I'm one of the lucky ones it doesn't break out, though other things do (I tested by putting it on only one half of my face daily for a week), and now I'm eating the stuff! Love it for night before pre-shampoo hair masque, and I swear it even has made my wrinkles less obvious (yup, other people could see the difference and I used it on the more wrinkly half of my face around my eye). Love it, and will keep experimenting:)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

let me just say that THIS HAS CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE!!! I have moderate acne and oily skin on my Tzone. I break out every week or so. I've pretty much tried every over the counter acne treatment out there. From neutrogena wash, to clean and clear, and at least 15 different spot treatments. They all seemed to work decently at first, but after a while, they just didn't do anything to my pimples. So i researched some natural ways to treat acne, and I came up with a new (and very very cheap!) regimen: At night, I use neutrogena acne stress control scrub. I mix in a dab of coconut oil with the scrub, which leaves my face moisturized even after I rinse. Then, I use plain old lemon juice as a toner/astringent all over my face, applied with a cotton ball. Lastly, I smooth on a layer of coconut oil and go to bed. In the morning, I do the same thing but instead of putting the coconut oil all over my face after the lemon, I use Sukin moisturizer (its in MUA top picks!!) because its a better makeup base than oil. Hope this helps!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Important : Virgin cold-pressed coconut oil (and coconut milk) works wonders for the hair. It stimulates hair growth, makes the hair strong and prevents graying. For me, coconut oil is the best oil for hair. I apply warm coconut oil on the scalp and hair and cover with a hot towel for an hour or so. It nourishes the scalp and hair.

Occasionally I also use the cold-pressed coco-oil on the body before or after a bath. It moisturizes well without a greasy feeling. It also has sunscreen properties.

However, for my face (ultra-sensitive skin), this oil is slightly comedogenic. It clogs the pores on the forehead and nose if I use it straight off. It works well when blended with water. I got the idea from a blog but never knew how useful it would be for ultra-sensitive skin types like mine - mix 1 part coconut oil with 1/3 part water and blend with a hand blender or an egg beater. Whipped coconut oil works wonders for the facial skin.

Note that refined coconut oil (like Parachute brand, etc) is not good for the hair or skin. It may cause damage instead of good.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A good coconut oil cleanser for face:
Small amount of coconut oil + a pinch of baking soda. Mix together in hand and massage into skin, rinse well with warm water. Leaves skin soft and glowing!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by glllkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've begun transitioning to only using natural organic products on my skin, and am doing what I can (within reason) to avoid unnecessary makeup pharmaceuticals that are filled with unregulated chemicals. For that reason, I've started using organic coconut oil as body and face moisturizer, and even on the ends of my hair to prevent split ends. It leaves my skin incredibly smooth and soft. I also add it to all kinds of edible things. As a food additive, coconut oil is said to prevent Alzheimer's and has lots of other brain benefits. It's great inside and out :) If you don't like the scent of coconut, NOW Solutions makes a non-scented version- I enjoy the scent myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I would buy this over and over again. Use it for EVERYTHING. Great hair conditioner, GREAT moisturizer for face and body. I don't know what else to tell you guys. You really won't understand until you purchase and use it yourself. And even if it does not work on one of those areas, it is soooo amazing for everything else. I can promise you that it won't be "sitting in the cabinet" or "tossed right into the trash bin".

Try it. It's not at all expensive (especially for what you get) and like I said, it's uses are endless.

Packaging could be better on some (meaning mine, don't know about yours) but this is made as a cooking oil so I can't knock the hustle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PNyako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MUCH better than refined coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil, smells strongly of coconuts and it is probably the best and most "true" coconut smell ever. Absolutely LOVELY...and the scent lingers a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love! Coconut oil is the BEST oil i have ever tried. Firstly let me start by saying I have a true sensitive skin - eczema, psoriasis, you name it I've probably had it!! I have had small bouts of fungal infections for the last couple of years from the sun. I've had countless antibiotics which work after a couple of months of being on them and only work while on the prescription with the infection always returning and I also used cortisone for eczema on my body and eyes. NO MORE! Since I have started taking coconut oil every day (I put it in my protein shakes for breakfast) I no longer need antibiotics for any infection and my eczema is GONE! I started off with 1tsp and have gradually increased to 1 dessertspoon - I love the taste now!! I also put it all over my body after I shower, and the eczema on my legs has also disappeared. I cannot recommend this stuff enough! - I have read countless books on the wonders of coconut oil and trust me it's true! i have also found that if i have a little bit of oil it also stops my sugar cravings. TRY IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No