Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/1/2007 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ehh well i bought this once. and it was OK. so i repurchased it on a buy one get on 50% off deal at walgreens, but now im starting to regret it. i wear a lot more make up now than i did when i bought this the first time, and it shows me that this make up remover isnt very good for taking off lots of eye make up. its just for the touch-up stuff. well, i guess ill use the 2 bottles i have left and then see where i go from there.

on 12/14/2006 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

what is this stuff? acid? butane? it is horrible. for sensitive eyes? what? i don't think so. didn't even take off my makeup. and i hardly wear any. a black mascara applied lightly is mostly what i wear. this didn't even take it off with multiple cotton balls. the next morning i had more mascara under my eyes. it also just burned and made my eyes water. i wanted to like it because it was oil free and i hate oil around and getting into my eyes....but this sucks. i think i'll try jojoba oil to remove it.

on 10/30/2006 5:20:00 PM

This is awful! Didn't take my eye make up off and really stung my eyes, even after I'd washed my face as normal they were still watering. I've used it twice and it's going in the bin. What a waste of money. Sweet almond oil is more effective, gentler and cheaper, why did I bother with this? Terrible.

on 10/13/2006 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I hate this stuff! It doesn't remove all of my eye makeup and it stings my eyes! It leaves a sticky residue and I don't recommend this at all. In fact, I am throwing mine away.

on 6/2/2006 12:52:00 AM

An impulse buy...and a mistake. It works, but not as described. I was looking forward to taking off waterproof mascara by rubbing the gel on my eye lashes and washing off with water. Those are the directions. I looked like a racoon. Applying the gel with a cotton ball did remove my mascara.

I think the key is in the product description on the back of the bottle. One paragraph explains the product takes off waterproof mascara. The next paragraph says the remover is designed for Almay mascara. Perhaps it works as described only for Almay waterproof mascaras. I can't imagine how sorry they are!

I tried Almay's "moisturizing" makeup remover liquid and it was awful (see my review on that) so I decided to try the oil-free version. This one is better than the moisturizing one, but it's still nothing great. I don't have sensitive eyes, but this stings quite a bit. I had to scrub at my lower lids to get my eyeliner off, and I don't wear waterproof eyeliner. Looks like it's time to go back to my old favorite, Clinique's Take the Day Off.

on 3/29/2006 4:27:00 AM

I bought this thinking it would be a good way to help break down my eye makeup, but I was wrong. Pretty much, you glob the stuff over your eyelids, massage it around all the while creating a goopy mess of product and eyemakeup that easily gets into and stings your eyes, and tissue it off (but you'll probably feel the need to rinse it off). It's kind of like using a lightweight lotion to try and remove eye makeup, both in consistancy and effectiveness. Since you'll likely have to rinse it from your eyes anyway, why not just use a good and much more effective facial cleanser?

on 3/27/2006 4:30:00 AM

I dont reccomened this product to people. I tried it thinking a gel would be better than a liquid makeup remover i was totally wrong. It taked me forever to get my eye makeup off and it doesnt even come off all the way!!!! Im sticking with the liquid.

I like this because it's not wet and greasy and I love gels. I don't think it removes as well as any liquid I've used in the past but I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, so it works fine with me. My mom, however, didn't like it at all and said it burned her eyes so she gave me her bottle. I think it's very cooling and I don't know, I just like this. I guess I'm in the minority. ha

on 2/10/2006 11:19:00 AM

Did not like this. I wear waterproof mascara (and sometimes waterproof eyeliner) and this got hardly anything off. I also didn't like having to massage this onto my made-up eyes since I wasn't sure whether it'd sting my eyes (they were tightly screwed shut, you can be sure). The consistency was that of a light, liquidy gel (it reminded me of baby shampoo) and there didn't seem to be a noticeable fragrance. It comes in a small, purple squeeze tube. I think baby shampoo works way better for removing regular eye makeup and jojoba oil (or any kind of oil) works better for removing waterproof stuff. Besides which, both of these are way cheaper since you can buy larger bottles. Would not repurchase.