August 30, 2014 | 1120 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really goopy heavy lip product so I weear it at night when i go to bed. I am not overly impressed when i wake up in the morning, but then again I have the driest lips I know of from taking a round of accutane. this is better than aquaphor or vaseline, but i still like carmex more. i am going to try blistex lip medex next

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this months ago and I swear that it is still full. That's how little you have to apply (to your lips - in my case).
The only 'issue' is that I have to really work this cream into my lips otherwise it's a little filmy. Which at night (when I apply this) isn't a huge problem...just thought I'd mention this small fact. My lips always get super chapped during the winter months and this does help quite a bit. It is worth the effort IMO. I do agree that the packaging leaves a bit to be desired...I'm pretty positive that even breastfeeding mothers aren't thrilled w/the packaging! I mean they know what they're doing...who needs it displayed that obviously?! At any rate...don't be afraid to give this a go! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by alula

I really like this product and would definitely buy again.

I found this stuff on MUA and mainly bought it for my lips, but ended up using it on my face! This winter has been really hard on my skin. I've been experimenting with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and plain ol' Vaseline to heal my super dry, red, sensitive facial skin. They both definitely helped my skin the most (and I have other really nice Chanel/Lancome products, plus some good basics like Cetaphil. Nothing helped!)

So, after reading that pure lanolin is not really the pore-clogging villain some people think it is, I decided to pat a *tiny* amount on my face after moisturizing in the morning. Well, I cannot tell you how much my skin has transformed back to a smooth, glowy, porcelain, (mostly) zit-free face. Naturally, a little goes a long way, but I do not find it greasy - just glowy. It also looks great under mineral makeup IMO..

My advice for those of you with very sensitive skin is to not immediately write off lanolin or petroleum based products. If you don't have wool allergy issues, products such as 8 Hour Cream or lanolin can really buffer and heal skin in the winter. I never thought my skin would tolerate something so thick that I assumed would break me out horribly, but my skin really did get better. Took a lot of courage to try it though!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by swtxfi

I felt so weird when I went to pay at the cash register for this stuff because I was buying it for the purpose of a lip balm but this stuff works SO well. It tastes funny but I understand because it's not made for your lips. If you apply too much and you start talking...it ends up a white goop on the corners of your mouth so I only use it at night before bed. When I wake up, my lips are so soft and supple they feel so kissable! =) I find that it changes my lip colour...I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them but my lips turn to a really really pretty baby pink colour after it sinks in which I love. I'd buy this again but I don't think I have to for at least a few years. The price is on the high side I'd say but it'll last you for ages. Overall fantastic product for your lips, so I assume it works wonders for it's intended purpose as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

came across this bc latest product review happened to be on this product. okay, i used this almost five 1/2 yrs ago post-childbirth. I'm here to tell u that the product worked exactly as advert'd and i was faithful at/during the appropriate time period. when it comes 2 gen'l lip treatments, trust this mom when i tell u there r better options -- from Sally Hansen, no less.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by taharrell

I bought this after reading all the amazing reviews. This is one time I wished I didn't believe in MUA's opinions.

My lips are flakier & drier after using this product multiple occasions at different times of the day with differing weather conditions. It's a pain to get this out of the tube. You either get nothing or too much. And yes, I did warm the tube in my hands before trying to get product out.

I'm back to my beloved Aquaphor which quickly fixed the dryness that Lansinoh Lanolin left behind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

As a lip balm: I've never had cracked, peeling lips until I started using this. Seriously. This dried my lips out even more. Maybe I'm the odd one, I don't know. But I also dislike the smell, it's like old lipstick. Not the cheapest, too. I went back to using Labello blue.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this because of MUA reviews. Honestly, its nothing special. I've gotten the same moisturizing results from many lip balms that were made for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by finesttluv

i can't believe i never thought to review this!
its kinda weird using a breastfeeding cream on your lips but its soo worth the embarrassment of travelling with it or bringing it over for a sleepover. i made my friends try it and now they don't tease me about this anymore :D

i spread a generous amount on my lips right before sleep. i wake up with luscious silky smooth lips. definetly a staple. totally rec to everyone with chapped & dry lips. HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

When I read the MUA reviews, I thought that this was pretty funny. I decided to give it a try because MUA mostly always right and I haven't found an overnight lip treatment that worked for me. I went to Target and got this in the maternity section (the section where the baby bottles are). It cost less than $9 for a 2oz bottle: a little goes a long ways! I used this nightly and within 2 nights I noticed that my lips peeled a lot less during the day! This is the only stuff that I have used that stays on all night. By the time I wake up, I can feel a film on my lips which tells me that this stuff is still working by the morning. This is bar none the best overnight lip treatment I have used. It's unscented, and the texture is sticky.

I have tried to use it on my cuticles and a little goes a long way. Even though it's sticky, it absorbs super fast. I also tried it on the bottom of my foot which was a little dry. That worked great!

Cons: the packaging is a bit embarrassing, but that's easily solved by putting a little bit in an empty pigment jar.

Update: it's been over 2 years since I have started to use this, and I still regularly use Lansinoh Lanolin as a night treatment (in fact, this is the same tube that I'm using so it does last super long). I never have to even touch my chapstick during the day and my lips have not chapped since. Definitely HG!

Great multi-tasker; highly recommend!