L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet scent. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.

on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.

on 6/20/2002 9:53:00 AM

This is definitely the most beautiful Vanilla scent I've tried. It's sexy and alluring with this smoky scent and not the heavy sweetness of other Vanilla fragrances. It's pricy at $62.50 for just a 1.7 oz, but after a long test trial of L'Artisan fragrances, this is the one that I purchased. It's doesn't last too long on me, but this fragrance is not intended to knock people over, but draw them in closer. Just because I can't smell it doesn't mean others can't! ;-)

on 5/27/2002 8:29:00 PM

I agree with the other reviewers - not to sweet, a more "grown up" vanilla. But, unfortunately iy didn't really last well on me, and at $92 a bottle it's a bit expensive (& disappointing) to have to reapply periodically during the day. So for that reason, I'd give it four stars.

on 5/21/2002 11:12:00 AM

A truly wonderful vanilla .. not cloying .. not foody .. but rich and seductive. I absolutely love this!

on 4/2/2002 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent! A very nice vanilla that is very different, an almost smoky scent to it! I wasnt sure about it at first but it totally grew on me! The only problem is the cost (whew, $62 for small bottle) and it doesnt last that long! Disappointing but very unique, sensual scent!

on 3/30/2002 3:58:00 PM

I haven't found a vanilla fragrance that I liked until now. Most either smell artificial or burnt or too sweet, or sometimes all of the above. Not L'Artisan's. A little smoky...a little spicy...a little sexy...this is not your kid sister's vanilla roll on. L'Artisan's Vanilia is vanilla for grownups. Wearing this, you definitely won't be mistaken for a bowl of buttercream icing. Which is good.

on 3/27/2002 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and was quite surprised. At first I didnt think it smelled like vanilla at all. But as it grew on me I began to love the soft smoky unique fragrance! I totally love it and am going to spend the outrageous sum on it!

on 3/11/2002 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sweet, sophisticated floral (orchid?), hint of powder. I like it a lot, but I don't love it.

on 3/1/2002 1:37:00 PM

I REALLY like this...very soft, subtle, yet sexy and smokey-vanilla scent. MMMMM. The amber and vanilla bean make a great combination...this may be a future purchase. :)

Popular Fragrances