April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to love Becca's range, but found this product to be nothing special.
PROS:
1) Great range of colours.
CONS:
1) To make this work and NEED the primer AND powder (it'll clog up pores and refuse to set otherwise). Please do not buy this thinking it'll be a simple one or two step process. A very expensive and time consuming system for something so sheer.
2) Within weeks the quality of this product deteriorated. It began to dry out on my skin. The product comes with two lids. When I misplaced the inner lid.. it was all over; if you buy this be careful with the lids!
3) My skin is slightly more likely to break out if I wear it and it makes my comb.skin look oily.
4) I'm not sure who this system is designed for. Too sheer (not buildable) for those who enjoy coverage...too expensive and involved for those who want a sheer tinted moisturiser + spf. An ok product, but certainly nothing great.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore this for an entire year when my skin was clearer and I needed very little coverage. It didn't break me out and I found a great match for my pale, yellow toned skin. Didn't last really well during the summer, but hey, ya can't have everything, right?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2006 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

I didn't like this product. It broke me out badly after I decided to use it because my skin was looking so lovely!! It is very expensive for a tinted moisturiser. On the plus side, the packaging is nice and it comes in a good range of colours for PPP

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 10:09:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good foundation which gives a beautiful luminous glow, hence the name! I think this provides pretty good coverage and the colours are very good. I use cashmere and the yellow undertones even out redness. It's quite expensive but so worth it. I also use Becca's concealer which is also brilliant. You will look truly gorgeous if you buy Becca's foundations and concealers. Good coverage but not at all cakey. You will radiate health and beauty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try out the Becca foundation, concealer and powder. It got such great reviews. SHEER! No coverage for me. It was thin and greasy and I had to spend about an hour with the concealer brush. I am incredibly disappointed with all the Becca products. The concealer is ordinary and the powder is ordinary. The color range is superb but the product itself is not.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by aunaturel24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, got completely swizzled by the make up girl in pout over this product. My skin was clear, tanned and generally ok, with some dry areas and slightly oily t-zone. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT if you are even remotely prone to breaking out. I came up in loads of gross acne, cystic around my jaw and loads of whiteheads in my t-zone. It goes on fine, and looks really natural and sheer, but within an hour or two I was an oil-slick, SO shiny in photos. Even with powder. Just dont do this to yourself, try YSL teint parfait instead, it is so much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this but its so expensive 32 in the UK! this isnt what id normally pay for a foundation but i was so won over by all the rave reviews i thought i would try it. i have this in olive which only works if i have a tan (1 or 2 layers of chanel face tanner in bronze- and if u are fair like me dont be afraid to use the bronze over the golden shade in this its sooo natural!). otherwise olive is too dark. its a very sheer tint and i love it. this would be ideal to take on a hot summer holiday, as it provides just enough cover but also lets my skin breathe through. its very glowy and looks so natural in natural daylight i really love it, althought for me its not an everyday product as the coverage is very minimum and some days i prefer a heavier coverage foundation (futurist estee lauder which still is glowy an dnatural but provides a lot more cover) also the colour range is great

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MARYP1010

A greasy, pore clogging, fake looking mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by teenysquirrel

I used Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation couple of years ago and somehow I stopped using it, thinking it too greasy, plus too sheer. I started using Stila tinted moisturizer for 1+ yrs. Then about a month ago, I started not liking it. Gosh..am I fickle? So I went back to Becca cosmetic counter in Bergdorf Goodman to get Becca foundation stick, thinking I'd like try heavier coverage plus sunscreen. UPDATE: too heavy for my oily skin. I switched to mineral makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mfoster9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff isn't so good...there are many many many better foundations out there. It didn't have great coverage - my MD tinted moisurizer covered redness much better. The colors were perfect for me, though. Nonetheless, it was oily and didn't have much staying power. I tried it a few times and every time a few hours later it would me shiny and not doing what I wanted it to do - and I have normal skin and have never had a problem with shine before. Maybe it's good for dry skin, but not for mine!