DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

on 6/3/2009 10:43:00 PM

This glue sucks. My lashes would come off very easily when using this glue. Any humidity or watery eyes, and my lashes were gone. Not only that, but with the white glue, it turns white again when it gets wet & looks bad.

I wear my falsies for a week straight, but with this glue I was lucky if I got 4 hours of wear a lot of the time. It's too thin, and not sticky enough.

The glue I use and love is the same kind of glue as this, but it's a bit thicker and adheres much better. It's the black glue that you'd use to glue extensions in your hair. It can be found at most beauty supply stores, and a huge bottle (about 1 oz) costs about the same as (or less than) this itty bitty tube.

on 5/16/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

ive never been able to successfuly glue lashes to my oily eyelids. this is some very strong glue my lashes stayed on from 8am to 8pm no fuss. and i had been at work all day, and at a sweaty bar in the evening. it does take some mastering to know the exact moment when to begin placing the glued lashes above your lashline. i must stress do not stick the lashes to your own lashes ABOVE the lashline because although i can easily peel off my lashes there was one day when it was too close to my own and did almost yank out my own. to try and alleviate this problem i will always make sure i coat my own lashes well with two coats of mascara. it does dry clear but does have a slight sheen to it. however, this does not bother me. overall i love this adhesive. the one complaint i do have is the applicator tip is wayyyyy too big so you will find you squeeze out excess product regularly. other than that i will be sticking to this glue for a long time.

on 5/4/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a newbie for fake eyelashes, after reading instruction video youtube, I tried zillion time with the glue that comes with the box, I have no luck until I watched a video with a lady emphasizing the use of duo glue. It dries quicker than the other brand and it turns clear when it's almost dried. So, you know that's the time the lashes is ready! So I went to the drugstore to get one, also with some cheap ardells(sp?) lashes since it's recommended by other MUAers. It works very very well! I am very successful putting on fake lashes

on 4/26/2009 6:22:00 PM

This product is simply the best! Don't waste your time with other eyelash glue brands, especially the ones that come with most drugstore eyelashes. Just buy this and you will be satisfied!

on 3/28/2009 8:56:00 PM

This adhesive works a bit too well. It ripped 4 or 5 eyelashes out of my right eye!!!!! I am so scared of using fake eyelashes now! I am still in pain and lashes are thinner in one eye! This stuff is terrible.

on 2/17/2009 4:02:00 AM

Edit: I had it good for the first two tubes I used, but the quality doesn't seem at all consistent. Not to mention, it loses its ability to adhere well barely even halfway into the tube. Not worth the money.

I was a complete moron to have tried so many different brands of eyelash adhesives when I could've just bought DUO eyelash adhesive and been perfectly happy with it. Instead, I first tried its surgical adhesive, which was a disaster whenever my eyes watered and thought that this can't be any better. I couldn't have been more wrong.

This is without a doubt the best glue I've tried. Forget all my other reviews. This is waterproof, dries clear, and stays on all day. It's easy to remove both from my lids and from my fake lashes. The glue peels off easily from my fake lashes, keeping them in great shape for so much longer. I could've saved a ton of money by not having to replace my fake eyelashes so frequently, but because I hadn't yet discovered this product, I found myself in awkward situations where the ends of my lashes would come off after several hours. Either that or I end up getting glues that adhere really well but left glue residues all over the eyelashes.

My only gripe is its lack of applicator. I know some people love its tube form, but I've never mastered it, and always tend to squeeze too much at the wrong times. I have to apply the glue with a cotton bud and I really wish it came with a brush.

on 1/30/2009 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Only eyelash glue I will ever use. I use the clear version and it does such a great job! It really keeps the eyelashes on your eye and is easy to clean off with a little rubbing alcohol. Does have a slight glossy quality after it dries, but all in all this is the best stuff hands down. I just go over the lash band with liquid liner anyway. Would certainly repurchase.

on 12/21/2008 5:15:00 PM

I rely on Duo Eyelash Adhesive! I've gone through several different brands and kinds of eyelash glue, so now I know: Duo's the one.

I'm a big fan of the Dark-Tone eyelash glue. I'm on my second tube but before that I used several tubes of the Colorless without knowing that Dark-Tone even existed. The Colorless came out of the tube white and dried clear, while the Dark-Tone comes out of the tube gray and dries black.

If Colorless dries clear, why have I converted to Dark-Tone? It seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but Colorless has a very slight glossiness to it. If I were perfect at applying falsies that wouldn't be an issue, but since I'm not I appreciate not having to worry about a little extra glue. With Colorless, extra glue wouldn't quite blend in with the darkness and texture of my eyeliner/mascara, though it wasn't super noticeable. If I tried to carefully pick extra bits off, though, the dried glue would sort of "bunch" and look a sort of yellowish-white... which is NOT the look I want.

Dark-Tone works for me because it dries to a black that blends right into my mascara/eyeliner, so I don't even notice it. I always felt like I could see my Colorless after it dried but didn't mind it because it wasn't too noticeable. Now that I know there's an alternative where visibility doesn't have to even occur to me, I go with that!

I think Colorless was a slightly stretchier glue than Dark-Tone. It's hard to explain, but I think they're slightly different consistencies. I worried that Dark-Tone wouldn't be as adhesive when I first tried it, but I never had a flaking falsie problem with Colorless and I don't with Dark-Tone.

For background: I'm Asian, so I do have naturally black lashes. I don't think Dark-Tone would be a problem for blondes, though, as falsies usually imply a dark lashline which is what dark-tone will give you (if you use blackish - I use black-brown -eyeliner or mascara, Dark-Tone will blend right in). I've only used this glue with individual lashes, which are those small clusters, so I can't advise on how the glue works with a strip of lashes. I just squeeze a little glue onto a surface, dip the ends of my individual clusters right in, and stick them on - don't even have to wait. I'm still a little paranoid about a falsie coming off, but it's never happened yet (even in really windy weather! I wouldn't go skydiving with falsies, though).

This is really easy to remove, I sort of "pluck" them off at the end of the night. That probably isn't recommended but I haven't had an eyelash loss problem yet, and this way, I get to reuse them. I apply lashes after I use mascara so maybe that's why - the glue is adhering more to the mascara than my eyelashes, or something. I've tried the Ardell equivalent and it just doesn't compare - you have to wait for it to dry to a certain consistency before you begin to use, that sort of annoyance - and their Lash Tite Adhesive is a nightmare. I'm not saying Duo is infallible, but you can trust them. Depending on your area it's around $6-7 for a 1/4 oz. or 7g tube, which lasts me around 3 months with daily use.

on 4/30/2008 12:53:00 PM

I have bought this over, & over, & over again. Keeps lashes in place, dries fast, & does not irritate my eyes. I use the clear kind. Not to single out the one bad review for this stuff, lol, but I thought this stuff was surgical glue...maybe Im wrong?

on 4/26/2008 11:25:00 PM

This glue is quite lasting, and much better than the horrible Ardell Lashgrip I have tried. It usually makes my lashes stay on all day, though it may loosen at the sides if I yawn and tear. But it's not waterproof, so maybe the waterproof version will work better. It also dries clear, which I love. I hate how it has no applicator though. I have to use a cotton bud to apply the glue.

This is the exact same thing selling at MAC counters. I bought this at the counter for a hefty 16 Singapore dollars, which is exorbitant. It is definitely selling for much less on certain websites.

Edit: Revised the rating to 3 lippies because while it is better than the very first eyelash adhesive I tried (Ardell), the hold just isn't strong enough to warrant 4 lippies. It's a decent glue if you don't tear when you yawn, but I find myself having to touch up the glue throughout the day due to watery eyes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools