November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

I have had severe dry, flaky, splity, bleedy lips my whole life and Ive literally tried every lipbalm and treatment out there, but nothing worked!

so I came across this review and thought it sounded so weird it might actually work! I found it easlly at the local supermarket, and it was pretty cheap too!

tasteless!
no smell!
a little bit goes a long way!

I applied it to my lips at night and the next morning it was a COMPLETE MIRACLE! my lips were totally soft, smooth and not a split or flake or dry spot in site! they looked like something airbrushed from a magazine! I couldnt stop touching them!

Ive since threw out all lip balms and treatments. this is it!

if you have any lip dryness issues then BUY THIS! its my top HG product and Ill buy it as long as its available!! (though I think this one tube will last me a VERY long time!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are anything like me,you already know how frustrating it is to try a lip treatment and seeing money going down the drain because it doesn't do a crap, it claim to do.The best thing ,I found for my lips ,well until now, was CARMEX.I say until now,because I think I am gonna ditch CARMEX for this new GEM that I have I discovered.
So here is the story.I was cleaning the drawers and I found my leftover Lansinoh breast cream which I used religiously the first few week when I started breastfeeding.(I have a three month old).It is meant to sooth,heal dry and cracked nipples.Funny ,I have read it thousand time but it never crossed my mind that it can be used on lips ,after all its suppose to heal and sooth and worst of worst ,if I apply how bad it can be :).So I applied it last night and voila I have super soft lips in the morning.Its consistency is tacky ,not smooth like CARMEX so I will not recommend it for day use ,unless and of course if you like that kind of feel.Because its super tacky,its staying power is more..I guess that helps.Overall ,its a wonderful discovery for me and I will definitely recommend it to you,if everything has failed you.All the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my hg! i have been using this for years. for my lips it is the only thing that works. i also use it on cuts and any type of skin abrasions as well and they heal within a couple days. i purchase this in the tiny .25oz tube which is very hard to find, but i order it online or thru ebay. i keep one in my purse, bathroom and car so i am never without it. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by charb3

My lifesaver through the Canadian winter! Chapped lips were eliminated virtually overnight! Lips felt soft and plump! I am a firm believer in this for chapped lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has replaced Vaseline as my 'need major moisture quick' product. I have major allergy issues, and when I have big attacks I'm blowing my nose upwards of 50 times a day. Of course, following these episodes my nose and upper lip gets red, cracked, dry, peeling, raw, you name it. Lanolin has majorly speeded healing times on these areas. I can actually wear makeup again in just a couple of days when I use it. It's a miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really goopy heavy lip product so I weear it at night when i go to bed. I am not overly impressed when i wake up in the morning, but then again I have the driest lips I know of from taking a round of accutane. this is better than aquaphor or vaseline, but i still like carmex more. i am going to try blistex lip medex next

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this months ago and I swear that it is still full. That's how little you have to apply (to your lips - in my case).
The only 'issue' is that I have to really work this cream into my lips otherwise it's a little filmy. Which at night (when I apply this) isn't a huge problem...just thought I'd mention this small fact. My lips always get super chapped during the winter months and this does help quite a bit. It is worth the effort IMO. I do agree that the packaging leaves a bit to be desired...I'm pretty positive that even breastfeeding mothers aren't thrilled w/the packaging! I mean they know what they're doing...who needs it displayed that obviously?! At any rate...don't be afraid to give this a go! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by alula

I really like this product and would definitely buy again.

I found this stuff on MUA and mainly bought it for my lips, but ended up using it on my face! This winter has been really hard on my skin. I've been experimenting with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and plain ol' Vaseline to heal my super dry, red, sensitive facial skin. They both definitely helped my skin the most (and I have other really nice Chanel/Lancome products, plus some good basics like Cetaphil. Nothing helped!)

So, after reading that pure lanolin is not really the pore-clogging villain some people think it is, I decided to pat a *tiny* amount on my face after moisturizing in the morning. Well, I cannot tell you how much my skin has transformed back to a smooth, glowy, porcelain, (mostly) zit-free face. Naturally, a little goes a long way, but I do not find it greasy - just glowy. It also looks great under mineral makeup IMO..

My advice for those of you with very sensitive skin is to not immediately write off lanolin or petroleum based products. If you don't have wool allergy issues, products such as 8 Hour Cream or lanolin can really buffer and heal skin in the winter. I never thought my skin would tolerate something so thick that I assumed would break me out horribly, but my skin really did get better. Took a lot of courage to try it though!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by swtxfi

I felt so weird when I went to pay at the cash register for this stuff because I was buying it for the purpose of a lip balm but this stuff works SO well. It tastes funny but I understand because it's not made for your lips. If you apply too much and you start talking...it ends up a white goop on the corners of your mouth so I only use it at night before bed. When I wake up, my lips are so soft and supple they feel so kissable! =) I find that it changes my lip colour...I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them but my lips turn to a really really pretty baby pink colour after it sinks in which I love. I'd buy this again but I don't think I have to for at least a few years. The price is on the high side I'd say but it'll last you for ages. Overall fantastic product for your lips, so I assume it works wonders for it's intended purpose as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

came across this bc latest product review happened to be on this product. okay, i used this almost five 1/2 yrs ago post-childbirth. I'm here to tell u that the product worked exactly as advert'd and i was faithful at/during the appropriate time period. when it comes 2 gen'l lip treatments, trust this mom when i tell u there r better options -- from Sally Hansen, no less.