Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 10/29/2006 2:49:00 PM

I love this foundation. It goes on very smoothly and with a sheer coverage. It's great to even out my skin tone and give it a bit of a glow. I'm super-pale, and this is one of very few foundations I've found that actually matches my skin tone (porcelain shade). It is pretty expensive ($40/tube), but I guess I'm fine spending that much on something that really works, instead of half that much for something that doesn't do as good of a job. The package is great--it's a sturdy plastic tube with two caps: a small plastic cap, then a larger metallic cap. I wouldn't worry about it spilling during travel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a perfect product. I love the natural look and the giant color range. I can't wear liquid foundation because my skin is dry and it seems to show but with this tinted moisturiser I look naturally flawless. I think this is an easy, everyday staple item of HG status. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use Becca Sand and dust Becca Angel shimmer lightly powder over it (hitting my cheeks 1st just to be safe). I look healthy, vibrant and younger than I am. It even evens out my freckles. Feels good on, very weightless and has SPF 20 for good measure. I will buy again for sure.

on 9/21/2006 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Good coverage for sheer foundation, or tinted moisturizer I guess depending on what you want to call it. It really does make skin luminous. It's flexible and forgiving too, I used it as an acne prone person and now as a dry person on accutane and I'm still in love with it. Used to use Chantecaille Future Skin and this is better imo.

on 9/14/2006 9:04:00 AM

I got a huge sample of this from a super-nice swapper (color Nude).

I must say I'm suprised by its coverage and its long-lasting performances. I have acne-prone (only on cheecks&chin) ultra sensitive, reactive skin and this covers the redness really well even in my bad skin days, just pair it with a good concealer (LM Secret Camouflage/MUFE Full Cover) and the red post-acne marks will be forgotten...it has hydrating properties so that your skin will look glowy, not in the least shining, even in the t-zone! I always dust some T. Leclerc Banane powder on my forehead and chin to prevent that.

Coverage is pretty buildable, so a second layer over areas that need more coverage is not a problem here

I was actually afraid to find it all off in the evening but, to my surprise, it was still there, more natural than ever, didn't oxydize at all (another pet peeve of mine).. just as if it was my second skin. it even has SPF in it and that's a great thing too (don't count on it as far as sun protection goes though, I use LRP Dermo-Peds spray for that, and I also use a primer as to avoid ss-foundation contact).

Can't say much about the package as I only got 1 sample of it..but it sure is great like the pumps of the SKP. Although Nude in a good match for my skin tone (Chanel Beige, something between NC30-40) I'd want something warmer and less neutral..although LSC has a very dewy luminescence to it and MOST OF ALL it doesn't look like I have make up on, which is a nice plus for me, as I like a really natural look.hope it won't break me out, although it does contain potentially pore clogging ingredient!

Unfortunatly Becca is not sold in Italy..(booooo!) and they charge high shipping quotes on their website.. so I have to rely on swapping, Cp's or the occasional e-bay seller and be ready to shell the $$$ for good skin.

on 8/29/2006 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love Becca's range, but found this product to be nothing special.
PROS:
1) Great range of colours.
CONS:
1) To make this work and NEED the primer AND powder (it'll clog up pores and refuse to set otherwise). Please do not buy this thinking it'll be a simple one or two step process. A very expensive and time consuming system for something so sheer.
2) Within weeks the quality of this product deteriorated. It began to dry out on my skin. The product comes with two lids. When I misplaced the inner lid.. it was all over; if you buy this be careful with the lids!
3) My skin is slightly more likely to break out if I wear it and it makes my comb.skin look oily.
4) I'm not sure who this system is designed for. Too sheer (not buildable) for those who enjoy coverage...too expensive and involved for those who want a sheer tinted moisturiser + spf. An ok product, but certainly nothing great.

continued >>

on 6/22/2006 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wore this for an entire year when my skin was clearer and I needed very little coverage. It didn't break me out and I found a great match for my pale, yellow toned skin. Didn't last really well during the summer, but hey, ya can't have everything, right?

on 6/9/2006 9:06:00 AM

I didn't like this product. It broke me out badly after I decided to use it because my skin was looking so lovely!! It is very expensive for a tinted moisturiser. On the plus side, the packaging is nice and it comes in a good range of colours for PPP

on 6/1/2006 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good foundation which gives a beautiful luminous glow, hence the name! I think this provides pretty good coverage and the colours are very good. I use cashmere and the yellow undertones even out redness. It's quite expensive but so worth it. I also use Becca's concealer which is also brilliant. You will look truly gorgeous if you buy Becca's foundations and concealers. Good coverage but not at all cakey. You will radiate health and beauty.

on 5/11/2006 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so excited to try out the Becca foundation, concealer and powder. It got such great reviews. SHEER! No coverage for me. It was thin and greasy and I had to spend about an hour with the concealer brush. I am incredibly disappointed with all the Becca products. The concealer is ordinary and the powder is ordinary. The color range is superb but the product itself is not.

on 5/11/2006 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, got completely swizzled by the make up girl in pout over this product. My skin was clear, tanned and generally ok, with some dry areas and slightly oily t-zone. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT if you are even remotely prone to breaking out. I came up in loads of gross acne, cystic around my jaw and loads of whiteheads in my t-zone. It goes on fine, and looks really natural and sheer, but within an hour or two I was an oil-slick, SO shiny in photos. Even with powder. Just dont do this to yourself, try YSL teint parfait instead, it is so much better.