December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SugarKane78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is awful! Didn't take my eye make up off and really stung my eyes, even after I'd washed my face as normal they were still watering. I've used it twice and it's going in the bin. What a waste of money. Sweet almond oil is more effective, gentler and cheaper, why did I bother with this? Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bettysuegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff! It doesn't remove all of my eye makeup and it stings my eyes! It leaves a sticky residue and I don't recommend this at all. In fact, I am throwing mine away.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by stipeluvr

An impulse buy...and a mistake. It works, but not as described. I was looking forward to taking off waterproof mascara by rubbing the gel on my eye lashes and washing off with water. Those are the directions. I looked like a racoon. Applying the gel with a cotton ball did remove my mascara.

I think the key is in the product description on the back of the bottle. One paragraph explains the product takes off waterproof mascara. The next paragraph says the remover is designed for Almay mascara. Perhaps it works as described only for Almay waterproof mascaras. I can't imagine how sorry they are!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I tried Almay's "moisturizing" makeup remover liquid and it was awful (see my review on that) so I decided to try the oil-free version. This one is better than the moisturizing one, but it's still nothing great. I don't have sensitive eyes, but this stings quite a bit. I had to scrub at my lower lids to get my eyeliner off, and I don't wear waterproof eyeliner. Looks like it's time to go back to my old favorite, Clinique's Take the Day Off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it would be a good way to help break down my eye makeup, but I was wrong. Pretty much, you glob the stuff over your eyelids, massage it around all the while creating a goopy mess of product and eyemakeup that easily gets into and stings your eyes, and tissue it off (but you'll probably feel the need to rinse it off). It's kind of like using a lightweight lotion to try and remove eye makeup, both in consistancy and effectiveness. Since you'll likely have to rinse it from your eyes anyway, why not just use a good and much more effective facial cleanser?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by TBO1

I dont reccomened this product to people. I tried it thinking a gel would be better than a liquid makeup remover i was totally wrong. It taked me forever to get my eye makeup off and it doesnt even come off all the way!!!! Im sticking with the liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I like this because it's not wet and greasy and I love gels. I don't think it removes as well as any liquid I've used in the past but I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, so it works fine with me. My mom, however, didn't like it at all and said it burned her eyes so she gave me her bottle. I think it's very cooling and I don't know, I just like this. I guess I'm in the minority. ha

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Did not like this. I wear waterproof mascara (and sometimes waterproof eyeliner) and this got hardly anything off. I also didn't like having to massage this onto my made-up eyes since I wasn't sure whether it'd sting my eyes (they were tightly screwed shut, you can be sure). The consistency was that of a light, liquidy gel (it reminded me of baby shampoo) and there didn't seem to be a noticeable fragrance. It comes in a small, purple squeeze tube. I think baby shampoo works way better for removing regular eye makeup and jojoba oil (or any kind of oil) works better for removing waterproof stuff. Besides which, both of these are way cheaper since you can buy larger bottles. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BShane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the size of this product. At 1.5 oz., it is small enough to pack easily yet holds enough product to last several months. The packaging is strong and serviceable: a plastic squeeze tube with screw-on cap. The aesthetics could stand some improvement, and the cap could be made a bit handier. The product works beautifully. Before cleansing at night, I splash my face with water and apply the eye makeup remover gel, sometimes letting it work while I brush my teeth. By the time I remove the gel with a cotton ball, nearly all of the eye makeup comes off, with no need for rubbing. What little remnant of makeup remains is easily removed with a cotton swab. After cleansing, none of the remover gel remains. My only suggestion for Almay would be to make the gel just a bit thinner. All in all, it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like this makeup remover -- I gave it a 2 because, though it didn't irritate my eyes, it didn't remove my eye-makeup very well! I'd always wake up with smeared mascara on my face when I used this. I've tried the pads, and like them... but for some reason, this little bottle doesn't do it for me.