October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by staticfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Transparent. It's the finest loose powder I ever bought. It goes on smoothly. I use it with La Mer creme foundation and they last through the day. the color Transparent looks shimmery when i first tried it on my hand but when it goes on the face, it's not shimmery at all, it will give you a silky and smooth finish, will defintely repurchase. I tried many different loose powder: Cle de Peau, GA, Laura Mecia, Prescriptives Magic, Origins, and La Mer is the best.
I don't like its packaging though, it's too heavy!
Updates: This powder is so good taht I bought another color as well. Translucent is good for sheer coverage while the other color, Cream, will provide better coverage with my creme treatement foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Misha

This powder has the softest, silkiest, lightest feel and it provides the most beautiful finish to the LaMer foundation or any foundation I would imagine. It compliments your face as it sets your foundation and does not sit on your skin like some loose powders in translucent. I do though, have to repowder my nose by mid day. I have dry skin, but my nose is oily, so repowder is a must for me no matter what powder I use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so as a makeup artist I have gobs of powder - and from every line imaginable. Finding the right powder is key to the success of almost each job I do.

I still use and love many, including Becca Loose, Laura Mercier Loose, Chantecaille Delicate Powder and Rimmel Stay Matte. The most I have spent on powder in the past was $50 for Kanebo Loose, which is beautiful too. Each has a place in my work and heart. But wow, does the La Mer powder rock!

I bought shade 02 Neutral, and it works on a variety of skin tones. It's slightly luminous and leaves skin with a soft-focus appearance. I used it today for a bride/TV combo, and it read beautifully on camera. It's expensive, please don't run out and buy if you can't afford - there are many others that are phenomenal and do the job. But if you're a powder aficionada like I am, this is a great product to check out.

I've not seen anything amazing happen to my skin with their skincare, but have friends who can't go an hour without a nice coat of it on their skin. The powder, however is a big winner for me!

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Serduszka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in translucent. It adds no color and doesn't overwhiten or lighten as some translucents do. It isn't as matte as some powders and I do have to reapply on my nose(it is summer and humid) but the finish is very light,soft and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This new line of foundations and powders from La Mer is called Skincare De La Mer, and I can't rave enough about how truly fine these products are. I've reviewed the new liquid foundation, and now I will review the new loose powder, called Skincolor De La Mer The Powder. It comes in a translucent shade (that has the tiniest amount of glow, not a true shimmer powder) and several skin shades as well. My SA/MA friend had told me about the exquisite texture of this product, and I was eager to try. I've never seen or felt a powder that has the texture of whipped cream, but the new La Mer loose powder feels just like that! My SA/MA chose the second skin shade called 02 Neutral (I am NW20) and it appears to have the slightest peach tint to it. The powder comes in a huge, heavy glass jar, with a plastic inner lid that has holes, and also a space inside for the luxurious puff. The lid screws on safely.
I applied the powder over my new La Mer foundation with an old Stila powder brush that I have, it's soft and floppy and perfect for loose powder. Immediately I saw the difference between this powder and every other loose powder I've ever tried. My face was glowing and natural, with no dryness or chalkiness, and every flaw, line, and pore was diminished to the point where I actually dug out a magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were deceiving me! And they weren't. The pores on my nose were invisible. The crepiness of my maturing skin was invisible. The tad of peachiness of this powder gave me a very youthful and lively complexion and I absolutely did not even look like I was wearing powder at all. The brochure states that this powder is "developed with symmetrically shaped, uniquely coated particles, it magnetically attracts to the skin for a perfect fit. Airspun seaborne particles, some of the lightest materials on earth, create an imperceptible finish that leaves skin looking flawless." This is what I have been waiting for, a powder that is well-suited for mature skin, that does not dry out my skin, and does not cake. At the end of the day, my face looked exactly as it did when I applied the powder in the morning. I would love to give this product ten lippies. But I can't, so instead I will give it the biggest rave I can, I'll repurchase, and I'll write a letter to La Mer and let them know how utterly superb the new Skincolor line is. I can't wait for the Concealer.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

They just released this powder here in the States and I have to say that I really like it. Its at Saks. I have this in Oyster Shell 01 shade. I have pretty fair skin, very light to light yellow toned. The powder looks kind of peachy orange in the jar! SCARY! It doesn't look like it would match my skin, but when its on, you can't even tell I have anything on! I don't use very much at all, and just a tiny blot with a sponge and then I buff it onto my face with a brush. If you use too much it will look chalky. I love how it feels though! This stuff is so soft feeling. The particles feel tiny, and it seems to disappear into the skin. It comes in a very pale green rounded cylinder screw top jar. The inside has a recessed plastic mesh partition, with a fluffy puff that sits on the partition. The packaging is really simple and I like how its a screw top lid. I have been using it for almost a month and no breakouts, actually, my BF has been commenting how "glowy" (its slightly shimmery powder) and nice my skin is. It looks like my skin but better. I like this product and when I ever run out (theres quite a bit in there) I will definitely buy it again. The price is pretty steep, its around $70, but no skin irritation and I love how my skin looks so its worth it!