October 21, 2014 | 849 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is simply the best! Don't waste your time with other eyelash glue brands, especially the ones that come with most drugstore eyelashes. Just buy this and you will be satisfied!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by stripewhite

This adhesive works a bit too well. It ripped 4 or 5 eyelashes out of my right eye!!!!! I am so scared of using fake eyelashes now! I am still in pain and lashes are thinner in one eye! This stuff is terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: I had it good for the first two tubes I used, but the quality doesn't seem at all consistent. Not to mention, it loses its ability to adhere well barely even halfway into the tube. Not worth the money.

I was a complete moron to have tried so many different brands of eyelash adhesives when I could've just bought DUO eyelash adhesive and been perfectly happy with it. Instead, I first tried its surgical adhesive, which was a disaster whenever my eyes watered and thought that this can't be any better. I couldn't have been more wrong.

This is without a doubt the best glue I've tried. Forget all my other reviews. This is waterproof, dries clear, and stays on all day. It's easy to remove both from my lids and from my fake lashes. The glue peels off easily from my fake lashes, keeping them in great shape for so much longer. I could've saved a ton of money by not having to replace my fake eyelashes so frequently, but because I hadn't yet discovered this product, I found myself in awkward situations where the ends of my lashes would come off after several hours. Either that or I end up getting glues that adhere really well but left glue residues all over the eyelashes.

My only gripe is its lack of applicator. I know some people love its tube form, but I've never mastered it, and always tend to squeeze too much at the wrong times. I have to apply the glue with a cotton bud and I really wish it came with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only eyelash glue I will ever use. I use the clear version and it does such a great job! It really keeps the eyelashes on your eye and is easy to clean off with a little rubbing alcohol. Does have a slight glossy quality after it dries, but all in all this is the best stuff hands down. I just go over the lash band with liquid liner anyway. Would certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I rely on Duo Eyelash Adhesive! I've gone through several different brands and kinds of eyelash glue, so now I know: Duo's the one.

I'm a big fan of the Dark-Tone eyelash glue. I'm on my second tube but before that I used several tubes of the Colorless without knowing that Dark-Tone even existed. The Colorless came out of the tube white and dried clear, while the Dark-Tone comes out of the tube gray and dries black.

If Colorless dries clear, why have I converted to Dark-Tone? It seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but Colorless has a very slight glossiness to it. If I were perfect at applying falsies that wouldn't be an issue, but since I'm not I appreciate not having to worry about a little extra glue. With Colorless, extra glue wouldn't quite blend in with the darkness and texture of my eyeliner/mascara, though it wasn't super noticeable. If I tried to carefully pick extra bits off, though, the dried glue would sort of "bunch" and look a sort of yellowish-white... which is NOT the look I want.

Dark-Tone works for me because it dries to a black that blends right into my mascara/eyeliner, so I don't even notice it. I always felt like I could see my Colorless after it dried but didn't mind it because it wasn't too noticeable. Now that I know there's an alternative where visibility doesn't have to even occur to me, I go with that!

I think Colorless was a slightly stretchier glue than Dark-Tone. It's hard to explain, but I think they're slightly different consistencies. I worried that Dark-Tone wouldn't be as adhesive when I first tried it, but I never had a flaking falsie problem with Colorless and I don't with Dark-Tone.

For background: I'm Asian, so I do have naturally black lashes. I don't think Dark-Tone would be a problem for blondes, though, as falsies usually imply a dark lashline which is what dark-tone will give you (if you use blackish - I use black-brown -eyeliner or mascara, Dark-Tone will blend right in). I've only used this glue with individual lashes, which are those small clusters, so I can't advise on how the glue works with a strip of lashes. I just squeeze a little glue onto a surface, dip the ends of my individual clusters right in, and stick them on - don't even have to wait. I'm still a little paranoid about a falsie coming off, but it's never happened yet (even in really windy weather! I wouldn't go skydiving with falsies, though).

This is really easy to remove, I sort of "pluck" them off at the end of the night. That probably isn't recommended but I haven't had an eyelash loss problem yet, and this way, I get to reuse them. I apply lashes after I use mascara so maybe that's why - the glue is adhering more to the mascara than my eyelashes, or something. I've tried the Ardell equivalent and it just doesn't compare - you have to wait for it to dry to a certain consistency before you begin to use, that sort of annoyance - and their Lash Tite Adhesive is a nightmare. I'm not saying Duo is infallible, but you can trust them. Depending on your area it's around $6-7 for a 1/4 oz. or 7g tube, which lasts me around 3 months with daily use.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this over, & over, & over again. Keeps lashes in place, dries fast, & does not irritate my eyes. I use the clear kind. Not to single out the one bad review for this stuff, lol, but I thought this stuff was surgical glue...maybe Im wrong?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This glue is quite lasting, and much better than the horrible Ardell Lashgrip I have tried. It usually makes my lashes stay on all day, though it may loosen at the sides if I yawn and tear. But it's not waterproof, so maybe the waterproof version will work better. It also dries clear, which I love. I hate how it has no applicator though. I have to use a cotton bud to apply the glue.

This is the exact same thing selling at MAC counters. I bought this at the counter for a hefty 16 Singapore dollars, which is exorbitant. It is definitely selling for much less on certain websites.

Edit: Revised the rating to 3 lippies because while it is better than the very first eyelash adhesive I tried (Ardell), the hold just isn't strong enough to warrant 4 lippies. It's a decent glue if you don't tear when you yawn, but I find myself having to touch up the glue throughout the day due to watery eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I apply my eyelashes after my eyeshadow and liner with Duo dark eyelash glue. It dries black, and it gets tacky fast, so it's so easy to apply the lashes. It holds up throughout the whole day too. I've never had a problem where my eyelashes were hanging off when wearing this. SO much better than Ardell lash glue. Definitely worth the couple extra dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried 4 different types of glue, always afraid to try the dark, which dries black and I love it. It is the best and better than the surgical one, I guarantee. I've tried many lashes working at a casino I always experimented. Will always come back to this one, dark/black and have the others rolling around my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

It's good glue but the dark eyelash glue is way better. I've honestly tried 4 different adhesives, this is not the best but will do.