April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it. This does a brilliant job of keeping my brows slicked back and gives my lashes a nicely defined, separated, slightly darker look. It holds a curl and doesn't leave that flakey, gluey-looking residue some clear mascaras can.

The brushes on the 'brow' end and 'lash' end differ, but I'm not sure if the formula does. In any case, I use both sides for brows and lashes and it's fine, although I find the 'lash' wand does work best for my lashes in terms of applying the mascara.

You don't get a lot of the product but it's only 1.50 on the U.K E.L.F site and given it works so well I don't mind!

This is a staple in my make-up bag; a definite thumbs-up to a re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This clear mascara was the BEST cheap product i have bought this year! The lash gloss goes on nice and clear and maintains that wonderful, separated, wet look for as long as you need it to. It is now my go-to for whenever i have to go out but don't feel like putting on much makeup, so it's ideal for a natural look. Sometimes i just wear it with a little black liner, lip gloss, and loose powder and i'm good to go. And if i feel like being precise, i'll take my E.L.F lash comb and brush it through after applying for extra separation.

The brow gloss works well too, i just don't use it as often, but it really holds those stray hairs that tend to fall out of place, without residue. I don't have to use an eyebrow pencil much anymore either, which is a great thing.

Overall, this product is definitely one where you get bang for your buck. The packaging is simple and pretty, and the product works just as good. Removal is also a piece of cake, just wash off with some soap and water. Without a doubt, it's one of the best products in the E.L.F line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by JennyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works really good! Will buy again in the future! For dirt cheap this works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good for holding brows in place as well as a lash primer! It makes my lashes longer before my black mascara. Will repurchase definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buy this product if you are like me and you -absolutely- need a brow gel. I started to notice other drugstore makeup companies like Revlon and Maybelline discontinuing their brow gels. I was distraught and started to consider buying hair gel to use. I won't now that I have a better and cheaper alternative!

The brow gel helps my brows stay in place, and doesn't rub off the powder underneath. Perhaps my tube will tint brown-black at some point, but it doesn't bother me since the gel won't be used on anything other than my brows anyway.

The other end of the tube is a clear mascara, though many speculate it's the same formula on both ends. I don't like to use the mascara just because my eyelashes desperately need a volumizing mascara, and a clear gel just isn't going to cut it. Anyway, it's definitely a re-buy because it does the job and it only costs $1.00.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

This is SUCH a great investment for a dollar! It keeps my brow hair in place all day without making it feel gross and stiff. I know one side is for lashes but I just use both for my brows and I find them to work the same. Honestly, all brow gels work the same for me I've tried the Anastasia one and I really don't see a huge different with the ELF one. And come on, it's only a dollar. You can't go wrong with that. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

too all the girls & boys spending a fortune on clear brow gels or clear mascaras- QUIT NOW & GO BUY THIS! This duo is absolutely fabulous for so many reason esp the price and performance. Dont let the $1 price tag fool you- it works wonders!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This duo ended mascara/gel is only $1!! yes $1 no matter where you pick it up. It can be found on ELF website eyeslipsface or Target.ive also seen them at Dollar Trees, Dollar General, Big Lots, Sears Grand, Klingensmiths. ive seen this a few places but generally always at Target or site. But no matter where, it was always $1
FORMULA- this duo has two sides, a clear mascara side as well as a brow gel side. i find both sides will work for either job- they are both great. the brow gel side is great for setting your brows in place after using a powder to fill your brows in or as i use it, alone for just running the wand thru to make my brows look polished or like they belong like that. it dont leave a glossy like since at first they will be a tad glossy due to the formula but once dried, nothing can be seen, its invisible. And the clear mascara side is great for using to define lashes and lift them without using say a brown or black. it makes it look very natural but defined. lifts and defines very well. i like using it alot when i want a really natural look (rarely but some occasions call for it) but i think the only slight difference i can tell is well maybe the mascara may be a tad bit of a thinner consistency but for real its so hard to see the diff between the two that sometimes i use either side for either job. they both do great for whatever u use it for. what clear mascara or brow gel is also great for is if you need something for glitter to stick to but dont want to go out to buy an adhedsive for a one time thing- try this but also can be used to mix with powders or gels to make your own mascaras or gel liners. i think it would work. either way you use this- it works. my brows stay in place all day, with or w/out powders. and as a mascara it keeps my lashes looking nice & natural for hours.
PACKAGING- this is simple see thru hard plastic. its a skinny tube. its almost like a pencil but a big thick chunky pencil. this duo comes w/ two sides- both sides get the same amount of product since they are divided by a hard plastic piece where you will twist open or close each side. both sides have a traditional bristle hair wand. the brow side has a smaller size wand that ends is flat. the mascara has a slight more rounded edge to it. each one is small enough for precision to get smaller areas but big enough for definition. i love the wands. simple & easy to use. they are labeled on the plastic connecting piece so you will see which side is what. its simple and convienent will def slip into pocket or in any travel bag. slim so storage is simple and wont take up much room at all.
pverall i think everyone should have this for moments when clear gel or mascara is needed. i do have full brows that dont need filled in of any type but i do love to use this gel to put them in their place. they instantly lift my brows & make em look so much better! i love it even after i thought i wouldnt need something like this- i was WRONG! this is fab and def worth the $1! it will last you many uses and i def will repurchase even though i already have bought a backup. whats nice is if you run out of the brow side first, the mascara side will work just fine on the brows. great multitasker
ie

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by avahni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, ladies. I am absolutely thrilled to have this in my makeup collection. The main reason I bought it was because of the very low price ($1) at Target. I wasn't expecting any super amazing and just decided to use it if I needed it for my weirdly shaped eyebrows. I tried the mascara side and was absolutely blown away! It gave my lashes so much separation and definition. Usually my eyelashes get all clumped together but the mascara just did it for me. I now use it for a primer for my black mascara and it gives me so much control and my eyelashes look incredible. I feel like my eyelashes are these flowers that petals have bloomed to the so long and beautiful.

The brow gel however, was so difficult to shape my eyebrows with. It takes a lot of time to get them shaped because I feel like there is too much gel on the brow brush even if I try getting off the excess.

But overall, I am stricken with love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleycee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim, not really expecting much. If I were reviewing just the mascara portion, let's just say my rating would be a lot lower. I completely stopped using the mascara side. But the eyebrow side really impressed me. It keeps my eyebrows perfectly in place from the time I put it on, to the next time I wash my face. I've been saving tons of money on waxing now that I've come across this little gem. It's amazing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I usually use Maybelline Great Lash clear on my brows and lashes. It helps them grow while I sleep. I also find that my lashes don't do this weird bend, as they normally do, if I use it at night. I was looking for a cheaper version and found E.L.F's. This ends up drying into a crusty substance. I applied it at night and while it's awesome for brows if you want to keep them in one spot, it's not for lashes. Especially waking up to both the bottom & top lashes stuck together from this product. Since it was a $1 I did end up just tossing it.

5/18/13 update: I still won't use this. I re-tried it at one point since it's so cheap. I like cheap products that work. This won't work though. It seems to but once it dries it's just a flaky mess. It makes me look like I have dandruff in my eyebrows.