Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

This product removes most make up but it does not take off everything. I had a previous bad experience with Estee Lauder's eye make up remover where I got burning sensation so the fact that this doesn't burn my eyelids makes me happy. I have to scrub my lids a few times which irritates my skin and even then, there will still be black residue on my lower lids the next morning, and it won't remove the MAC fluidline if it's too close to my lashes.

So what I do instead is use jojoba oil, which actually removes all my eye makeup (olive oil and coconut oil has gotten good reviews on MUA as well).

I would give this 2 lippies but I added a 3rd one because I've found a great use for it! I use a q-tip dipped in Almay's eye make up remover to fix mistakes when i put on eye make up and i will be repurchasing for that use! It removes just enough to fix a mistake and leaves ON enough for me to not have to do everything over again!

This worked fine at removing my eyeshadow, mascara, and concealer. I have yet to use it for taking off eyeliner. It did not sting for me at all, and i have really sensitive eyes. The only thing i don't like is that you have to go over your eyes a few times to get rid of all makeup.
edit: i realized that it doesn't get mascara off as thuroughly and i'd like and it pretty much sucks at taking of fluidline

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best eye-makeup remover I've used (I've tried Nivea, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, Clarins etc). It doesn't irritate my eyes; it effective at removing mascara, only takes a few swipes; and it's only 2.50. The only minor issue is if you completely remove the seal on a new bottle, too much lotion comes out, a suggestion is to just pierce a small hole through it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ehh well i bought this once. and it was OK. so i repurchased it on a buy one get on 50% off deal at walgreens, but now im starting to regret it. i wear a lot more make up now than i did when i bought this the first time, and it shows me that this make up remover isnt very good for taking off lots of eye make up. its just for the touch-up stuff. well, i guess ill use the 2 bottles i have left and then see where i go from there.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

what is this stuff? acid? butane? it is horrible. for sensitive eyes? what? i don't think so. didn't even take off my makeup. and i hardly wear any. a black mascara applied lightly is mostly what i wear. this didn't even take it off with multiple cotton balls. the next morning i had more mascara under my eyes. it also just burned and made my eyes water. i wanted to like it because it was oil free and i hate oil around and getting into my eyes....but this sucks. i think i'll try jojoba oil to remove it.

This is awful! Didn't take my eye make up off and really stung my eyes, even after I'd washed my face as normal they were still watering. I've used it twice and it's going in the bin. What a waste of money. Sweet almond oil is more effective, gentler and cheaper, why did I bother with this? Terrible.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I hate this stuff! It doesn't remove all of my eye makeup and it stings my eyes! It leaves a sticky residue and I don't recommend this at all. In fact, I am throwing mine away.

An impulse buy...and a mistake. It works, but not as described. I was looking forward to taking off waterproof mascara by rubbing the gel on my eye lashes and washing off with water. Those are the directions. I looked like a racoon. Applying the gel with a cotton ball did remove my mascara.

I think the key is in the product description on the back of the bottle. One paragraph explains the product takes off waterproof mascara. The next paragraph says the remover is designed for Almay mascara. Perhaps it works as described only for Almay waterproof mascaras. I can't imagine how sorry they are!

I tried Almay's "moisturizing" makeup remover liquid and it was awful (see my review on that) so I decided to try the oil-free version. This one is better than the moisturizing one, but it's still nothing great. I don't have sensitive eyes, but this stings quite a bit. I had to scrub at my lower lids to get my eyeliner off, and I don't wear waterproof eyeliner. Looks like it's time to go back to my old favorite, Clinique's Take the Day Off.

I bought this thinking it would be a good way to help break down my eye makeup, but I was wrong. Pretty much, you glob the stuff over your eyelids, massage it around all the while creating a goopy mess of product and eyemakeup that easily gets into and stings your eyes, and tissue it off (but you'll probably feel the need to rinse it off). It's kind of like using a lightweight lotion to try and remove eye makeup, both in consistancy and effectiveness. Since you'll likely have to rinse it from your eyes anyway, why not just use a good and much more effective facial cleanser?