December 20, 2014 | 936 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE! So much better than anything I've ever used. So cheap. Easy to find. Will never use Paw Paw or any other over hyped lip balm again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome for chapped lips and also for dry nails, dry cuticles, feet and just about anything else that gets dry and chapped. My husband's finger tips split and crack in winter from dryness (it's his good excuse for never washing dishes!) and this has been very helpful for him. I use it at night time in winter on my lips and on my cuticles and it works so well to seal in moisture.

As another reviewer commented, the packaging is dreadful - a plastic tube with an impossibly tiny opening. This cream is thick at the best of times and during the winter, in a cold house, you cannot squeeze it from the tube without fear of the tube itself splitting or exploding. I've since cut the tube open and scooped the cream out into small jars so it is easier to get at and apply.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

I have had severe dry, flaky, splity, bleedy lips my whole life and Ive literally tried every lipbalm and treatment out there, but nothing worked!

so I came across this review and thought it sounded so weird it might actually work! I found it easlly at the local supermarket, and it was pretty cheap too!

tasteless!
no smell!
a little bit goes a long way!

I applied it to my lips at night and the next morning it was a COMPLETE MIRACLE! my lips were totally soft, smooth and not a split or flake or dry spot in site! they looked like something airbrushed from a magazine! I couldnt stop touching them!

Ive since threw out all lip balms and treatments. this is it!

if you have any lip dryness issues then BUY THIS! its my top HG product and Ill buy it as long as its available!! (though I think this one tube will last me a VERY long time!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are anything like me,you already know how frustrating it is to try a lip treatment and seeing money going down the drain because it doesn't do a crap, it claim to do.The best thing ,I found for my lips ,well until now, was CARMEX.I say until now,because I think I am gonna ditch CARMEX for this new GEM that I have I discovered.
So here is the story.I was cleaning the drawers and I found my leftover Lansinoh breast cream which I used religiously the first few week when I started breastfeeding.(I have a three month old).It is meant to sooth,heal dry and cracked nipples.Funny ,I have read it thousand time but it never crossed my mind that it can be used on lips ,after all its suppose to heal and sooth and worst of worst ,if I apply how bad it can be :).So I applied it last night and voila I have super soft lips in the morning.Its consistency is tacky ,not smooth like CARMEX so I will not recommend it for day use ,unless and of course if you like that kind of feel.Because its super tacky,its staying power is more..I guess that helps.Overall ,its a wonderful discovery for me and I will definitely recommend it to you,if everything has failed you.All the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my hg! i have been using this for years. for my lips it is the only thing that works. i also use it on cuts and any type of skin abrasions as well and they heal within a couple days. i purchase this in the tiny .25oz tube which is very hard to find, but i order it online or thru ebay. i keep one in my purse, bathroom and car so i am never without it. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by charb3

My lifesaver through the Canadian winter! Chapped lips were eliminated virtually overnight! Lips felt soft and plump! I am a firm believer in this for chapped lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has replaced Vaseline as my 'need major moisture quick' product. I have major allergy issues, and when I have big attacks I'm blowing my nose upwards of 50 times a day. Of course, following these episodes my nose and upper lip gets red, cracked, dry, peeling, raw, you name it. Lanolin has majorly speeded healing times on these areas. I can actually wear makeup again in just a couple of days when I use it. It's a miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really goopy heavy lip product so I weear it at night when i go to bed. I am not overly impressed when i wake up in the morning, but then again I have the driest lips I know of from taking a round of accutane. this is better than aquaphor or vaseline, but i still like carmex more. i am going to try blistex lip medex next

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this months ago and I swear that it is still full. That's how little you have to apply (to your lips - in my case).
The only 'issue' is that I have to really work this cream into my lips otherwise it's a little filmy. Which at night (when I apply this) isn't a huge problem...just thought I'd mention this small fact. My lips always get super chapped during the winter months and this does help quite a bit. It is worth the effort IMO. I do agree that the packaging leaves a bit to be desired...I'm pretty positive that even breastfeeding mothers aren't thrilled w/the packaging! I mean they know what they're doing...who needs it displayed that obviously?! At any rate...don't be afraid to give this a go! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by alula

I really like this product and would definitely buy again.

I found this stuff on MUA and mainly bought it for my lips, but ended up using it on my face! This winter has been really hard on my skin. I've been experimenting with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and plain ol' Vaseline to heal my super dry, red, sensitive facial skin. They both definitely helped my skin the most (and I have other really nice Chanel/Lancome products, plus some good basics like Cetaphil. Nothing helped!)

So, after reading that pure lanolin is not really the pore-clogging villain some people think it is, I decided to pat a *tiny* amount on my face after moisturizing in the morning. Well, I cannot tell you how much my skin has transformed back to a smooth, glowy, porcelain, (mostly) zit-free face. Naturally, a little goes a long way, but I do not find it greasy - just glowy. It also looks great under mineral makeup IMO..

My advice for those of you with very sensitive skin is to not immediately write off lanolin or petroleum based products. If you don't have wool allergy issues, products such as 8 Hour Cream or lanolin can really buffer and heal skin in the winter. I never thought my skin would tolerate something so thick that I assumed would break me out horribly, but my skin really did get better. Took a lot of courage to try it though!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No