Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Isononanoate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Sodium Citrate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/3/2013 12:37:00 PM

These makeup-removing cleansing wipes are awesome, and they make removing my makeup a breeze. They have no dye, no perfume, and are not formulated with any animal-derived ingredients. They leave my skin feeling super clean and refreshed.

The only negative I have is that they claim to remove even waterproof mascara; however, in my experience they do not. I've used Volume Express: The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline, as well as CoverGirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara with no success at removing it with these wipes.

Other than that, they are a definite staple in my skincare routine to cleanse my face in the evening. Well worth the $$$!

These are my every day makeup removing wipes, and I don't think you can get better. One wipe usually removes all my makeup, including waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Simple products are very gentle, even on sensitive skin.

on 3/20/2013 4:32:00 AM

I love this makeup remover!! I am so envious of those who live in the UK, and these go for 3 for 5 pounds on sale at Boots (equivalent of 3 for US $7.50/8.00). They are definitely pricier in the states.

I have tried tonsss of brands for makeup cleansing wipes, and would still turn to this brand. Effective at removing makeup, not oily nor greasy, nice subtle scent, and most importantly, not harsh and does not burn skin at all. Feels nice on skin -- definitely lives up to its promise of being great for sensitive skin.

If you are concerned about these drying out, I read somewhere to store the package upside down with the opening flap on the bottom. i haven't tried that in the long term, bc I would regularly forget to turn it upside down. Instead, I store the package in a sealed ziplock bag, and that works fine.

on 3/18/2013 11:35:00 AM

I had high hopes for these cleansing wipes. I've seen a few youtube gurus raving about this product, who also have a similar skin type as me: oily t-zone + eyelids/combination.
Towards the last few facial wipes in the package, I realized that these wipes leave an oily residue on my face and eyelids. It did remove most of the makeup and dirt, but my face didn't feel clean afterwards.

on 3/14/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These are ok but nothing compared to the Neutrogena wipes. They do remove eye make up but don't seem very wet and had to use two to get all the make up off. Very silky and soft feel though and not rough.

on 3/13/2013 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I loved everything the wipes advertised and if it took my makeup off smoothly without me having to rub it off especially in the eye area I would have fallen in love with this product. I don't know, it does a good job removing foundation etc off the face but when it comes to the eye area it doesn't do a great job and I end up using one of my oils to take it off. I've honestly used better wipes then this.

on 3/10/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am sad to say that these wipes have been completely ruined by Simple. I have used them religiously for years but they have recently changed the packaging, texture, and, most importantly (and most sneakily) the ingredients. I couldn't figure out what was causing my skin to break out so badly the past two weeks - I never suspected my face wipes because they have been so good to me for all these years! Yesterday I eliminated all other products and the only thing I put on my face was these Simple wipes. Almost immediately my skin was red and burning - literally felt like it was on fire. I looked on their website and compared with older packaging on other websites and found that they have different ingredients now. I also found that other people have had the exact same problem, so it really must be the wipes.
I switched to Tesco own-brand sensitive face wipes last night (just quickly needed to grab some wipes from somewhere!) and my skin has calmed right back down already. I am so gutted that Simple have done this! And it's so unethical - to change the packaging and advertise a 'new' and 'improved' supersoft texture, and conveniently miss out the new, harmful ingredients added. This is the first thing that goes on our skin and we rub it all over, day and night. If anything this is the most important product to us in terms of ingredients, and now that I have actually thoroughly read it (and checked the ingredients using the CosDNA cosmetics analyser) it's clear that this is one of the most harmful products in my makeup bag.
Really, really not happy with Simple right now. All their advertising about 'pure' and 'natural' is complete hooey.

(The only reason this is 2 stars instead of 1 is because of all the years of great product I have enjoyed in the past, before they changed the formula!)

on 3/6/2013 7:56:00 PM

These are my go-to face wipes. They're clean, don't sting, and take off most makeup. I wouldn't recommend them for those who wear a lot of makeup or for anyone who wants a soft luxury feel that leaves skin moisturized. But if you're looking for non-irritating and functional, these are great for sensitive and acne-prone skin.

on 2/28/2013 12:09:00 PM

Worst wipes I have ever used! I don't wear that much make-up, but it took over 5 for me to clean my face. They also felt very dry and scratchy. Terrible!!!

on 2/25/2013 12:18:00 AM

I needed some type of makeup remover because I was out so I picked these up. I went home and started to use this wipe. With my old wipes I had to use two and most of the time they just smeared the makeup around. My face would be red and slightly itchy each time I used the old wipes, I also had to wash my face after the wipe to make sure I got off all residue and to get rid of that itchy feeling., but that happened with all facial cleansing wipes so I just expected it. I used this wipe and WOW, it put those old wipes to SHAME. It has no fragrance at all which I love. It removed all my makeup with one wipe and it left my face feeling lightly moisturized (not greasy at all). It was so refreshing and nice. I felt as if I didn't need to wash my face after the wipe. My face felt smooth, clean, and supple. I absolutely love these and will definitely repurchase! The only con I would have to say about these is that I did have to work with these wipes to get my mascara off, they removed my mascara, but my mascara laden lashes needed a couple of swipes. SO glad they were out of my old wipes!