July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I rely on Duo Eyelash Adhesive! I've gone through several different brands and kinds of eyelash glue, so now I know: Duo's the one.

I'm a big fan of the Dark-Tone eyelash glue. I'm on my second tube but before that I used several tubes of the Colorless without knowing that Dark-Tone even existed. The Colorless came out of the tube white and dried clear, while the Dark-Tone comes out of the tube gray and dries black.

If Colorless dries clear, why have I converted to Dark-Tone? It seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but Colorless has a very slight glossiness to it. If I were perfect at applying falsies that wouldn't be an issue, but since I'm not I appreciate not having to worry about a little extra glue. With Colorless, extra glue wouldn't quite blend in with the darkness and texture of my eyeliner/mascara, though it wasn't super noticeable. If I tried to carefully pick extra bits off, though, the dried glue would sort of "bunch" and look a sort of yellowish-white... which is NOT the look I want.

Dark-Tone works for me because it dries to a black that blends right into my mascara/eyeliner, so I don't even notice it. I always felt like I could see my Colorless after it dried but didn't mind it because it wasn't too noticeable. Now that I know there's an alternative where visibility doesn't have to even occur to me, I go with that!

I think Colorless was a slightly stretchier glue than Dark-Tone. It's hard to explain, but I think they're slightly different consistencies. I worried that Dark-Tone wouldn't be as adhesive when I first tried it, but I never had a flaking falsie problem with Colorless and I don't with Dark-Tone.

For background: I'm Asian, so I do have naturally black lashes. I don't think Dark-Tone would be a problem for blondes, though, as falsies usually imply a dark lashline which is what dark-tone will give you (if you use blackish - I use black-brown -eyeliner or mascara, Dark-Tone will blend right in). I've only used this glue with individual lashes, which are those small clusters, so I can't advise on how the glue works with a strip of lashes. I just squeeze a little glue onto a surface, dip the ends of my individual clusters right in, and stick them on - don't even have to wait. I'm still a little paranoid about a falsie coming off, but it's never happened yet (even in really windy weather! I wouldn't go skydiving with falsies, though).

This is really easy to remove, I sort of "pluck" them off at the end of the night. That probably isn't recommended but I haven't had an eyelash loss problem yet, and this way, I get to reuse them. I apply lashes after I use mascara so maybe that's why - the glue is adhering more to the mascara than my eyelashes, or something. I've tried the Ardell equivalent and it just doesn't compare - you have to wait for it to dry to a certain consistency before you begin to use, that sort of annoyance - and their Lash Tite Adhesive is a nightmare. I'm not saying Duo is infallible, but you can trust them. Depending on your area it's around $6-7 for a 1/4 oz. or 7g tube, which lasts me around 3 months with daily use.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this over, & over, & over again. Keeps lashes in place, dries fast, & does not irritate my eyes. I use the clear kind. Not to single out the one bad review for this stuff, lol, but I thought this stuff was surgical glue...maybe Im wrong?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This glue is quite lasting, and much better than the horrible Ardell Lashgrip I have tried. It usually makes my lashes stay on all day, though it may loosen at the sides if I yawn and tear. But it's not waterproof, so maybe the waterproof version will work better. It also dries clear, which I love. I hate how it has no applicator though. I have to use a cotton bud to apply the glue.

This is the exact same thing selling at MAC counters. I bought this at the counter for a hefty 16 Singapore dollars, which is exorbitant. It is definitely selling for much less on certain websites.

Edit: Revised the rating to 3 lippies because while it is better than the very first eyelash adhesive I tried (Ardell), the hold just isn't strong enough to warrant 4 lippies. It's a decent glue if you don't tear when you yawn, but I find myself having to touch up the glue throughout the day due to watery eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I apply my eyelashes after my eyeshadow and liner with Duo dark eyelash glue. It dries black, and it gets tacky fast, so it's so easy to apply the lashes. It holds up throughout the whole day too. I've never had a problem where my eyelashes were hanging off when wearing this. SO much better than Ardell lash glue. Definitely worth the couple extra dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried 4 different types of glue, always afraid to try the dark, which dries black and I love it. It is the best and better than the surgical one, I guarantee. I've tried many lashes working at a casino I always experimented. Will always come back to this one, dark/black and have the others rolling around my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

It's good glue but the dark eyelash glue is way better. I've honestly tried 4 different adhesives, this is not the best but will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many many ds brand lash adhesive. I thought i would never find one that doesn't get white clumps when it's dry, and holds my falsies so well. I said to myself that this will be my last try, b/c it seems to be the most expensive adhesive product on the market. This worked wonders. I will never again get so paranoid everyday about my falsies falling off. And this made putting on falsies super easy. Forget all the ds adhesive, and invest your money on this one. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff. For about 4-5 months last year, I wore fake eyelashes everyday, all day. This glue is amazing, never failing me. You just have to make sure you do it right. You must follow the directions or your eyelashes will not stick. I've had situations where I was in a hurry and didn't do it right and my eyelashes peeled off. You have to put the right amount of glue on, too much it will ooze all over your eyes, too little it will take your eyelashes off. This glue though, when done right, is a huge hit. It never failed me for 5 months, well, almost never :) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by crnorman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is better than the other drug store brands I have tried, but if you want the good stuff get the Surgical Adhesive. If you need something from a big store, get this, because it will hold enough, but it is not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by crnorman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best stuff EVER. I have used EVERY kind of eyelash glue, and this stuff is the best. You don't have to wait around on the glue to dry, you just put the glue on and slap those babies on! I love this stuff, it lasts forever, you only need a little bit, and the container is rather large! Don't waste your money on that other watery stuff, it isn't worth it. Buy this!