September 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM More reviews by dara09

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2002 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Rayvenn

This is definitely the most beautiful Vanilla scent I've tried. It's sexy and alluring with this smoky scent and not the heavy sweetness of other Vanilla fragrances. It's pricy at $62.50 for just a 1.7 oz, but after a long test trial of L'Artisan fragrances, this is the one that I purchased. It's doesn't last too long on me, but this fragrance is not intended to knock people over, but draw them in closer. Just because I can't smell it doesn't mean others can't! ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2002 8:29:00 PM More reviews by coleslaw

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the other reviewers - not to sweet, a more "grown up" vanilla. But, unfortunately iy didn't really last well on me, and at $92 a bottle it's a bit expensive (& disappointing) to have to reapply periodically during the day. So for that reason, I'd give it four stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2002 11:12:00 AM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A truly wonderful vanilla .. not cloying .. not foody .. but rich and seductive. I absolutely love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2002 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I love this scent! A very nice vanilla that is very different, an almost smoky scent to it! I wasnt sure about it at first but it totally grew on me! The only problem is the cost (whew, $62 for small bottle) and it doesnt last that long! Disappointing but very unique, sensual scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2002 3:58:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't found a vanilla fragrance that I liked until now. Most either smell artificial or burnt or too sweet, or sometimes all of the above. Not L'Artisan's. A little smoky...a little spicy...a little sexy...this is not your kid sister's vanilla roll on. L'Artisan's Vanilia is vanilla for grownups. Wearing this, you definitely won't be mistaken for a bowl of buttercream icing. Which is good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2002 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I received a sample of this and was quite surprised. At first I didnt think it smelled like vanilla at all. But as it grew on me I began to love the soft smoky unique fragrance! I totally love it and am going to spend the outrageous sum on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2002 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Penelope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sweet, sophisticated floral (orchid?), hint of powder. I like it a lot, but I don't love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2002 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tjk2270

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I REALLY like this...very soft, subtle, yet sexy and smokey-vanilla scent. MMMMM. The amber and vanilla bean make a great combination...this may be a future purchase. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2002 5:39:00 PM More reviews by makemepretty

It's comforting and sexy at the same time. Like a smokey vanilla. When I used up my sample I actually found myself craving the smell of it. However, after buying a full bottle I found it too spicy on me :(