July 31, 2014 | 1874 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it would be a good way to help break down my eye makeup, but I was wrong. Pretty much, you glob the stuff over your eyelids, massage it around all the while creating a goopy mess of product and eyemakeup that easily gets into and stings your eyes, and tissue it off (but you'll probably feel the need to rinse it off). It's kind of like using a lightweight lotion to try and remove eye makeup, both in consistancy and effectiveness. Since you'll likely have to rinse it from your eyes anyway, why not just use a good and much more effective facial cleanser?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by TBO1

I dont reccomened this product to people. I tried it thinking a gel would be better than a liquid makeup remover i was totally wrong. It taked me forever to get my eye makeup off and it doesnt even come off all the way!!!! Im sticking with the liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I like this because it's not wet and greasy and I love gels. I don't think it removes as well as any liquid I've used in the past but I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, so it works fine with me. My mom, however, didn't like it at all and said it burned her eyes so she gave me her bottle. I think it's very cooling and I don't know, I just like this. I guess I'm in the minority. ha

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Did not like this. I wear waterproof mascara (and sometimes waterproof eyeliner) and this got hardly anything off. I also didn't like having to massage this onto my made-up eyes since I wasn't sure whether it'd sting my eyes (they were tightly screwed shut, you can be sure). The consistency was that of a light, liquidy gel (it reminded me of baby shampoo) and there didn't seem to be a noticeable fragrance. It comes in a small, purple squeeze tube. I think baby shampoo works way better for removing regular eye makeup and jojoba oil (or any kind of oil) works better for removing waterproof stuff. Besides which, both of these are way cheaper since you can buy larger bottles. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BShane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the size of this product. At 1.5 oz., it is small enough to pack easily yet holds enough product to last several months. The packaging is strong and serviceable: a plastic squeeze tube with screw-on cap. The aesthetics could stand some improvement, and the cap could be made a bit handier. The product works beautifully. Before cleansing at night, I splash my face with water and apply the eye makeup remover gel, sometimes letting it work while I brush my teeth. By the time I remove the gel with a cotton ball, nearly all of the eye makeup comes off, with no need for rubbing. What little remnant of makeup remains is easily removed with a cotton swab. After cleansing, none of the remover gel remains. My only suggestion for Almay would be to make the gel just a bit thinner. All in all, it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like this makeup remover -- I gave it a 2 because, though it didn't irritate my eyes, it didn't remove my eye-makeup very well! I'd always wake up with smeared mascara on my face when I used this. I've tried the pads, and like them... but for some reason, this little bottle doesn't do it for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 4:21:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't care for this. It doesn't have a scent, and doesn't leave any oily residue on the eye area afterwards. A tube lasts quite a long time because you don't need to use much. To get the eye makeup off using this, you have to massage the gel onto the eye area & lashes and then rinse. It's just so messy... Plus, it stings if I accidentally get it into my eyes. I liked the Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads a lot better. So, I would not be repurchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tutudadu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I noticed a very strong odor when I used this product. Had it been on the shelf a long time before I purchased it and turned rancid or is that the "non" fragrance? It works ok, but I am afraid to get it in my eyes, so what's the use? I won't be using this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by evergreenmakeupluver

I've got the pads and they BURN!! Afterwards, the skin around my eyes is very irritated and sensitive. I have bought these twice now, hoping my eyes would get used to them, but no such luck. Will NOT repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This is a review for the lotion, which I thought would be just a liquid version of the pads. And I guess it is but, I don't know, this stung a little, while the pads do not. Perhaps because it's easy to oversaturate a cotton ball with this, whereas the pads have a measured amount? This is fine, but I do like the pads better.